Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:06:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 750 GH/s - 3TH/s Miners from $3565 - www.bitcoinultra.co.uk  (Read 30572 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:21:24 AM

much relevance, product best wow...

when's the day trip to yarksheer?Huh?

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:55:36 AM

Thanks. How are you going to achieve 0.65W/GH when Bitmine is running at 1W/GH?

How many chips are you using in the 3TH model?

We aren't running our chips in any kind of "Turbo Mode" which is keeping our power usage to 0.65W/GH with each chip producing 31.25GH/s

Our Enigma 4 model which can hash 3TH/s has 96 ASIC chips. They are mounted with 12 chips to a board, 2 boards to a module and 4 modules in this unit (I hope that all makes sense  Smiley )

er imho you should sell the unit for less  $$$ and include the option of getting it w/o the power supply (if you are compatible with standard supplies)
for shipping it also would help costs...knc did not ship power supplies w/units they said because it was an issue in some countries...ie they opened up the unit
and looked ? not sure why ...anyway it is on the KNC FAQ someplace

anyway could get your unit down in price and make it more competive imho a lot of us have no problems getting even a high end unit like
a corsair 1200i with enough notice of what is needed

anyway make it an option it will make your units more attractive in price and less hassle for you imho

Searing

+1 this would also make it more attractive for me too. As long as the price drop is realistic consideration of what the required PSU might cost.
bitcoinultra (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 10:02:00 AM

er imho you should sell the unit for less  $$$ and include the option of getting it w/o the power supply (if you are compatible with standard supplies)
for shipping it also would help costs...knc did not ship power supplies w/units they said because it was an issue in some countries...ie they opened up the unit

anyway could get your unit down in price and make it more competive imho a lot of us have no problems getting even a high end unit like

anyway make it an option it will make your units more attractive in price and less hassle for you imho

Searing

Thanks for your suggestions.

At the minute we have all four units designed to fit into neat looking cases, if we went down a route of an optional power supply would people be happy with the power leads trailing out of the back (Similar to the KNC)?

We have about 10 days until we need to commit to our final case designs

ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:39:28 AM

We aren't running our chips in any kind of "Turbo Mode" which is keeping our power usage to 0.65W/GH with each chip producing 31.25GH/s

Our Enigma 4 model which can hash 3TH/s has 96 ASIC chips. They are mounted with 12 chips to a board, 2 boards to a module and 4 modules in this unit (I hope that all makes sense  Smiley )

31.25GH/s is 'turbo' mode, considering A1 nominal 25GH/s. 25% increase over nominal speed, yet with nominal power usage?
I would like to know at what voltage, and what internal frequency chip is running?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 01:31:04 PM

er imho you should sell the unit for less  $$$ and include the option of getting it w/o the power supply (if you are compatible with standard supplies)

Searing

At the minute we have all four units designed to fit into neat looking cases, if we went down a route of an optional power supply would people be happy with the power leads trailing out of the back (Similar to the KNC)?

Answer my email and I can help you with all these issues.

pvnamk19

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:31:51 PM

We do love the KnC style and do not need neat looking cases because many guys will take off their "clothes" for cooling  Grin Grin Grin
Removing PSU will decrease prices and Customs troubles also for customers; we just need a clear PSU requirement.

Hope this new miner come true soon!
raskul

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:40:32 PM

We do love the KnC style and do not need neat looking cases because many guys will take off their "clothes" for cooling  Grin Grin Grin
Removing PSU will decrease prices and Customs troubles also for customers; we just need a clear PSU requirement.

Hope this new miner come true soon!

+1
all my rigs get totally 'stripped' regardless of how sexy they look, the get put on a windowsill by an open window with extra fans pulling cold air into the rigging...  because of this I get a stable ~+12% hashrate - and the warm air is circulated from the office room to the living room, saves me putting the heating on during the day  Grin

KyrosKrane

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 01:42:54 PM

This looks interesting, but those prices are rather scary. They're not much different than the price per gigahash of Antminer S1's, and while I don't discount the value of reduced power usage or having one unit versus 4-16 Antminers -- the difference is I can get an S1 today. That's a full six weeks of hashing before your best-case estimate of shipping. In the bitcoin world, that's the difference between profitability and an expensive room heater.

More to the point, I'm pretty confident that within six weeks, the price of the Antminers will drop substantially. That would put your devices at an even bigger disadvantage.

Tips and donations: 1KyrosREGDkNLp1rMd9wfVwfkXYHTd6j5U  |  BTC P2Pool node: p2pool.kyros.info:9332
bitcoinultra (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 02:29:04 PM

Thanks for everyone's input regarding our new hardware. Following the input from the forum along with the emails and phone calls we have received we will be removing the power supply from our units and offer it as an option

We will be publishing all the final technical specifications hopefully at the end of this week, and by next week we will also be sending out a couple of test units to some forum members which has already been arranged.

@Dogie I have sent you a PM
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:39:33 PM

Searing

one thing i learned as a knc oct 555gh owner...it has made 42 coins for me on slush so far...it could look like a toaster for all i care....cost and the fact that the knc unit has been up w/o interuption except for when i bumped table (twice) (get an isobar6plug surge protector it comes with insurance in case of surge..like 72 bucks on www.newegg.com but touchy touchy if you brush the table) and when i did like 3 upgrades of the firmware ...not bad for 24/7 since oct...so imho who cares.......the $$$ saved in shipping to usa from UK and the fact that it probably will have more air flow is all the reason i need..if it runs as good as the knc unit it will be golden
Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:24:23 PM

31.25GH/s is definitely an OC over nominal. Bitmine is running five 8-chip boards to produce 1TH/s with a bit worse than 1J/GH. That's 25GH/s per chip. Marto74's boards run at around the 32GH/s range and they pull closer to 1.5J/GH at that setting.
I'd love to see your test result showing 0.65J/GH at 31.25GH/s per chip.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:11:12 PM

er imho you should sell the unit for less  $$$ and include the option of getting it w/o the power supply (if you are compatible with standard supplies)

Searing

Dont include a power supply - there are a ton of reasons.
1) it adds a lot of shipping weight - perhaps an extra $10-30
2) you probably will not get them any cheaper then the end-consumer
3) some buyers have power supplies, AND/OR will use server power supplies that are much cheaper

I would do what KNC did and include tails. Perhaps even include a small distribution bar for the tails (ie: a few nice big ring/screw terminals for bare power leads, and a bunch of PCI sockets that would connect to the unit's PCI tails) so that anyone running a raw 12V PSU that doesnt include any sort of connectors can run some fat 12V cable to the unit without needing to do all sorts of splicing to make it compatible with a PCI connector

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:53:26 PM

Searing

3) some buyers have power supplies, AND/OR will use server power supplies that are much cheaper

I would do what KNC did and include tails. Perhaps even include a small distribution bar for the tails (ie: a few nice big ring/screw terminals for bare power leads, and a bunch of PCI sockets that would connect to the unit's PCI tails) so that anyone running a raw 12V PSU that doesnt include any sort of connectors can run some fat 12V cable to the unit without needing to do all sorts of splicing to make it compatible with a PCI connector
Don't forget the different power cables across the world.

Let the costumers buy the PSU, In the end it will probaly same them money.
jayson001

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:17:16 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 01:20:07 AM by jayson001

It seems to me that bitcoinultra has no real miners running for stability testing at the present time, which means that their products are still in the lab. There are too much uncertainty between the lab and production. Stability testing could take much longer time than we thought. Stability is critical and time is vital in btc mining. If there is any delay, the buyer will be screwed up again. I would recommend cautions.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:17:06 AM

great suggestions... if i may add... please make the modules easily removable so that they can be bubble wrapped individually, replaced or screwed firmly to avoid damage during shipping just like those avalons... also silent but powerful fans would be awesome..

Searing

bitcoin_miner

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:00:56 AM

I hope senior member in uk can visit office to check this is real or scam..

raskul

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:17:32 AM

There are too much uncertainty between the lab and production. Stability testing could take much longer time than we thought. Stability is critical and time is vital in btc mining.

agreed, look at hashfast, customer pressure for timely shipping forced them to send out unstable babyjets in batch one, but that's a pre-order market. However, in this case, there is no caution required, as we won't be paying for anything until the units are stacked up in bitcoinultra warehouse, and will have been fully tested, and the building-order-shipping process totally assured.

nytrolic

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:26:41 AM

You didn't read the thread, did you?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
bitcoin_miner

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:49:35 AM

You didn't read the thread, did you?

yes, I known in first thread about this :

Please note: we contacted forum admin miningbuddy a couple of weeks ago and he has agreed to test and review our boards

bitcoinultra in UK and admin miningbuddy UK also. I hope miningbuddy will make sure member bitcointalk to buy products bitcoinultra.

I'll wait news for this products

MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:57:59 PM

I'm planning on going up sometime between the 4th - 7th March. Do you guys have any special requests?
If anyone is planning to go visit at the same kind of time I can give you a lift from Birmingham way (throw me a PM).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: