Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:41:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is A joke and will never last.  (Read 19767 times)
raymarius

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:23:25 PM

I think scarcity of bit coin is its biggest problem. People don't want to spend it, if it was as abundant as doge coin bit coin would have already become the worlds leading currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
salstimda

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:27:57 PM

when i use my credit card, i get my goods in an INSTANT. doesn't even take a 10th of a second.

sorry, but "transaction is instant" on bitcoin (seller and buy view in real time, the transfer of sum) ... but ON BANK ACCOUNT, A CREDIT CARD transaction take 2 days to see.

not on bitcoin (60min = 3-5 confirmations and sum is already migrate to seller).

there is no "instant transaction" with bitcoins, it takes at least 10 minutes to confirm. while in fact if you buy something with your credit card, you are paying in an actual INSTANT and INSTANTLY get your product. nice try in turning the world upside down Wink
WalutowyKrol

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:31:33 PM

when i use my credit card, i get my goods in an INSTANT. doesn't even take a 10th of a second.

sorry, but "transaction is instant" on bitcoin (seller and buy view in real time, the transfer of sum) ... but ON BANK ACCOUNT, A CREDIT CARD transaction take 2 days to see.

not on bitcoin (60min = 3-5 confirmations and sum is already migrate to seller).

Well it still depends on what bank do you have. My bank works like if two people have account in same bank group their transaction is instant, like Bitcoin.
Bitcoin's system ofcourse is better, e.g. transactions to other countries.
Duane Vick

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:33:14 PM

The beauty of Bitcoin is:

Over the weekend I sent approximately US$6,000 in BitCoin half way round the world.  Fee was approximately .38cents

Forty five minutes, all confirmed and ready to spend.

Try doing that with a bank on a weekend, or any other day of the week.

No bastuards at the bank involved.  

It puts a smile on my dial every time I see BTC fly.

tax evaders also smile when they park their funds on the caymans. exactly the same thing. the only real difference is, they have at least a little bit of shame and aren't boasting about it usually. you kind of disgust me.
You are assuming he is subject to taxation, and therefore, an evader of taxes. Maybe OP reports his taxable events, maybe he lives where this type of act isn't subject to taxation. Maybe he knows that government thugs using guns and threats of imprisonment are no less a criminal act than robbery at gunpoint.

1FMDNUutcKVTEAph3c8xCvZie7HaCC3xDt If you feel that I've contributed anything worthwhile, please donate.
salstimda

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:36:45 PM

Over the weekend I sent approximately US$6,000 in BitCoin half way round the world.  Fee was approximately .38cents

tax evaders also smile when they park their funds on the caymans. exactly the same thing. the only real difference is, they have at least a little bit of shame and aren't boasting about it usually. you kind of disgust me.
You are assuming he is subject to taxation, and therefore, an evader of taxes. Maybe OP reports his taxable events, maybe he lives where this type of act isn't subject to taxation. Maybe he knows that government thugs using guns and threats of imprisonment are no less a criminal act than robbery at gunpoint.

tax evading isn't necesarily illegal, you are right. but that doesn't make it any less unethical.

why do you think banks charge so much for money transfers? there might be a reason....a service maybe? i'll give u a little hint: it starts with s and ends with ecurity
Duane Vick

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:42:49 PM

Your entire argument is derived from the morality of tax evasion. He never said he avoided taxation when he sent 6k. You made that assumption and you are now arguing from that position. That is called a non sequitur,  a fallacy of logic.

1FMDNUutcKVTEAph3c8xCvZie7HaCC3xDt If you feel that I've contributed anything worthwhile, please donate.
salstimda

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:49:47 PM

Your entire argument is derived from the morality of tax evasion. He never said he avoided taxation when he sent 6k. You made that assumption and you are now arguing from that position. That is called a non sequitur,  a fallacy of logic.

Wrong. A non sequitur is an argument that derives wrong conclusions from a premise. i never made any assumption of him evading taxes or not, try to read carefully. you just assumed i made such assumptions, and now you are argueing from this position. In reality, i claimed that evading money transfer fees is the same as evading taxes. try to understand the difference.

If you really are into logic and rhetorical fallacies, i recommend to go through this list of cognitive biases: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases you might learn something there.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:56:36 PM

why do you think banks charge so much for money transfers? there might be a reason....a service maybe? i'll give u a little hint: it starts with s and ends with ecurity

I think I got it... is it security? No wait, it can't be:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/10024209/Bank-of-Cyprus-executes-depositor-bail-in.html

http://techland.time.com/2013/12/19/the-target-credit-card-breach-what-you-should-know/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2554875/Barclays-account-details-sale-gold-27-000-files-leaked.html
salstimda

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:01:58 PM

not any of those articles had anything to do with what i said, what a waste of time. stop trolling me, jerks.
Duane Vick

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:04:53 PM

Wrong. A non sequitur is an argument that derives wrong conclusions from a premise. i never made any assumption of him evading taxes or not, try to read carefully. you just assumed i made such assumptions, and now you are argueing from this position. In reality, i claimed that evading money transfer fees is the same as evading taxes. try to understand the difference.

If you really are into logic and rhetorical fallacies, i recommend to go through this list of cognitive biases: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases you might learn something there.
evading money transfer fees is the same as evading taxes? There is no legal requirement that I'm aware of that all money transfers must go through a bank, etc. So if I give a family member $400 directly without paying a fee instead of using Western Union then I am on equal footing with people who attempt to deceive the government by misrepresentation of their tax obligation?

Overstock now receives money without paying high credit card fees due to their acceptance of BTC. Are they on equal footing with tax evaders?

BitBoy900

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 04:05:45 PM

My confirmations for bitcoin purchases never took 3 days. Maybe you did something wrong.
And plus it doesn't matter how long it last because we gettin $ now idiot.
 Cool
Duane Vick

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:06:52 PM

not any of those articles had anything to do with what i said, what a waste of time. stop trolling me, jerks.
So banks stealing people's money has nothing to do with security?

salstimda

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:17:29 PM

evading money transfer fees is the same as evading taxes? There is no legal requirement that I'm aware of that all money transfers must go through a bank, etc. So if I give a family member $400 directly without paying a fee instead of using Western Union then I am on equal footing with people who attempt to deceive the government by misrepresentation of their tax obligation?

Overstock now receives money without paying high credit card fees due to their acceptance of BTC. Are they on equal footing with tax evaders?

again, tax evasion is not necesarily illegal. so you don't have to deceive the government to evade taxes. you are assuming too much.
seafarer124

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:17:44 PM

Wow, first time I have been called a tax evader.

What does my post have to do with tax evasion?

salstimda

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:19:44 PM

Its morally the same thing. You don't want to pay the fees everyone else is paying to keep the system up. It's selfish and unethical. But of course it's not illegal. Just like speculating on food and making people starve to death isn't illegal. The problem here is you guys confuse legal with ethical.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 04:23:49 PM

Its morally the same thing. You don't want to pay the fees everyone else is paying to keep the system up. It's selfish and unethical. But of course it's not illegal. Just like speculating on food and making people starve to death isn't illegal. The problem here is you guys confuse legal with ethical.

Thats insane.  He is willing to pay fees (not that it matters), he just paid them to the Bitcoin network because it is faster and they cost less.  That is the open market at work and customers now having MORE CHOICES. 

seafarer124

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:25:26 PM

Why would I want to support a corrupt banking system?

Noticed how many bankers are topping themselves lately, must be something going on.

seafarer124

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:26:54 PM

Thats insane.  He is willing to pay fees (not that it matters), he just paid them to the Bitcoin network because it is faster and they cost less.  That is the open market at work and customers now having MORE CHOICES. 
I don't think our friend has taken his medication today.
salstimda

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:27:13 PM

exactly how tax evasion works. you just pay less if you park your money somewhere else, so you do it. thats the open market, you are absolutely right.
cdooer

Activity: 106

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:28:03 PM

That's the most batshit crazy statement I've ever read. You should probably step away from the keyboard, you're making yourself look like a real moron.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: