Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:26:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is A joke and will never last.  (Read 19764 times)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 01:26:18 PM

Bitcoin is instantaneous. You send your bitcoins with a transaction fee and it flies through the network instantly.

You confuse transactions with confirmations.

Every 10 minutes the transactions are collected and added to the blockchain via mining. To reach the mathematical impossibility of a double spend most people suggest you wait 6 confirmations for full satisfaction that the transaction cannot be charged back.

When you swipe your credit card, you have to wait 18 months for full satisfaction that the transaction cannot be charged back.

Transaction-
Bitcoin: instant
Credit card: instant

No charge back-
Bitcoin: 1 hour
Credit card: 18 months

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:31:38 PM

FU OP
capsqrl

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:34:03 PM

Ladies and Gentleman, WorldCoin is the solution. The transaction is fully confirmed in 60 seconds (sometimes even in 30 seconds).
So slow! FlashCoin confirms in SIX SECONDS! So fast, this is CLEARLY the future. The forgotten pearl!

Norsk Bitcoin-bruker? Kom til /r/BitcoinNO på reddit!
Jomppe

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:39:56 PM

Ladies and Gentleman, WorldCoin is the solution. The transaction is fully confirmed in 60 seconds (sometimes even in 30 seconds).
So slow! FlashCoin confirms in SIX SECONDS! So fast, this is CLEARLY the future. The forgotten pearl!

This is quite fast but I don't think it matters whether the confirmations have been done within 30-60 seconds or 6 seconds.
This 30-60 seconds is just enough (it is around the same time it takes to pay with credit card in the most cases).

However, we all agree BitCoin is far too slow nowdays.
It is not a currency for the future but more like a currency for present time. WorldCoin has enough technical features to replace BitCoin.
However how many knows WorldCoin? It is pretty small number - there is hardly anybody speaking about it.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:41:36 PM

I have recently asked some questions which was the biggest concern for me with Bitcoin and it seems that Bitcoin can't be destoryed and will only be sucessful in the long run.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Jomppe

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:49:54 PM

I have recently asked some questions which was the biggest concern for me with Bitcoin and it seems that Bitcoin can't be destoryed and will only be sucessful in the long run.

But my concern for BitCoin is that if the run is too long and will the more advanced altcoins replace Bitcoin.... Like today, I have been waiting for the transaction to be confirmed for several hours already - still 0 confirmations.
capsqrl

Activity: 444

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:07:46 PM

However how many knows WorldCoin? It is pretty small number - there is hardly anybody speaking about it.
I guarantee you even fewer people know about FlashCoin, so it is truly capable of replacing Bitcoin.

Norsk Bitcoin-bruker? Kom til /r/BitcoinNO på reddit!
terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:18:31 PM

I am currently waiting for a transfer between wallets that has taken over 4 hours and now has a double spend error attached to it.

Tx id ? seems you doing something wrong, like too low fee.
prophette

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:02:09 PM

Not Bitcoin, MtGox is. Please read:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=468765.0
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 03:12:09 PM

Bitcoin is not a joke your fiat money is a joke and it's sad that you embrace it OP. Bitcoin might die but something new or even bitcoion improved will live and give us hope for freedom fiat will not and is not just a joke OP but an evil joke on all the people.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Jomppe

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:29:28 PM

Bitcoin is not a joke your fiat money is a joke and it's sad that you embrace it OP. Bitcoin might die but something new or even bitcoion improved will live and give us hope for freedom fiat will not and is not just a joke OP but an evil joke on all the people.

The strength of BitCoin is it is quite known crypto and it has already succeed. However, the coin is far too slow.
We need to consider faster alternatives (WorldCoin). WorldCoin has already good name - sounds global.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 03:48:53 PM

Actually Bitcoin is the coolest name for a Crypto ever. Worldcoin, Flashcoin, Litecoin, etc. have NOTHING on Bitcoin. You want some Bits? Some Milly Bits? Some Micro Bits? I'll send you a Bit, in a bit. See?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 04:03:55 PM

I can make a transaction with Visa in an instant with next to no fee.

PS. bring it on mother fuckers. If you can not see the limitations with Bitcoin you are a dumb ass bitch.

Fucking idiots will never get it no matter how you explain it to them.  Don't bother trying.

No matter how much you try to explain it to them , but the haters have already made up there mind.

Cyberlight

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:14:46 PM

My response to OP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm81LSKJC2k
dissident

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:44:07 PM

People have not noticed the coin yet though....  Wink
Everybody screams "BITCOIN BITCOIN" and WorldCoin is forgotten pearl.

there are dozens of other altcoins with quick transaction times... what makes your pump better than another pump? I'd argue that something like Ripple that is trying to advertise itself and play fair with the current system stands the best chance. The altcoin that can decentralize the exchange process somehow will do well.  There's still a matter of getting cryptos converted into fiat, which realistically must be possible. Also fraud protection, insurance, and all that fun stuff would be helpful.

People are still not being honest with themselves, what they really want is a good pump so they can 'cash in' from the craze...
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:49:10 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 05:14:44 PM by RodeoX

All of the "things I will never be able to do with bitcoin" are things I have already done.  Huh

I guess this guy learned a lot during the time he made two posts at the forums. What with his big discovery about bitcoins failure and all. Something tells me his foray into "bitcoin investing" has gone awry.  Anyway OP, thanks for the heads up but I am all good.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:06:02 PM

Actually Bitcoin is the coolest name for a Crypto ever. Worldcoin, Flashcoin, Litecoin, etc. have NOTHING on Bitcoin. You want some Bits? Some Milly Bits? Some Micro Bits? I'll send you a Bit, in a bit. See?

Very good you better send me a few bits in a bit my good friend.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Jomppe

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:45:38 PM

Honestly I considered BitCoin as the cryptocurrency since these days.
Now the problems are so severe with incredibly slow confirmation. I paid HIGH fee (0.005 BTC) because this transfer was important to me.
I cannot understand why the BitCoin network did not work.
Personally I do not trust in bitcoins anymore.
I support the small, but more advanced coins (especially WDC).
I think the most guys here are so blind - they do not see that BitCoin is today's technology (it is almost like fiat currency).

Honestly, imagine a merchant who is waiting hours and hours to get the funds confirmed even once (despite the fact that sender uses relatively high fee - how much more higher the fee should be than 0.005 BTC to get processed)?

BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:07:11 PM

The average consumer is not going to partake in bitcoin when transactions can take hours or even days (currently waiting 3+ hours to move money between accounts). Bitcoin is a fad and will never be a real currency due to the massive draw backs that are built into the currency itself and can not be counted. One of the reasons to use Bitcoin was due to the low fees. The fees will continue to raise as mining cost increase and people have to pay higher and higher fees just to get their bitcoin moved to a new location.

You will never be able to walk into a shop and just pay for an item. You will have to wait untill the transaction is confirmed which is currently taking hours and will eventually take days/weeks.

Bitcoin will fail once a better digital currency is introduced.

I'm sure Overstock.com did it's due diligence before excepting it as payment. How many politicians except it as campaign donations? There is also a vast list of retailers who use BTC as an alternate method of payment. Winklevoss twins, wall street investors, Silicon valley CVs, cover of Forbes, article in NY times, mentioned several times on CNBC.  Bitcoin has always been a joke to those who won't take the time to research it. Every person in here worth their weight in salt has a story of how they tried desperately to explain it. Only to be looked at as if they had 2 heads. I've been praising BTC since it was @ $5.

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
Jomppe

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:17:22 PM

The average consumer is not going to partake in bitcoin when transactions can take hours or even days (currently waiting 3+ hours to move money between accounts). Bitcoin is a fad and will never be a real currency due to the massive draw backs that are built into the currency itself and can not be counted. One of the reasons to use Bitcoin was due to the low fees. The fees will continue to raise as mining cost increase and people have to pay higher and higher fees just to get their bitcoin moved to a new location.

You will never be able to walk into a shop and just pay for an item. You will have to wait untill the transaction is confirmed which is currently taking hours and will eventually take days/weeks.

Bitcoin will fail once a better digital currency is introduced.

I'm sure Overstock.com did it's due diligence before excepting it as payment. How many politicians except it as campaign donations? There is also a vast list of retailers who use BTC as an alternate method of payment. Winklevoss twins, wall street investors, Silicon valley CVs, cover of Forbes, article in NY times, mentioned several times on CNBC.  Bitcoin has always been a joke to those who won't take the time to research it. Every person in here worth their weight in salt has a story of how they tried desperately to explain it. Only to be looked at as if they had 2 heads. I've been praising BTC since it was @ $5.

The problems it has been facing currently are so severe for such a mature coin that it is not worth of using anymore. It is ridiculous how long it takes even to get 1 confirmation. Today it took almost 8 hours with me despite I used relatively high fee - 0.005 BTC.

I think BTC has seen its best days. Now it is simply time to move on - the WorldCoin the transaction is fully confirmed in 60 seconds (usually in 30 seconds). This is the time it is necessary for merchants.
In Finland some merchants that used to accept BitCoin has dropped it away because it gave them more headache than income.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: