Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:10:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Earn 0BTC for getting shops/organisations to accept Bitcoin!  (Read 97960 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 03, 2011, 02:59:37 PM

As said before, it looks like I have actually convinced the german privacy foundation to accept donations using bitcoins.

Can someone verify they are currently not doing so?
I confirm that (but apparently they also accept cash). Also, for convenience of fellow non-German speakers who would also like to take a look, here's the Google Translate link.

Ha, they finally did it (just received email from them): https://www.privacyfoundation.de/verein/spenden/

Btw: I told them about the bounty and that I would donate half of it, should I receive it. I hope that doesn't disqualify me and I will receive the bounty for convincing an organization to accept Bitcoin for donations?

They also told me the developers liked the idea of selling the CryptoStick for bitcoin, but don't currently have an interface to their shop-system. I will offer my help, of course.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2011, 07:41:26 PM

This is a bit off-topic, as it's not eligible for a bounty, but DOSBox now accepts Bitcoin donations. I think this is evidence in favor of the effectiveness of the community pledge model.

Where do we have list(s) of entities which accept Bitcoin? This should be added, along with other successes of this thread.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2011, 08:10:13 PM

Where do we have list(s) of entities which accept Bitcoin? This should be added, along with other successes of this thread.

There's a wiki-page for that: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade

So you can edit yourself Wink

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2011, 08:42:51 PM

Hey Mahkul,

Okay guys, I have put up the spreadsheets containing sponsors and persuaders. Smiley

http://www.editgrid.com/user/mahkul/Earn_BTC_for_promoting_Bitcoin

Let me know if you see any mistakes in it - or, even more importantly, once the status should be changed from pending to complete. Smiley

Are you still maintaining that spreadsheet? If so I would like to give you some coinage for doing that, because I think it's a good idea. Address?

I suggest you split line 17, "German Privacy Foundation" into two entries, one for their accepting btc as donation as an organisation fighting for privacy and one for their shop selling products. The former you can set to COMPLETED (see my previous post(s)), the shop is still in the works and will take more time.

I also suggest you could put a column "bounty received" to track the payment of bounties? Is that a good idea? If so you can put the BTC 2.5 I received from Blitzboom for German Privacy Foundation (organisation).

dirtyfilthy

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 12:42:23 AM

As said before, it looks like I have actually convinced the german privacy foundation to accept donations using bitcoins.

Can someone verify they are currently not doing so?
I confirm that (but apparently they also accept cash). Also, for convenience of fellow non-German speakers who would also like to take a look, here's the Google Translate link.

Ha, they finally did it (just received email from them): https://www.privacyfoundation.de/verein/spenden/

Btw: I told them about the bounty and that I would donate half of it, should I receive it. I hope that doesn't disqualify me and I will receive the bounty for convincing an organization to accept Bitcoin for donations?

They also told me the developers liked the idea of selling the CryptoStick for bitcoin, but don't currently have an interface to their shop-system. I will offer my help, of course.

Sweet, sent you 10 BTC and sent 2 BTC to the privacy foundation.
guesswho

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 03:11:39 AM

I'm writing to erowid.org right now Smiley (501(c)(3) organization)

http://www.erowid.org/donations/donations_bitcoin.php

They've added bitcoin as an option for donations Smiley (This page is accessed via http://www.erowid.org/donations/donations.php and clicking the bitcoin logo near the paypal/mastercard/etc logos)

What do I need to do next?
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2011, 09:24:53 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2011, 09:48:35 AM by Holy-Fire

http://silentpcreview.com/ (organization, silent PC hardware reviews, PageRank 5)

Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Belkaar

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2011, 10:32:56 AM

I just send a message to the german "BüSo" political party. They have a strong goal of reforming the global finance market. Maybe this will be right sown their ally.

Belkaar

bitcoinCodes.com: Get XBox live, PSN and WoW game time codes fast and anonymously
Android RPC client: Bitcoiner
Bitmessage: BM-GtcxVju35PGuD6es9vrF1SXtCVxScbjB
dafishman

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 02:15:03 PM

I've sent a request to newzbin.com to see if they would accept BTC. We shall shall see. I believe it would be perfect for them.

DaFish...
dirtyfilthy

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 01:24:58 AM

They've added bitcoin as an option for donations Smiley (This page is accessed via http://www.erowid.org/donations/donations.php and clicking the bitcoin logo near the paypal/mastercard/etc logos)

Nothing, sent 10 BTC to the address in your sig. Sent 20 BTC to erowid true cos they rule.
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2011, 08:37:10 AM

By the way, should we maybe collect bounties somewhere so that the full reward comes in at once?
Just what I was going to suggest. I wanted to write about it later, but since you beat me to it I'll go ahead.

If we want this drive to be successful and scalable, it needs to be better organized. I propose the following:

1. We agree on a uniform set of rules for eligibility for a bounty. Those in the OP seem good to me, but we need to clarify in what form we would like the entity to announce its support for Bitcoin (a separate page without any link to it is not good enough IMO).
2. Mahkul will create a MyBitcoin account to collect pledges.
3. Pledgers will post, either here or in a PM to Mahkul, how much they will pay for each conversion, and how much they wish to deposit. They will send the pledge to the MyBitcoin account.
4. Mahkul will update the spreadsheet with the pledges and deposits for each.
5. As we have now, persuaders will announce their intention in advance, it will be checked and added to the spreadsheet.
5. If the attempt is successful, the persuader will post news of the success, along with a receiving address.
6. Mahkul will judge eligibility according to the rules specified. If it's valid, he will send the total amount, and deduct the appropriate amount from the deposits of each pledger.
7. If a pledger sees his deposit is running dry, he can choose to either deposit more or discontinue his pledge.

Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 10:42:21 AM

Hey Mahkul,

Okay guys, I have put up the spreadsheets containing sponsors and persuaders. Smiley

http://www.editgrid.com/user/mahkul/Earn_BTC_for_promoting_Bitcoin

Let me know if you see any mistakes in it - or, even more importantly, once the status should be changed from pending to complete. Smiley

Are you still maintaining that spreadsheet? If so I would like to give you some coinage for doing that, because I think it's a good idea. Address?

I suggest you split line 17, "German Privacy Foundation" into two entries, one for their accepting btc as donation as an organisation fighting for privacy and one for their shop selling products. The former you can set to COMPLETED (see my previous post(s)), the shop is still in the works and will take more time.

I also suggest you could put a column "bounty received" to track the payment of bounties? Is that a good idea? If so you can put the BTC 2.5 I received from Blitzboom for German Privacy Foundation (organisation).

Sorry, I have been away for the weekend. I will update the spreadsheet in about an hour and also will send the outstanding pledges.

My Bitcoin address is: 1NP5ZeWrTSiiZQPLBFxBkd6W6VHrqNNWMG

Thanks for your support!
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 04:03:57 PM

By the way, should we maybe collect bounties somewhere so that the full reward comes in at once?
Just what I was going to suggest. I wanted to write about it later, but since you beat me to it I'll go ahead.

If we want this drive to be successful and scalable, it needs to be better organized. I propose the following:

I prefer to manage my own bounty. Especially for this scenario where there is not one single bounty, it makes more sense to me for each individual to check the spreadsheet every now and again and send out payments when needed.
Mahkul (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 04:30:49 PM

I prefer to manage my own bounty. Especially for this scenario where there is not one single bounty, it makes more sense to me for each individual to check the spreadsheet every now and again and send out payments when needed.

Yes, I think so too. Also, keeping all BTC in one mybitcoin account would be VERY confusing.

I think the best idea would be to add a few columns to the spreadsheet with the pledgers' names and give them access to it. This way each person could mark on it that the pledge was sent. Besides, I could use some help with maintaining the sheet anyway.

Any volunteers?
Mahkul (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 09:40:42 AM

I've sent e-mail to korwin-mikke.pl and h-rp.co

Sorry, but h-rp.co has a google pagerank of 0, thus it will not qualify for the reward. You may still get them to accept BTC, though. Wink
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 09:47:34 AM

http://cognitivefun.net/ (organization, cognitive exercises, PageRank 4)
They currently don't solicit donations at all, I wonder what they'll think of this.

Mahkul (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 09:53:35 AM

Hmm, seems like a way or me to get bitcoins.
I will attempt to convince landover baptist forums to accept bitcoins as a way to donate to the sites. (landoverbaptistforums.net)

It seems like this page has no google pagerank, I don't think it will qualify for the reward.
Mahkul (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 10:02:40 AM

That's great news! Please let us know your Bitcoin address you want to use to receive the rewards.
Mahkul (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 10:04:01 AM

I just send a message to the german "BüSo" political party. They have a strong goal of reforming the global finance market. Maybe this will be right sown their ally.

Belkaar

What's their website address?
Mahkul (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 10:09:16 AM

OK guys, I think I have updated everything. I have added the "Bounty already sent by" column where we can mark who already received their reward from whom.

Sorry about the delay with updating the spreadsheet - I have been really busy with my exchange project (shameless ad: https://bitmarket.eu). Wink

Please let me know if you see any mistakes or have any suggestions. I know this is not ideal, especially if we get more pledgers/persuaders the spreadsheet may not be enough and I may not be able to be updating it quick enough.

Perhaps someone would be interested to give me a hand with the spreadsheet, especially some of the pledgers?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: