Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:18:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [INSTOCK in California] Selling Gridseed Asics. Ship from California. [$235]  (Read 48993 times)
johncroc

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:46:13 PM

I placed my order for a 10-ASIC kit, last Sunday (3/16/2014).  I got the ASICs on Thursday and the accessories on Saturday.  Everything I expected to get was in the boxes.  When I first got it all set up (on Saturday) there was a problem with the SD card image and my Pi wouldn't boot all the way to a linux prompt.  I called support at Zoomhash, fully expecting them not to be there, but was surprised when Michael answered the phone.  After some preliminary diagnostics we decide to try re-imaging the card.  This was a bit of a hassle for me because I do not own any Windows machines and Michael's only instructions were based on my having Windows (I use Ubuntu 13.10).  I found a friend who was willing to let me come over and use his machine for a half-hour and used it to re-image my SD card.  Put the freshly imaged card into the RBPi and BAM! it booted exactly the way it was supposed to.  I followed the directions Michael had earlier sent me about configuring my set up and now I am mining at ~3 MH/s.

So the whole thing was moderately painless.  Zoomhash's customer service was awesome.

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zoomhash_michael

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:27:31 PM

I placed my order for a 10-ASIC kit, last Sunday (3/16/2014).  I got the ASICs on Thursday and the accessories on Saturday.  Everything I expected to get was in the boxes.  When I first got it all set up (on Saturday) there was a problem with the SD card image and my Pi wouldn't boot all the way to a linux prompt.  I called support at Zoomhash, fully expecting them not to be there, but was surprised when Michael answered the phone.  After some preliminary diagnostics we decide to try re-imaging the card.  This was a bit of a hassle for me because I do not own any Windows machines and Michael's only instructions were based on my having Windows (I use Ubuntu 13.10).  I found a friend who was willing to let me come over and use his machine for a half-hour and used it to re-image my SD card.  Put the freshly imaged card into the RBPi and BAM! it booted exactly the way it was supposed to.  I followed the directions Michael had earlier sent me about configuring my set up and now I am mining at ~3 MH/s.

So the whole thing was moderately painless.  Zoomhash's customer service was awesome.

Yes, there is a batch of corrupted cards  Undecided. We are posting the image right now to our site.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:22:30 AM

Zoomhash or anyone else in here.... I have 5 GS

-one will not hash scrypt in dual mode but will hash in sha mining BTC. the other 4 are all dual mining now, but for some reason the one simply will not hash scrypt no matter what I do or try, but it is hashing sha...... I really believe it is defective. Anyone having this problem? or know of a fix or flash for these things?

IF NOT:

Zoomhash, can it be exchanged for a working one?
THX
MMNC

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:56:31 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 11:53:29 PM by xstr8guy

Orders from the California stock late Thursday and received my 10 today.  Awesome delivery speed, thanks!  

My one small complaint... I was missing the standard USB to USB connector.  There was a mini USB to standard USB instead but that doesn't work with the supplied hub.

I'm still unpacking and I'll report back in a bit.

Edit, the micro USB to standard USB cord does work.  I just didn't notice the tiny connector on the hub.  My bad!
MrBobC

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:14:31 PM

I ordered a week ago and got my miners today and my accessories on Saturday.
Zoomhash_michael

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:34:47 PM

-one will not hash scrypt in dual mode but will hash in sha mining BTC. the other 4 are all dual mining now, but for some reason the one simply will not hash scrypt no matter what I do or try, but it is hashing sha...... I really believe it is defective. Anyone having this problem? or know of a fix or flash for these things?

IF NOT:

THX
MMNC

Sure send an email for RMA request for an exchange at:

info@zoomhash.com

The defect rate of these things are around 0.8%
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:51:23 PM

Well I couldn't get mine up and running at all.  The rPi seems to boot up and initialize each unit but then the OS just freezes.  I can't SSH into the rPi either because the IP isn't showing.  I looked for a new rPi image on Zoomhash but I couldn't find anything.  So I'm currently downloading the Hashra rPi image from their painfully slow dropbox account.  Over an hour for a 1GB file.  Bleah!   Tongue
Zoomhash_michael

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:06:40 AM

Well I couldn't get mine up and running at all.  The rPi seems to boot up and initialize each unit but then the OS just freezes.  I can't SSH into the rPi either because the IP isn't showing.  I looked for a new rPi image on Zoomhash but I couldn't find anything.  So I'm currently downloading the Hashra rPi image from their painfully slow dropbox account.  Over an hour for a 1GB file.  Bleah!   Tongue

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzcb4pVcZm--WFotcFNKYU0wQVk/edit?usp=sharing

Some of the SD cards got corrupted. Try that and let us know if it helps. Sorry, next batch we will be using a better sd card writer :X
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:43:45 AM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzcb4pVcZm--WFotcFNKYU0wQVk/edit?usp=sharing

Some of the SD cards got corrupted. Try that and let us know if it helps. Sorry, next batch we will be using a better sd card writer :X

Thanks but I get a "disk image is corrupted" message when I try to use the img file.  The Hashra img works great though.  All 10 each hashing at 360KHs at core clock 850Mhz.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:36:25 AM

IF NOT:

THX
MMNC

info@zoomhash.com

Hey Michael, I will do that. I just finished triple checking everything even the usb cable from the GS lol, anyways all the others are hashing, but this one refuses to scrypt hash.... there is know doubt, its defective Sad 
Thx for responding in here and I will start the RMA.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:45:28 AM

IF NOT:

THX
MMNC

info@zoomhash.com

Hey Michael, I just sent an email to the above link. I did sent it from a different email other than what's on my Zoomhash account, will that matter??? if so I can send from that email account. Let me know if that's an issue, didn't think about it until after I sent.

massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:30:12 PM

Side note:

I guess I was one of the last suckers to pay 249.00 each last Tuesday and then on top of that 1 is defective and will have to be returned for exchange, plus return shipping fee's........ there all over the place now as low as 198.00 ,,,, day late and a dollar short I guess Sad
and I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT IS THE WEEK BEFORE  WHEN I ORDERED 1 FOR TESTING I ONLY PAID 225.00.  A WEEK LATER (last Tuesday) I HAD TO PAY 249.00?? Did someone at Zoomhash see the mass selling of these and get a little greedy? Still don't understand the big price jump, and now they are dirt cheap. Just sux a little, plus the high dollar defective one...  Just feel I way over paid by 200.00 bucks on the 4 I ordered last week.... and I was going to get 5 but the dang price shot up 25.00 each?? ok, just whining, which I normally don't lol Good Night

I gotta agree that your 249 was a bit high. That said, double check some of the other sellers. I have seen these as low as 189, but then they tack on some bloated shipping fee that gets you right back up into the area around 230, and no deal on shipping more than one.
MrBobC

Activity: 110

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:37:07 PM

If you get 20 GS with no acceessories and no support, Zoomhash is now $165ea.
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:11:44 PM

Hey mass..... Here is what I'm talking about.

http://hash-master.com/

My desire is to stick with Zoomhash but I need a little love right about now. A defective unit and 249.00 WHEW! I'm a little bothered....

EDIT: Yes it was a "bit" high! especially when I paid 225.00 less than a week before from these guys. I planed to buy more based on that price, then for some unknown reason they shot up to 249.00 the day I planned to order them , in order to get by this past Saturday,,, so it was either buy the JACKED price or don't get any till this week.... I should have waited or shopped around. I just put my blind faith and trust in Zoomhash, I know better now. I hate feeling like a chump  Embarrassed

I'm not seeing it...  what am I looking for here? I am seeing one GS for 198 that does not include the power adapter. ZH sells them now for about the same price with the power plug. One GS with all accessories is 248 at this link. Am I missing something or was this price the same last week?

I'm sure your defective unit will be taken care of if the rest of the feedback is any indicator. Sorry you had to deal with that though, pain in the ass for sure ;P

I think trust but verify is a good policy here. I still trust that ZH will be bringing these at a competitive price point, and he has shown some pretty good service so far. But taking time to verify that before you order can't hurt either Wink
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:43:25 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 10:53:47 PM by MinermanNC

My desire is to stick with Zoomhash but I need a little love right about now. A defective unit and 249.00 WHEW! I'm a little bothered....

EDIT: Yes it was a "bit" high! especially when I paid 225.00 less than a week before from these guys. I planed to buy more based on that price, then for some unknown reason they shot up to 249.00 the day I planned to order them , in order to get by this past Saturday,,, so it was either buy the JACKED price or don't get any till this week.... I should have waited or shopped around. I just put my blind faith and trust in Zoomhash, I know better now. I hate feeling like a chump  Embarrassed

I'm not seeing it...  what am I looking for here? I am seeing one GS for 198 that does not include the power adapter. ZH sells them now for about the same price with the power plug. One GS with all accessories is 248 at this link. Am I missing something or was this price the same last week?

I'm sure your defective unit will be taken care of if the rest of the feedback is any indicator. Sorry you had to deal with that though, pain in the ass for sure ;P

I think trust but verify is a good policy here. I still trust that ZH will be bringing these at a competitive price point, and he has shown some pretty good service so far. But taking time to verify that before you order can't hurt either Wink
A simple apples to apples comparison,,,,lol, a GS with nothing but a usb cable and 2 barrel plugs for 198 or the same thing from Zoom for 249 less than a weeks ago that's all. They seem to be giving them a run for the money though Hey 50 bucks is 50 bucks x 4 200.00 Just aggravated and then the defect to add insult to injury. Ok enough said. I almost got what I paid for. Im still waiting almost 24 hours now for a RMA email back to me?? I guess I feel better when its all resolved. And use my credit points I think I have on account now....lol maybe  one day.
I do like the GS though, fun to play with like a new toy lol
I guess I get to easily agitated after what happened on terrahash  Angry

I do agree Zoom has done a good job with shipping and order processing etc, and they do seem responsive based on post in here Smiley

MysteryX

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:58:42 PM

Feeling gutted I only got mine 2 weeks ago and cost almost 5 grand for 20. Price has dropped hard.
IchibahnSLC

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:33:14 PM

I am Order #2049 placed on Monday night, shipping confirmation received at 5AM on Tuesday morning, and a tracking number on Wednesday for the Gridseeds from China.  Still don't have those, they sat for a day in Alaska.  Haven't heard a peep on the package from LA with the accessories.  Maybe tomorrow, if, as it said in the description, it was shipped "Priority Mail." My description said the following:

This set includes the following:

10 Gridseed Units
10 USB Cables
1 Raspberry Pi pre-loaded with mining software. Ready to mine!
1 PSU for SCRYPT Mining Only. (Dual mining is not worth it. You make less money anyways since it slows down the scrypt cores).
10 Power Cables specially designed so its plug and play ready. No splicing. No soldering. No stripping.
1 Powered USB Hub

Yesterday I got the instructions for the plug and play kit, it was a PDF.

We'll have to wait and see what happens.

The accessories are coming from Los Angeles. There were weather issues in Alaska recently that delayed the flights. What was your tracking number?

We now have an option for the 10 or 20 packs to be shipped from Los Angeles instead. Thanks!

I did see the option for shipping from Los Angeles.  You should mention it is $600 more than shipping from the factory.  I see my package is sitting at the Fedex place waiting to be delivered on Monday.  Doesn't help me anyway if I don't have the power accessories from LA, which I have no information about.

Let me check when i get in the office. We are pulling overtime on the weekends to make sure everyones ok. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Can you please let me know what I can do about warrantying my doa?

You can send it to our address in USA that I just pm'ed you.

Try that with other sellers. I think the defect rate for these things is around 1% from our experience.

Btw, soldering to overvolt voids the warranty so please be aware of the risk. If we see a unit that has solder marks on the PCB board, we can not return it to gridseed for a new one. Therefore, we can not exchange it for you.

Thanks!

I'm sending 2 over to you.  I'll label them but 1 sparked right when plugged in and the other doesn't hash. Only blinks green.  I have tested the second unit on 3 different configurations and miners and still nothing.  So total we received 2 bad ones out of the 42 we ordered. Will be shipping them out tomorrow or Thursday.
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:51:11 PM

Feeling gutted I only got mine 2 weeks ago and cost almost 5 grand for 20. Price has dropped hard.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same. Mostly though regarding the GPUs bought in Dec, those became worthless much quicker than expected.

Gridseed has done a great job at mass producing these and making it easy for people acquire them quickly. The downside to this is difficulty skyrockets lowering profitability.

I am very tempted to go in for more at the latest offer of $165/each for 20 units, but am beginning to think it might be best to wait until the price levels out at what the manufacture is willing to go to. KNC announcing a unit for $10K for 100Mh/s (for $100 per 1 Mh/s) also makes me think the price will continue on down.
ZBC3

Activity: 361

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:31:17 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 04:09:33 AM by ZBC3

ZH

Sent you PM.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:00:13 AM

Got my RMA info.. Smiley feeling a little better now lol

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: