Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:59:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509687 times)
Chiggins

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:50:01 AM

Warning regarding Iconic's misguided "Wall Street" plan:
The investment industry sees this type of thing he's planning (ie- hiring pretty, but likely clueless, women who really don't know what the hell they're peddling) as very gimmicky and very juvenile.
The investment industry in reality these days is not "Wolf of Wall Street" and is boring and cares only about two things: returns and playing by the SEC's rules. Investment professionals do due diligence using these simple 1-pagers (http://www.harborfunds.com/docs/international_fund_fact_sheet.pdf and this thing called a prospectus http://hosted.rightprospectus.com/HarborFunds/Fund.aspx?dt=SP&ts=HIINX.
SecondMarket realizes this and will have their public Bitcoin ETF up and running later this year after convincing investors and the SEC that Bitcoin not some gigantic, scammy, ponzi-scheme.
Secondmarket knows that the best way to legitimize Bitcoin for the general investment world is to get the regulators to okay it first and then market it as a returns-achieving security that is safe to hold in a high-risk portfolio.
With Iconic's plan you'll likely get another pump, followed by another dump, and overall nothing will have been achieved.

A better plan would be to send those donated BC's to the Blackcoin development team, with the intention of them starting Blackcoin on the path of ETF-creation or a BlackCoinPool Mining Investment Fund. This would be a huge endeavor and would require many expensive securities lawyers and potentially years of work and patience, however it would help the coin in the long-term versus Iconic's plan.
Hell, I would bet every Blackcoin I own that if the Blackcoin Developers made a simple news release that they were going to hire a securities law-firm to help them start on this long process of legitimizing Blackcoin for the investment industry, the price of Blackcoin would spike up higher than this plan of Iconic's, and, unlike Iconic's plan, the price would stay up because it is so unique and ballsy and would add ridiculous value to Blackcoin in the long-term.
Just my 2-cents.
Source: I work in the investment industry and read thousands of prospectuses, fact sheets, 10Q's, 10K's and annual reports, and I need to file a 13h and 13f.

JL

DUDE, KEEP CALM LOOK AT US AFTER WALL STREET!!!

God damnit I laughed way too hard at this response.

A R B I T A O         THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
█          [   PRE-SALE starts on   J u l y   1 s t   ]        ❱ ❱ ❱   WHITEPAPER          █
──────────     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ──────────
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:52:54 AM

The investment industry sees this type of thing he's planning (ie- hiring pretty, but likely clueless, women who really don't know what the hell they're peddling) as very gimmicky and very juvenile.
The investment industry in reality these days is not "Wolf of Wall Street" and is boring and cares only about two things: returns and playing by the SEC's rules. Investment professionals do due diligence using these simple 1-pagers (http://www.harborfunds.com/docs/international_fund_fact_sheet.pdf and this thing called a prospectus http://hosted.rightprospectus.com/HarborFunds/Fund.aspx?dt=SP&ts=HIINX.
SecondMarket realizes this and will have their public Bitcoin ETF up and running later this year after convincing investors and the SEC that Bitcoin not some gigantic, scammy, ponzi-scheme.
Secondmarket knows that the best way to legitimize Bitcoin for the general investment world is to get the regulators to okay it first and then market it as a returns-achieving security that is safe to hold in a high-risk portfolio.
With Iconic's plan you'll likely get another pump, followed by another dump, and overall nothing will have been achieved.

A better plan would be to send those donated BC's to the Blackcoin development team, with the intention of them starting Blackcoin on the path of ETF-creation or a BlackCoinPool Mining Investment Fund. This would be a huge endeavor and would require many expensive securities lawyers and potentially years of work and patience, however it would help the coin in the long-term versus Iconic's plan.
Hell, I would bet every Blackcoin I own that if the Blackcoin Developers made a simple news release that they were going to hire a securities law-firm to help them start on this long process of legitimizing Blackcoin for the investment industry, the price of Blackcoin would spike up higher than this plan of Iconic's, and, unlike Iconic's plan, the price would stay up because it is so unique and ballsy and would add ridiculous value to Blackcoin in the long-term.
Just my 2-cents.
Source: I work in the investment industry and read thousands of prospectuses, fact sheets, 10Q's, 10K's and annual reports, and I need to file a 13h and 13f.

JL

There's some truth ...

Now that is something I will donate towards

agree on all points.

can't stop iconic though. they did the same thing on a smaller scale in china with bitcoin and some exchange.

Chiggins

Activity: 192

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:53:26 AM

Just my 2-cents.

JL

For real though, he makes a good case.

However. why not try both routes? Chances are actual wall street views this shit as juvenile anyway. A little shock alongside something more serious wouldn't be a totally bad thing, no?

edit: In truth it's probably better to take the current monies and go that route instead of needing to build it twice.

A R B I T A O         THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
█          [   PRE-SALE starts on   J u l y   1 s t   ]        ❱ ❱ ❱   WHITEPAPER          █
──────────     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ──────────
slinger1015

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:02:20 AM

Getting a bunch of bimbos running around Wall Street serious investors aren't going to bode well. Good luck with this endeavor.

Keep feeding Iconic's ego and greed.

I'm out.
Yeah Hot girls have never got any guys attention that have money .... Right?

Yeah investors don't like hot chicks. OKay

Yep Hot girls can not get a investors attention. Boy Oh Boy
Need I go on. I could with pictures for days or the richest men in the world they generally like hot chicks.
But hey If you don't Huh?
darcius

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:05:41 AM

Just my 2-cents.

JL

There's some truth ...

Now that is something I will donate towards

Why not get both of them up and running?  Diversify our endeavors!

Jesse you make some excellent points and I really hope the dev team considers them. I'd be in the camp of trying both activities.
parker928

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:05:56 AM

BlackCoin Is Going To Wall Street

This is an outline of what my wife and I have been planning for a few weeks. Please take a few minutes to read.

I have been promising something big in May, and today I have decided to present my project to the community so together we can make it a reality! My wife and I have been working on this project behind the scenes, and it has never been done before in crypto. We want BlackCoin to be the first Cypto Currency to pull it off!

So what is the big idea?

We want to hire 50 attractive women dressed in BlackCoin T-Shirts, and for 2 hours these women will converge on Wall Street and hand out Wall Street Edition BlackCoin cards and sell sheets describing BlackCoin.

Everything I have asked this community to do has lead us to this moment and now it is time to explain my master plan.

1. I rallied this community together to fund the press release projects so we can introduce the BlackCoin brand to mainstream media outlets, and at the same time learn how to focus our energy towards a single objective.

2. I created the BlackCoin card because I knew in the future we needed something "physical" to allow people to touch and feel. It is hard to get people to believe in something that only exists virtually. The cards are loaded with software that will make it easy to buy, manage, and trade BlackCoins.

3. I rallied this community to contact strategic companies like Vault Of Satoshi because I knew for us to succeed we needed a direct Fiat to BC service here in North America.

4. Now that step 1 -3 has been accomplished,  everything is in place for the main event.

What will the main event accomplish?

This plan is to kill 3 birds with one stone.

a. The cards and sell sheets will introduce new investors to BC. Although Wall Street is the location we do not care if "whales" on Wall Street invests in BC or not. Wall Street is just the backdrop. We want BC to be associated with wealth!

b. We will attract the attention of mainstream media. Not everyday 50 beautiful women dressed alike converge on Wall Street. The event will be covered by local and international media outlets. My wife will be calling media outlets the day before and during the event.

c. We will be making crypto history and we will show the rest of the crypto community how determined we are to make BlackCoin #1.

What is needed to make this a success?

Casting studio rental for day (Cast girls for rvent)
50 Girls for 2 hours
50 T-Shirts
Water For Girls
1000 Cards + Retail Packaging
1000 Sell Sheets
Misc expenses: transportation..snacks...etc..etc

Total budget: $9540
Approximately 73,000 BC at the current exchange rate.

Note: I am not profiting off the cards we get made for this event, these will be community made cards at the wholesale factory price. I set 1000 cards as the minimum, but if we can raise more than $9540 I will get as many cards made as the donations allow.

Note: If we can raise $12,000 or more I will be able to hire a professional camera crew to follow the girls around. We can use that video to plaster all over the web and go viral!

This community has wanted something huge and I strongly believe this is what we need. Our recent partnerships with various companies have been great to make BC stronger, but it has done very little to get the  "BlackCoin brand out to the mainstream. We can have all the partnerships in the world, but if no one knows about us then partnerships mean very little. I think this event will give us the most ROI, and this will be the tipping point for BlackCoin.

To make this happen we need to raise the money by May 17th, and my wife and  I would like to do the event either the 29th or the 30th of May. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, and all comments and suggestions are welcome since it will take this entire community to make this happen.

Below is the donation addresses (Please make sure you use the addresses from this original post or my signature only. Previously scammers have attempted to replace donation addresses with their own addresses when replying to the post.

Donation addresses:

BC: BQQsUdYaqCGUDhdXPADto1gKwvEA2a92TP
BTC: 12jhNVMj5kk7akem2wxDwnpQvGdro3NzJ4
LTC: LT4hiypMuPLYQT2gu3gdMjvAMqhC1w12yJ
DOGE: DRJnZVTP64phDfdoWu5VnKUUSM7p8Tf4MT

We have raised approximately $2731
We have at least $6809 more to go.

Here is an article written a few hours after announcing the event! http://cointelegraph.com/post/blackcoin_s_smooth_and_sexy_nyc_charm_offensive

Iconic-I have been a huge follower and supporter of yours for a while now but I want to raise some concerns incase noone else does

-What will the girls be wearing? I do not need to elaborate any further...

-Are you going to educate them, or just pay them to prance around wall street looking pretty? Here is how the convos will go:

Girl-hey, hows it going!? Have you heard about blackcoin? *bright smile* *pretty girl* (instantly grabs dude's attention, and we all know they're the ones with the money)

Potential investor- No, I have not heard of it, would you care to enlighten me? *wink and nod* *charismatic smile* (dude's just trying to fuck)

Girl- "Well, uh, it's a cryptocurrency, like bitcoin or whatever. They said it was the first proof of like, steak, or pork or something...they told me to tell everyone it was better than litecoin or whatever, and gave me these cool looking cards to hand out"

Potential investor- "Great, I'll take one, if I can have your number too =P"

Girl-"uhhhhhhh"

Are the women going to actually be used for anything other than a tool to pass the cards out? I don't mean to be sexist or whatever but a small brochure can effectively communicate more information than a woman could in 2 hours, why the heck would we use women for something like this? I understand they will attract men, who are the ones with the money, but the men will mostly be trying to hit on them/fuck them or whatever. Think about it, when you see those fine ass girls that reb bull hires to drive around in those stupid mini coopers and hand out free redbull, they get hit on every time, noone cares about the redbull they all just want to hit on the girls.

What are you doing to prevent this foolishness?

Also, 2 hours? weak...

I say make em' work, make em' sweat. 8 hours, and that's being nice =P

Think about how many cards 50 good looking women could hand out on wall street in 8 hours. 50,000-75,000?
slinger1015

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:17:54 AM

I wonder how the car shows ever made it with those bimbo's In front of the cars?

I'm amazed they must have it all wrong....

Anyone feel like eating some chicken wings?

Wish these damn hot girls would leave....

Yeah marketing has never used hot girls... Geez

BTW i rest my case

Yeah that's a lambo
Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:18:23 AM

One thing i keep asking myself:
What do most people here expect from "Investors"?

It can't be someone who buys shares since there is no BlackCoin company and some "Investor" who simply buys up all available BlackCoin is certainly not what we want or need.
BlackCoin does not need some venture capital company to get started.

What we need is use-cases and users, so it all comes down to arousing interest for BC amongst merchands as well as their (potential) customers.
If merchands adapt a new payment method but no one ever heard of it, it will likely be nothing but yet another button/option on the merchands web shop while people continue to use Paypal or their debit/credit cards.
Merchands on the other hand will probably be way more interested in BlackCoin if they somehow heard of it before one of us approaches them with a press release/sugesstion to add it to their payment methods.

McKie

Activity: 336

Twitter: @Steven_McKie

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:19:07 AM

Sexy girls!! Get in sports cah!  Grin

CMONNNN GET IN CAH! WE GO REALLL FAST!

BLK Donate: B7Pegtcz9wa9Uf5NsQLQ26HbQCBc8EmRGz
Malcolm Magneto X

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 04:25:51 AM

https://i.imgur.com/G0owRxs.png

This is an outline of what my wife and I have been planning for a few weeks. Please take a few minutes to read.

I have been promising something big in May, and today I have decided to present my project to the community so together we can make it a reality! My wife and I have been working on this project behind the scenes, and it has never been done before in crypto. We want BlackCoin to be the first Cypto Currency to pull it off!

So what is the big idea?

We want to hire 50 attractive women dressed in BlackCoin T-Shirts, and for 2 hours these women will converge on Wall Street and hand out Wall Street Edition BlackCoin cards and sell sheets describing BlackCoin.

Everything I have asked this community to do has lead us to this moment and now it is time to explain my master plan.

1. I rallied this community together to fund the press release projects so we can introduce the BlackCoin brand to mainstream media outlets, and at the same time learn how to focus our energy towards a single objective.

2. I created the BlackCoin card because I knew in the future we needed something "physical" to allow people to touch and feel. It is hard to get people to believe in something that only exists virtually. The cards are loaded with software that will make it easy to buy, manage, and trade BlackCoins.

3. I rallied this community to contact strategic companies like Vault Of Satoshi because I knew for us to succeed we needed a direct Fiat to BC service here in North America.

4. Now that step 1 -3 has been accomplished,  everything is in place for the main event.

a. The cards and sell sheets will introduce new investors to BC. Although Wall Street is the location we do not care if "whales" on Wall Street invests in BC or not. Wall Street is just the backdrop. We want BC to be associated with wealth!

b. We will attract the attention of mainstream media. Not everyday 50 beautiful women dressed alike converge on Wall Street. The event will be covered by local and international media outlets. My wife will be calling media outlets the day before and during the event.

c. We will be making crypto history and we will show the rest of the crypto community how determined we are to make BlackCoin #1.

50 Girls for 2 hours
50 T-Shirts
Water For Girls
1000 Sell Sheets

Note: I am not profiting off the cards we get made for this event, these will be community made cards at the wholesale factory price. I set 1000 cards as the minimum, but if we can raise more than $9540 I will get as many cards made as the donations allow.

Note: If we can raise $12,000 or more I will be able to hire a professional camera crew to follow the girls around. We can use that video to plaster all over the web and go viral!

This community has wanted something huge and I strongly believe this is what we need. Our recent partnerships with various companies have been great to make BC stronger, but it has done very little to get the  "BlackCoin brand out to the mainstream. We can have all the partnerships in the world, but if no one knows about us then partnerships mean very little. I think this event will give us the most ROI, and this will be the tipping point for BlackCoin.

To make this happen we need to raise the money by May 17th, and my wife and  I would like to do the event either the 29th or the 30th of May. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, and all comments and suggestions are welcome since it will take this entire community to make this happen.

Below is the donation addresses (Please make sure you use the addresses from this original post or my signature only. Previously scammers have attempted to replace donation addresses with their own addresses when replying to the post.

Donation addresses:

Here is an article written a few hours after announcing the event! http://cointelegraph.com/post/blackcoin_s_smooth_and_sexy_nyc_charm_offensive

Iconic-I have been a huge follower and supporter of yours for a while now but I want to raise some concerns incase noone else does

-Are you going to educate them, or just pay them to prance around wall street looking pretty? Here is how the convos will go:

Girl-hey, hows it going!? Have you heard about blackcoin? *bright smile* *pretty girl* (instantly grabs dude's attention, and we all know they're the ones with the money)

Potential investor- No, I have not heard of it, would you care to enlighten me? *wink and nod* *charismatic smile* (dude's just trying to fuck)

Girl- "Well, uh, it's a cryptocurrency, like bitcoin or whatever. They said it was the first proof of like, steak, or pork or something...they told me to tell everyone it was better than litecoin or whatever, and gave me these cool looking cards to hand out"

Girl-"uhhhhhhh"

Are the women going to actually be used for anything other than a tool to pass the cards out? I don't mean to be sexist or whatever but a small brochure can effectively communicate more information than a woman could in 2 hours, why the heck would we use women for something like this? I understand they will attract men, who are the ones with the money, but the men will mostly be trying to hit on them/fuck them or whatever. Think about it, when you see those fine ass girls that reb bull hires to drive around in those stupid mini coopers and hand out free redbull, they get hit on every time, noone cares about the redbull they all just want to hit on the girls.

Also, 2 hours? weak...

Think about how many cards 50 good looking women could hand out on wall street in 8 hours. 50,000-75,000?
I agree with parker928. These girls will have to sit through a seminar about cryptocurrency, yet alone Blackcoin, to be able to grasp and reiterate in detail their knowledge of the subject to be taken seriously. I imagine a camera crew promptly interviewing one of the women and she has the opportunity to shine by exuding her knowledge or get flustered and spew out some unintelligible jargon, chagrining the community. Wall Street is a major venue. The girls should bring their A+ game. It's possible, and we would all like to see this work.  Smiley
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:57:13 AM

Although I definitely agree with JL's contrary opinion as far as Wall St. is concerned - I do feel this (IE's) approach has merit, the only suggestion I would have is moving venues.  Although you are quite correct about there being tons of money on Wall St. - the reality of the matter is that truly successful investment brokers already have (most likely) a black book with girls in it that look even better than some rental booth babes are likely to.

I think if you ran the same promotion, but moved it into Times Square - you would likely have a better response.

Because let's face it... someone with 100M they move on a daily basis doesn't get to that level because they make judgments based on how hot the girl is that handed them the prospectus... and this won't be a prospectus anyway, it will be more of a "Here's something cool, but completely unproven and risky... but you might get rich later on".  The reality of the matter is that even the market cap and growth of Bitcoin itself is yawn-able to a hedge fund manager.  They move billions around on a weekly basis, some manage funds with assets in excess of 10 times BTC's market cap.

On the other hand the things that are the true appeal of crypto currencies (grassroots efforts, early adoption opportunities, decentralized nature) are much more likely to attract 'average joes' - and these are exactly the kind of people dumb enough to throw some money in something that a pretty girl told them about!

In addition, I have another concern about the 'market to Wall St.' direction.  If there was a single investor that really saw potential... they would only be thinking of that potential in a sense of monopolization.  It's how they work - and how I would too if I had more money - and they don't invest in things where they can only be a minority holder with no management rights.  On the other hand, the 4 'frat bros' on holiday... they'll throw $2K at almost anything with mammary glands - and even more if they think there's an outside chance of them getting rich at the same time.

I think the approach needs to be:

1) Infrastructure and adoption - i.e. supporting the devs and donating to bounties that lead to new and exciting technologies which can be branded and 'bonded' to BlackCoin itself.
2) Buzz and marketing to many smaller investors and vendors. 

No one with even a net worth of $2M is going to care about spending $100K to possibly have $1M at the end of the year, but also possibly have $10 at the end of the year - on a 'stock' that has been in existence less than 3 months!  Especially when the biggest gains have happened (or at least that's how anyone looking at the charts would see it).

Hell, I bet you could do 1000% better by sending the same girls and the same information to a ComicCon or a GunShow - although they might be for different reasons... both of those venues have a crapload of people that are already fans of cryptocurrencies (or what they represent at least)... but many of them don't even know they exist, or more accurately, they don't understand that there is still plenty of time to get in early! After all, the mass media has already largely written off BTC has having peaked and currently bleeding out... an opinion that does indeed have evidence to support itself.  Undecided
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 04:59:13 AM

I agree with parker928. These girls will have to sit through a seminar about cryptocurrency, yet alone Blackcoin, to be able to grasp and reiterate in detail their knowledge of the subject to be taken seriously. I imagine a camera crew promptly interviewing one of the women and she has the opportunity to shine by exuding her knowledge or get flustered and spew out some unintelligible jargon, chagrining the community. Wall Street is a major venue. The girls should bring their A+ game. It's possible, and we would all like to see this work.  Smiley

Agree.. have to be careful about the target audience.. although any publicity is good publicity.. In a resource constrained situation (as this obviously is as we are taking donations), it's advisable to hit the right mark.  

50 busty girls might work well to market Energy drinks to young men/teenagers..  I'm not so sure about them getting investment in cryptocurrencies.. may want to think about a better strategy to get investors interested.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
micryon

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 05:02:59 AM

In addition, I have another concern about the 'market to Wall St.' direction.  If there was a single investor that really saw potential... they would only be thinking of that potential in a sense of monopolization.  It's how they work - and how I would too if I had more money - and they don't invest in things where they can only be a minority holder with no management rights.  On the other hand, the 4 'frat bros' on holiday... they'll throw $2K at almost anything with mammary glands - and even more if they think there's an outside chance of them getting rich at the same time.

Should watch Wolf of Wallstreet.. penny stock investors are exactly the kind of people interested in this kind of thing.  .. not that this is a scam or anything, BC actually has merit.  But I'm not sure that crowd would be wooed by hot girls either.  Most likely if we can find people to just cold call a rolodex of people interested in taking risky investments.. maybe even sell it as a penny stock. 

Or even if someone starts a BC penny stock fund, collect USD$, call people to invest in it, and then use the USD to buy BC for the investors.... that would be the way to go.

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:06:34 AM

Quick follow-up ideas...
I've gotten a handful of PM's asking me how would you even go about creating an ETF-type product like what Secondmarkets want to do with BitCoin? While creating these products is not really my side of the investment business (I'm on the investors' side rather than the product-creation side if that makes sense), this fact sheet from Secondmarkets (http://www.bitcointrust.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Fact-Sheet_April.pdf) shows some basic entities you would need, such as:
-Sponsoring company (which may very well be completely independent of the developers)
-Independent Auditor
-Legal Counsel to the Sponsor (and I have actually heard that this one Secondmarkets has here, Sidley Austin LLP, is pretty damn good at currency and commodity-linked indexes, which is likely what form of ETF any potential Blackcoin ETF would take)
-Stock Transfer Agent
-Delaware Statutory Trustee
-Someone to act as a primary distributor

And I'm sure there are more entities involved.

Anyhow, I don't entirely think Iconic's idea is bad I just think it's mis-placed and will be all for naught with what will be ordinary touristy people who happen to be visiting Wall Street.
Now, I saw this genius MIT plan with Bitcoin today (http://bitcoin.mit.edu/announcing-the-mit-bitcoin-project/) ...now THAT is a place (ie a large, well-known college campus) where Iconic's plan would be marvelous. I think this MIT/BTC plan is the perfect target for this kind of plan because for the most part they're a very tech-savvy target and they're young and the target is likely tech-savvy guys and what college guy wouldn't take a Blackcoin Card from a pretty face?
But furthermore, what college students use cash? None. Nearly all use credit cards these days already pre-loaded with fundage from mom and dad. I'd speculate that these MIT students mainly use this BTC to payback each other for various things (cable bill, utility bill, payback for the 6 beers last night, etc) and I'm going to guess that the ending result from this large experiment will be that BTC's slow transaction times will keep students from using it to pay for other things (books, groceries, etc).
Now enter Blackcoin though, I could see an experiment like this with Blackcoin having hugely massive success due in part to ridiculously fast transaction times.
What if Blackcoin completely emulated this experiment and gave out pre-loaded cards to students at like Stanford or some other highly visible but tech-savvy university in the same fashion Iconic is calling for? Or perhaps we balls-up and do it at MIT? Compete with BTC at the transaction-level in a highly-visible competition of sorts.

JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
micryon

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 05:09:50 AM

Yeah that'd be a better direction to head... cryptos still for geeks right now, and esp altcoins, we need more converts from the cyber geeks before we convert mainstream, tbh.. It's like the only people who know about it now are people on this forum.. still a huge market of tech geeks out there who don't even know what POS is. 

Anyhow, I don't entirely think Iconic's idea is bad I just think it's mis-placed and will be all for naught with what will be ordinary touristy people who happen to be visiting Wall Street.
Now, I saw this genius MIT plan with Bitcoin today (http://bitcoin.mit.edu/announcing-the-mit-bitcoin-project/)...now THAT is a place (ie a large, well-known college campus) where Iconic's plan would be marvelous. I think this MIT/BTC plan is the perfect target for this kind of plan because for the most part they're a very tech-savvy target and they're young and the target is likely tech-savvy guys and what college guy wouldn't take a Blackcoin Card from a pretty face?
But furthermore, what college students use cash? None. Nearly all use credit cards these days already pre-loaded with fundage from mom and dad. I'd speculate that these MIT students mainly use this BTC to payback each other for various things (cable bill, utility bill, payback for the 6 beers last night, etc) and I'm going to guess that the ending result from this large experiment will be that BTC's slow transaction times will keep students from using it to pay for other things (books, groceries, etc).
Now enter Blackcoin though, I could see an experiment like this with Blackcoin having hugely massive success due in part to ridiculously fast transaction times.
What if Blackcoin completely emulated this experiment and gave out pre-loaded cards to students at like Stanford or some other highly visible but tech-savvy university in the same fashion Iconic is calling for? Or perhaps we balls-up and do it at MIT? Compete with BTC at the transaction-level in a highly-visible competition of sorts.

JL

mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:14:03 AM

Just my 2-cents.

JL

+1

I honestly think that I like the passion, determination that iconic brings to his projects. I do however believe that ideas have to be well thought through before asking for donations from the community.  There has been way to much over promising in the past and some community members have felt misguided. I believe Iconic should be talking to the developer team and community about his ideas and get a feel for them from the community before we send donations out. We have to be more targeted and be wise on how we spend our BC.

The points that have been brought forward in this post have allot of valid points. Guys in wall street walking to work or lunch can care less about a crypto promotion.  Not even bitcoin has made it in full yet. If to legitimize Blackcoin for the investment industry is our route we need to be serious about this project and funds should be routed through the dev team for proper implementation. Iconic should continue to bring Ideas in to the community but this type of gimmick that can potential cost in excess of $10,000 USd for a few hours can buy us way more in massive PR. Let's Stop the madness with asking for Donations  without the approval from the Development team or Community Manager, it makes us look desperate and brings confusion
coinism

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:14:54 AM

So what is the big idea?

50 Girls for 2 hours
50 T-Shirts
Water For Girls
1000 Sell Sheets

Donation addresses:

Girl-"uhhhhhhh"

Also, 2 hours? weak...

In my line of work i have worked with ALOT of PR girls. The girls do not need to be experts about cryptocurrencies, they just need to know the basics and have sheets of info with them so people can look up more details if they wish. It's a marketing campaign - not a cryptocurrency educational campaign. the whole idea is to attract customers, not to make a lecture about cryptocurrencies. i agree that they should have some idea what they are handing out, but not many PR girls actually know anything about what they are promoting. as an example: PR girls don't have a clue about the car they are promoting or how it works, they don't have a clue about the credit cards they are promoting (or how money works for that matter), they don't even have a clue about the condoms they are promoting if you ask them.
Now, the basics of BC are easy to understand and nobody needs to go into full expert details with customers about that. instead the customers can go look up more info on the sheets and internet themselves once they get interested in the product. That's how PR work usually works. I think it's a good idea to have a few technically savy dressed-in-black crypto-experts on the spot too, if somebody really wants to know more info right on the spot. I think many have already volunteered for that.

To insure we get the best possible marketing girls awailable, we could simply make an online IQ test for the PR girls: the ones that pass the IQ test - don't get the job Tongue

CryptoSteam

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:15:23 AM

Quick follow-up ideas...
I've gotten a handful of PM's asking me how would you even go about creating an ETF-type product like what Secondmarkets want to do with BitCoin? While creating these products is not really my side of the investment business (I'm on the investors' side rather than the product-creation side if that makes sense), this fact sheet from Secondmarkets (http://www.bitcointrust.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Fact-Sheet_April.pdf) shows some basic entities you would need, such as:
-Sponsoring company (which may very well be completely independent of the developers)
-Independent Auditor
-Legal Counsel to the Sponsor (and I have actually heard that this one Secondmarkets has here, Sidley Austin LLP, is pretty damn good at currency and commodity-linked indexes, which is likely what form of ETF any potential Blackcoin ETF would take)
-Stock Transfer Agent
-Delaware Statutory Trustee
-Someone to act as a primary distributor

And I'm sure there are more entities involved.

Now, I saw this genius MIT plan with Bitcoin today (http://bitcoin.mit.edu/announcing-the-mit-bitcoin-project/) ...now THAT is a place (ie a large, well-known college campus) where Iconic's plan would be marvelous. I think this MIT/BTC plan is the perfect target for this kind of plan because for the most part they're a very tech-savvy target and they're young and the target is likely tech-savvy guys and what college guy wouldn't take a Blackcoin Card from a pretty face?

JL

+1. I'd listen to Jesse Livermore rather than Iconic.
judgecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:20:45 AM

@Everyone RE: IconicExpert's Wallstreet Idea

I think we should all back off and let him run with this his way.  He came up with the idea and honestly it sounds great.  In the whole scheme of things it is really a cheap campaign.  If other people have ideas, let them organize them and collect donations based on how much people think it will return for them.  Multiple marketing paths would be a great idea...

Personally IconicExpert has been on the money so far! Smiley

Instead of always betting on Black, Always bet on Iconic!

Judge Neil / Judge Crypto
CryptoSteam

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:27:52 AM

@Everyone RE: IconicExpert's Wallstreet Idea

I think we should all back off and let him run with this his way.  He came up with the idea and honestly it sounds great.  In the whole scheme of things it is really a cheap campaign.  If other people have ideas, let them organize them and collect donations based on how much people think it will return for them.  Multiple marketing paths would be a great idea...

Personally IconicExpert has been on the money so far! Smiley

Instead of always betting on Black, Always bet on Iconic!

Judge Neil / Judge Crypto

Coming from a newbie account. It's Iconic lol.
Pages: « 1 ... 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: