Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:41:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies to Bitcoin can be dangerous!  (Read 2810 times)
dilemamis

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:44:35 AM

I try my best to check legitimate sources and not mislead people. Sometimes, cognitive dissonance is very strong for most people even though it's easy to find it on the internet today. People lose money, not because they know nothing about a particular investment, but because they are lazy to know anything about it.
Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:49:40 AM

I have run into several Bitcoin "newbies" over the last couple of months, that are spreading the wrong information on forums and/or in person. Their intentions is good, but the results is bad, because they did not do proper research.

Some of these people are selling themselves as experts, because they have been in the scene for a few months. I have been in the scene for years and I still know very little about EVERY aspect of this technology.

I think you should rather admit it, when you do not know something about the technology, than selling your little knowledge as facts. I will regularly tell people that I am not clued up with every aspect of this technology, but I always try to do proper research, when I encounter something that I am not 100% clued up on.

~ Ask, if you not sure.
~ Do not lie, if you are unsure.
~ Do proper research, before you educate other people.
~ Accept that you will not know it all.
~ Fact check what you already know.
~ Do not argue, if you not sure about your facts.

Let's agree that we all learn something new about this great technology almost every day, so only a small amount of us are experts. 

In times of now, the newbies or those who are new to this kind of topic or forum can be dangerous because of the little knowledge they have that they shared to others. Some of them are not doing a proper research about the topic they shared to others or wanted to learn. In addition, most them when invest, do some panic selling that might cause a little change in the price in market. If you are aware that you don't knowledgeable enough in terms of this please learn to accept that you are not and try to asks people who knew.

Mikebutler92

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:06:30 AM

That very true. I was introduced to bitcoin during the times of liberty reserve but never bothered to learn about this amazing technology until now. But when I became conscious, I take any opportunity to learn something new about the technology each day. The more i get involved, the more I have a better mental model.
Ekenegbu123

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:31:28 AM

You are very correct. A lot of newbies rush to invest their money because of the massive growth bitcoin and altcoins attained in 2017 without proper research. They get themselves burnt when market went Down and they start saying all sort of things. Knowledge is the first thing to get before investing and this is where they missed the step
avtonomro

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:32:46 AM

Well, not so dangerous imho. They will just lose a lot of money because they'll be eaten by whales.
Everyone of us has been a newbie and everyone of us lost money into this world... This is the life circle Cheesy
sabihanazir

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:36:31 AM

I think newbies are dangerous for bitcoin forum because they don't know we'll about this forum. However I try my best to learn about this amazing technology until now. And I am  always hunger for knowledge.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:38:00 AM

It is not dangerous, the faft that the bitcoin can understand by the newbie and they understand the advantages and disadvantages of it, it is not dangerous to them. All of us here are start in newbie and we just study and learn to become what we are now.
Yeah everything starts with a newbie. even the expert was a newbie before right? but the risk is certainly there from bitcoin investment. but over time the risk will certainly be reduced and Im not call it dangerous. Dangerous means that it cannot produce anything while the newbie can still make a profit by holding it back
Coleth

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:44:10 AM

Yes, it can be dangerous to newbies especially if they are just entering without them knowing what about it, and how it will be operated and should understand the virtue of patience. They must educate themselves first and invest what they afford to lose.
maksimukr1989

Activity: 514
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 08:00:05 AM

I agree with You.Here you can learn something new every day.I'm already reading books and learning more and more about new technologies.That's impressive.Your rules are good but they are followed by a small number of people
thuthanh

Activity: 347

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:09:52 AM

I have run into several Bitcoin "newbies" over the last couple of months, that are spreading the wrong information on forums and/or in person. Their intentions is good, but the results is bad, because they did not do proper research.

Some of these people are selling themselves as experts, because they have been in the scene for a few months. I have been in the scene for years and I still know very little about EVERY aspect of this technology.

I think you should rather admit it, when you do not know something about the technology, than selling your little knowledge as facts. I will regularly tell people that I am not clued up with every aspect of this technology, but I always try to do proper research, when I encounter something that I am not 100% clued up on.

~ Ask, if you not sure.
~ Do not lie, if you are unsure.
~ Do proper research, before you educate other people.
~ Accept that you will not know it all.
~ Fact check what you already know.
~ Do not argue, if you not sure about your facts.

Let's agree that we all learn something new about this great technology almost every day, so only a small amount of us are experts.  Wink
Actually if you are newbies and have not had much experience with crypto and especially Bitcoin i recommend you be careful because it is very complex and potentially risky. Not to mention that some people are misinformed about Bitcoin and wrongly called for investment and unsecured wallet security. Learn more if you are new to avoid losing money.
Macai

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:12:55 AM

Yes it can when new to this kind of investment are not properly informed. if this is the case those newbies who invest are the one who easily give up/ THat is why a warning for all of us to educate people who join in this investment. They might use it illegally.
Hawkinsjr10

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:27:25 AM

NEwbie Danger?
It's actually good and many who use bitcoin and bitcoin can also be known and if possible the government can accept bitcoin.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:33:07 AM

newbie that have the over reacted in some condtiion is very dangerous, for example is they read some fake news and they tell everyone about that fake news, it will very dangerous and maybe this situation will make the price of bitcoin is dropping and make a crisis in bitcoin world

HashSwan

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:36:31 AM

My girl loves sales except when it comes to crypto. I tell her it's good time to buy, she tells me Hell No! She's only interested in buying when the price is high. FOMO is strong on this one.

FreddieBennett213

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:38:09 AM

I think that is the right thing to do. A newcomer to Bitcoin, they are really a hazard for most investors. They do not have much experience in managing or exchanging bitcoins. Their exchange plans are often highly fraudulent.
maichimoto

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:41:14 AM

I think newbies are dangerous for bitcoin forum because they don't know we'll about this forum. However I try my best to learn about this amazing technology until now. And I am  always hunger for knowledge.

there is nothing wrong with being noob, it's fine when you're eager to learn, you will do yourself and the whole community favor. Problem are people who know nothing and believe to know it all
Tomwatson88

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:02:29 AM

Yes of course newbies to bitcoin is always dangerous as they don't have any experience about the price or the change in the price of bitcoin.so if a highly interested person is Investing in bitcoin and if he wants money too much fast then we can be sure that he is going to lose and immediately after his first loss he will totally lose interest in cryptocurrency.
ShannonBake88

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:21:49 AM

I agree that ignorance of the technology is a prolific problem in this industry. So many people are looking for a quick and not doing their due diligence when investing. Fortunately the bear market has run off a good number of these investors.
Zalaster

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 09:32:39 AM

there is nothing wrong with being noob, it's fine when you're eager to learn, you will do yourself and the whole community favor. Problem are people who know nothing and believe to know it all
Everyone at this forum was a beginner, but some really live for bitcoin, while others are engaged in nonsense. They spread the wrong information, which makes it difficult for those who really want to know more about bitcoin. I do not like these guys.
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:38:59 AM

Yes ofcourse...if they are not experienced then they will get huge losses...They must have someone who is experienced...or invest to get experienced which we call loss.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: