Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:18:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ?  (Read 49608 times)
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:19:57 PM

Bitcoin-qt!

Is there another wallet?

Space for rent if its still trending

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:28:19 PM

Bitcoin-qt!

Is there another wallet?
Lol, there are a lot of other wallets. Ever used google? Cheesy

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
serje
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:30:46 PM

Bitcoin-qt!

Is there another wallet?

Some guys in Spain were making Ferrari and Lambos and they were selling them fro just 20.000-30.000 euro!

Would you buy one?

Here you have the link to the story!
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/14/fake-ferrari-aston-martin-busted-spain-video/

apsvinet

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:31:26 PM

Bitcoin-qt!

Is there another wallet?

Some guys in Spain were making Ferrari and Lambos and they were selling them fro just 20.000-30.000 euro!

Would you buy one?
Implying the official client is the best one? Explain why it's the least mentioned in the whole thread?

serje
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:33:01 PM

Bitcoin-qt!

Is there another wallet?

Would you buy one?
Implying the official client is the best one? Explain why it's the least mentioned in the whole thread?

Because people like to get goxxed! and Then start crying!

Who got goxxed for using qt client?

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/14/fake-ferrari-aston-martin-busted-spain-video/

apsvinet

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:34:16 PM

Bitcoin-qt!

Is there another wallet?

Would you buy one?

I'm not referring to online "wallets", gox has nothing to do with programs like Multibit.
You're not gonna lose your money unless you're a complete idiot. You're not making a
good case at the moment.

serje
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:36:31 PM

Bitcoin-qt!

Is there another wallet?

Would you buy one?

I'm not referring to online "wallets", gox has nothing to do with programs like Multibit.
You're not gonna lose your money unless you're a complete idiot. You're not making a
good case at the moment.

I'm just paranoid!
How I can trust mutibit that he isn't sending my private keys and my wallet password to some shady server!

One thing I've learned! It's easier to prevent something then fight it!

So I just like to be extra safe Smiley

apsvinet

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:37:32 PM

Bitcoin-qt!

Is there another wallet?

Would you buy one?

good case at the moment.

I'm just paranoid!
How I can trust mutibit that he isn't sending my private keys and my wallet password to some shady server!

One thing I've learned! It's easier to prevent something then fight it!

So I just like to be extra safe Smiley
I don't see how that would even happen, lol. But yeah I guess arguably the official client is the
'safest'. Altho in my opinion there's really no risk if you don't store your coins on websites.

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:31:40 PM

I'd recommend bitcoin qt also but yea do play it safe and make sure your coins stay in your control. 
apsvinet

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:04:08 AM

I'd recommend bitcoin qt also but yea do play it safe and make sure your coins stay in your control. 
Bitcoin QT is the official and safest client but far from the easiest to use.
Multibit is simple, safe, has a good interface and syncs extremely fast.

serje
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:14:46 AM

Bitcoin QT is the official and safest client but far from the easiest to use.
Multibit is simple, safe, has a good interface and syncs extremely fast.

I don't know why but I have a urge to have the blockchain on my computer!

especially after they added this feature!

Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:47:11 AM

Coinbase is kind of like "AOL of Bitcoin"... easy to use for the masses...eventually people will learn about private keys, etc
just as people today know a lot more about the Internet than 10 years ago.

A bit off-topic (OK, way off-topic) but I'm not sure if that is true. The Internet is way more accessible nowadays because it's everywhere and more companies have entered the market compared to back in the nineties when it was just AOL. Most people still have no idea what really goes behind the scenes when they use Facebook or Google or watch a YouTube video. Most people have no idea what CSS is, or what PHP is, or HTTPS, or TCP/IP, etc.

As for what wallet/client I use, well I've been using Electrum for a while now and just recently started getting into Blockchain.info. I'm still figuring out how it all works so I don't have any coins there yet.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:02:15 PM

Coinbase is kind of like "AOL of Bitcoin"... easy to use for the masses...eventually people will learn about private keys, etc
just as people today know a lot more about the Internet than 10 years ago.

A bit off-topic (OK, way off-topic) but I'm not sure if that is true. The Internet is way more accessible nowadays because it's everywhere and more companies have entered the market compared to back in the nineties when it was just AOL. Most people still have no idea what really goes behind the scenes when they use Facebook or Google or watch a YouTube video. Most people have no idea what CSS is, or what PHP is, or HTTPS, or TCP/IP, etc.

I see some relevance. If anything, that suggests that the path toward greater adoption of Bitcoin isn't simply a better wallet (i.e., a better AOL,) but rather ubiquitous access to the currency. ATMs, more businesses accepting it, the ability to regularly have a portion of your income converted to it, and having the tech integrated into products and services in ways we find hard to envision now. I'd imagine a greater emphasis on keys could be a part of that though.

That's partly why I like Mycelium: handling, creating, importing, and exporting keys is quick and easy, as is the backup process.

(And coming soon to it... a Local Trader feature! If you've got an Android phone, you might want to use this wallet just for that feature alone.)

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:08:29 PM

Blockchain.info. I got hacked a while back when I used the simple bitcoin wallet. Lost about 170$ worth at today's exchange rate. Decided that blockchain was the best option as it's much more difficult for someone to steal my funds and it's a lot easier overall. If i ever seriously invest, a cold storage paper wallet via Armory is what i'll be using.

Is blockchain.info releiable for large funds too ?

Yes blockchain.info is reliable for large funds too.   A few of my friends have a couple hundred btc on their blockchain wallets
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:29:02 PM

Blockchain.info. I got hacked a while back when I used the simple bitcoin wallet. Lost about 170$ worth at today's exchange rate. Decided that blockchain was the best option as it's much more difficult for someone to steal my funds and it's a lot easier overall. If i ever seriously invest, a cold storage paper wallet via Armory is what i'll be using.

Is blockchain.info releiable for large funds too ?

Yes blockchain.info is reliable for large funds too.   A few of my friends have a couple hundred btc on their blockchain wallets

Not trying to sound harsh here, but just because something seems currently reliable doesn't mean it actually is, or that it can't change without warning.

Unless they spend and receive dozens of bitcoins daily, no one needs to keep that much tied to one online service (and really, I'd question it even then.) Maybe if they have several other wallets, including paper, with just as much in them, but otherwise that's an incredible risk.

If they have no other balanced wallets, I would strongly recommend suggesting to your friends that they diversify into a couple of other wallets too, including a cold storage (likely paper) wallet, with plenty of backups of each, all secured. They will most likely thank you for it later.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:36:05 PM

I think its not about blockchain.info and bitcoin-QT. Its about web wallet and local ones. Ideally web wallets are not recommended. But with the increasing popularity and wider usage of Bitoin, more virus and malware will be created to affect machines and take away coins from local wallets. So for an average person, it is probably safer to use a web wallet, keeping in mind that the wallet service provider may rob the coins too.

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:31:35 PM

Started using QT and don't feel the need to switch. It has all the functions I require.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:04:01 PM

I think its not about blockchain.info and bitcoin-QT. Its about web wallet and local ones. Ideally web wallets are not recommended. But with the increasing popularity and wider usage of Bitoin, more virus and malware will be created to affect machines and take away coins from local wallets. So for an average person, it is probably safer to use a web wallet, keeping in mind that the wallet service provider may rob the coins too.

That may be true, but there's still another factor to consider.

If you have $15,000 in cash, your only options aren't to either keep it in your pocket or let someone store it in a bank in Romania. You can also take $12,000 of it and store it in your underground safe at home.

With bitcoin, the underground home safe is called an offline wallet. Done properly, it CANNOT be hacked; the ultimate in digital safety. Even if done in a less-than-perfect manner, your chances of getting hacked or defrauded are still greatly reduced. Add that you can create backup copies and even split the keys if you want (like with Mycelium's encrypted backup that also has a passcode,) it's a no-brainer.

Again, if someone only has $200 or so in Bitcoin, I understand them not wanting to go through the hassle. But for large amounts, not taking the time to secure your funds with an offline wallet is just lazy, and won't end well.

New users need to understand this!

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 03:29:55 PM

Started using QT and don't feel the need to switch. It has all the functions I require.

Because Qt is best wallet you can choose - and perhaps most secure - as security depend only on you! Smiley
stash

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

btcmy.net

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:18:36 PM

Bitcoin core 0.9.0. That's it!

Tehtarik Fund : 1KxyB3iauJzLvDnZuchekGkB2D7p4UMvuq
BTCitcoin : Mathematical Logic to Eliminate Human Greed
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: