Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:45:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Government regulation on cryptocurrency, GOOD or BAD?  (Read 3348 times)
andriw

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:29:57 AM

If the reason is to prevent illegal or abuse in use of cryptocurrency from money laundering, funding terrorist groups and etc., I think it is GOOD and I agree if I have to do KYC to register in the local exchange, because honestly terrorism must be eradicated from the world.
perfect999

Activity: 1610
Merit: 299

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:27:10 AM

I think it's all right.It should be.Cryptocurrency should be used for good deeds and not for money laundering and terrorist financing.
Like you, I also hate misuse of crypto currencies by criminals. This is one of the reason why digital coins are not trusted by many people and governments are against the use of them. However, I am also not in favor of government taking away the freedom that holders are enjoying at the moment. Regulations have its own pros and cons but the trade is not a good one for sure.
Zero504

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:02:38 AM

I think regulation mean that cryptocurrency is legal in that country.  So it is GOOD.

As long as the government did not over power there right in implementing rules and regulations they used. This is a good thing if the both parties benefits from one another. Therefore the bitcoin users will be happy at the same the government will. It is really a good thing.

the government must not intervene in full policy, they only need to make a strong transaction regulation and stay focused on the development and potential generated.

if they do not regulate, the fate of crypto currencies will never see clarity, and if this continues, fraud will increase and eventually destroy the minds of many new people involved in it.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:14:18 AM

I think regulation mean that cryptocurrency is legal in that country.  So it is GOOD.

As long as the government did not over power there right in implementing rules and regulations they used. This is a good thing if the both parties benefits from one another. Therefore the bitcoin users will be happy at the same the government will. It is really a good thing.

the government must not intervene in full policy, they only need to make a strong transaction regulation and stay focused on the development and potential generated.

if they do not regulate, the fate of crypto currencies will never see clarity, and if this continues, fraud will increase and eventually destroy the minds of many new people involved in it.

there are governments  that are corrupt and there are other who dont , so i guess that will still depend .  though in my own opinion i think  cryptos does not need any regulations ever because i already see and feel that cryptos are doing a good job and many people (inluding me ) are already used to it . therfor i think crypto regulation are a bad thing .  

Cryptocurrency regulations I believe is good for us bounty hunters and investors especially the one mention which is registering ICO projects in a government agency that will handle this to avoid getting scam and so that our bounty campaign participation won't be a waste of time like what had happened today wherein 80% of the ICO does not pay off right after the ICO ends.

we can still do something in order to avoid getting scammed by ico's and regulation is not the answer to the scamming .  scammer is already part of the chain . you cant just stop them all because they can always create a new profile and change thier identity in order to scam again .
MoreMoneyHunt

Activity: 227
Merit: 1

IQCash

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:14:23 AM

The government regulations are like the two sides of a coin. The regulations come with their own pros and cons for the crypto market in general. If crypto adhere to government regulations and gradually meet the acceptance of the governments, the FUD created in the people will be minimized and this will cause a lot of investors to move to the crypto industry.
On the other hand, crypto will cease to be decentralized thereby subjecting all transactions to authoritative third party involvement (the government).

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
tamradhwaj

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:36:11 AM

For me government regulation means mass adoption, as more and more people will feel more comfortable to invest their money in Crypto Currencies. And we all know that when more money comes into crypto, the prices of everything usually goes up. and it is the best thing for crypto world.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:51:11 PM

Cryptocurrency regulations I believe is good for us bounty hunters and investors especially the one mention which is registering ICO projects in a government agency that will handle this to avoid getting scam and so that our bounty campaign participation won't be a waste of time like what had happened today wherein 80% of the ICO does not pay off right after the ICO ends.
As long as the government did not over power there right in implementing rules and regulations they used. This is a good thing if the both parties benefits from one another. Therefore the bitcoin users will be happy at the same the government will. It is really a good thing for both parties since both are benefiting and growing as different entity.
CryptomartN

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:59:26 PM

I would prefer cryptocurrency is not regulated by the government.
Eros1on

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:59:36 PM

Government regulation of encryption certainly has a short-term impact on prices, but in the long run, after regulatory compliance, prices are sure to keep rising.

Reality5

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:00:13 PM

The regulation may have some positive impact. Please don't condemn it completely.
Underlord

Activity: 145

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:00:44 PM

well, we can't see whether it's good or bad because those two things must exist when crypto already has regulations. if there is no regulation, crypto can circulate freely and all transactions can be carried out without a third party and only require a small extra fee, but the downside is that it will be able to bring down the national currency if transactions are carried out on a large scale and can cause criminal issues such as laundering money, etc.
Conversely, if regulations are implemented, the attractiveness of the crypto decentralization system will be lost because of third party interference. All impacts depend on the regulations that the government makes, certain limitations may need to be reviewed.
inspirone1

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:35:13 PM

I came to a realization that government had stepped in already in some countries who are accepted and acknowledge cryptocurrency existence. In fact they made a regulations that has made some negative and positve reactions over the implementation of cryptocurrency regulations like doing KYC (Knoy Your Client) on local exchanges, Registering ICO projects to the government agency concerns and etc which purpose is to prevent illegal or abuse in the use of cryptocurrency from money laundering, funding terrorist groups and etc. Well can you say about this regulations, GOOD or BAD?
Again it depends on the government that we're talking about because if we will take account on Thailand they made a regulations that are positive and good for the cryptocurrency community overall.

ORVIUM          Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain          ORVIUM
█      Whitepaper         Telegram         Twitter         Facebook         Reddit         Blog     
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Dimon8

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:34:59 PM

Government regulation of crypto is good for the state, but for the population of this state it is bad. In my country, many people have official income very low, and they are forced to earn a living informally (not to pay taxes).
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:12:55 PM

Government regulation of crypto is good for the state, but for the population of this state it is bad. In my country, many people have official income very low, and they are forced to earn a living informally (not to pay taxes).

Taxes is really necessary to improve the economy but the only problem are those government members who are stealing money in the community which makes every people to hate their leaders and avoid paying taxes.

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:13:41 PM

I came to a realization that government had stepped in already in some countries who are accepted and acknowledge cryptocurrency existence. In fact they made a regulations that has made some negative and positve reactions over the implementation of cryptocurrency regulations like doing KYC (Knoy Your Client) on local exchanges, Registering ICO projects to the government agency concerns and etc which purpose is to prevent illegal or abuse in the use of cryptocurrency from money laundering, funding terrorist groups and etc. Well can you say about this regulations, GOOD or BAD?
In a perfect world we will not need regulation and everything will be fine, but right now there are so many scammers trying to deceive icos that some call for regulation of the market of icos, and right now I am undecided about this, government regulation will definitely reduce the number of scams but I do not like it, in the other hand if enough people lose their money the market of icos will get smaller or even disappear but it seems there are always fools throwing their money at them.

It's true, regulation can help us with scams but not only with that.
Regulation and legal back up will help Bitcoin to get more accepted and introduced in legal businesses and economy. Also, people will have more confidence in something that is legaly regulated so demand will increase and that could lead to price increase.
To my opinion regulation is good and needed.
But that is why it is difficult for me to accept it, I know that what you are saying is correct but I still resist to accept regulation because that is one of the main reasons of bitcoin to exist, to do whatever you want with your money, to have complete control over it, but people are so used to be protected by the government and not to think that it is possible that the governments could take control of this market that way.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:25:57 PM

The regulation of the government about the KYC was somehow good and bad. It was good because they will know who are their participants. But the bad side of it was sometimes they will just announced it after the campaign. Then people who doesn't have valid id especially student are not able to get their rewards. It was like they waste their time posting for nothing.
t3ChNo

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:32:42 PM

It should be good IMO. Should bring more people adopting crypto plus a fact that a government accepted crypto.
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:33:57 PM

Government regulation in cryptocurrency is sure a very good development as it will add value to the existence of the crypto space, this will also ensure there is a reduction in scam and hackers activities, as monitoring system will be made available.
ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:57:19 PM

I would prefer cryptocurrency is not regulated by the government.
Not everywhere buy at some places, I have seen a lot of countries which regulated crypto currency because they realized that it is good for country for all those people who has no other source of earning so they are using crypto currency investment to reach their goals, in my place yet it is not regulated but it will be regular soon, I think regulation of bitcoin will leave a good impact on our life so we should not refuse it.
Dark Sky

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:02:26 PM

Government regulation in cryptocurrency is sure a very good development as it will add value to the existence of the crypto space, this will also ensure there is a reduction in scam and hackers activities, as monitoring system will be made available.
yes government can play a good character for this currency if they accept in every country because some countries faced many difficulties by government so that's why if they fear to accept this currency so they should make a group for start a campaign to check those people who are involved for scamming in this currency so that's why scammer and fraud people will never success in their aim because bitcoin is the most important currency for everyone and that's why people are getting a lot of benefits for make their easy life. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: