Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:25:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did the government want to kill Bitcoin?  (Read 2233 times)
Saldom12

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:27:09 PM

I think the government wants to kill bitcoin, because the government doesn't like bitcoin. I don't know why the government doesn't like bitcoin, maybe because they can't control bitcoin.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hilawnasaging

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:37:03 PM

The government  wants to kill bitcoin because it evades taxes and they will lose control on the money you are taking with. First, tax evasion. We all know that bitcoin is a cryptocurrency which means that the government doesn't have any control of it. Which means that even do it enters a certain country, if the government doesn't have the authority or any laws are not against it, well you can import it due to its lacking of law firms. Second, they cannot control the price and they cannot stop the entering of bitcoin. Because of the lack of knowledge against cryptocurrency, the people around the government are taking advantage for them to import some bitcoin for their own needs. But it is legal and they don't commit crimes. That is why bitcoin is safe from government because the government doesn't have knowledge about it and they don't have the power to diminish it to their territory. That is why some government prefer to reject usage of bitcoin in their sovereign.
Amokomowo2005

Activity: 140

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 07:37:13 PM

Government is not trying to kill bitcoin if we can have a deep think of what is really making them afraid which i believe is fear of risk associated with the use of bitcoin.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
Varuj

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 07:38:20 PM

The government wants to ban Bitcoin because it can not control it. And with the help of ordinary fiat money, they rule the world especially with the help of the dolarra. But the end of total control over the world with the help of money. Bitcoin is the currency of freedom and the one who has used it will gain a real freedom.
goodluck0319

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:07:08 AM

bitcoin has the whole point that it opposes itself to everyone, because it is not subordinated to anyone. Therefore, such a reaction is the norm
Leo Barnes

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:22:10 AM

as we know, many governments in the world are banning bitcoins and here I have my own why the government want to kill Bitcoin, because I think Bitcoin can be used for terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal weapons purchases, crime and tax evasion. therefore the government forbids Bitcoin, because Bitcoin transactions are difficult to trace so it is only natural for me if the government is very worried about Bitcoin and many country banning (block) Bitcoin.
but this is just my opinion, so if I am wrong I apologize.

Thank You.
Terrorist financing, money laundering, weapons purchases, this activity already exists even without bitcoin authority only wants to access full of control with bitcoin the question is how?
Yelosita

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:06:22 AM

Because the government is afraid that bitcoin will be increasingly used as transactions. Then they narrowed the space for bitcoin to suppress illegal transactions and funds for terrorists. Because bitcoin is anonymous, it is feared that the flow of funds cannot be tracked by the government which results in illegal activities becoming out of control. Because the main objective of the government is to protect its people from misuse of financial transactions that can cause problems for its citizens.
fireman2001

Activity: 214

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 07:17:16 AM

In my opinion, The Government want to kill Bitcoin beacause:
1. Some of them are intimidated by it, and
2. There are no tax laws on BTC, and this makes the Government of some countries wanting to kill BTC.
trantu8461520@gmail.com

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:19:29 AM

I do not think they want to kill the bitcoin they just want to adjust it. We all know that some people use bitcoin in illegal ways that is why the government is afraid that other people can join but they have no control so they only give some warning. Bitcoin users are anonymous so it is difficult to determine who is using bitcoin in a bad way
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:13:00 AM

as we know, many governments in the world are banning bitcoins and here I have my own why the government want to kill Bitcoin, because I think Bitcoin can be used for terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal weapons purchases, crime and tax evasion. therefore the government forbids Bitcoin, because Bitcoin transactions are difficult to trace so it is only natural for me if the government is very worried about Bitcoin and many country banning (block) Bitcoin.

Thank You.
Yep you're right that's what government thinks it can be used any crimes and some government think it can go down their economy, they should look in japan there having no problem with using bitcoin.
_w_b_t_

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:07:43 AM

There are versions that some government directly participated in the creation and promotion of Bitcoin. To kill a cryptocurrency is a ridiculous idea, any government understands this.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:13:45 AM

Thank You.
i think opposite, its even easier to track the transaction based on blockhain technology, Only foolish who use blockchain to laudry their money , cause eventually they will get caught cause there is a record that will never be able to delete. Goverment not trying to kill bitcoin but i think they are think how to make this usefull and how to make transaction using bitcoin legal.

jojowar

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:16:30 AM

For me, the government didn't want to kill bitcoin but they make some study on how to regulate and how to make some revenue or taxes out of it.

Bondho Kompeni

Activity: 507
Merit: 250

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:24:37 AM

Many governments are afraid of bitcoin because it can threaten the use of fiat, and if bitcoin is more popular and widely used it becomes an economic threat because the government has no power to control.

▄
                 ▄██▄
              ▄█████▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄█████▀█████▄
       █████▀░░▀█████
        ▀██▀░▄█▄░▀██▀
                █████
        ▄██▄░▀█▀░▄██▄
       █████▄░░▄█████
        ▀█████▄█████▀
           ▀████████▀
              ▀█████▀
                 ▀██▀
                    ▀
AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Caraphernalia

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:24:43 AM

For me, government see bitcoin as a threat to the country's economy. They see bitcoin as an illegal currency and this is not good for them. And also bitcoin is unstable so this makes the government to have fear.
doolittle

Activity: 340
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:41:24 AM

Thank You.

Yes, you have correctly said everything, but there are also other reasons. For example, such as money should be under the control of the state, and make a profit. A bitcoin profit brings only those who extract it, i.e. miners. And the state is not interested.
rawr1620

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:45:16 AM

You already stated the reasons of the fact why governments or the banks doesn want bitcoin. The truth is others still dont know how to use bitcoin efficiently they subject to the fact that it is a decentralized currency only.
DewiKirana

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 11:52:20 AM

This reasoning makes sense if the government wants to kill bitcoin, but for now the government still fails to kill bitcoin. The factor of the government's failure is that it cannot control the circulation of bitcoin, so the government can only limit the movement of bitcoin users.
AllenTurner

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:30:02 PM

Government doesn't wants to kill bitcoin government just want to take the control of bit coin in its hand and wants to run it with their own rules.
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:44:14 PM

Government may not want cryptocurrency to have its way due to selfish interest. Government seems to have seen the fiat currency as the means of fulfilling its selfish financial motives against the wish of the people. Financial crime such as money laundry and terrorism financing are also common with fiat currencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: