Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:54:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did the government want to kill Bitcoin?  (Read 2234 times)
htsz_da12

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:18:13 PM

The reason is simple. Encryption has a great impact on the products of traditional economy, and the price of BTC fluctuates a lot, which makes investors lose money easily.
blockdragon

Activity: 189

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:19:15 PM

as far as I know there are not many governments who have banned the bitcoin or have taken a step towards it rather they do want to regulate it which in my opinion would be healthy for the overall market rise.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
anehh

Activity: 600
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:24:19 PM

All I know is that the government does not want to kill bitcoin, but wants the existence of bitcoin to be regulated and controlled by the government properly and properly, so that it is not misused by irresponsible people which can affect the economic influence and stability of the country's security.
nabilanur

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:25:12 PM

Governments exclusively aim to slaughter cryptographic money is that it can't keep it in limitation. except for this, people fabricate utilization of it'll get benefitted and not the govt.. except for this, the expanding utilization of digital money for vast scale exchanges has made the saving money framework confront a monster misfortune inside the income.
faithofb

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:27:24 PM

J don't think government is trying to kill bitcoin but only to safeguard their people from falling to the trap of scammer. Because lot of people uses bitcoin for different purpose and j av heard where people reporting they been scam of so so amount of bitcoin which can cause a serious heart attack to This is what government are trying to protect except government get a clear view that bitcoin is not a scam.
Saveralll

Activity: 365
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:29:02 PM

I think bitcoin required the government to save the state finances and others and the good thing is to be able to pay anything through bitoin and make it easier for the government to access the finance of the country
ridho002

Activity: 340

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:31:54 PM

I think bitcoin required the government to save the state finances and others and the good thing is to be able to pay anything through bitoin and make it easier for the government to access the finance of the country

Will create a new problem that will come with the existence of Bitcoin because the government is afraid it will happen.
Vritesh

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:47:05 PM

Government want to kill bitcoin because being the digital currency government has no control over it. Government has no say on the transactions made in bitcoin. They want to control and administer it as the other currencies but this does not happen so they want to kill it. Government wants the stable economy which is not easily possible in bitcoin so they want to end it. Other reason to kill bitcoin is that government do not want any scams or frauds.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
adadaorlina

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:47:46 PM

Governments want us under control in everything, this is not new. Bitcoin is too damaging to the government, not only helping people with tax evasion, it also removes the government's control over the people. So, Everything has a good and a bad side. We have to agree with it. Bitcoin is not for the criminals, rather bad people use a good coin in their bad activities. That's it.
Rayver26

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:00:31 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2018, 02:15:27 PM by Rayver26

Not all government wanted to kill the Bitcoin. But mostly those government that wanted to kill Bitcoin is that they think Bitcoin is not safe. Because scammers, fraud, crimes used Bitcoin to operate their transactions.

Also the government cannot control and tax the Bitcoin because it is decentralized. It will affect the economy as well.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:09:17 PM

Its a general tendency that we don't like what we don't understand or want to understand. Bitcoin/crypto is totally decentralised, so they can't be controlled by any Govt, so they don't like it. As far as terrorist funding, illegal weapons purchase are concerned, all these things are being done with fiat easily even now. Some countries don't like crypto because they think its going to disrupt their economy and will bring financial crisis if crypto bursts like a bubble.

Due to some disadvantage of bitcoin government want to kill bitcoin.
First, they tried to stop the using of bitcoin, but when they came to know it's not under control, they start making policy against it. Maybe in future bitcoin got killed by the government because except Japan no country can support bitcoin maybe people move to Japan just for bitcoin currency
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:16:54 PM

Bitcoin is decentralized and can not be controlled by anybody except the market sentiments as affected by news happening around the globe. Any thing that the government can not control they will try all they can to destroy the same thing. Government thrives in taxes and duties and they feel that governments are losing when transaction are done in bitcoin which is anonymous.
coinpool_de

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:28:45 PM

The whole world will have to understand bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies eventually. I mean, governments and companies even started change their mind about btc. Don’t forget that the change is certain. We’ll see in time.
romlex

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:40:59 PM

yes I also agree with you, a little extra why the government wants to kill bitcoin, because bitcoin cannot be stopped by the government and bitcoin is digital and anonymous
Gayas

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:44:04 PM

as we know, many governments in the world are banning bitcoins and here I have my own why the government want to kill Bitcoin, because I think Bitcoin can be used for terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal weapons purchases, crime and tax evasion. therefore the government forbids Bitcoin, because Bitcoin transactions are difficult to trace so it is only natural for me if the government is very worried about Bitcoin and many country banning (block) Bitcoin.
but this is just my opinion, so if I am wrong I apologize.

Thank You.
My opinion is a little different. I think that the government is afraid of financial independence of citizens. That is, the government is afraid of losing control.

Fenixsfeather

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 06:09:57 PM

They want, but they can't. Government want it not because of crime, mostly because of avoiding taxes.

sonofliberty

Activity: 395

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:02:49 PM

maybe they do not understand what that bitcoin really is. Most governments recognize it as the ""Virtual Currency"" currency of its kind used to make certain transactions online.

They all think only about money, as well as how to get them from an ordinary person. Not doing anything to get money is very profitable. Their main goal is.

cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:23:23 PM

I agreed with you to some extent but the truth still remains that bitcoin as a decentralized currency can not be control by any person or institutions of government and I think this is why the government is always against bitcoin and the blockchain entirely, so at that since the government can not control bitcoin the only thing left for them is to attack bitcoin.
cryptocity90

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:57:41 PM

because they see's it as a threat to bank and since it not legalized, they want to fully take control in bitcoin.
conceivedspoon2

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:01:52 PM

The government from time has been an enemy of bitcoin and ready to discourage people from using it. Bitcoin is a decentralised platform and ready to flaw all national and financial laws, so the government will not allow it run.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: