Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:32:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Earn 0BTC for getting shops/organisations to accept Bitcoin!  (Read 97963 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 30, 2011, 11:42:57 AM

I'm aiming at the german pirate party (http://piratenpartei.de) to convince them to accept BTC donations.

Their donation page (http://web.piratenpartei.de/spenden) doesn't currently mention bitcoin.

Since they even talk about privacy concerns on the donation page, mentioning paypals long storage of payment information, Bitcoin should be quite a fit for them. It's a rather large organization, so it might be hard to get to the right people... we'll see.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2011, 12:01:31 PM

Bitcoin payments are now accepted at wuala.com on a dedicated page: http://www.wuala.com/bitcoin

Cool! As soon as bitcoin will be mentioned on their site (homepage or pricing page or 'buy additional storage' page), I'll send my coins.

Zulu

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2011, 03:59:32 PM

Went for The Pirate Bay. Let's see if anything comes out of it.

Edit: Also went for the Swedish Pirate Party (http://www.piratpartiet.se/).
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2011, 05:40:42 PM

Sent Hermel my first payout - 5 BTC for getting Wuala to accept Bitcoin. Nice job. Smiley

I think it would be a good idea for Persuaders to post the message sent to the entity that caused them to accept Bitcoin.
Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
March 30, 2011, 05:42:25 PM

Sent Hermel my first payout - 5 BTC for getting Wuala to accept Bitcoin. Nice job. Smiley

I think it would be a good idea for Persuaders to post the message sent to the entity that caused them to accept Bitcoin.

Very good idea

Btw, I called them the Persuaders as a tribute to the old series with Roger Moore and Tony Curtis.
BitterTea

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 01:33:51 AM

I will make an attempt at persuading Vodo to allow content creators to accept Bitcoin donations to fund their work through the site.

Also, check out Zenith. It's an anti-authoritarian sci-fi and the first episode is quite interesting. I am unclear on the details, but Anonymous contributed to its making in some significant way.
no to the gold cult

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 02:05:40 AM

I've asked amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com if they accept bitcoin. We'll see.
BitterTea

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 02:17:23 AM

Might want to mention Silk Road...
CryptikEnigma

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 02:24:01 AM

Why would we want to mention that? The less it's talked about on 'surface web' public forums the better. They've been accepting BTC from the start anyways if I'm not mistaken.
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 07:30:21 AM

Why would we want to mention that? The less it's talked about on 'surface web' public forums the better. They've been accepting BTC from the start anyways if I'm not mistaken.

I think he meant, "mention silk road to amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com". Not "ask silk road to start accepting btc".

Ricochet

Activity: 373

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 10:22:51 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2011, 02:03:31 AM by Ricochet

This is mostly indirect, so it's probably stupid for me to post it here, but it's a feedback email I just sent to the creators of a Twitter client for the iPhone.  Given that I just sent it now, I have not yet received a response, but we'll see what happens.  Relevant bit is in the final paragraph (bolded).

Forewarning: this is a long email, relatively speaking.  I understand you must get tons of emails every day, and thus it's easy to simply discard mail from the common user, but I plead you to read this.  I mean heck, I'm sending the email because Twitter's 140-character limit cannot possibly contain all that I wish to convey.  You've been highly responsive on Twitter, for which I praise you, and I can only hope that you're as responsive to email.  That said, here we go.

Hey guys, just wanted to first congratulate you on the amazing work you've done with SimplyTweet.  I've been a loyal follower after I randomly found your app on some "free app for a day" thing celebrating your first birthday, which was actually only a few days after I joined Twitter.  It was a timing coincidence, but I couldn't be happier.  I upgraded to ST 3 without question, and have (somewhat unsuccessfully) attempted to convince my iPhone-bearing friends to consider it as a good app to purchase, especially back in the time when the official Twitter app didn't have push notifications and Echofone only supported push between users of the same app.  Sadly I don't think any of them actually switched, but oh well, their loss.

Regarding Twitter's latest announcement that they essentially don't like 3rd-party apps, AKA they don't like anyone who doesn't show the "awesomebar" panel of ads, well screw them.  I truly hope that their announcement doesn't discourage you from continuing to work on SimplyTweet.  They made an API, and now they want Emperor-level control of how that API is used?  Bulls**t.

That said (aka now that I've buttered you up), there is a single feature found in other apps (like Tweetdeck) that I would like to request, and it's enough of a gamebreaker that I'm seriously considering switching apps, though I *really* don't want to.  Granted this is more of a fault of the people I follow, but still.  I would really like the ability to filter out certain phrases and hashtags and never see them ever again.  I swear, if I see yet another 4Square checkin or Formspring "ASK ME ANYTHING LOL" message or "Daily Twitter Horoscope" thing... Well, let's just say that filtering out those posts is easier than directly confronting these people and asking them to stop spamming my timeline with their uselessness (trust me I have tried on all accounts and it hasn't worked).  If I can ignore them, I will be a very happy man.

This is just a simple[1] use of regular expression, right? </pointlesssarcasm>
[1] OH GOD REGEXPS.  Useful yet PAINFUL AS HELL, dear God.  My sympathies for my request.

On a similar note, I follow a group off people who regularly attend various events nationwide. For some of these events, I can become somewhat jealous that I am unable to attend, and because they are usually rather diligent about using hashtags for these events, being able to filter them out would be beneficial overall, at least in preventing my own jealousy.

It's just something to think about, at least.  Like I said, I love SimplyTweet (especially the conversation view, which I am highly intrigued how you managed to code up, coming from an Electrical Engineering / CS background).  I can only hope that you continue releasing updates to iOS 3.x+ devices, and that you take my request to heart.  If not, well then at least I still have a fully functioning Twitter app that I'm happy with, so I guess I can't complain.  It still amazes me that people don't understand that running a push server actually costs time and *gasp* MONEY to maintain, and the fact remains that you've been one of the most reliable people to provide push functionality in this regard, minus your PUBLICLY ANNOUNCED outages, and for that I congratulate you.

And finally, I would like to donate some money to your cause, whether or not you implement my feature requests.  I honestly don't care, and you've done enough to earn it.  Do you have a Bitcoin address I can donate to?  If so, I will pledge 10 bitcoins, which at the current MtGox value of ~$0.80 USD per bitcoin, is worth $8.  Not much more than the standard cost of the app, sure, but I would hope that you can't give up free money, right?  Note that CoinPal and CoinCard are currently the easiest ways to convert between USD and Bitcoin, and yes, I am not-so-subtly attempting to promote this alternative currency here.  That said, I *do* pledge 10 bitcoins, and whether or not you choose to accept them is entirely your call.  You introduced me to the world of Twitter (for which I thank you greatly), so I feel slightly less shameful in my attempts to introduce you to the world of Bitcoin, though I do understand how divided your attention may be so I will not push it.  You've given enough to me as a user already.

Thanks again,

Ricochet
Ricochet

Activity: 373

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 10:40:42 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2011, 02:04:04 AM by Ricochet

I had a number of agendas in this post (the primary one being the ability to filter posts within the app), and thus I don't expect to receive anything for it.  Just wanted to post it as more of a public record, more than anything.

EDIT:  for the record, I have absolutely no idea how closely he watches his email, if he even monitors it at all.  
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 05:22:57 PM

I'm encouraging the FreeSWITCH project to accept donations in bitcoin.

Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2011, 07:19:53 PM

It seems you have missed my attempt on GOG.
Which is kind of a moot point, since after two weeks and two messages, they have not responded. I'm withdrawing my claim for a bounty for now.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
uncaer9

Activity: 413

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 07:34:25 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2011, 06:09:19 PM by uncaer9

I've sent e-mail to korwin-mikke.pl and h-rp.co

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
     ▄████▀                 ▀████▄
   ▄███▀
  ▄██▀
 ▄██▀   ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██▀    ████████▀▀   ▀▀████████
███     ██████▀  ██▄▄   ▀██████     ███
███     ██████   ██████  ██████     ███
███     ██████▄  ██▀▀   ▄██████     ███
▀██▄    ████████▄▄   ▄▄████████    ▄██▀
 ▀██▄   ▀█████████████████████▀   ▄██▀
  ▀██▄                           ▄██▀
   ▀███▄                       ▄███▀
     ▀████▄                 ▄████▀
       ▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
           ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
PUREVIDZ█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
[][████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄               ▄█████▄   ▄▄
██▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄        ▄█████████████▀
▀█████▄▄     ████████████▀
 ▀██████████▄████████████
█████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████████
   ███████████████████
    ▀▀██████████████▀
     ▄▄███████████▀
▀███████████████▀
  ▀▀████████▀▀
]█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
█▄█████▄█
▀▀▀▀▀
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2011, 07:20:38 AM

This is mostly indirect, so it's probably stupid for me to post it here, but it's a feedback email I just sent to the creators of a Twitter client for the iPhone.  Given that I just sent it now, I have not yet received a response, but we'll see what happens.  Relevant bit is in the final paragraph (bolded).
I haven't yet made a successful persuasion, so you all should take my advice with a grain (or bag) of salt.

But to be honest, I don't think your attempt is very good. Bitcoin is a huge thing to wrap one's mind around. People who are introduced to it by a proselytizer (rather than organically due to matching interests) will want a very clear picture of what Bitcoin is, how to use it and what it can do for them. And in my opinion, the way to do that is not with a monolithic mind-dump paragraph which assumes the recipient has any clue what you are talking about, slapped as an afterthought on the end of a long message about something else entirely.

Also, it appears people are reluctant to consider Bitcoin even when you chase them flapping a 100 BTC note, I don't know if a 10 BTC pledge is such a strong selling point.

This does not mean I think you'll fail though. Ultimately it mostly depends on the personality of the recipient.

Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 01, 2011, 08:44:09 AM

Trying infokrieg.tv.
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2011, 02:44:42 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2011, 05:30:04 PM by Holy-Fire

I'm going for http://www.performance-pcs.com/ .
Edit: Wow, that was a quick failure. I was sure they would be open to the idea. At least they gave me a response. I'll make just one clarification to them, and if they persist I'll drop it.
Edit: Ok, it's official now. They had this to say:
No thanks. It costs way to much to develop payment modules for shopping cart and Paypal is the Standard. We dont need another option right now. Sorry.
I won't harass them any more, but maybe next time I'll mention MyBitcoin's merchant services earlier (though honestly I don't know how to use them or if they will solve the problem mentioned).

zlyfire

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2011, 11:20:26 PM

Hmm, seems like a way or me to get bitcoins.
I will attempt to convince landover baptist forums to accept bitcoins as a way to donate to the sites. (landoverbaptistforums.net)
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2011, 05:30:32 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2011, 09:48:03 AM by Holy-Fire

http://www.iz3d.com/ (shop, stereoscopic 3D products, PageRank 5)

Edit: This is looking better than I expected!
No - we don't support Bitcoin yet - but I like an idea.
Are you involved into this project? Reason I'm asking is I'm not only iZ3D executive, but also NeurOK Angel investor and this project sounds interesting for me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: