Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:09:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ?  (Read 49609 times)
Cactusizer

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:35:07 AM

I use MultiBTCit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:49:07 AM

Don't use blockchain.info wallet IMO

Yesterday I found someone is in possession of my private key from my address that I have @ blockchain.info
And he is a blockchain.info wallet user too... as last transaction make by someone using my address were done by blockchain.info nod - rest of them from nod IP 0.0.0.0 ...

and blockchain.info write me back :
"I am sorry to hear of these transactions that you did not initiate. I would also highly advise against ever using this compromised wallet again, as someone else clearly has the private keys in it. Changing your password & adding 2FA won't matter if the user has control of the private keys for that address. You need to never use that address or other addresses in that wallet again, set up a new wallet with new passwords & addresses, and enable Google Authenticator with that."

So they do not feel the problem - just I need to never use my address again ... not nice and not good.
And how come it is even possible that someone have got my private keys?
Crazy.

And is funny - I had only one address @ blockchain.info

Another address with same private key that someone else have was added to my wallet without me. I didn't knew till yesterday that I have another address there and my android blockchain wallet was showing only ballance from 1 address. CRAZY
This is quite horrible tbh, and one of the reasons I don't use block chain.
Go MultiBTCit!

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
activebiz

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:35:55 AM

I use blockchain because its the safest online wallet

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 11:41:05 AM

I use blockchain because its the safest online wallet

Are you serious?
Did you read what happend to me yesterday?

Someone have got same private key as I have @ blockchain.info wallet.

And when he recieve money I can transfer them to my another address. This is safe you say?
tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:52:46 AM

I use qt. I don't trust online wallets at all.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
jadescorpio

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:56:16 AM

A lot of Bitcoin clients and their descriptions at one place. It's a very useful thread!
rero2

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:57:47 AM

blockchain because it is the one of the best out there and I dont need to sync everyday
apsvinet

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:21:18 PM

blockchain because it is the one of the best out there and I dont need to sync everyday
You don't need to sync everyday with multibit. Maybe when you start it up but that takes about 5-7 seconds for me.

tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:50:01 PM

You don't need to sync everyday with multibit. Maybe when you start it up but that takes about 5-7 seconds for me.

Yes, but it is nice to contribute to the network also.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:20:46 PM

Yesterday I found someone is in possession of my private key from my address that I have @ blockchain.info
And he is a blockchain.info wallet user too... as last transaction make by someone using my address were done by blockchain.info nod - rest of them from nod IP 0.0.0.0 ...

"I am sorry to hear of these transactions that you did not initiate. I would also highly advise against ever using this compromised wallet again, as someone else clearly has the private keys in it. Changing your password & adding 2FA won't matter if the user has control of the private keys for that address. You need to never use that address or other addresses in that wallet again, set up a new wallet with new passwords & addresses, and enable Google Authenticator with that."

So they do not feel the problem - just I need to never use my address again ... not nice and not good.
Crazy.

Another address with same private key that someone else have was added to my wallet without me. I didn't knew till yesterday that I have another address there and my android blockchain wallet was showing only ballance from 1 address. CRAZY

Does the address have both other receipts and other spends that aren't yours?

If so, then it sounds like Blockchain isn't randomizing their keys well enough, and generated the same key for someone else. The possibility here should give pause to anyone using Blockchain wallets.

My recommendation: get another wallet, Mycelium if you want to be mobile, Electrum or Multibit if you don't want to deal with the entire block chain. Move all your coins to it (leaving this other person their coins,) then once that confirms, destroy your Blockchain wallet and never look back.

Also: if you suspect your computer is compromised, use a different computer/device for your new wallet.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
5thStreetResearch

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 05:24:54 PM

Bitcoin QT on laptop, coinbase for online wallet

apsvinet

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:43:38 PM

Crazy.

Does the address have both other receipts and other spends that aren't yours?

If so, then it sounds like Blockchain isn't randomizing their keys well enough, and generated the same key for someone else. The possibility here should give pause to anyone using Blockchain wallets.

My recommendation: get another wallet, Mycelium if you want to be mobile, Electrum or Multibit if you don't want to deal with the entire block chain. Move all your coins to it (leaving this other person their coins,) then once that confirms, destroy your Blockchain wallet and never look back.

Also: if you suspect your computer is compromised, use a different computer/device for your new wallet.

Last part is very important. Make sure to check your computer regularly
for viruses and whatnot, use common sense when downloading / browsing etc.

predic

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:38:31 PM

I use electrum so I don't need to download blockchain. but it is personal preference, it is not soooo much important, armory is good too.

debit cards websites are companies registered in London by Lithuanians who demand from you your phone, ID and utility bill, that's enough for them to make offshore companies on your name without your knowledge and they can get a bank account and make financial crimes on your name, or they can simply sell IDs. don't give to anyone too much info.
why they need more than your ID when your local bank demands only ID?
don't use coinbase, they are NSA spying shit, they make database of people that use bitcoins.
apsvinet

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:47:48 PM

I use electrum so I don't need to download blockchain. but it is personal preference, it is not soooo much important, armory is good too.
Isn't every suggestion in here just personal preferences? Smiley
Electrum is nice though.

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 05:15:49 PM

No matter what client you will choose

Make sure IT IS NOT ONLINE wallet Smiley
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:42:16 PM

im just wondering,
making a malware  capable of attacking different types of wallets all in one program/script is a harder thing to achieve. compared to simply ask people what program they use, and then later try phish/spam linking specific programs/scripts tailored to a user, based on answers given.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 05:46:15 PM

Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ? If you use web wallets, please do mention which one is your choice and why ?
On my pc the Bitcoin Core, because I want to and can run a full node.
On my cellphone Electrum, because asfar as I know it's the best one available atm and on my tablet Electrum again, because Im lazy Tongue

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 05:51:26 PM

Bitcoin Qt 0.9.0

Best one.

And Bitcoin Wallet - android

Second best one :]
TTM

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:11:54 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 06:29:57 PM by TTM

No matter what client you will choose

Make sure IT IS NOT ONLINE wallet Smiley

Online wallet is the trend. Bitcoin will never go mainstream without convenient service that help Average Joe doing transaction easily. Our Joe doesn't know anything about public keys, private keys, wallet backup, wallet encryption. Paypal is success because it make people access fiat easily.

In the case of people lost their private key, I'm sure it's not Blockchain got hacked. Probably some bad guys got access to victim's email or victim's computer was compromised with trojan/keylogger.

Blockchain.info online wallet is more secure than Coinbase because they allow people to export private keys. Coinbase doesn't have that feature as far as i know.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:18:35 PM

Coinbase is kind of like "AOL of Bitcoin"... easy to use for the masses...eventually people will learn about private keys, etc
just as people today know a lot more about the Internet than 10 years ago.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: