R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421197 times)
Anthropolis

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Marine Corps, BA & AA Degrees, Hacker, Lover

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 06:39:48 PM

Ohhh okay, I thought it was really odd that I only made 40k coins last night (2nd lanuch). I didn't even know about the other behind-the-scenes fubar launches lol. Alright that clears up about everything I think I care to know about this coin anymore. Maybe by the 9th I'll be ready to try again, maybe not.

For the love of God, next time, can we not put the password buried on page 112 or 196 or 247 so only the 10 people on that page can open the wallets. Updating the OP with the password at launch time would be a genius idea lol. /end rant

◄█▒░ATOMIC TRADE!░▒█►║◄█▒░CLOUD MINING!░▒█►
bigjme

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:43:25 PM

Pastet89 I think the algo needs to be keccak.  Lower power, easier on gpus.  And give a fair mining speed to nvidia gpus which as this is gpucoin I do think that should be taken into account

Owner of: cudamining.co.uk
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:44:21 PM

I am just curious - legally, how long can I wait before I am required to file for my refund?

I am assuming it does not matter if the next relaunch is in an hour or a week, the owner has already guaranteed refunds if the second launch fails.  

I am assuming I have some time in order to request the refund, even if it is after Sunday when the relaunch occurs.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:50:51 PM

I am just curious - legally, how long can I wait before I am required to file for my refund?

I am assuming it does not matter if the next relaunch is in an hour or a week, the owner has already guaranteed refunds if the second launch fails.  

I am assuming I have some time in order to request the refund, even if it is after Sunday when the relaunch occurs.

You can demand it right away. He stated very clearly that if the coin fails to launch (the first time), you could ask for refunds. He then stated without a shadow of a doubt HERE that if the 2nd launch failed on 03 March, you would get refunds.

In my sig is a thread where I'm trying to coordinate all of the IPO's together. Please ask him for a refund, and post up in my thread that you have done so.

illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:52:36 PM

You can demand it right away. He stated very clearly that if the coin fails to launch (the first time), you could ask for refunds. He then stated without a shadow of a doubt HERE that if the 2nd launch failed on 03 March, you would get refunds.

In my sig is a thread where I'm trying to coordinate all of the IPO's together. Please ask him for a refund, and post up in my thread that you have done so.

I am asking: "how long can I wait until I have to request a refund"

The point I am making is that since the refunds are already guaranteed, is there anything stopping me from waiting until after the next relaunch to request my refund?

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:53:06 PM

I've been up for 24 hours at this point trying to see things through and it's time for bed.

IPO investors, look forward to an e-mail tomorrow about all of the issues and choices (including refund, if needed, since this launch was a fail) as I will still pound on and try to get this thing kick started.

Let's see if he follows through on this.
LIghtvelocityCoin

Activity: 320

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:58:57 PM

wake up! noobs.

hendr1x

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:05:32 PM

I would like to throw two cents in:

1) Communication : I think the biggest issue we are dealing with is the CEO is simply not a communicator.  That's fine, everyone has their skills.  I think he should appoint someone (maybe me?) to handle communications.  All questions/comments/concerns would get directed to a this PR person and then Jaymes would agree to regularly communicate that one person.

2) Scam? I can't imagine anyone thinking this is a scam.  If the CEO wanted rip everyone off he would just take off after the IPO ended.  He wouldn't have calculated all the percentages. He wouldn't have tried to relaunch so many times. etc. etc. etc.

3) Developers : I think we need to find someone with proven track record and ensure they get paid properly.  I don't have the technical knowledge to ensure this happens but I think we can overcome this by Sunday.

4) Community : I think there are way to many people here that are just out to make a quick buck and don't care about this coin at all.  I would like to see long term success and the only way that will happen is with a solid community.  If we can, lets drop the people that don't care about this coin at all.

5) Refunds : I think the CEO has to be honest what is possible here. I assume he spent most/all of the initial seed money on GPUs (as he said he would).  If someone wants a refund he should get it writing, calculate how much money people are requesting for a direct refund, see if they would be interested in trading for a GPU and perhaps determine a pay back strategy.  This issue is probably the most sensitive and I'm guessing that people are going to get upset about this no matter what (understandably).  I also think that this is what might scare the CEO the most and make him most likely to "run".  If we could be reasonable about things I think we can overcome this.
johliks

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:08:13 PM

This is ridiculous.

1. Compile the source code.
2. Setup the network on a LAN and test it.
3. Once tested on LAN, pre-mine while still on LAN.
4. Put source on GitHub
5. Release

This should take about 3 hours from start to finish, including wallets for OS X, etc.
AcidSplash

Activity: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:15:40 PM

What is your opinon - should this project go further or not?
That depends. I don't have any interest in this coin as long as the IPO part is attached to it. Personally I'm gonna focus on coins with no premine, no IPO that may give investors an advantage and no BS. With that being said you may even have to toss the coin name and start over.

What is your opinon - should cryptowest continue working on the project or not?

No fire him. Use a coingen service if you need to. But you need the project overlooked by a real developer. To sort out any problems that may or may not happen along the way.

What is your opinon - should micryon and me replace cryptowest and try to get this coin finally working or no? Please, opinion of both community and CEO needed here!

I don't know your previous experience qualifications. I for one am a C# developer. I have managed over 200 employees at one time. I've fired some of my closest friends because their work lacked quality. I take hours of my work time to efficiently explain the technical details to my boss and make sure that he understands it.

I would suggest that whatever approach that you take, that you do not cookie cut anything. Good documentation is a necessity. That means a miner with no previous technical knowledge could read through the documentation with helpful screenshots and either.

A) Know how to solo mine (if that's what he wanted to do).
B) Know how to pool mine.

Forth, if you agree on going further with this coin and still want a relaunch, regardless if you trust and choose me as a developer or not, what is your opinion on the algo of the coin?

Keccak as I believe it's the easiest to setup. All of my miners 7950's, 7970's, r9 280x's, r9 290's all work at maximum efficiency with just changing the intensity to 11. In addition I believe the first XXX blocks or XXXX blocks should have a reward of 1. That way no one can complain about instamining and dumping a lot of coins. Pools will be able to get setup before block XXXX is mined. That way the difficulty will be up by block let's say block 1001 and all miners will be fairly rewarded with no particular person coming away with a bigger share of the pie.
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:20:48 PM

I would like to throw two cents in:

1) Communication : I think the biggest issue we are dealing with is the CEO is simply not a communicator.  That's fine, everyone has their skills.  I think he should appoint someone (maybe me?) to handle communications.  All questions/comments/concerns would get directed to a this PR person and then Jaymes would agree to regularly communicate that one person.

2) Scam? I can't imagine anyone thinking this is a scam.  If the CEO wanted rip everyone off he would just take off after the IPO ended.  He wouldn't have calculated all the percentages. He wouldn't have tried to relaunch so many times. etc. etc. etc.

3) Developers : I think we need to find someone with proven track record and ensure they get paid properly.  I don't have the technical knowledge to ensure this happens but I think we can overcome this by Sunday.

4) Community : I think there are way to many people here that are just out to make a quick buck and don't care about this coin at all.  I would like to see long term success and the only way that will happen is with a solid community.  If we can, lets drop the people that don't care about this coin at all.

5) Refunds : I think the CEO has to be honest what is possible here. I assume he spent most/all of the initial seed money on GPUs (as he said he would).  If someone wants a refund he should get it writing, calculate how much money people are requesting for a direct refund, see if they would be interested in trading for a GPU and perhaps determine a pay back strategy.  This issue is probably the most sensitive and I'm guessing that people are going to get upset about this no matter what (understandably).  I also think that this is what might scare the CEO the most and make him most likely to "run".  If we could be reasonable about things I think we can overcome this.

I agree with you especially in light of #2.  However, the concern of myself and the other investors is if this is how he behaved when we haven't even launched yet, how is is he going to handle problems after we launch?  Is he going to not listen, string people on and go awol every time an issue comes up?  Reputation goes a long way here and if the coin gets a bad rep, then it won't be worth anything.  Last night Polo exchange got hacked.  The CEO IMMEDIATELY COMMUNICATED what happened, apologized, came up with a fair course of action, announced it and implemented it.  That is the way you run a business.   Problems are always going to come up , its how you react to them that makes or breaks you.

All I can say is that he needs to go along way to prove himself.

Abitcoinfuture

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:21:31 PM

So do we have a re re re re re launch ETA yet?
flasheart

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

90% of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:34:34 PM

So do we have a re re re re re launch ETA yet?

surprised we don't have a "re-re" coin yet

FLASHEART COMPUTRONIC AND CRYPTOGRAPHIC MINING DISPENSARY

EAC: ejivtoN3m1FmNvN8N3E4gSh8AX6XNMhzB2 | LTC: LVqAT6xBbxytnZ4ndVgD2BQNUtb6Dv59Cn | BTC: 187P7jMH5VeFCFRNBQcePZkAvEMDZ2JXsb  Anything else isn't worth keeping.
hendr1x

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:36:24 PM

I agree with you especially in light of #2.  However, the concern of myself and the other investors is if this is how he behaved when we haven't even launched yet, how is is he going to handle problems after we launch?  Is he going to not listen, string people on and go awol every time an issue comes up?  Reputation goes a long way here and if the coin gets a bad rep, then it won't be worth anything.  Last night Polo exchange got hacked.  The CEO IMMEDIATELY COMMUNICATED what happened, apologized, came up with a fair course of action, announced it and implemented it.  That is the way you run a business.   Problems are always going to come up , its how you react to them that makes or breaks you.

All I can say is that he needs to go along way to prove himself.

I'm with you 100%.  These situations get get pretty overwhelming and I don't think everyone is cut out for all the forum posts, emails, chats etc. etc.  Looking at his actions I feel like he made two mistakes. 1) He trusted the wrong developers / attempted to take on technical tasks he wasn't skilled enough to handle 2) Failed to realize he wasn't up to the PR/communication tasks required and failed to appoint someone that could handle it properly.

Neither are unforgivable in my opinion however the second open I feel is less justifiable.
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:36:39 PM

Due to the tight timeframe, I didn't have time to set up a proper dns seed, so to make the launch time I just put in a hardcoded node, which he was in control of. At launch time, he failed to have this node running, and the blockchain started forking. This wasn't a huge issue, and would have been pretty easy to fix. All he needed to do was get his node up running properly, or hell, even telling all the

My humble recommendation to you is that : you need to provide deployment services as part of your coin creation contract service..

There's just too much that can go wrong in DEPLOYMENT.... not coding, but deployment: vps node setup, dnsseed setup, dns zone config file, iptables setup, etc.  You can't expect someone without an IT background to figure all that stuff out.  

VPS nodes are cheap.. digital river costs pennies.. and there are even cheaper services: checkout bluevm or cloudatcost.  There's really no excuse not to own the whole launch nodes to ensure that things are up and running smoothly ahead of launch.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
hendr1x

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:38:41 PM

And where was Hazard all during the launch??? If you had made a post or two explaining what was going it would have changed everything.  The CEO said you were MIA and I have to believe him because you just causally show up in this thread now.
httpb

Activity: 644
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:38:46 PM

Someone mentioned that scrypt-n can destroy GPU. Is that true?
illiki23

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:43:34 PM

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████

bigjme

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:43:50 PM

Someone mentioned that scrypt-n can destroy GPU. Is that true?

Caused my system to blue screen yesterday on the failed launch. Never had it with any other coins like panda. Keccak is by far the best algorithm you could use. Else people have to pump and dump just to pay their power bills

Owner of: cudamining.co.uk
flasheart

Activity: 140

90% of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:47:16 PM

Due to the tight timeframe, I didn't have time to set up a proper dns seed, so to make the launch time I just put in a hardcoded node, which he was in control of. At launch time, he failed to have this node running, and the blockchain started forking. This wasn't a huge issue, and would have been pretty easy to fix. All he needed to do was get his node up running properly, or hell, even telling all the

My humble recommendation to you is that : you need to provide deployment services as part of your coin creation contract service..

There's just too much that can go wrong in DEPLOYMENT.... not coding, but deployment: vps node setup, dnsseed setup, dns zone config file, iptables setup, etc.  You can't expect someone without an IT background to figure all that stuff out.  

VPS nodes are cheap.. digital river costs pennies.. and there are even cheaper services: checkout bluevm or cloudatcost.  There's really no excuse not to own the whole launch nodes to ensure that things are up and running smoothly ahead of launch.

But the CEO of a company is responsible for the actions the company takes.  As a manager myself I'm not expected to know all the technical details but rather make good decisions and judgment calls to include hiring competent people, communicating, and setting expectations.  How the CEO conducts him/herself during a crisis really shows their metal.  Its not that people cant make mistakes, its how they learn from those mistakes.

Ok, so launch 1 had a mistake.  Ultimately it is the CEO's fault... In addition communication could have been improved and a rash decision to relaunch the coin in 24 hours was made.

Fast forward and the CEO is making the same mistakes... incompetent, or rushed, or sleep deprived developers continuously failing to launch correctly and the CEO is failing to communicate properly or set expectations.  

CEO.  DONT WASTE OUR TIME... Your time is valuable, so is ours.... and there are more of us then you.  That is why its important to set and manage expectations...

In hindsight the CEO should have said after he decided to relaunch that he would consult with developers and provide a status update to the community within 24 hours with a revised timeline to launch the coin.  If he needed a skilled dev team he could have also stated his needs.

The community would have appreciated not being jerked around, wasting hours of their time, etc... and GPU coin would still have a chance.

Again this is my opinion, and opinions are like assholes.

FLASHEART COMPUTRONIC AND CRYPTOGRAPHIC MINING DISPENSARY

EAC: ejivtoN3m1FmNvN8N3E4gSh8AX6XNMhzB2 | LTC: LVqAT6xBbxytnZ4ndVgD2BQNUtb6Dv59Cn | BTC: 187P7jMH5VeFCFRNBQcePZkAvEMDZ2JXsb  Anything else isn't worth keeping.
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: