Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:42:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the biggest problem that crypto faces today?
Regulation - 5 (18.5%)
Scammers - 13 (48.1%)
Mass Adoption - 1 (3.7%)
Real world use - 7 (25.9%)
Security - 0 (0%)
Too early - 1 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 473 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DopeCoin - DopeCoin is now on Blockfolio Signal  (Read 635406 times)
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 12:20:08 AM

First thanks for you well thought out feedback and welcome to our community good to see a new face around here!  Grin

So are there any ideas as to what needs to be done before the price goes up? Not 100% sure myself as such this is just an opinion so take it as you will. I think one of the biggest hurdles to overcome is going to be the lack of people accepting Dopecoin as payment thus not giving people enough places to adopt/use it en masse. Think about it, if a dealer can accept 10 dollars worth of some type of widely adopted fiat cash(or even a more widely adopted Cryptocurrency than Dopecoin currently for that matter), and go spend it on a shit ton of things from food to electronics to a really cheap hooker(seriously it's 10 dollars did you think your hooker wouldn't have STDs?) why would they do anything else?

You are spot on.  Merchant adoption and usage adoption is a key to driving value.  So establishing this is very important and in the works. You bring up a good point about choice. DopeCoin hopes of adding a value add of coin mixing for example. So when you go to make a purchase you are going to want to use DopeCoin to make that purchase.

Why are they going to accept something that's lesser known unless there is a valid reason to do so/it offers similar or greater value to alternatives. I almost think we need to possibly invest in some Dopecoin based start ups that expand the Dope brand to more retailers/make it easier to accept/spend on a large scale for the average everyday person(maybe something along the lines of that new Bitcoin credit card, but with Dopecoin instead you could call it Dope Financing, or Dopester Card also has a nice ring to it!). Also another idea could be contests to see who could come up with some of the most creative concepts to advance Dopecoin adoption/make it go along more smoothly/with less-friction.

Yes, investing DopeCoin start up's is a brilliant idea and something I've been contemplating for a bit myself. I think we are just trying to get the platform/infrastructure set-up and it will lend itself to what your talking about.  The credit card idea is in the works actually and the idea of Dopester card is nice! lol .... Will we have been doing some contests check out Miss Dopecoin! lol ....so we are always in the mindset of getting user adoption.

I think a small army of developers could emerge(assuming they saw enough potential), and build a kick-ass foundation from which to keep on expanding. It seems that increasing the number of uses it has is key to increasing it's overall value. Right now it's too much of a gamble for dealers to just straight up accept in place of cash/other payments unless there was some sort of insurance that they wouldn't be out money which in a mostly illegal industry there usually is not, and if there is someone generally tends to get their kneecaps busted in...so yeah, basically I think it needs to have more uses than just what it was originally intended for.

I agree with this thinking and is what got me into this coin to begin . To sort of build out its services.

Although that could still be it's main intended use, you should eventually someday be able to pay your bills with it. This is another area where the name "Dopecoin" outshines the name "Potcoin", the "Pot" in Potcoin means that's all it will probably ever be known for. Dope is pretty much in modern terms another word for cool/badass/sweet meaning it could be widely adopted beyond it's original purpose. Just some food for thought I suppose.

Once again spot on.  PotCoin has boxed itself into "one trick" pony in that it will only be used for Pot. Which is what they said they attended it for which is fine.  But in reality DopeCoin can be used for anything and everything. Like its a much more catchier term as in cool/baddass/sweet so under that thinking it can be used anywhere. It does sort have a dogecoin kind of feel to it. 

Thank you for this great feedback and love talking about all this!

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dopecoindude
Legendary

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 12:20:41 AM

I keep forgetting that this coin is only like a couple months old though too. It's just the amount of development you see in this coin it seems a lot of the bigger coins didn't have til recently/some still probably don't. It's kind of nice in that sense I suppose, I mean if the current rate of development keeps coming along at this nice consistent pace imagine 6-12 months into development lol. o.o

$1 by the end of the year or bust! Wink

UKGunner

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:03:36 PM

I keep forgetting that this coin is only like a couple months old though too. It's just the amount of development you see in this coin it seems a lot of the bigger coins didn't have til recently/some still probably don't. It's kind of nice in that sense I suppose, I mean if the current rate of development keeps coming along at this nice consistent pace imagine 6-12 months into development lol. o.o

$1 by the end of the year or bust! Wink

For sure it will then $10 by the end of the following year and early retirement....... Wink

Dopecoin - In Anonymity We Trust. 4HfAmTL8oDq851kY17EaQeEEq97pTTsdBu  
CinniCoin The Future Is Now. JVgfbKMk9MrdwZry7X6iCTunTtdS2h1fYP
omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:07:40 PM

I added your dice site to my top 100 betting sites list

http://cryptobettingindex.com/

your at #69
Tweek

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 01:19:57 PM

your at #69
Great news, did you also check out our poker game?

omahapoker

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:21:16 PM

your at #69
Great news, did you also check out our poker game?

yes, i will be adding all gambling sites soon. right now im working on ones that show how many bets made. i have dopecoin wheel game too. my top 100 is going to top 200. should be up to see in a day
boneee

Activity: 143

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:26:13 PM

I have no idea if it exist or if it is even possible, but what would be great for the dopecoin (or all crypto currencies).
If there was something like a prepaid dopecoin card that you can buy for say like $50. But the card itself has no dopecoin but just $50 on it. And then when you make a transaction for say like $10, then $10 wil be taken from the card en changed to dopecoins, and with the dopecoins the retailer is payed. That would mean that if i buy a prepaid dopecard today, i can still use it next year and the card still has a value of $50.
That would mean if someone would buy a prepaid dopecard he or she would never lose money, even if the price of dopecoin has changed from the time they bod the prepaid dopecard.
Then people outside the crypto world will have more faith in buying there weed with dopecoins

Again really don't no if it exist or if it is even possible.

Greet

Funny you should mentioned this. I used to run a BTC service like this so I'm currently looking into how to make this happen.  I'll let you know what I find . Also this could help cannabis dispensaries  as the card could be the "bank" for them instead of holding on to all that cash they just withdraw when needed . Good suggestion.

Is there any news aboute this? or are you still looking in to it?

Greet Boneee
dopecoindude
Legendary

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 03:16:11 PM

I have no idea if it exist or if it is even possible, but what would be great for the dopecoin (or all crypto currencies).
If there was something like a prepaid dopecoin card that you can buy for say like $50. But the card itself has no dopecoin but just $50 on it. And then when you make a transaction for say like $10, then $10 wil be taken from the card en changed to dopecoins, and with the dopecoins the retailer is payed. That would mean that if i buy a prepaid dopecard today, i can still use it next year and the card still has a value of $50.
That would mean if someone would buy a prepaid dopecard he or she would never lose money, even if the price of dopecoin has changed from the time they bod the prepaid dopecard.
Then people outside the crypto world will have more faith in buying there weed with dopecoins

Greet

Funny you should mentioned this. I used to run a BTC service like this so I'm currently looking into how to make this happen.  I'll let you know what I find . Also this could help cannabis dispensaries  as the card could be the "bank" for them instead of holding on to all that cash they just withdraw when needed . Good suggestion.

Greet Boneee
No a friend of mine is building it out.  Should everything done shortly.

boneee

Activity: 143

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:40:05 PM

Greet

Greet Boneee
No a friend of mine is building it out.  Should everything done shortly.

Ok that's good news, thanks for the update

Greet Boneee
Detedagowa

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:02:03 AM

Another idea we could do to promote Dopecoin might be to take a page out of Namecoin's book(They offer .bit domain names that aren't on traditional DNS servers if memory serves) We could do .dope domain names. People being able to spend Dopecoin on domain names without having to convert to USD or other currency would mean the coin has even more value, not to mention a potentially more anonymous internet maybe since you might not have to register with traditional services(not sure if this is the case so don't quote me, but if the DNS servers were outside of the US somewhere they don't have Jurisdiction, it seems like it would mostly be true). I think it could potentially be a neat addition to the Dopecoin infrastructure, and possibly even drive some more value to it. Not sure how this would be done, but I just thought it'd be nice to be able to add one more thing you can buy to the list of Dope products!~ :O Feel free to correct any errors I've made in these statements as I'm not exactly privy on this particular topic.
Tweek

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 06:51:37 AM

Another idea we could do to promote Dopecoin might be to take a page out of Namecoin's book(They offer .bit domain names that aren't on traditional DNS servers if memory serves) We could do .dope domain names. People being able to spend Dopecoin on domain names without having to convert to USD or other currency would mean the coin has even more value, not to mention a potentially more anonymous internet maybe since you might not have to register with traditional services(not sure if this is the case so don't quote me, but if the DNS servers were outside of the US somewhere they don't have Jurisdiction, it seems like it would mostly be true). I think it could potentially be a neat addition to the Dopecoin infrastructure, and possibly even drive some more value to it. Not sure how this would be done, but I just thought it'd be nice to be able to add one more thing you can buy to the list of Dope products!~ :O Feel free to correct any errors I've made in these statements as I'm not exactly privy on this particular topic.
Although I like the idea how Namecoin did it very much, I don't think this is something that fits the marketing strategy of Dopecoin very much. You shouldn't make a coin that is just a copycat of 1001 others, your coin needs it's own identity. If it doesn't have it's own identity no one will use it, they can just use the others. Besides that, building a domain name service like nmc has it not something you easily do. It takes ages of development work which is better spent, as mentioned before, on creating dope's own identity.

The identity dope will be getting is the coin for dark (drug) markets. To get that far dope will need it's anonymity features, which also take a great deal of development. So it is, in my humble opinion, a lot better to focus on building that first and getting accepted (and becoming the coin of choice) on some of the better known deep markets like Silk Road 2.

Detedagowa

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:31:02 AM

Although I like the idea how Namecoin did it very much, I don't think this is something that fits the marketing strategy of Dopecoin very much. You shouldn't make a coin that is just a copycat of 1001 others, your coin needs it's own identity. If it doesn't have it's own identity no one will use it, they can just use the others. Besides that, building a domain name service like nmc has it not something you easily do. It takes ages of development work which is better spent, as mentioned before, on creating dope's own identity.

The identity dope will be getting is the coin for dark (drug) markets. To get that far dope will need it's anonymity features, which also take a great deal of development. So it is, in my humble opinion, a lot better to focus on building that first and getting accepted (and becoming the coin of choice) on some of the better known deep markets like Silk Road 2.

What happens when weed is legal? Pretty sure it takes up a majority of illegal drug trade profits. Also its recently been ruled if memory serves banks can now work with dispensaries. Not to mention there are now pot vending machines that accept bitcoin.  So I think painting yourself into such a narrow niche market could end up backfiring on investors long term causing them to shy away. Also the open source nature of Cryptocurrency is such that two or more coins can have almost the exact same features so long as they offer something unique. To top that off I don't think it's up to any one person or entity what the identity of something so decentralized in nature is, it's moreso up to the community. Also the decentralized nature has other advantages you can have multiple teams of developers working on multiple aspects. In the long run it seems a diverse market would be a good idea for many reasons.  Overall it was more of a suggestion than anything thanks for the input even though your opinion differs it's still very valid, and always welcome. Oh btw just a side thought, not sure but having a private DNS server outside of the jurisdiction of people who can punish you would potentially add to anonymity, not sure if it's possible but that + something like tor sounds kickass. ^.^
Tweek

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 09:11:27 AM

What happens when weed is legal? Pretty sure it takes up a majority of illegal drug trade profits. Also its recently been ruled if memory serves banks can now work with dispensaries. Not to mention there are now pot vending machines that accept bitcoin.  So I think painting yourself into such a narrow niche market could end up backfiring on investors long term causing them to shy away.

Also the open source nature of Cryptocurrency is such that two or more coins can have almost the exact same features so long as they offer something unique. To top that off I don't think it's up to any one person or entity what the identity of something so decentralized in nature is, it's moreso up to the community. Also the decentralized nature has other advantages you can have multiple teams of developers working on multiple aspects. In the long run it seems a diverse market would be a good idea for many reasons.  

Overall it was more of a suggestion than anything thanks for the input even though your opinion differs it's still very valid, and always welcome. Oh btw just a side thought, not sure but having a private DNS server outside of the jurisdiction of people who can punish you would potentially add to anonymity, not sure if it's possible but that + something like tor sounds kickass. ^.^
Even if weed becomes legal there will still be a black market for it. If you look here in The Netherlands we have 'legalized' weed but I can still buy it on every corner of the street from a shady guy in a dark alley. Besides that the name dope suggests buying drugs with it, especially since the logo is a leaf, but it can be used for everything on the black markets once it has anonymity features. Those kinds of hidden markets will never disappear as long as there are humans on this planet (or any other planet) so you don't have to worry about your target audience getting too small.
While I agree that you can't force people to use your currency for only 1 thing (which I don't want/am suggesting) but you have to agree that most of the altcoins are made with a certain goal in mind steering the use of the coin in that direction. If they didn't what would make people use the coin over bitcoin/altcoin nr 5013? If just throw something out of the wild without telling people what they can do with it they lose interest and find something easier. People have a need to be guided, they are lazy and usually don't go through great lengths to think for themselves. If you don't tell them this is coin X and it can be used to do Y and Z it is too much effort to find it out.

I strongly feel that a coin doesn't need investors (who has shares in currency anyways? Anyone here has 'invested' in USD or Euro?) but users. If it is called money it needs to be spent. Spending creates a stable market, investors just fluctuate prices which scares people away.

Tor network already offers a great deal of anonymity and although I am not completely sure how they work with domain names, I think a namecoin like system has little to offer over it as for as anonymity goes. It probably already works in a similar way. I am not trying to say it is a bad idea, but I think the positive side of it doesn't outweigh the development costs (at this moment). Even the dopecoin developers have to get paid and fed. Wink

Detedagowa

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:17:31 AM

Even if weed becomes legal there will still be a black market for it. If you look here in The Netherlands we have 'legalized' weed but I can still buy it on every corner of the street from a shady guy in a dark alley. Besides that the name dope suggests buying drugs with it, especially since the logo is a leaf, but it can be used for everything on the black markets once it has anonymity features. Those kinds of hidden markets will never disappear as long as there are humans on this planet (or any other planet) so you don't have to worry about your target audience getting too small.
While I agree that you can't force people to use your currency for only 1 thing (which I don't want/am suggesting) but you have to agree that most of the altcoins are made with a certain goal in mind steering the use of the coin in that direction. If they didn't what would make people use the coin over bitcoin/altcoin nr 5013? If just throw something out of the wild without telling people what they can do with it they lose interest and find something easier. People have a need to be guided, they are lazy and usually don't go through great lengths to think for themselves. If you don't tell them this is coin X and it can be used to do Y and Z it is too much effort to find it out.

I strongly feel that a coin doesn't need investors (who has shares in currency anyways? Anyone here has 'invested' in USD or Euro?) but users. If it is called money it needs to be spent. Spending creates a stable market, investors just fluctuate prices which scares people away.

Tor network already offers a great deal of anonymity and although I am not completely sure how they work with domain names, I think a namecoin like system has little to offer over it as for as anonymity goes. It probably already works in a similar way. I am not trying to say it is a bad idea, but I think the positive side of it doesn't outweigh the development costs (at this moment). Even the dopecoin developers have to get paid and fed. Wink

Essentially you're not wrong, I mean there will most likely be age restrictions on weed in the USA like 21+ and I honestly think even with alcohol it should be 18+ if you're old enough to have the responsibilities of a 21 year old, you're old enough to have the privileges in my opinion(there already is age restriction in states where it's legal). Dope in the English language can mean many many things some examples from Google can be found by searching define:dope. My favorite is 'very good."that suit is dope!" ' Tongue. It doesn't have to be drug related although among older generations that's generally what it means.

While I agree the decent altcoins(as few as there seem to be these days) that come out usually offer something Bitcoin does not or a unique way of doing things other altcoins don't have, it seems most altcoins aren't made with any other intention of being a get rich quick scheme for the creators. Dopecoin has a purpose, and a noble one at that, protecting people from bullshit laws that destroy lives for victimless "crimes". By investors I meant more like early adopters buying in on some Dopecoin to help drive up prices/increase it's adoption rate.

Yes you need to have people spending more than holding, however at least early on there will most likely be a decent amount of people holding huge amounts eventually(if there aren't already), in hopes of a repeat of how people got rich off of Bitcoin. If they feel it's too unstable or that the market it serves could collapse due to law changes you might have a problem getting more people on board(Keep in mind it doesn't have to be true, there just has to be rumors, and widespread public perception that it's true, Bitcoin's price goes up and down more with media stories than it does with Bitcoin updates if people see weed is legal all of a sudden, and like you said it has a pot leaf on it, they might no longer think they need it/not adopt it as much/use other Cryptos like Bitcoin).

It's mostly for this reason I think that it can, and should have many uses with that one being a main feature due to the anonymity of course. I guess however just about anyone with the know how could make a service like that, and have it accept Dopecoin though, so it doesn't have to be a priority of the main devs. I cannot predict the future, nor am I qualified to say that this is fact(nobody is at this point xD that's the most exciting part), just saying it's a possibility. In terms of "shares of currency" I'd say each coin you have is a share maybe not in the traditional sense like stocks, but in some kind of sense you have a vested interest in it's success thus you are invested in it whether it be investing time/money/other resources you have a stake in it's success. Tor has some flaws too though and isn't 100% fool proof(like trying downloading torrents on Tor, not always so anonymous).

I'm kind of interested to see the Bitcoin foundation, and Kim Dotcom's(they're working on different projects last I heard just mentioned to prevent confusion) attempts to decentralize the internet, and get rid of the surveillance state. In terms of spending Namecoin? Probably not so anonymous, but they probably have more anonymous domain names than say a .com/.net/.org or other traditional domains that are on regular DNS, and can easily be seized by governments. In terms of implementing such features/services, I'm sure there are mannny more things that take priority over it namely for one the anonymity feature as it is key to the success of this coin's intended goal, and it seems to be one of it's main selling points over pretty much all other coins. All in all no matter what happens I'm more or less just spitballing ideas, and hoping this coin ends up successful. Cheers Mate!~ Tongue
dopecoindude
Legendary

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 10:16:55 PM

What happens when weed is legal? Pretty sure it takes up a majority of illegal drug trade profits. Also its recently been ruled if memory serves banks can now work with dispensaries. Not to mention there are now pot vending machines that accept bitcoin.  So I think painting yourself into such a narrow niche market could end up backfiring on investors long term causing them to shy away.

The way I see it is the legal marketplace will be sucked up by the the illegal marketplace by default. The illegal is bigger then the legal.  Why would anyone choose PotCoin over DopeCoin if you can use DopeCoin for anything vs. just using PotCoin for pot ? it wouldn't make sense.

ouchmefoot

Activity: 198

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:47:46 PM

Don't know if anyone can help me.

I downloaded the latest wallet and copied my wallet.dat across from the old wallet.

I updated great until it got to block 89979 where it stops and just sits there showing '0 hours behind'

I've tried it several times  including deleting everything except wallet.dat but I get the same result. If I leave it about 3 hours it appears to sync but on close inspection it is still on block 89979, about 300 blocks short.

Any advice?

PostCoin:PYrnF6rLzvERtS73rRc76fpP4QCKP2WJS4
ouchmefoot

Activity: 198

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:54:51 AM

On closer inspection it is always exactly 2764 blocks behind the current block but then it just stops.

I've tried it without my wallet.dat but the same thing happens. Weird!

PostCoin:PYrnF6rLzvERtS73rRc76fpP4QCKP2WJS4
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:57:28 AM

Don't know if anyone can help me.

I downloaded the latest wallet and copied my wallet.dat across from the old wallet.

I updated great until it got to block 89979 where it stops and just sits there showing '0 hours behind'

I've tried it several times  including deleting everything except wallet.dat but I get the same result. If I leave it about 3 hours it appears to sync but on close inspection it is still on block 89979, about 300 blocks short.

Any advice?

backup wallet.dat, delete everything in the applications data folder for dopecoin, restart client and wait for a full sync, repaste backed up wallet.dat into applications data folder.  Beyond that, who knows..
omahapoker

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:59:35 AM

whats the lastest on DOPE? kinda been slow here
dopecoindude
Legendary

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 01:23:12 AM

whats the lastest on DOPE? kinda been slow here

It is still very Dope nah everything is on track!

Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 473 »
  Print  

Jump to: