Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:57:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [INSTOCK in California] Selling Gridseed Asics. Ship from California. [$235]  (Read 48993 times)
Zoomhash (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:29:12 PM

Question for those of you that have a controller for these things....

Have you verified power usage when running in single mode? I've got 6 of these in an enclosure running CPUminer to mine and they all went into an over heat/shut down while mining LTC ONLY. Thats kinda lame. The other three are out on a workbench and they seem to be OK. Only three of them have reached over 300khs and this is clocked at 800 mghz.

I'm sure the controller is the "missing link" here but I'd really like it if they worked better without a controller.

Oh well, price one pays for getting in on new tech.  Cheesy

You might want to disassemble the overheating units to verify that the thermal pad is making contact with the chips. Someone reported that the fan wires managed to get wedged between the chip and pad. The other thing to keep in mind is that the units won't be necessarily stable at 800 MHz.

I've made it a habit to take EVERYTHING I get for mining apart to inspect it before I power it up. All the Avalons I bought had loose screws, all the Antminers I bought had loose screws and even these Gridseeds had loose screws. I did make sure that fan wires were not pinched and that the thermal pads all look like they are where they should be. Only one of them was obviously out of place and I found that before I powered it up.

My problem with not running these at 800 MHz is that this is the ONLY way I've been able to get a few of them to reach above 300khs's. One of them is sitting at under 100 right now.

Piss poor....

I'm curious to know if people with controllers are getting different results.

We are getting a new update for the controllers that should solve most of these issues. Will let you know!
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gamefixer

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:46:43 PM

We are getting a new update for the controllers that should solve most of these issues. Will let you know!

That would be great. I'd like to see these issues resolved as I plan on ordering more of them when they are.
gamefixer

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:18:52 PM

Assuming that the controller fixes these things I was thinking about making a piece of wall art out of them to hang over my desk. Smiley

MysteryX

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:48:15 PM

Sent a PM and email to this guy but got no reply  Huh
Zoomhash (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:35:46 PM

NEver received PM. Send it again Smiley. Bitcointalk can be glitchy sometimes I think.
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:25:32 PM

Check this website out they have
Scrypt Asic Miner Gridseed  it  stock in Los Angeles, CA

http://hash-master.com/

This guy has it too, and at cheaper price! what's the point?
MysteryX

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:23:39 PM

NEver received PM. Send it again Smiley. Bitcointalk can be glitchy sometimes I think.

Sent PM again. Thanks.
gamefixer

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:49:06 AM

Yo Zoom, any new news on the controller that I'm supposed to get?
OceanWhispers

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 03:57:11 AM

Will these be able to adapt in the future and keep up with changing software?

In the opinion of those who bought some, should I just buy GPUs? Is it worth it? I can get 350-400 khash/s out of a GPU for half the cost.

I love the idea but think maybe I should wait for better revisions and/or competition to hit the market.

Andareed

Merit: 14

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:24:25 AM

In the opinion of those who bought some, should I just buy GPUs? Is it worth it? I can get 350-400 khash/s out of a GPU for half the cost.

I love the idea but think maybe I should wait for better revisions and/or competition to hit the market.

If you have large amounts of free power and can dissipate the heat, GPUs are probably a better option than current generation ASICs. I think in Q3/Q4 we'll start to see a lot more competition and hashing power from ASICs. Right now GridSeed is the only ASIC shipping.

BTC: 1K54i8Fsu7e7WPu1pQJV6tDa65qXahnHMH
LTC: LMfJ2eqsJofTaNtD1dLRZBuKju9qYgwxZj
gamefixer

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:41:12 AM

I'm trying to lower my power footprint which is why I'm buying these things. But, if your strictly asking about ease of use/price, I'd go with GPU's. In order for me to get these miners to work I have to have them spread amongst three computers and have separate instances of CPUminer open. Talk about a big PITA....

Zoom.... I REALLY need that controller.... I want to buy more but I'm not going to unless I get a controller....
Andareed

Merit: 14

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:35:37 AM

I'm trying to lower my power footprint which is why I'm buying these things. But, if your strictly asking about ease of use/price, I'd go with GPU's. In order for me to get these miners to work I have to have them spread amongst three computers and have separate instances of CPUminer open. Talk about a big PITA....

Zoom.... I REALLY need that controller.... I want to buy more but I'm not going to unless I get a controller....

Have you thought about buying a Raspberry Pi?

BTC: 1K54i8Fsu7e7WPu1pQJV6tDa65qXahnHMH
LTC: LMfJ2eqsJofTaNtD1dLRZBuKju9qYgwxZj
gamefixer

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:38:08 AM

Have you thought about buying a Raspberry Pi?

I have but at last I read the code wasnt freely out there to upload to the Pi. Plus I know diddly (less then diddly actually) about using them and how to upload stuff to them.

I suppose I just need to be patient as Zoom has promised to take care of me but I just want these damn things to work as advertised. Smiley
CSM00

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:21:33 PM

I'm in the same boat - I'd go with GPUs, but I'm out of power without upgrading my service and its going to be really hot in a few months judging by the fact that I have the windows open while its snowing outside.

Having a controller isnt all beer and skittles though - I managed to get one, it boots, I can login, but I cant manage to get it configured via wiibox.net or the cybtc.com instructions.  Havent worked on it that much, still making power cords and getting everything wired up.

Everything about these is definitely 1st generation, especially on the software/control side. 
Zoomhash (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:30:34 PM

I'm in the same boat - I'd go with GPUs, but I'm out of power without upgrading my service and its going to be really hot in a few months judging by the fact that I have the windows open while its snowing outside.

Having a controller isnt all beer and skittles though - I managed to get one, it boots, I can login, but I cant manage to get it configured via wiibox.net or the cybtc.com instructions.  Havent worked on it that much, still making power cords and getting everything wired up.

Everything about these is definitely 1st generation, especially on the software/control side. 

I am on the same boat with you guys. We are working closely with gridseed to get software upgrades. We will have more controllers in 24 hours. The controllers will be more user friendly.

Thanks for bareing with us and we appreciate all feedback and suggestions.

Thanks again!
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:27:07 PM

Can you offer plug and play bundles?

I would be more inclined to order from you if you sold 5 or 10 packs that came with all the necessary cables, power supplies, controller boards, and instructions.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:28:46 PM

I would be more inclined to order from you if you sold 5 or 10 packs that came with all the necessary cables, power supplies, controller boards, and instructions.

+1000

I would be in for 20. Already got a quote from a GB.
petermolloy

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:51:32 PM

Want to place order for ten pack.  Website has price of 254 each forum says 249.    Which is the correct price?   I can pay via paypal or transfer,   PLease let me know..

Thanks,
Peter
Zoomhash (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:58:55 PM

+1000

What's a GB? Btw we can offer ten packs with all the accessories and instructions. Please check out website in 10 minutes Smiley.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:09:48 PM

+1000

What's a GB? Btw we can offer ten packs with all the accessories and instructions. Please check out website in 10 minutes Smiley.

Ha, sorry. Group buy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: