Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:15:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is A joke and will never last.  (Read 19767 times)
Neis234 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:33:31 PM

This thread is a joke.

Go try out Visa, Mastercard, etc... I'm sure you'll love the 3-5 business day "confirmation times" and extra fees as an added bonus.

and besides, if Bitcoin doesn't succeed, another cryptocurrency will with shorter required confirmations. now go back to your troll hole.

I agree another Crypto currency may take over but if it has the same limitations as bitcoin it will also not succeed. Lets be realistic. I can make a transaction with Visa in an instant with next to no fee. I am currently waiting for a transfer between wallets that has taken over 4 hours and now has a double spend error attached to it. I am semi computer literate and can not imagine why an everyday person would take the risk besides hoping to make some money off the roller coaster that is Bitcoin. Bitcoin is around for no other reason then bitcoins sake. You can call me what you like but I will assure you 100% that Bitcoin will never become mainstream in its current state.

I have done transactions before and the time frame is problematic. You are wrong! Bitcoin in its current state will be used for nothing more then selling and trading with its self.

PS. bring it on mother fuckers. If you can not see the limitations with Bitcoin you are a dumb ass bitch.

op has obviously never run a business. op is not aware of the 3% hidden tax on all cc transactions. op,was never around back in the day when they had to make copies of cc and call them in when cards first came out. op has not read nor does he understand the revolutionary idea brought forth nor does he care to.  

op - no one is forcing you to be here. gtfo.

You are correct,  I have never ran a buisness. Nor has the majority of the population.  You do not seem to understand or are trying not to. Im sure their will eventully be a crypto currency that is adopted and used by the mainstream. While btc has a nice headstart it has too many negative attributes to become mainstream. If there is going to be a mainstream crypto currency it will have to be much more user friendly then btc.

You need to be able to buy stuff instantly. Im sure its fine if you are sitting in a restaurant for 20 minutes. But when you have to use that same currency to buy petrol,  Mcdonalds, shopping etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 10:37:54 PM

This thread is a joke.

Go try out Visa, Mastercard, etc... I'm sure you'll love the 3-5 business day "confirmation times" and extra fees as an added bonus.

and besides, if Bitcoin doesn't succeed, another cryptocurrency will with shorter required confirmations. now go back to your troll hole.

I agree another Crypto currency may take over but if it has the same limitations as bitcoin it will also not succeed. Lets be realistic. I can make a transaction with Visa in an instant with next to no fee. I am currently waiting for a transfer between wallets that has taken over 4 hours and now has a double spend error attached to it. I am semi computer literate and can not imagine why an everyday person would take the risk besides hoping to make some money off the roller coaster that is Bitcoin. Bitcoin is around for no other reason then bitcoins sake. You can call me what you like but I will assure you 100% that Bitcoin will never become mainstream in its current state.

I have done transactions before and the time frame is problematic. You are wrong! Bitcoin in its current state will be used for nothing more then selling and trading with its self.

PS. bring it on mother fuckers. If you can not see the limitations with Bitcoin you are a dumb ass bitch.

op has obviously never run a business. op is not aware of the 3% hidden tax on all cc transactions. op,was never around back in the day when they had to make copies of cc and call them in when cards first came out. op has not read nor does he understand the revolutionary idea brought forth nor does he care to.  

You are correct,  I have never ran a buisness. Nor has the majority of the population.  You do not seem to understand or are trying not to. Im sure their will eventully be a crypto currency that is adopted and used by the mainstream. While btc has a nice headstart it has too many negative attributes to become mainstream. If there is going to be a mainstream crypto currency it will have to be much more user friendly then btc.

You need to be able to buy stuff instantly. Im sure its fine if you are sitting in a restaurant for 20 minutes. But when you have to use that same currency to buy petrol,  Mcdonalds, shopping etc.

I've bought gift cards instantly which were then used to buy stuff.  This all happened in the timeframe of 40 seconds or so.  Most companies that are accepting bitcoin are expected to allow 0 confirmation transactions up to a certain dollar amount.  Dollar amounts greater than 500 dollars should require a confirmation.  You are getting hung up on the idea of needing confirmations.  

Wallets show unconfirmed transactions instantly 98 percent of the time.

Jomppe

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:43:15 PM

I don't know how else to explain it - than BTC is already old-fashioned in itself. It may be of value - but all it is is a wallet where you can send/receive and hold a balance that's it.

A futuristic currency need more than that to be attractive to the masses.
Logic increment values (pay in decimal increments or sub values is too confusing) is one of them. But there are many more.

I am not able to explain to you which other features, because I am not a developer just a user - but the currency I'm currently looking at has all the visions I would like to see.

Yep I agree in the easiness of x-border use w/o fees and so forth. But that can be achieved by all currencies.

I think You would be very satisfied with WDC.
The total coin supply is limited (like BTC), the purchases has the first confirmation within 30 seconds (with BTC it takes 10 minutes for 1st confirmation). WDC transaction is FULLY confirmed and clear within 60 seconds ONLY.

I believe in cryptocurrencies and I have made some money also with BitCoins, but I did my due diligence on WorldCoin and I found it to be The Crypto currency.

I am sure all the BitCoin people know this in their backbone that BTC is not the final coin that will really take over.
The coin that can be better used for average Jills and Jacks is WorldCoin. Merchants cannot simply accept BTC because it is too slow - it is definetely one problem the merchants face when dealing with Bitcoins.
However, WDC has all the features the revolutionary cryptocoin needs: stable money supply, FAST fully confirmed transactions (the best among the cryptos so far), strong community that has been dedicated despite the obstacles. The road has been and will be rocky but the thing I admire in WorldCoin is that they core people there are so dedicated to make the coin the choice of everybody's daily life.

Everybody who tries how fast the WDC is will fall in love the coin.

Oh, and the price is low now also - your bitcoins have strong purchasing power over WDC currently.  Wink
Neis234 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:43:26 PM

Look everyone, this is a pointless argument.  Some people won't get it until they are left behind in the dust.  However, we do need people like him...just not yet.

I hate to use the "there are two kinds of people" argument, but it is somewhat true in many cases.  Or at least, there are two general mindsets of people, and anyone that falls on either extreme generally seems kinda crazy.

One mindset fears change, and holds on to what they know, or even want to reverse progress.  Lets call this cautious.

One mindset is not satisfied with the status quo, and want to move forward to newer, better (hopefully) ideas.  Lets call this adventurous.

Both sides are necessary for the advancement of humanity. 

The mindset of the cautious helps to keep us from going down the wrong paths as a whole.  If a new "advancement" truly has enough negatives about it, then the cautious side can often sway a large portion of the adventurous to not pursue it too quickly, and over time, if those negatives are realized, they will only impact a small portion of the population that did not listen.

The mindset of the adventurous helps to keep driving us forward, and innovating.  We find new ways to do things, which are not always better, but when we find one that we believe IS better, we try to share it with those that will listen.  We even will attempt to convince the cautious that our new way is better, and if there are enough positives about it, then we will succeed in convincing enough to come over to move bring it mainstream.  At this point, the overly, stubbornly cautious have been left behind, and must try to play catchup, or become bitter and resentful, but at least the majority made it over in time to adjust.

At that point, the cautious who made the switch can begin to root themselves in the new ideas, and create a new status quo security blanket around themselves.  They build, stick to what they now know, and defend it fiercely.  Some who were left behind will often try to pull their comrades backwards, and even have a bit of success sometimes, but not if the idea is strong enough.  The adventurous go back to pushing the boundaries, and trying to find new ways to get ahead, or change things up.  The cycle repeats over and over.

That is how human advancement works, in a really simplified way.  This guy is obviously a troll, or he is one of the stubbornly cautious.  If it is the second, then I feel really bad for him.  His life is going to become very difficult over the next decade or two.  Everything he holds dear is going to be ripped away in the whirlwind of a new software-based technological revolution.  So, be easy on him.   Grin

I think you posted in the wrong thread.

No one here is against crypto currencies.  All we are saying is that we dont believe Bitcoin is the one that will succeed.  For reasons stated previously.

So instead of trying to look smarter then everyone else you should perhaps read whats going on first.
Jomppe

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:44:32 PM

This thread is a joke.

You are correct,  I have never ran a buisness. Nor has the majority of the population.  You do not seem to understand or are trying not to. Im sure their will eventully be a crypto currency that is adopted and used by the mainstream. While btc has a nice headstart it has too many negative attributes to become mainstream. If there is going to be a mainstream crypto currency it will have to be much more user friendly then btc.

You need to be able to buy stuff instantly. Im sure its fine if you are sitting in a restaurant for 20 minutes. But when you have to use that same currency to buy petrol,  Mcdonalds, shopping etc.

I've bought gift cards instantly which were then used to buy stuff.  This all happened in the timeframe of 40 seconds or so.  Most companies that are accepting bitcoin are expected to allow 0 confirmation transactions up to a certain dollar amount.  Dollar amounts greater than 500 dollars should require a confirmation.  You are getting hung up on the idea of needing confirmations.  

Wallets show unconfirmed transactions instantly 98 percent of the time.

Personally I do not accept uncorfimed transactions as a business owner.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:41:25 PM

yeah - bad expression from my side I guess - what I mean is that it is too expensive to be attractive to the man on the street.
A truly global coin should be at a price level which makes it more logic to use in daily life.
I think if bitcoin will continue to exist it will be some sort of investment coin - not one to use for daily use - and that's basically what I mean with the man on the street image..
Also it must be easier to use and easy to obtain to everyone.

But all what I have said here is already well know so it is just repeating.

What if i change the name of mBTC to DumbassCoin, and would it be cheap enough for "the man on the street" ?
So far you dont even have a fcking clue or make any valid point about bitcoin's drawback.
LOL you're a joke .
phazon307

Activity: 140

Don't fear Crypto Exchanges go with honest well kn

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:49:53 PM

Hey OP Austin Texas and Seattle Washington just added there own bitcoin atms good luck with your theory lol.

Win up $200.00 usd in bitcoins every hour.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:53:09 PM

I think you posted in the wrong thread.

No one here is against crypto currencies.  All we are saying is that we dont believe Bitcoin is the one that will succeed.  For reasons stated previously.

So instead of trying to look smarter then everyone else you should perhaps read whats going on first.

Ok lets cut the chase what scamcoins are you pumping? Stop stating the fcking bullshit...

How about this, i will make AssCoin that will generate block every 10 secs so you can you have quicker "transactions", i will even make it fancy by using alternating hashing algorithm so you have the good feel about "decentralized" ....

With about 10000 Trillions coins total, you can be a billionaire. Most importantly, you will be one of the "early adopters", wanna jump on this?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 12:07:42 AM

Nobody likes OP, OP is just sad.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:07:56 AM

nxt and nem are the answers! they are the two that will succeed! look it up.. bitcoin may still be the most expencive coin to buy in 10 years.. but nxt and nem will become widely adopted, take down wall street.. for the most part.. if you still think bitcoin is guna be top dog in 2 years.. your living in the past lol

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
phazon307

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:33:16 AM

nxt and nem are the answers! they are the two that will succeed! look it up.. bitcoin may still be the most expencive coin to buy in 10 years.. but nxt and nem will become widely adopted, take down wall street.. for the most part.. if you still think bitcoin is guna be top dog in 2 years.. your living in the past lol
Yea said the guy who has a huge stash of those two coins.

xinzark
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:42:33 AM

Hey OP Austin Texas and Seattle Washington just added there own bitcoin atms good luck with your theory lol.

ATM that can cash out real money ?
phazon307

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:48:15 AM

I believe so I know you can buy btc with it and I am pretty sure you can receive funds as well.

phazon307

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:48:46 AM

I believe so I know you can buy btc with it and I am pretty sure you can receive funds as well.
It's on yahoo news.

bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:49:07 AM

What about lost coins?

Lost coins can't be recovered, in the long term a huge amount will be lost, maybe all of them in the really long term.

judek

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:50:42 AM

Yea said the guy who has a huge stash of those two coins.

Bitcoin will most likely adapt in the future but Nem and Nxt will be up there along side it at some point. That is just my opinion though.
lambdaE

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:51:43 AM

Personally I do not accept uncorfimed transactions as a business owner.

You live in the past then. To be competetive, merchants have to accept credit cards which is form of unconfirmed transaction for many months. Even bank transfers can be reversed, your only safe with cash (if not counterfeit Smiley).
shagmitt

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:56:34 AM

I think hes just pulling our legs here guys. Op is holding 100+ btc.
judek

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:57:34 AM

Roll Eyes
Neis234 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:01:25 AM

I am holding some btc. But thats besides the point.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: