Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:26:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 [627] 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509634 times)
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:12:22 AM

Hey all. Admin from AllCrypt here. We added BC earlier today due to an outcry of support in the Trollbox.

They also said something interesting.

That for reasons I'm not sure of... people are chomping at the bit to get BC be added as a trading PAIR on exchanges. POT/BC and SLR/BC etc...

Most (all?) coins aren't worth that work. No one asks for trading pairs for these other altcoins.

Why's BC different? Is that something that would be wanted? Is it something that would be supported and used?

AllCrypt was built to be entirely modular. Adding BC as a trading pair would take literally one line of code. (We thought ahead)

But I also don't want to open Pandoras box of all the other coins asking for it, then suddenly there are literally 12,321 markets on AllCrypt as every coin is a possible pair, thus making the site worthless.

But we're also absolutely all about innovation. WE pioneered coin voting. WE are pioneering user configurable cold storage wallets (Hoping to launch that tomorrow or monday).

We'd love to pioneer another amazing change to the crypto Exchange landscape.

But it has to be for the right reason and I have to be convinced it'd work.

Lay it on me.

Well, having witnessed crypto for years now, and as a firm believer in crypto (and BC) I believe the most dominant reason is to decouple major alts from Bitcoin.    The BC community knows that its onto something special here.   The faster Blackcoin can develop its own core value ouside of the Shadow of Bitcoin the better.   Blackcoin has already proven to be one of the only (only?) alts that has found a way to increase in value consistently through this last BTC price slump.   The 'decoupling' is already starting to happen.  But without BC alt trading pairs and BC to USD coins like this are being held back.

As a way to protect yourself and your time establish some type of process.  Just asking for BTC is kind of tacky.  Or you can just make it a arbitrary 'market decision'.

All crypto wealth being forced to flow through BTC in all directions is outdated.    Blaze the new trail! Wink

CatKiwi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:13:57 AM

Another 3BTC bought between 7900 and 7780 today - cheers lads!
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:18:10 AM

Hey all. Admin from AllCrypt here. We added BC earlier today due to an outcry of support in the Trollbox.

That for reasons I'm not sure of... people are chomping at the bit to get BC be added as a trading PAIR on exchanges. POT/BC and SLR/BC etc...

Most (all?) coins aren't worth that work. No one asks for trading pairs for these other altcoins.

Why's BC different? Is that something that would be wanted? Is it something that would be supported and used?

AllCrypt was built to be entirely modular. Adding BC as a trading pair would take literally one line of code. (We thought ahead)

But I also don't want to open Pandoras box of all the other coins asking for it, then suddenly there are literally 12,321 markets on AllCrypt as every coin is a possible pair, thus making the site worthless.

But we're also absolutely all about innovation. WE pioneered coin voting. WE are pioneering user configurable cold storage wallets (Hoping to launch that tomorrow or monday).

Lay it on me.

wow. pretty impressive. at the moment i am a big supporter of mintpal but this would make me switch over to you guys.

Is the market big enough for a bc/alt exchange?
Blackcoin has been trading in the top 10 markets if not the top 5 and even top 3 consistently over the last 4 weeks. That's a huge market, even with a relatively small market cap. Early adapters and early exchanges of Blackcoin would be well positioned to grab a peice of that pie.

I think it could be really big if blackcoin is grown the right way. This could be a big step in the right direction.

To be honest I am not sure if the Mintpal monopoly on Blackcoin can be broken. They don't do anything wrong, have a good layout and have very good uptime. There has to be a good reason to buy/sell blackcoin on another site. Even cryptsy with its huge volume can't take much volume away regarding blackcoin from mintpal.

gonzoucab

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:19:30 AM

Mintcoin just forked...

How and what exactly happened there? Cannot find any technical explanation in their thread.

Just had a hardfork to go to PoS only, nothing more. Will take some time for everyone to switch.
Don't start FUD.

Wasn't my intention Smiley So everything is as planned, good luck to them!

I was curious too. I don't post there to ask as they'd probably look at my history and think I was trolling. I didn't want to ask here because I didn't want to come across like I was spreading FUD. I do have some Mintcoin too (minimal amount now, but still) and didn't know what forking was (a quick google search helped), but I wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing myself since it's a new term to me, haha.

Forking is the same thing that happened to BlackCoin on march 23. its software, they find something to repair, repair it and forked.
Nothing extrange in cryptos.
darcius

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:21:45 AM

Looks like someone just bought a ton of votes for Mint with a BTC donation. They surged from 3.5k votes to 11.5k votes in almost an instant.
Jherek

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:23:21 AM

Lay it on me.

One reason why people would want it is to get rid of binding it to Bitcoin and all the FUD and attacks from the fiat-world Bitcoin had faced, also the troubles around Mt.Gox and the bearish market. So having BC paired is only one step to have Blackcoin->Fiat possibilities.
Blackcoin has actually a few advantages over Bitcoin. One is the Proof of Stake what makes the coin more secure, than pure Proof of Work. PoW can be attacked for instance by 51% hashpower. Now with Bitcoin's difficulty, that is not an easy thing to do or even close to happen, but on the other hand, Bitcoin is getting more and more centralized by the mining industry and the bigger the ASIC farms grow, the closer each of them comes to get significant influence on the network. To attack PoS with 51%, one had to get hand on 51% of all the coins. That is much less likely to happen because all coins are in circulation and 1% inflation is really low. Therefore, pure PoS is more secure than PoW or PoW/PoS hybrids. Taken the community into account and the support Blackcoin gets, it has the most potential of all PoS coins so far.
And to complete the circle and bring it back to the first point, Blackcoin might be a good base for people to trade their coins from and back into. PoS provides security, that doesn't depend on mining power and the multipool(s) add stability to the price together with the low inflation. And while Bitcoin recently suffered from the attacks, doubt and bears, Blackcoin maintains a rather stable floor.
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:26:37 AM

Taken with Webpage Screenshot

Blackcoin NR1 !

In the lead with 7221 now.  Cheesy

Looks like someone just bought a ton of votes for Mint with a BTC donation. They surged from 3.5k votes to 11.5k votes in almost an instant.

hahah someone dumped a ton of btc to get mintpal to the top.

machinez

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:31:15 AM

Lay it on me.

I have to be honest: There has been a question for a BC Centric Exchange. You could surely test it, i think some of us would really love it! Plus we have a good reason to market you Wink

yup, BC exchange would be awesome. Imagine the traffic/volume your site will get.

heartthew

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:46:32 AM

Lay it on me.

I know WE would want it because it eliminates the BTC step of our multipool trading process; I know I personally want it because I like your site even more than MintPal, my previous favorite - I think YOU might (should?) want it because we have a huge community, continued innovation, growing popularity, steady price increase, no miners dumping, and an EXCELLENT shot at unseating Litecoin and Doge for the #2 spot THIS YEAR. Volume will JUMP!

Being a pioneer will help to secure AllCrypt in the top tier of exchanges, where it surely deserves to be (once the volume is there, of course).

More growth for all of us...

Thanks for considering it!
CryptoSteam

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 02:56:06 AM

Did mintpal have a fork of their own? See this recent 6 hour chart: https://i.imgur.com/qqSVoEq.jpg

Interesting.
lcmines

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:00:41 AM

Lay it on me.

Yes! Please Do.

You would be my hero if you were to then add a auto-sell feature allowing me to direct the coins received from payments made via coinpayments over to be traded for BC without me having to do so manually.

Please-o-Please make that happen  Grin Grin Grin
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 03:03:39 AM

Another 3BTC bought between 7900 and 7780 today - cheers lads!

I'm still holding at 8300  Undecided

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
Soepkip

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:16:04 AM

Lay it on me.

Yes! Please Do.

You would be my hero if you were to then add a auto-sell feature allowing me to direct the coins received from payments made via coinpayments over to be traded for BC without me having to do so manually.

Just talked to the multipool boys, they'd be happy to move their business if those pairs got some liquidity!

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
allcrypt

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 03:23:24 AM

Might just turn that switch on. I've been asked by other coins, but NO other coin has a 650 page thread. That alone is proof of a massive adoption and community.

AllCrypt is young. Just 5 weeks old. Our daily volume hovers around 10-15 BTC lately. We are the sole sponsor of the CryptoCurrency Convention (www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com) in NYC on April 9th and will be there promoting the site to the attendees and the press.

Doing "what everyone else does because it is safe and is proven to work" has never made progress or advancements, ever. We pioneered coin voting. Now, everyone does it. EVERYONE has copied our model.

Maybe it's time to pioneer again.

Stay tuned. I might just do something crazy tonight.

AllCrypt.com - Your new CryptoCurrency Exchange Now Open! www.AllCrypt.com
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 03:26:57 AM

Might just turn that switch on. I've been asked by other coins, but NO other coin has a 650 page thread. That alone is proof of a massive adoption and community.

AllCrypt is young. Just 5 weeks old. Our daily volume hovers around 10-15 BTC lately. We are the sole sponsor of the CryptoCurrency Convention (www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com) in NYC on April 9th and will be there promoting the site to the attendees and the press.

Doing "what everyone else does because it is safe and is proven to work" has never made progress or advancements, ever. We pioneered coin voting. Now, everyone does it. EVERYONE has copied our model.

I like where this is going!  Cheesy

I was about to type approaching huge wall at 8120 and 8200 but I guess pulled!  Wink

20 BTC Wall at 8300 now!

Ximp

Activity: 336

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:29:06 AM

I'll definitely start trading over there if that happens Smiley Good luck!
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:34:22 AM

Lay it on me.

Yes! Please Do.

Just talked to the multipool boys, they'd be happy to move their business if those pairs got some liquidity!

This could help make the multipool more profitable. No more alt => btc => bc, just straight alt => bc. would cut down on transaction fees.
machinez

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:34:31 AM

the multipool will double/triple your daily BTC volume easily.
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 03:43:15 AM

This payout is from at least 12 hours back. You have not been paid for the past 24 hours, but the 24 hours BEFORE the run that started 12 hours ago. Adjust your expectations.

If you think your payouts are low:
- We switched pool / IP to new version -> Check your fail-over!
- The payout is from a while back due to Cryptsy failing
- Check the current profitablity from Wafflepool - We beat that.
- The price roose to 9500 and back to 8500. We buy all day long, might have been some high buys. (We try to prevent this as much as possible)
- Check your failovers, check your rigs, and check your WU. Don't expect your 3.5 MH/s rig to do 3.5 MH/s. It does 3.2 at best if you look at WU.

Also, check last days Wafflepool. We are still way better then that.

Blackcoin need a more aggressive campaign in multipool, we have to create a Blackhole week.

I think we should adopt this campaign immediately, but payment of miners would happen on a certain day of the week, eg. Friday.

Thus the multipool would be buying a 100-200 BTC, in one fell swoop, all in one day, it would provide an exponential increase in price, and benefit to all miners and also the holders.

The campaign could have freebies to whoever brings over 100Mhs Scrypt, etc. ..

I suggest we consider this possibility ....

I have 9Mhs Scrypt in Blackcoinpool, and would not mind getting my payment 1 time this week, if it were to benefit everyone.

Buying on an announced date in 1 swoop means the price will skyrocket before it. Then all the miners will be complaining again.

Anyways - Approaching 20 BTC Wall at 8300 sats - Start playing the Pacific Rim soundtrack.  Cheesy

bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:47:25 AM

just put 10 grand into cavirtex if that wall is still there on monday im gonna buy it

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 [627] 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: