Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:46:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Earn 0BTC for getting shops/organisations to accept Bitcoin!  (Read 98047 times)
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 21, 2011, 03:56:48 PM

Okay, I’ve sent the mail now and suggested Mt.Gox. I don’t see any really superior alternative except maybe for trading with individuals who’ll buy at lower rates and sell at exchanges for profit – which I mentioned too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2011, 04:41:30 PM

Mahkul, would you mind updating the OP with information on successful converts? Perhaps a link to an online spreadsheet that lists business information along with the name and Bitcoin address of the individual who contacted them? This would make it easier to determine when each person that has pledged needs to send off a bounty payment.
Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
March 21, 2011, 05:22:04 PM

Mahkul, would you mind updating the OP with information on successful converts? Perhaps a link to an online spreadsheet that lists business information along with the name and Bitcoin address of the individual who contacted them? This would make it easier to determine when each person that has pledged needs to send off a bounty payment.

Yes, I will create something like that later today or tomorrow the latest.
rullzer

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2011, 06:05:40 PM

I will contact Bits Of Freedom (https://bof.nl) A dutch digital rights organisation to see if they are interested in using bitcoin for donations/gadet sales.
rullzer

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 22, 2011, 08:20:32 AM

I will also contact KDE.org to see if they will accept bitcoins!
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2011, 05:28:51 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2011, 05:45:09 PM by ryepdx

I am contacting ThinkGeek.

Hey, we gotta start dreaming big.  Smiley

Edit:
Also contacting PayPal.
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2011, 05:59:38 PM

I like the idea of Bitcoin selling force - people contacting eshops and explaining them the benefits of Bitcoin. So I offer 3 BTC per shop, up to 100 BTC in total (for the first phase).

My conditions:
a) Site google rank > 3
b) Offer legal goods
c) Bitcoin is listed on the site as standard way for payments (not just tiny link on the bottom of the page).
d) Site is listed on trade page on bitcoin wiki

And I'm reserving 'veto right' in all cases, because I know that people can be very inventive when the money are lying around Wink.

Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2011, 06:14:19 PM

Are there any "we accept bitcoins!" logos that anyone has made?

I want to put it on my site but I'll need it in Spanish. If this hasn't been made and someone is good at that stuff I'd be happy to chip in.
I've only got a little btc in my account though. Still I figure others are looking too.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
cruzer

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2011, 02:28:56 AM

Okay, I'll try to get, Revision3.com, Hak5.org, and Jupiterbroadcasting.com to exept donations in bitcoin.

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 23, 2011, 07:07:39 AM

I will attempt to get Cory Doctorow http://craphound.com/ to accept Bitcoins.

Currently only accepting Paypal, which sucks. Does that count as an organization or as a shop? :p
praxeologist

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2011, 07:52:29 AM

I want to put it on my site but I'll need it in Spanish. If this hasn't been made and someone is good at that stuff I'd be happy to chip in.
I've only got a little btc in my account though. Still I figure others are looking too.

I have the design files and fonts to alter something like this, so I can do it for you free in the next couple days. What do I put, Aceptamos Bitcoin? Tell me what size you need and jpg/png/ai format whatever you want

My ecig webstore is going to open any day now and I changed my section on Bitcoin from the video on the homepage to the new animated one at http://www.weusecoins.com/. Hopefully I qualify, but I have known about bitcoin for a while.

Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2011, 03:08:36 PM

I have the design files and fonts to alter something like this, so I can do it for you free in the next couple days. What do I put, Aceptamos Bitcoin? Tell me what size you need and jpg/png/ai format whatever you want

My ecig webstore is going to open any day now and I changed my section on Bitcoin from the video on the homepage to the new animated one at http://www.weusecoins.com/. Hopefully I qualify, but I have known about bitcoin for a while.

"Aceptamos Bitcoin" works but "Se Aceptan Bitcoin" is more formal and I prefer it. I guess if it takes 10 seconds more to make both then you could do both. If I had to pick I'd go with the 2nd.

moneyandtech.com
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 23, 2011, 03:33:33 PM

I'm going to contact the German Privacy Foundation (http://privacyfoundation.de)

They're selling a product, the cryptostick (smartcard on a usb stick), maybe I can get them to accept bitcoins in their shop or as donations.

Don't start buying cryptosticks yet Wink wait for them to accept bitcoins. If you'd like to get a cryptostick, ask if they accept bitcoins :p

Don't know if they match the criteria, but will do anyways.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
praxeologist

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2011, 04:11:59 PM

"Aceptamos Bitcoin" works but "Se Aceptan Bitcoin" is more formal and I prefer it. I guess if it takes 10 seconds more to make both then you could do both. If I had to pick I'd go with the 2nd.

Take a look at this picture to see what I have already. http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6039/bclogos.png

Really with how the "accepted here" is drawn, maybe you want to say that... "Aceptado Aqui"? I'll put whatever you want because only takes a second to change text, just my Spanish is not good.

Also, you need to tell me the size and if you want PNG/JPG/AI or other file format. If you can use AI or Illustrator that is best and you can edit yourself

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 23, 2011, 06:15:14 PM

will try to convince queeky.com (online drawing) to accept bitcoins for their upcoming premium account selling and maybe donations.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 23, 2011, 06:51:19 PM

I like this idea! Could someone post a sample letter or a list of talking points for pitching the idea of Bitcoins?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2011, 07:56:04 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2011, 09:22:30 AM by Holy-Fire

I like this idea! Could someone post a sample letter or a list of talking points for pitching the idea of Bitcoins?
You can have a look at what I am going to send to DOSBox here.
A few points which are important in my view are:
1. Don't be a spammer. If it's a shop, only contact them if you've made purchases before. If an organization, show that you are actually involved in and care about their cause.
2. Unless they are very much inclined towards the philosophy of Bitcoin, they won't care how great it is to have an Open Source peer-to-peer deflationary cryptographic currency which is not controlled by any possibly malicious single point of failure and that they will be helping promote a better future. These can be mentioned to provide some perspective of what Bitcoin is, but downplayed. They care about what's in it for them, how it will help them in their own lives. They want to know that Bitcoin will give them extra business/donations they can convert to fiat currency which is of known use to them. That's not them being selfish, just practical. If they later choose to be more involved that's an added bonus.
3. They will want to know that with Bitcoin, people can send money easily and with no/low transaction fees.
4. Shops may be interested to know there are no chargebacks with Bitcoin.
5. Make it personal. Let them know how you personally would love to pay them with bitcoins.
6. They will be concerned about the work required to receive Bitcoin payments. Let them know that it's easy and offer to help (it helps if yourself you know a thing or two about Bitcoin and its related services).
7. Be polite, of course.
8. Don't overdo it. They will be put off by too much enthusiasm.

Update: 2 organizations I've contacted were concerned about what they could do with bitcoins, so I recommend mentioning CoinCard in the first message (for shops, too). 2 shops were concerned about the work required to integrate Bitcoin to their shopping carts, so you may want to familiarize yourself with existing solutions to make it easier for them.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2011, 08:08:18 PM

Take a look at this picture to see what I have already. http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6039/bclogos.png

Really with how the "accepted here" is drawn, maybe you want to say that... "Aceptado Aqui"? I'll put whatever you want because only takes a second to change text, just my Spanish is not good.

Also, you need to tell me the size and if you want PNG/JPG/AI or other file format. If you can use AI or Illustrator that is best and you can edit yourself

Aceptado Aqui sounds better in English than Spanish. Let's go with "Se Aceptan" I think if you put it with those logos it will look fine. I would think of it in English like "Bitcoin Acepted"

In regards to formatting I can change the size in photoshop if you can send it to me as a PSD. I'll probably make an avatar and a logo for webpages etc and repost them.

Thanks a bunch.

moneyandtech.com
Tritlo

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2011, 08:20:22 PM

Going to go for Minecraft.net.
Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
March 23, 2011, 08:21:34 PM

Guys, sorry that I still haven't put up that spreadsheet - have been busy with work and college. I will try and do it tomorrow evening (GMT).
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: