Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:42:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did the government want to kill Bitcoin?  (Read 2237 times)
xena2

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:33:57 AM

personally, the government want to kill Bitcoin because they want to control Bitcoin like other currency  but Bitcoin is called digital currency, so they can not control it
The government want to kill bitcoin simply because they fo not benefit from it.  No tax was being added or collected and they cannot control the flow of crypto currency.  

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
Maclyn19

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:43:55 AM

I agree and believe that those are some of the reasons why the government want to kill Bitcoin. Maybe, the government will only change its mind if they able to regulate the BTC and earn from it in a form of tax or regulatory fee.
Kingsingle

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:56:25 AM

Because some countries think BTC is the place of bad guys, they may use the BTC to fund the terrorists, and they may think that the BTC helps the money launderers.
casternetwork

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:58:13 AM

personally, the government want to kill Bitcoin because they want to control Bitcoin like other currency  but Bitcoin is called digital currency, so they can not control it
Not that they can not control Bitcoin. They can control Bitcoin prices in many different ways. I think they are planning to learn more about Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market. In the future, they will accept Bitcoin after they can control it

Am I spamming? Report me!
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:02:58 AM

it is true that the government is very afraid of bitcoin, especially on terrorist financing as well as money laundering, as well as disrupting the financial system within the country.
taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:04:43 AM

Yes you have said it all and thats the reason they are scared of bitcoin, i see that not a solution rather than doing regulation that will affect the way bitcoin should be use .With the ban bitcoin will still exist since its decentralized.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:06:43 AM

Because some countries think BTC is the place of bad guys, they may use the BTC to fund the terrorists, and they may think that the BTC helps the money launderers.

If they think that Bitcoin is used by people to transact money from terrorists and launder money, then why do a lot of other countries still accept Bitcoin? Some even legalize the use of it in their country.

I think that is not the only reason why leaders of countries do not want Bitcoin circulating in their country especially those countries that has a censorship in their internet. Usually the government do not want their people to use such cryptos since they want to monitor their people.
oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:08:24 AM

Government can not control bitcoin because it is not centralized and any thing government can not control they will destroy such. There are criminals every where it is the government job to curb or exterminate  criminal and their activities in the society. Bitcoin never asked any one to use it for drugs, terror or arms deals but criminal minded individuals decided to exploit  on the lose end of bitcoin for their nefarious  activities.
kimharvey28

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:10:28 AM

Could do,all today though I have been trying to show some wayward minds,that government is bigger than BTC and the crypto community. When someone can clearly see they have the resources and the power, and that all else that would be needed is the will. Then you have to admit so,banning or outlawing which ever name you choose is no doubt possible and do able. I don’t believe this will happen I believe a lighter approach with regulation, but they can do what they like. I am shocked to see today that people who own crypto don’t think their own governments have this power.
Greed Dev

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:23:38 AM

I think there are many governments worried that Bitcoin will become a bad currency and be used by terrorist organizations or used for money laundering and drug trafficking. That's why they have not accepted Bitcoin yet, as bad thoughts about Bitcoin still exists in their minds

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:34:02 AM

If they think that Bitcoin is used by people to transact money from terrorists and launder money, then why do a lot of other countries still accept Bitcoin? Some even legalize the use of it in their country.

I think that is not the only reason why leaders of countries do not want Bitcoin circulating in their country especially those countries that has a censorship in their internet. Usually the government do not want their people to use such cryptos since they want to monitor their people.

That's one of the possible reasons why some of countries are strictly prohibited to used bitcoin or crypto currency.
And also the government cannot control it because bitcoin is a decentralized currency.

faithofb

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:57:31 AM

Government not killing bitcoin, they are only trying to protect people against what they see as risk,  they still   need to change  their assertion about bitcoin  so it can be trusted by investors.
rez303

Activity: 338

StartFi

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:59:36 AM

I do not think the government wants to kill Bitcoin. They banned Bitcoin for a long time to learn about Bitcoin before accepting it. They do not want their people at risk. I think the government has made a very wise decision

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jennygamilo

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:18:14 AM

I think government not exactly want to kill bitcoin I think it just they banned it because of they do not have the powers to manage it , and to avoid people from risk.
Ekimzjames20

Activity: 348

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:19:44 AM

I do not think the government wants to kill Bitcoin. They banned Bitcoin for a long time to learn about Bitcoin before accepting it. They do not want their people at risk. I think the government has made a very wise decision

I think government want to kill bitcoin because they can't earn money from it. Bitcoin itself did not pay a tax to the government, they did not trace every people have a bitcoin.
ohkkstaaahp

Activity: 378

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:21:17 AM

They think the organizers are bad, they are the places to finance terrorism, the place where money is laundered, the place where criminals are, they try to stop the BTC, but in my opinion the government has not seen the profit from BTC.

faith400

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:33:07 AM

lack of central authority is the primary reason governments are afraid of the cryptocurrency. Nobody needs Western Union or its competitors if everybody is using bitcoin.
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:40:52 AM

obviously bitcoin is not a currency issued by an agency that is recognized by the government. Negative things from the use of bitcoin can also adversely affect the governance system of a country even in some countries there is already a strict ban on the use of bitcoin
oppasong

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:45:39 AM

I do not disagree with your opinion but that not all countries are banning bitcoin but there are still many countries that also accept bitcoin because bitcoin is very easy to make transactions to all countries and transaction costs are also very low but I hope if later bitcoin can be known all over country to make bitcoin more victorious and in everyone's interest.
Escan0r

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:46:52 AM

Bitcoin will be very difficult to manipulate and control by anyone, so the government is more prohibited bitcoin in their country because it will affect the economy of their country and maybe because bitcoin including digital curency that can not be controlled by anyone then the government more wanting to kill bitcoin than later will create some factors that government does not like.

Although there are some governments that do not want to get involved in it because they already accept bitcoin in their country.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: