Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:05:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 750 GH/s - 3TH/s Miners from $3565 - www.bitcoinultra.co.uk  (Read 30572 times)
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:04:13 PM

^^ agreed. and as well we all know, building a mining rig, there are ALWAYS going to be initial stability issues that need ironed out.

I was talking more about whether I think V4Vendettas will lose his money (which I can't see how he can if he used a UK credit card) rather than how stable any miner they might deliver will be...

donations not accepted

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:10:42 PM

^^ agreed. and as well we all know, building a mining rig, there are ALWAYS going to be initial stability issues that need ironed out.

I was talking more about whether I think V4Vendettas will lose his money (which I can't see how he can if he used a UK credit card) rather than how stable any miner they might deliver will be...

aye, I was agreeing with your thinking... the comment on stability issues was regarding (if this is genuine) the on-time shipping.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
nottm28

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:12:44 PM

aye, I was agreeing with your thinking... the comment on stability issues was regarding (if this is genuine) the on-time shipping.

Then I stand corrected my Scottish (and still UK hopefully) friend Smiley

donations not accepted
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:14:22 PM

Then I stand corrected my Scottish (and still UK hopefully) friend Smiley

it's a big fat X in the NO box from me my friend Wink

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
faxfan2002

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:19:10 PM

I'll probably give this a punt, if I order on a certain date I won't have to pay the credit card for 40 days, if it's not delivered I'll just claim it back from the credit card company before the bill is due.

(subject to seeing a video and stuff as above)
firejuan

Activity: 256

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 09:41:55 PM

Damn, why can't these companies get their stuff together.  I was ready to buy a rig now I question whether it is worth the wait and/or hassle if this is not legit.  I guess I will have to wait and see the specs on the S2.

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:43:29 PM

S2 will be great I think
nottm28

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:45:39 PM

Damn, why can't these companies get their stuff together.  I was ready to buy a rig now I question whether it is worth the wait and/or hassle if this is not legit.  I guess I will have to wait and see the specs on the S2.

If these companies got their shit together like say Starbucks, then everyone would want one. Bitcoin mining is a risky business, that's why some people enjoy it...

[edit] must admit I have my eye on one of these - will use paypal if I do which is easier to charge-back than even a credit card...

donations not accepted
Billsonl

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:59:41 PM

Damn, why can't these companies get their stuff together.  I was ready to buy a rig now I question whether it is worth the wait and/or hassle if this is not legit.  I guess I will have to wait and see the specs on the S2.

If these companies got their shit together like say Starbucks, then everyone would want one. Bitcoin mining is a risky business, that's why some people enjoy it...

[edit] must admit I have my eye on one of these - will use paypal if I do which is easier to charge-back than even a credit card...

is it just me?  I unable to paid with PayPay.  I only see credit card paymentn option
firejuan

Activity: 256

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 10:09:34 PM

NO paypal, BTC, or Amazon payment (whatever that is)....I guess they went over their paypal limit or have been reading this thread

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:12:18 PM

The worst of all is that is new company and have not  good promotion with payment

The only company  that sell bitcoin miner

And not accept bit coin payment  Kiss Kiss
nottm28

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:12:58 PM

NO paypal, BTC, or Amazon payment (whatever that is)....I guess they went over their paypal limit or have been reading this thread

Indeed - note of caution - removal of payment methods is a classic...

donations not accepted
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:33:57 PM

So as I understand it people like myself and others here use paypal and Ccards to buy these miners. If scam then who is the target ? If the Paypals been removed and they don't accept btc or anything other than CC then it stands to reason the target is those purchasing with CC.

Or has anyone here been paying over the phone and we don't know about it ?

nottm28

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:43:50 PM

So as I understand it people like myself and others here use paypal and Ccards to buy these miners. If scam then who is the target ? If the Paypals been removed and they don't accept btc or anything other than CC then it stands to reason the target is those purchasing with CC.

For me I think you are OK V4Vendettas since you paid CC. The possible scam is that you were a 'test' payer where they accept a few CC/paypal payments, gain feedback and trust, then switch to BTC only payments. You'd be CRAZY to send BTC direct unless they become WELL established.

For you, you have the comfort of being able to phone your credit card company and getting your money back - albeit with a pile of hassle - and no miner.

For others, the risk is that they 'buy in' based on a few success stories and lose their coins. Still could be a legit company, that website is no small effort.

[edit] My advice is only buy with paypal or credit card - or better still sit back for a bit - they're not shipping for a while yet...

donations not accepted
V4Vendettas

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:52:30 PM

For me I think you are OK V4Vendettas since you paid CC. The possible scam is that you were a 'test' payer where they accept a few CC/paypal payments, gain feedback and trust, then switch to BTC only payments. You'd be CRAZY to send BTC direct unless they become WELL established.

For you, you have the comfort of being able to phone your credit card company and getting your money back - albeit with a pile of hassle - and no miner.

For others, the risk is that they 'buy in' based on a few success stories and lose their coins. Still could be a legit company, that website is no small effort.

Yea I had considered that an option but as far as I can see they have not accepted btc from anyone ( jump in anyone and tell us if thats not the case) .  At this stage it seems like a lot of effort to go to just to abuse the credit card information they have from us. Does not make sense unless I'm missing something.

Ofc if the next step is btc payments come on-line yea don't touch it until the rest of us actually see some hardware.

nottm28

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:01:40 PM

Yea I had considered that an option but as far as I can see they have not accepted btc from anyone ( jump in anyone and tell us if thats not the case) .  At this stage it seems like a lot of effort to go to just to abuse the credit card information they have from us. Does not make sense unless I'm missing something.

Ofc if the next step is btc payments come on-line yea don't touch it until the rest of us actually see some hardware.

Well, if it is a simple credit card number grabbing exercise then you are protected from that too by your CC company - by UK law. You'll be able to make a credit card 'charge back' and the recipient will not receive the funds (unless you acted in a 'wreckless' way - which is unlikely and also a bit vague under UK law). Although you are then exposed to the potential of ID theft for other purposes.

Let's see if your miner arrives (and if they change to BTC only payments etc) - I am hoping this company is good to go - no import taxes if so...

donations not accepted
V4Vendettas

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:12:26 PM

Yea I know right! Grin I want nothing more than this company to be real and be successful.

CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:02:08 AM

I ordered 4 and I have absolutely no worries about losing my money.
And even if there is a longer unreasonable delay or inferior product that does not work as intended then Section 75 will be the answer if the company refuses to cooperate.
After all the bank is equally responsible as the merchant for this sale.
If there was no CC payment, then I wouldn't have ordered.
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:14:28 AM

I think it's likely that Monday morning will provide some clarity to the situation. I expect the weekend may have been used for personal time, working on miners, other and that Monday will be back to business - that's my gut hope anyways.

Was not there some offers from members there to do a road trip for verification purposes? is that still a consideration? I'm willing to donate to some community-respected senior members to take a Truth-Trip, grab some snaps and post said snaps a la forum - Perhaps we can start a "Truth-Trip-Trust" to finance the quintessential query quest to the recluse rurality of Rotherham.

I want to go, but I am in the process of buying a new car as the current one is rubbish (Corsa 1999) and the 3 hour journey would be a nightmare  Grin
If I manage to find what I am looking for and decide to go I might take some donations for fuel (around £60 from London return).
V4Vendettas

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:26:05 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 07:17:27 AM by V4Vendettas

I think it's likely that Monday morning will provide some clarity to the situation. I expect the weekend may have been used for personal time, working on miners, other and that Monday will be back to business - that's my gut hope anyways.

Was not there some offers from members there to do a road trip for verification purposes? is that still a consideration? I'm willing to donate to some community-respected senior members to take a Truth-Trip, grab some snaps and post said snaps a la forum - Perhaps we can start a "Truth-Trip-Trust" to finance the quintessential query quest to the recluse rurality of Rotherham.

I want to go, but I am in the process of buying a new car as the current one is rubbish (Corsa 1999) and the 3 hour journey would be a nightmare  Grin
If I manage to find what I am looking for and decide to go I might take some donations for fuel (around £60 from London return).

I lost 73 btc in gox I have 0.80 left. I am willing to donate if you will go (wont be much) but I'm sure others would chip in also.

Edit: Also good morning Chris might be worth having a little read over this weekends discussions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: