Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:14:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Government regulation on cryptocurrency, GOOD or BAD?  (Read 3348 times)
deadser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PXUXAKUPDiAAE4QjcVoAuoWyH33wVjz2ci

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:08:05 AM

I think that means that the government has paid attention even though it is cautious and there is also legal clarity in its use. i think it is also natural that the government is aware of some of the crimes you say

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
burnchan

Activity: 240
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:42:21 AM

I think government regulations is good for cryptocurrency. It only implies that if there is regulations, there is recognition on the part of the government.

In that sense, crypto enthusiasts feel more secured and confident with their investment.

I think it will be good for crypto if a government regulates it. Aside from giving an impression of acceptance, regulations would help minimize fraud incidents. Cyber criminals should also be caught. Lastly, a certain crypto business will also draw investors because it has been accredited by the government.
Boris_sahnevich

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:58:32 AM

If the state accepts the crypto currency and begins to regulate it legally, then the economic situation in this country will change. I think that the economy will start to grow.
autotoss

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:15:08 AM

I came to a realization that government had stepped in already in some countries who are accepted and acknowledge cryptocurrency existence. In fact they made a regulations that has made some negative and positve reactions over the implementation of cryptocurrency regulations like doing KYC (Knoy Your Client) on local exchanges, Registering ICO projects to the government agency concerns and etc which purpose is to prevent illegal or abuse in the use of cryptocurrency from money laundering, funding terrorist groups and etc. Well can you say about this regulations, GOOD or BAD?
The formula of that question is Kinda strange, because those regulations are different and they can be good or bad depending on the country and type of regulation that they put on cryptocurrency.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:28:55 AM

The Blockchain wasn’t made for the government to control it. It is an open platform and gives people total freedom and complete control over their money (nobody does it for you, you do it yourself) transactions are being made people from one wallet to the other and also processed by the people too.

Government can only control the money in their possession and banks, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are completely out of their control. They can only stop you from withdrawing money from your wallet/exchange to bank.
Ahmed4200

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:41:02 AM

Regulation is good for a country or for cryptocurrency. In this context, the cryptocurrency payment of the financial institutions of the country will increase due to the fact that people of that country will be loyal to the crypto world and they will be interested in this work. And other countries will come forward to take a new initiative in cryptocurrency.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:25:04 AM

with the regulations from the governments, cryptocurrency has a big chance to be legal so many people will come to the cryptocurrency and they can use cryptocurrency without afraid with anything. it is good for cryptocurrency because cryptocurrency can get legitimate from the governments and cryptocurrency will have a bright future to become a new currency for our life. and after cryptocurrency becomes legal and can be a new currency in every country, cryptocurrency can be used for a new payment system.
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:27:58 PM

I came to a realization that government had stepped in already in some countries who are accepted and acknowledge cryptocurrency existence. In fact they made a regulations that has made some negative and positve reactions over the implementation of cryptocurrency regulations like doing KYC (Knoy Your Client) on local exchanges, Registering ICO projects to the government agency concerns and etc which purpose is to prevent illegal or abuse in the use of cryptocurrency from money laundering, funding terrorist groups and etc. Well can you say about this regulations, GOOD or BAD?

Government regulation is good for cryptocurrency market. It will give more confident for crypto investor and make us more comfort. With regulation, scam ICOs can be reducing and government will protect our investment with that regulation

bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:14:55 PM

good or bad is relative, every rule there must be advantages and disadvantages, but usually the government regulations are made not in a short time, always reviewed repeatedly with careful consideration of thought, and it is done, by a person who is truly competent, so I agree if the government applies the rules to the crypto market at least the risk of security can be minimized
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:36:00 PM

Cryptocurrency doesn't need regulation, bitcoin still works without it.
When cryptocurrency turn into fiat money and vice versa, which happens in exchanges, banks, fintech companies is the point that has to be regulated. It's different if we're discussing government regulates cryptocurrency as means of payment as it has slight chance to compete with the national currency.
Good or bad depends on the perspective of the government, as long as they allow people to trade cryptocurrency, that will be enough.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 01:40:14 PM

It wasn't bad for me at all this days scammers and fraud systems in cryptocurrency arises and we cannot stop it by ourselves as the time goes by it will may be more intense. By this SEC and other country regulations on its own standards on accepting cryptocurrency it will be a good thing to lessen this frauds whilst in some other things it is not good becauae of expose identity to one's who are requesting it like ICOs.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 01:53:51 PM

As my opinion their is a good news and bad news about the government regulation  in cryptocurrencies. The good news is... if the government  regulates cryptocurrencies the scammers can not easily penetrated because their is an agency that looks their credibility if they are legits or scam. But the bad news is... when their is government officials abuses his power to manipulates the price of cryptocurrency.
I agreed with what you said because the government abusive of power is why the crypto currency community don't want to happen and I believe this was the same reason why Satoshi make bitcoin decentralized cause the cryptocurrency community knew what's best for cryptocurrency and they should the one to fix not the government which could do things for their selfish reason.

Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:56:12 PM

Of course by making regulations about bitcoin, the government automatically recognizes bitcoin, I hope that the state will legalize bitcoin so that it can collect taxes so that it can increase state income.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:24:24 PM

I think government regulation of start up in blockchain will curb the rate of scam in cryptocurrency space to it is minimal, at this moment it seen as free terrain where scammer are roaring around and stealing from people.
robotrobert

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:38:26 AM

I think government regulations is good for cryptocurrency. It only implies that if there is regulations, there is recognition on the part of the government.

In that sense, crypto enthusiasts feel more secured and confident with their investment.
Right now as we can see there are negative aspects of bitcoin too. This is being used in underworld. All sort of crimes and problems are being carried out with bitcoin because of its anonymity. No one can trace you back so people are using it for ransomed and all such crimes. So it would be great if government takes some good action and regulate is thoroughly.
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:06:41 AM

The Blockchain wasn’t made for the government to control it.
It may not be for the government but the technology can be adopted in various sectors and government can take advantage of it too.

It is an open platform and gives people total freedom and complete control over their money (nobody does it for you, you do it yourself) transactions are being made people from one wallet to the other and also processed by the people too.
You are talking about cryptocurrency not with blockchain on this part.

Government can only control the money in their possession and banks, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are completely out of their control. They can only stop you from withdrawing money from your wallet/exchange to bank.
This is the bad side but what if the government starts supporting crypto's? many investors will have peaceful mind of starting putting money on it.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

jdiieue123

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:36:48 AM

I do not know in other countries how but for my country the government considers Bitcoin to be white space, not interested and does not work. It is not a viable signal to make the popularity of Bitcoin in the community.
wendiar19

Activity: 470
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:46:08 AM

the government will never be able to provide and implement regulations on cryptocurrency. in my opinion it's very bad because it can make traders confused because these regulatory conditions can be utilized to be able to provide bad news and good news and can manipulate bitcoin prices on the market.

AliciaAndrews12

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:30:53 AM

I think the government's ban on bitcoins in their countries is something BAD, bitcoin can bring to countries that have not developed some of the projected wages they can make, but that's the economy. Developed as strong as Japan and America.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:42:03 AM

I think it depends on what rules the government applies to cryptocurrency. if the regulation is in the form of a ban it will certainly have a negative impact on the crypto market. but if the rules and regulations are made so that both get the same benefits. certainly will have a good influence on the development of bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: