Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:05:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FAIRBRIX - Announcement - CPU friendly - GPU hostile - Tiny premine  (Read 8002 times)
Splirow

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 12:56:36 AM

Kraken, how did you get your to work? are you using windows 7?

thanks

I have just downloaded the client zip pack. Unzipped run client run miner and .. they are working. On 1 miner thread there is I dont know some kind of error? but im not sure.
" "error"="null" "
Im not in to a software programming but my mind says error = null means no error?
Either way block are calculating but only in one block i got 25 coins the rest is 0.

Which miner file did you use?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 12:59:17 AM

Unfortunately this launch was a false start. There was a problem in the config causing all blocks mined after the 100th blocks to contain 0 coins. The fix would unfortunately require a restart of the coin.

michaelmclees has asked me over IRC to take over for him. I will try to do my best. I will set up a new github.com repository with the source so people can do diffs. And generate a new genesis block. I will premine a few to make sure things work ok. Apparently, that was really needed. When everything is looking good, I will post the client and the source.

In the meantime, please stop your clients and miners and switch back to tenebrix. Smiley

soptik

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 01:03:58 AM

Found 12 blocks, it says "12 transactions" but I didn't get any coins... Now the transactions dissapeared but it still says "12 transactions" on the "main" screen.

Yeah, same to me. It happened already twice (first time about hour ago).
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2011, 01:11:56 AM

Unfortunately this launch was a false start. There was a problem in the config causing all blocks mined after the 100th blocks to contain 0 coins. The fix would unfortunately require a restart of the coin.

michaelmclees has asked me over IRC to take over for him. I will try to do my best. I will set up a new github.com repository with the source so people can do diffs. And generate a new genesis block. I will premine a few to make sure things work ok. Apparently, that was really needed. When everything is looking good, I will post the client and the source.

In the meantime, please stop your clients and miners and switch back to tenebrix. Smiley

We don't need a restart, the coin just decided it doesn't want to live anymore...

We have Tenebrix, it works great, support is better than every other alt-chain (also for GG!), there's a pool and an exchange and enough pre-mined for bounties and laundry.

Fairbrix decided to die, don't be Frankenstein...
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 01:20:37 AM

Same feeling here, though when Solidcoin comes out, I am definitely going to give it a try.

We don't need a restart, the coin just decided it doesn't want to live anymore...

We have Tenebrix, it works great, support is better than every other alt-chain (also for GG!), there's a pool and an exchange and enough pre-mined for bounties and laundry.

Fairbrix decided to die, don't be Frankenstein...
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 04:46:12 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2011, 03:42:13 PM by freequant

Oh noes, LameBrix is dead!
Pathetic...

Edit :
Spoken a bit quick.
Looks like coblee managed to get back the thing under control pretty quick.
Let's see what it becomes.
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 07:33:40 AM

What happened ?

I made sure that the custom inflation (aka make magkal blocks with arbitrary coinage) is off in the config (custom_inflation=0) and set subsidy to "allways 25" (Subsidy=25), wtf did go wrong ?

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
coblee
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 07:53:27 AM

What happened ?

I made sure that the custom inflation (aka make magkal blocks with arbitrary coinage) is off in the config (custom_inflation=0) and set subsidy to "allways 25" (Subsidy=25), wtf did go wrong ?

The code checks for the flag custom_inflation, so setting it to 0 still triggers custom inflation. Since post_Subsidy is not set, after 100 blocks, the subsidy becomes 0. doh!

Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 08:01:09 AM

What happened ?

The code checks for the flag custom_inflation, so setting it to 0 still triggers custom inflation. Since post_Subsidy is not set, after 100 blocks, the subsidy becomes 0. doh!

mmm crap.

But why does inflation_trigger default to 100 ? Also, dudes, we can theoretcially fix it without restart, just with a config update.

custom_inflation=1

infaltion_trigger=(current block nucmber)+ 5 blocks

post_Subsidly=25

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
coblee
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 08:05:16 AM

What happened ?

mmm crap.

But why does inflation_trigger default to 100 ? Also, dudes, we can theoretcially fix it without restart, just with a config update.

custom_inflation=1

post_Subsidly=25

You sure. wouldn't the 0-coin blocks be invalid with your new config?

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2011, 08:07:02 AM

I suppose it is fair that each user gets 0 coins.

Cheesy

Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 08:23:54 AM

What happened ?

mmm crap.

custom_inflation=1

post_Subsidly=25

You sure. wouldn't the 0-coin blocks be invalid with your new config?

Old ones are interpreted as okay blocks, new 0-blocks AFTER triggervalue will be rejected by "upgraded" net

Feed the Lolcust!
Matoking

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2011, 08:49:53 AM

Well.

That was rather awkward.

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
thirdlight

Activity: 445

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 09:22:30 AM

So, I've set
Code:
custom_inflation=1
post_subsidy=25
inflation_trigger=1550
in fairbrix.conf

If everyone else does the same, problem solved?

thirdlight

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 09:29:57 AM

We're at block 1551 - can anyone confirm it has coins in?

iopq

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 09:38:53 AM

where do I get windows binaries?
caston

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2011, 09:55:32 AM

I tried mining it with the changes above. So far no coins but says i've done 5 blocks.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
soptik

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 10:41:11 AM

Tried to change conf file too, and after 160 confirmations there is still 0 FBX per mined block
thirdlight

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 10:54:46 AM

Ok, trying:
Code:
#custom_inflation=1
#post_subsidy=25
#inflation_trigger=1550
gives me 25 coins in block 1726

So, comment out, or delete, those lines!

soptik

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 11:08:17 AM

Ok, trying:
Code:
#custom_inflation=1
#post_subsidy=25
#inflation_trigger=1550
gives me 25 coins in block 1726

So, comment out, or delete, those lines!

It helped, thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: