Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:39:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did the government want to kill Bitcoin?  (Read 2233 times)
moinguoi5c333

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:04:59 AM

I fully agree with your opinion, however, the number of countries and governments that prohibit Bitcoin is just a few, the government is still able to track but is not absolute and depending on the laws of that country. any.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Satish147

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 09:21:06 AM

as we know, many governments in the world are banning bitcoins and here I have my own why the government want to kill Bitcoin, because I think Bitcoin can be used for terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal weapons purchases, crime and tax evasion. therefore the government forbids Bitcoin, because Bitcoin transactions are difficult to trace so it is only natural for me if the government is very worried about Bitcoin and many country banning (block) Bitcoin.
but this is just my opinion, so if I am wrong I apologize.

Thank You.

Governments want to kill bitcoin because it will be going to replace their centralised authority on money is going to transferred to the people. This is what central banks don't like and not ready to accept. But once people start using bitcoin for normal day to day to transactions then there is no choice left with central banks other than accepting Bitcoin as currency.

dangkhoasn

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 09:28:21 AM

I think so. Bitcoin is used for terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal buys, crime and tax evasion. But bitcoin also gives us a lot of benefits.
Golden Stake

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:30:27 AM

Several governments are doing all they could to ensure that bitcoins and cryptocurrencies die. Such reasons include inability to control cryptocurrencies operations, reduction in taxes, market volatilities, the need to protect citizens funds, among others.

Most of the measures taken by governments to block the activities of cryptocurrencies are ill-conceived and malicious rather than in public interests. Most governments do not want cryptocurrencies to thrive because of the perceived benefits to their citizens.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:34:56 AM

as we know, many governments in the world are banning bitcoins and here I have my own why the government want to kill Bitcoin, because I think Bitcoin can be used for terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal weapons purchases, crime and tax evasion. therefore the government forbids Bitcoin, because Bitcoin transactions are difficult to trace so it is only natural for me if the government is very worried about Bitcoin and many country banning (block) Bitcoin.

Thank You.

As my ipinion about this issue's government wants to kill bitcoin, It's because they don't want improvement in their country's and most them are know as most corrupt country's. Actually crimes, terrosist and money laundering are already exist with the use of fiat money so they are wrong to criticize the negative effects of bitcoin, because for me its depend upon the user's who they are.
Actually they do want improvement in their country. They want improvements, but not too much improvements that people are going to be so well-informed that they know what's going on or have facilities that allows people to have such good lifestyle that they can actually think straight or be able to think with no mind-fog going on. In other words, they want improvements but only enough to say that the current administration has done something good to the citizens so we can have some positive thing going on in exchange of all the things that they have ruined just to make themselves richer.

The government clearly cannot kill bitcoin. The only thing that they can do is prolong the mass adoption going on. For example, I live in a country where the Internet connection is really slow and most places don't even have a signal reception. This way, people aren't getting that much information as opposed to people from the first world country who has easy access to fast Internet. They can easily watch Youtube videos and become well-informed of things. They are smarter than us because of this thing and their lives are a lot easier too. Thus, they are more aware of what's going on in the world and they are more involved. With people being not computer literate, bitcoin's mass adoption will take so much time to take over.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

markiplier.jack

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:38:37 AM

the reason stated are true. government need revenue and as btc or any other cryptos cannot be taxed easily, the govs wont have revenue. also all monetary policies come from the gov because they can control the supply of currencies. if cryptos are used everywhere, then gov will fail to control the policies of the nations. this is why gov rather than studying ways to clear these problems just simply are banning the cryptos.
MalcolmBee

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:39:42 AM

thats a very wrong move from the government
demoltion

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:42:18 AM

if I think the current government does not prohibit just keep away because bitcoin is difficult to manage taxes and this is very difficult, the more people using bitcoin will be the more difficult the government to manage the trade in cryptocurrency and this is a major disaster especially in banking
Cryptokeke

Activity: 136
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:46:33 AM

Because bitcoin can be used in illegal way, and also the people may lose their money in bitcoin. You cant track and you dont have control in the pricing rate volatility of bitcoin because of that lots of banks and also government want to kill bitcoin.
Blanca_Gregory

Activity: 72
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:49:27 AM

It is very easy to observe that the bone of contention here is Control. All these potential vices you mentioned are not absent with other forms of currency. Governments are not just okay with systems they can't control. Sadly, much of the control they exercise is not for general good. Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies however can be the exception. As a matter of fact, for good. However, it's not the first "innovation" they have tried to kill. Only time will tell. The big question though is; do the pros of Bitcoin outweigh the cons?
MadisonWood1212

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:55:33 AM

The government wants to kill bitcoin because they are unable to control the bitcoin activity in their country, so the intentions of killing bitcoins have been in them for a long time. They can control the price of each currency of their country, even other countries in the region but can not control the value of bitcoin copper.
Fujiati

Activity: 664
Merit: 112

Ethernity CLOUD

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:11:51 AM

Thank You.

I also agree with you, the government forbids bitcoin because bitcoin users can not be traced. the government is afraid of more and more people using bitcoin as money laundering and terrorist financing.
I would argue that it is better for the government to accept bitcoin and make rules about crypto currency so that people can not commit crime through bitcoin.

ethancer

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:37:34 AM

Thank You.

I also agree with you, the government forbids bitcoin because bitcoin users can not be traced. the government is afraid of more and more people using bitcoin as money laundering and terrorist financing.
I would argue that it is better for the government to accept bitcoin and make rules about crypto currency so that people can not commit crime through bitcoin.

Also the government cant put taxes on it, and they don't like that
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:44:01 AM

Thank You.

That's only theatre, if the USA government would really like to kill Bitcoin they'd be able to do it almost overnight. As for the other governments, they don't have the same power since they don't control the OS of the world's computers and Internet main routing servers.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:54:00 PM

Thank You.

Bitcoin is widely used as a payment for illegal transactions, buying and selling in black market,and bitcoin is really hard to detect thats why government wants to kill bitcoin. Also another reason is they see the that bitcoin can stepped up as the no. 1 currency,  the government cant let that happen, they dont want fiat money to go down and btc will be the no.1 that they cant controll.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
sneeze11

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:13:59 PM

Thank You.

I think government want to kill bitcoin because they know that there is a chance that bitcoin can make our bank disappear. Actually there is a humor about that bitcoin will be our currency worldwide in the future.
dadanramdan

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:17:03 PM

I think the government wants to manage bitcoin, but in my opinion the government will not be able to control bitcoin because of its decentralized system, making bitcoin difficult to regulate by the government.
StrikingAdvantage

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:19:34 PM

I think the government wants to manage bitcoin, but in my opinion the government will not be able to control bitcoin because of its decentralized system, making bitcoin difficult to regulate by the government.

Well for now I think they will stop at taxing the profit.
Spanopohlo

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Aim High! Bow Low!

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:27:12 PM

YEs, government around the country dislikes this type of currency but not all of them, some coins are also used in the black market specially on drugs, thats why they are truly against it. Another things is that, in the dark web, this coins are now widely used and are widely purchased, sold and transac to buyers and sellers for illegal things making it a hateful currency, but not all of it are used the negative way others are from the good also. So, lets take a moment to review what the Positive side of this coin means.

irfandi hasan

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:33:12 PM

National governments have banned bitcoins because they have not found a way to collect taxes! Bitcoin and altcoin are more risky in the growing phase!
true, the national Government banned the bitcoin due have not yet found a way to collect taxes! Bitcoin and altcoin more risky in a phase of growth! It was I think one of the reasons the Government prohibits bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: