Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:33:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509631 times)
otila

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:19:55 PM

If I compile blackcoin-qt with gcc -std=gnu++11 , I get assertion failed at kernel.cpp:GetStakeModifierChecksum().
When I remove that option, blackcoin-qt just works!  I have gcc 4.9.0-1.fc20 and boost-1.55.0 on x86_64 Fedora Linux.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 11:31:01 PM

but "much easier" is relative. That could still be incredibly difficult in a wider frame and is almost impossible to measure.

I think what is starting to change is *that* is the incentive in itself...you stake to protect your investment. It's why I do. I mean say, for example, why would someone put money in a savings account instead of in a drawer in an apartment? Interest is fractions of a percent. I just want to keep my money 'safe' from say a fire or a robber or other 'attacks'.

You are comparing your incentive to stake coins towards everyone else's and, even worse, the issues with FIAT money. I have no fear of a robber or fire resulting in loss of my coins.

Most holders are constantly switching their coins around while trying to catch the next train.

Right now, I don't even bother downloading a wallet for my other altcoins. Just leave them on MintPal. But BC stakes at 8 hours so I keep my money printing machine on!

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:35:58 PM

but "much easier" is relative. That could still be incredibly difficult in a wider frame and is almost impossible to measure.

I think what is starting to change is *that* is the incentive in itself...you stake to protect your investment. It's why I do. I mean say, for example, why would someone put money in a savings account instead of in a drawer in an apartment? Interest is fractions of a percent. I just want to keep my money 'safe' from say a fire or a robber or other 'attacks'.

You are comparing your incentive to stake coins towards everyone else's and, even worse, the issues with FIAT money. I have no fear of a robber or fire resulting in loss of my coins.

Most holders are constantly switching their coins around while trying to catch the next train.

Right now, I don't even bother downloading a wallet for my other altcoins. Just leave them on MintPal. But BC stakes at 8 hours so I keep my money printing machine on!

lol, yeah i only have bitcoin blackcoin doge mint wallets
Kalizar

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:37:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAnxxWvzMP8

The Evolution of Crypto Coins
Jabulon

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 11:37:12 PM

Hahah...look friends: foundation-shmoundation. The Foundation hasn't even defined itself yet, give it time. Whatever. Important thing for now is this: Wall Street is happening. Blackcoin is 1% PoS, 99% community. nuff said!

As some of you know, I work in the entertainment industry. This afternoon I have a meeting with a rising TV, stage and film celebrity. I have seen her in ten shows. Hired her for one. Even acted accross from her in one. She's gorgeous, 20, and has been following my doings in crypto for the last 6 months with great interest. If that meeting goes well, she will be on board with us. You will meet her here. She will come out for Wall Street. She will be in the Blackcoin music video. She will represent like you've never dreamed. She will be a leading lady of Blackcoin across several demographics. Stay-tuned people.

Is it Debby Ryan? Smiley

or Keke Palmer?

Smiley

Even better. Stay tuned. We had a three hour meeting today. I will be posting an announcement later tonight. And yes, there will be pics.

Visit NightBark Music, home of the BlackCoin Music Video! https://www.youtube.com/user/nightbarkmusic
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:37:30 PM

Gorgeous. How about a 3d one?
Dimelord

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:37:38 PM

Where can I get a Blackcoin T shirt? And BTW Im working on that Blackcoin Nascar skin Smiley
Dimelord

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:38:29 PM

Thats my new Desktop background Smiley
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:39:58 PM

Give me an idea what a "printing money machine" will be. take, for instance, 5,000 BC as an example, what  kind of printing money will it produce in my wallet and how should I go about it. Thanks!
coinpredator(return)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:41:31 PM

Wall Street Takeover Update

Instead of replying to multiple comments, I decided to address some concerns in one post.

Why are we using women? It seems trashy and gives BlackCoin a bad image.

Lets face it sex sells and almost every brand uses sex to sell. Women all dressed alike will garner the attention of everyone and that is what we want. The women will be dressed in black BlackCoin T-Shirts and black jeans or leggings. They will not be dressed trashy, nor will anything inappropriate be exposed. It will be tasteful and the women we hire will have a certain professionalism. No matter if you agree with using women or not, men love to see attractive women. And men will stop and talk, interact with the women, and of course take pictures. By the end of the day BlackCoin Beauty pics and videos will be all over the net.

Why not move this to Times Square?
Been there, done that. My favorite place to have a drink is the Living Room Bar @ The W Hotel Times Square. I am a regular there and as many of you know that area is flooded with people. There is something going on there almost everyday. The problem is 50 women in Times Square will not garner the same attention as Wall Street. Also, as I pointed out we want the backdrop of Wall Street in our photos and videos. We want to associate BlackCoin with wealth. If we really wanted attention we could also give away $5000 worth of BlackCoins to some random person.

This is a waste of money, why are we doing this?
You have to spend money to make money. Yes we could place an ad in a magazine or a newspaper, and yes we could send out dozens of press releases. But this is something that will create instant buzz and give BC notoriety. It shows that this community can think out the box and we are not just another alt coins. It sends a message to the crypto community BlackCoin is on another level.

Will the women be able to explain BlackCoin?
This is not a "lets educate Wall Street about BlackCoin" campaign. We could care less if the women will be effective at explaining the mechanics of BlackCoin. Lets be honest, half the people who are invested in BlackCoin could not effectively explain the mechanics of BlackCoin. That is why the women will have sell sheets and the cards. People who receive the sell sheets and cards will eventually do their own research when they are winding down and near a computer. The purpose of this event is to attract the attention of the media, and using the images/videos to go viral.

How do we know you can pull this off?
It has already been pointed out I have a huge ego. Roll Eyes So my ego will not allow me to do anything less than a successful event. At the end of the day I want this to be perfect because it increases the value of my portfolio as well.

What if it is successful but we do not get the media attention we wanted?
We tried and that is all that matters. We can keep doing the same thing everyone else has been doing, or we can continue setting the bar higher. To be successful you have to take risks. If you are not willing to take risks then crypto is not for you.

We have a chance here to make history. If another coin copies us, we will still be the first to have done it. I say lets go make rypto history!!!

Below is the donation addresses (Please make sure you use the addresses from this original post or my signature only. Previously scammers have attempted to replace donation addresses with their own addresses when replying to the post.

Donation addresses:

BC: BQQsUdYaqCGUDhdXPADto1gKwvEA2a92TP
BTC: 12jhNVMj5kk7akem2wxDwnpQvGdro3NzJ4
LTC: LT4hiypMuPLYQT2gu3gdMjvAMqhC1w12yJ
DOGE: DRJnZVTP64phDfdoWu5VnKUUSM7p8Tf4MT

Iconic, I really love the work you do for BC. In my opinion you are doing a fantastic job. Also the way you reply to all the crap people are saying to you, is done very superb. I hope you will ever get the reward you deserve.

you are totally right
srr for the bad english
I have send you some LTC, it's not much, but I believe in this coin
sorry for the bad english

IconicExpert my congratulations again, definitely we have to be different For those who think all this madness, this is of the phrases from Steve Jobs, I would like everyone reflect and think about this sentence.

INNOVATION IS ALL STAFF!!!

Lybertycoin Multipool - http://xlb.multipoolmining.com/
Bitcoin going to the moon !  Roll Eyes
bluestskies

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:42:37 PM

I don't understand this at all. Is it supposed to be funny? Is an attempt at trolling?

Information

It fails at its purpose if that's the case, cause it is genuinely confusing. But from looking at your past history it seems you think it would be relatively easy to pull of a 51% attack on a PoS coin. If that's the case why not try an intelligent discussion?

A PoS coin is susceptible to an attack, just like PoW. However, the means of performing the attack would be much simpler. The main weakness comes from most coin holders do not (and will probably never) stake their coins in the long run.

If there are 100 coins in circulation(for example) and only 4 coins staked, that would only require 5 staked coins to perform an attack. That is how a PoS attack would be performed, having over 51% of the staked coins.

Meanwhile, PoW requires 51% of the network hash. This makes it much more impractical to destroy a coin. Neither attacks have been successfully performed to destroy a coin, but PoS attacks would be much easier.

Any coin is vulnerable to an attack.. Just like any Bank can be heisted. Just takes the right person or group to perform the attack. Never say Never. So I agree with you 100% on this.

Yes, but I am trying to emphasize how much easier it is for PoS coins. There is not enough incentive, at the moment, for coin holders to stake their coins.

That's kind of my point though too. You can't compare incentives for everyone invested in a given coin (when you said it's easier for a pos). In what frame? By how much? I know a handful of folks in the top 100 who don't day trade and switch their coins around in terms of blackcoin. We all stake. Without you knowing who I know, and without me knowing who you know (or were using in an example when you said "most holders"), you are just taking a stab at the assumption on incentives to different people and what matters to each one personally. I'm not saying it's not a potential problem, an attack can happen on any coin, absolutely, but I am just talking about the idea that staking IS an incentive to some to protect their coins has been growing. I do think it should continue to be pushed and explain to new investors too in order to continue emphasizing the importance of not just say getting a 1% roi, but also protecting from an attack.

And to me it is comparable to fiat. They both are something you want to protect because they are worth something. You might not be worried about a robber, but people are. Including me. I have no cash stored anywhere, it's all in a bank to protect my investments. If I need cash I make the extra effort to go to an ATM and take what I need. I'm protecting my cash in a bank and I'm protecting my blackcoins by staking in my wallet.
Kalizar

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:51:19 PM

I don't understand this at all. Is it supposed to be funny? Is an attempt at trolling?

Information

It fails at its purpose if that's the case, cause it is genuinely confusing. But from looking at your past history it seems you think it would be relatively easy to pull of a 51% attack on a PoS coin. If that's the case why not try an intelligent discussion?

A PoS coin is susceptible to an attack, just like PoW. However, the means of performing the attack would be much simpler. The main weakness comes from most coin holders do not (and will probably never) stake their coins in the long run.

If there are 100 coins in circulation(for example) and only 4 coins staked, that would only require 5 staked coins to perform an attack. That is how a PoS attack would be performed, having over 51% of the staked coins.

Meanwhile, PoW requires 51% of the network hash. This makes it much more impractical to destroy a coin. Neither attacks have been successfully performed to destroy a coin, but PoS attacks would be much easier.

Any coin is vulnerable to an attack.. Just like any Bank can be heisted. Just takes the right person or group to perform the attack. Never say Never. So I agree with you 100% on this.

Yes, but I am trying to emphasize how much easier it is for PoS coins. There is not enough incentive, at the moment, for coin holders to stake their coins.

That's kind of my point though too. You can't compare incentives for everyone invested in a given coin (when you said it's easier for a pos). In what frame? By how much? I know a handful of folks in the top 100 who don't day trade and switch their coins around in terms of blackcoin. We all stake. Without you knowing who I know, and without me knowing who you know (or were using in an example when you said "most holders"), you are just taking a stab at the assumption on incentives to different people and what matters to each one personally. I'm not saying it's not a potential problem, an attack can happen on any coin, absolutely, but I am just talking about the idea that staking IS an incentive to some to protect their coins has been growing. I do think it should continue to be pushed and explain to new investors too in order to continue emphasizing the importance of not just say getting a 1% roi, but also protecting from an attack.

And to me it is comparable to fiat. They both are something you want to protect because they are worth something. You might not be worried about a robber, but people are. Including me. I have no cash stored anywhere, it's all in a bank to protect my investments. If I need cash I make the extra effort to go to an ATM and take what I need. I'm protecting my cash in a bank and I'm protecting my blackcoins by staking in my wallet.

All it takes is one to a few hyped coins to come out. A majority of coin holders could likely sell their coins for whatever hyped coin they want. In the meantime, the security would be weak.
Miners are less likely to switch & reconfigure often for whatever hyped coin comes out.
Coin holders could just transfer it over in just a few moments.
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 11:56:26 PM

Give me an idea what a "printing money machine" will be. take, for instance, 5,000 BC as an example, what  kind of printing money will it produce in my wallet and how should I go about it. Thanks!

Keep your wallet open and watch the money come in! Ka-ching! Ka-ching! $$$ Those little decimal BCs might be worth 10x one day!

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:06:42 AM

Keep your wallet open and watch the money come in! Ka-ching! Ka-ching! $$$ Those little decimal BCs might be worth 10x one day!

So we are talking "cents", then? on 5,000 BC?
phaddie

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:10:59 AM

Number of miners on the pool seems to be increasing again.  This is good.  Maybe some sort of promotion to get us to the 15gh/s for the titan is in order?  A no fee weekend?  Or more of the random giveaways or something?  I think these are good for the pool and good for the coin.

Thoughts?

Phad.
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:12:34 AM

Its easy, Barabbas. On 5K BC, stacking will generate around 50 BCs per year, which is around 1 BC per week.

This space is for lease, apparently.
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:15:07 AM

Number of miners on the pool seems to be increasing again.  This is good.  Maybe some sort of promotion to get us to the 15gh/s for the titan is in order?  A no fee weekend?  Or more of the random giveaways or something?  I think these are good for the pool and good for the coin.

Thoughts?

Phad.

+1. Im always yelling it at the multipool's chat: Miners are the core of BC. We need to cater them, care for them and cheer them. Watch out Version 2 of the multi pool. Will be the most advanced and cool looking ever hottie in the altcoin planet  Grin

I think that when things go back to normal (a slow growth past 40,000 sat etc) the weekly promotions on the pool will be a standard.

This space is for lease, apparently.
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:18:06 AM

Warning regarding Iconic's misguided "Wall Street" plan:
The investment industry sees this type of thing he's planning (ie- hiring pretty, but likely clueless, women who really don't know what the hell they're peddling) as very gimmicky and very juvenile.
The investment industry in reality these days is not "Wolf of Wall Street" and is boring and cares only about two things: returns and playing by the SEC's rules. Investment professionals do due diligence using these simple 1-pagers (http://www.harborfunds.com/docs/international_fund_fact_sheet.pdf and this thing called a prospectus http://hosted.rightprospectus.com/HarborFunds/Fund.aspx?dt=SP&ts=HIINX.
SecondMarket realizes this and will have their public Bitcoin ETF up and running later this year after convincing investors and the SEC that Bitcoin not some gigantic, scammy, ponzi-scheme.
Secondmarket knows that the best way to legitimize Bitcoin for the general investment world is to get the regulators to okay it first and then market it as a returns-achieving security that is safe to hold in a high-risk portfolio.
With Iconic's plan you'll likely get another pump, followed by another dump, and overall nothing will have been achieved.

A better plan would be to send those donated BC's to the Blackcoin development team, with the intention of them starting Blackcoin on the path of ETF-creation or a BlackCoinPool Mining Investment Fund. This would be a huge endeavor and would require many expensive securities lawyers and potentially years of work and patience, however it would help the coin in the long-term versus Iconic's plan.
Hell, I would bet every Blackcoin I own that if the Blackcoin Developers made a simple news release that they were going to hire a securities law-firm to help them start on this long process of legitimizing Blackcoin for the investment industry, the price of Blackcoin would spike up higher than this plan of Iconic's, and, unlike Iconic's plan, the price would stay up because it is so unique and ballsy and would add ridiculous value to Blackcoin in the long-term.
Just my 2-cents.
Source: I work in the investment industry and read thousands of prospectuses, fact sheets, 10Q's, 10K's and annual reports, and I need to file a 13h and 13f.

JL

Thank you for comments. Please read the previous responses and comments before commenting, it makes things a lot easier when responding.

The dev team has been focusing on partnerships...etc..etc, and as a community we also have to focus on publicity. The problem is we focus way too much on pools and partnerships. We can have all the pools and partnerships in the world, but if we do not let the rest of the world know BlackCoin exists it doesn't matter. Maybe 100,000 people or less in the world know about BlackCoin, so in the eyes of the world BlackCoin doesn't exist. There are more people that work on Wall Street than people who know about BlackCoin. The purpose of the promotion is to create buzz and bring outside attention to BlackCoin. With all do respect please stick to facts and do not make assumptions. Unless you are psychic or a fortune teller you have no clue what effect this promotion will have on the price, nor do you know if the dev team announced they are hiring a securities law firm it would have a positive effect on the price. Also, your idea is counter intuitive to the spirit of crypto. The point of crypto is to avoid large financial institutions and your plan is to get in bed with them. You do realize before a securities firm were to even consider taking on BlackCoin as a client BlackCoin would have to be a registered Corporation first? If BlackCoin ever became a corporation it will die because it is a community project that existence depends on a community. Please do your homework....

Iconic, of course no one knows the future but you of all people should know that with experience (business-wise, in this case) comes wisdom.
And, no, BlackCoin would not need to be a corporation first; in fact the BlackCoin team wouldn't even need to be connected to it besides granting license of the BlackCoin name to a sponsor of the BlackCoin ETF.
You, sir, need to do your homework.

JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
Dimelord

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:31:30 AM

Does anybody know the HTML notation for the gold on the outside of the blackcoin logo??? I cant get it right  Embarrassed
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 12:32:10 AM

Yes and no. Those "cents" you will get regardless if you stake 24/7 or once a year. But it's that compound interest which is like 0.5 BC that's the real reason you should keep staking!  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 [1329] 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: