Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:39:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [INSTOCK in California] Selling Gridseed Asics. Ship from California. [$235]  (Read 48993 times)
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:04:36 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 11:00:30 PM by CartmanSPC

Feeling gutted I only got mine 2 weeks ago and cost almost 5 grand for 20. Price has dropped hard.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same. Mostly though regarding the GPUs bought in Dec, those became worthless much quicker than expected.

Gridseed has done a great job at mass producing these and making it easy for people acquire them quickly. The downside to this is difficulty skyrockets lowering profitability.

I am very tempted to go in for more at the latest offer of $165/each for 20 units, but am beginning to think it might be best to wait until the price levels out at what the manufacture is willing to go to. KNC announcing a unit for $10K for 100Mh/s (for $100 per 1 Mh/s) also makes me think the price will continue on down.

When you put it that way ($100 per 1 Mh/s) I too find it hard to order more at $165 for 360 Kh/s  Undecided

...but when is the KnCMiner shipping? Q2/Q3 2014. By that time I bet their 100 Mh/s will be more like 120-140 Mh/s for $10k. With the price of alts sinking lately I'm thinking it would be best to wait...but of course I wont! Tongue (this being a hobby for me...if it was a business, well...)

I also paid extra to get these early knowing that the distributor cost was in the $150-160 range (maybe less now). I was okay with it then and am still now. It was a short window of opportunity for distributors to make some great margins and who can blame them. If cost is currently $150 then a $165 sale price would be a margin of 10%...still not bad...well, less after shipping and returns/operations so maybe 5-8%.

At $165 these miners are about the same price to performance ratio of a 290x not factoring in electricity cost. The electricity savings is what sold me.

Edit:
KNC is now 250 Mh/s for 10K or $40 per 1 Mh/s! These should be priced at $14.40  Shocked

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slider162

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:57:14 AM

Is there any way to see the individual hash rate of the miners in the Zoomhash image distributed with the Rasperry Pi?
ZBC3

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:06:13 AM

Has anyone heard from ZH since March 22?
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:10:36 PM

Received my box of accessories yesterday.. very nice.

Also received email comm regarding my latest order with DHL tracking number early AM today.

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Grazien

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:06:15 PM

Good afternoon Zoomhash,

This is order #2052 again. I received the accessories box today but I noticed that I am missing the 10 power cables for the miners. Taking inventory of the box, I received:

10 Mini-USB to USB Cables
1 Micro-USB to USB Cable
1 USB Type B to USB Cable
1 Raspberry Pi with Case
1 SD card for Raspberry Pi
1 5v 2a wall wart PSU
2 PSU (12v 8a)
13 port USB Hub
1 PSU (5v 5a)

There were no DC pig tails? If that is the case, we will overnight some to you. Sorry about that, need to go scream at my fulfillers.

Good morning,

Did you guys send out the DC splitters yet? They have not arrived.
Zoomhash_michael

Activity: 334

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:33:49 PM

We are here. Just getting too many orders.

We hired 5 more people on our team. Should smooth out a lot of things.
IchibahnSLC

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:55:24 AM

We are here. Just getting too many orders.

We hired 5 more people on our team. Should smooth out a lot of things.

My 2 defective units are on the way to you.  Please PM me tracking info when you send me the replacements. Thank you!
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:41:45 PM

Zoomhash_Michael. please check your Zoomhash email as well as a PM I sent you this morning. I have been waiting to hear back all day from you!  Undecided

THX
MMNC

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:44:47 PM

I am considering buying the 20xGridseed pack - however, I have a few questions:

1) What size is the barrel plug (2.1mm or 2.5mm) for Gridseed? Also, what size is the barrel plug on the 12V power supply sold on the site?
2) A single Pi can handle up to 32 USB devices (thus, 32 Gridseeds), correct? Will the software support this number? (I switched over to cgminer for more accurate reporting)
3) The mycode10 coupon doesn't really apply a 10% discount as it says in the email, does it? It's more like 5-6% - is this intended?

Regards,
Pandaisftw

NXT: 13095091276527367030
IchibahnSLC

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:45:23 AM

Zoomhash_Michael. please check your Zoomhash email as well as a PM I sent you this morning. I have been waiting to hear back all day from you!  Undecided

THX
MMNC

Good luck. I still have not received my 2 warranty units or even a PM with an update.
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:23:47 AM

2) A single Pi can handle up to 32 USB devices (thus, 32 Gridseeds), correct? Will the software support this number? (I switched over to cgminer for more accurate reporting)

I can't tell you about the ZH image, but assuming the limitation is the pi itself I saw it max out at 18. The pi could barely do anything else so checking the hashrate locally was a pain. Luckily the pi is cheap and takes nearly no power, plan accordingly.
gbyg

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:24:57 PM

I can't tell you about the ZH image, but assuming the limitation is the pi itself I saw it max out at 18. The pi could barely do anything else so checking the hashrate locally was a pain. Luckily the pi is cheap and takes nearly no power, plan accordingly.

I could be wrong, but i thought max is 32 usb device for pi run stale if you dont use cpuminer. running 32 instance of cpu miner in a RPI wont be a stable IMO
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 04:26:41 PM

I could be wrong, but i thought max is 32 usb device for pi run stale if you dont use cpuminer. running 32 instance of cpu miner in a RPI wont be a stable IMO

I can get to 10 instances before it dies.   I have 3 Pi's and a lightening asic controller in a drawer.

Of course I have 17 ZoomHash grids in a box waiting for my USB cables from monoprice (3 DOA)

zedomax

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 12:26:54 AM

I can get to 10 instances before it dies.   I have 3 Pi's and a lightening asic controller in a drawer.

Of course I have 17 ZoomHash grids in a box waiting for my USB cables from monoprice (3 DOA)

Try using Cgminer, much better, image here: http://highoncoins.com/litecoin-rig/how-to-make-stackable-tower-gridseed-rig-with-raspberry-pi-pre-built-cgminer/
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 03:32:36 AM

Try using Cgminer, much better, image here: http://highoncoins.com/litecoin-rig/how-to-make-stackable-tower-gridseed-rig-with-raspberry-pi-pre-built-cgminer/

I will not use prebuilt xxx.  but thanks.

massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:31:21 AM

Sorry this wasn't my rig, all I can tell you is that on a stock pi with cgminer in scrypt only when we plugged in #19 and #20, the pi would keep hashing with the 18 but wouldn't pick up the new devices. Maybe the software is to blame but I couldn't get a keyboard or mouse working either so that made me think the pi couldn't handle any more.
phreakk

Activity: 307

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:31:26 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know that they should check their gridseed units to make sure that the heatsink actually is touching the chips.

One of my units had a heatsink that must have been machined too far down, the thermal pad wasn't even touching anything, the pad looked brand new when I opened it for voltmod.

I could easily see a flashlight through the whole unit where the heatsink would normally be touching the chips.

I had to smash the heatsink down sliding the fins between each other about 2mm and tighten the screws real good to ensure a secure contact with the chips.

Luckily, I haven't used the miners for mining SHA256, only Scrypt, so my chips didn't get damaged.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     █▀█▄              █▀ ▀█▄
     █  ▀█▄          ▄█     ▀█▄
     █    ▀█▄       █▀         ▀▄
     █       █▄   ▄█             ▀█▄
     █         ▀▄█▀                ▀█▄
     █          ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
     █         ██▌ █▄                ▄█▀
     █        █▌█▌   █▄            ▄▀
     █       ▐▌ █     ▀█▄       ▄█▀
     █      ▐█  █       ▀█▄   ▄█▀
     █      █  ▐█         ▀█▄▀
     █     █   ▐▌           ▀▄
     █    █   ▄▀ ▀█▄▄         ▀▄
     █   █▀ ▄█       ▀█▄▄       ▀▄
     █  █▌ █▀            ▀█▄▄     █▄
     █ ▐▌▄█                  ▀█▄▄  ▀█▄
     █▐██▀                       ▀█▄ ▀█▄
     ██▀                            ▀▀███
     █
RATEONIUM

GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM
██  ██

Twitter       Telegram     Reddit
█ RATE █    █ TRADE  █   █ INVEST █
Zoomhash_michael

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:25:55 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know that they should check their gridseed units to make sure that the heatsink actually is touching the chips.

One of my units had a heatsink that must have been machined too far down, the thermal pad wasn't even touching anything, the pad looked brand new when I opened it for voltmod.

I could easily see a flashlight through the whole unit where the heatsink would normally be touching the chips.

I had to smash the heatsink down sliding the fins between each other about 2mm and tighten the screws real good to ensure a secure contact with the chips.

Luckily, I haven't used the miners for mining SHA256, only Scrypt, so my chips didn't get damaged.

Thanks for the tip.

Also, we would like to collect HONEST video testimonials about our site.

http://zoomhash.com/pages/video-testimonials

Please mention bitcointalk username and introduce yourself and what you have bought on Zoomhash.

First two users to do so will receive a $50 Zoomhash gift certificate.

Next two users will receive $20 gift certificates.

Next two after that will receive $10 gift certificates.

Thanks! We never moderate our threads and we always ask for honest reviews.
anarchyx914

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:45:28 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 10:26:09 PM by anarchyx914

Michael has taken care of all of my outstanding issues I have. While it was a frustrating road so far, he has eased my mind and taken care of me beyond the cables I needed.

Thanks for the service.

Zoomhash_michael

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:00:53 PM

I wanted to take a moment to share my feedback about Zoomhash. To give everyone background, I bought (3) 20 packs of Gridseeds from them when they first set them up.

I have had a number of issues with my purchase and I will outline those below:

• They shipped my accessories in 2 separate orders and used 2 duplicate labels for them. I had to goto USPS and pay the shipping cost for the 2nd label to pick my order up
  • They shipped me accessories to only power 20 of my 60 gridseeds. They sent me more when I told them about this, but had to wait an additional 2 days.
  • They shipped my 20 packs with 12v power supplies that branch off into 8 gridseed cables. Every single one of these power bricks that had the 8 way splitters has died in less than a month.
  • The power bricks that have 4 way splitters are fine, but I fear that they will also die.
  • They told me they were sending me PCI-E replacement cables for my gridseeds (60 of them) and only send me cables to power 36 gridseeds in total, clearly not enough for my 60.
  • Of those 12 power cables, 6 of them were FEMALE MOLEX, they cannot at all plug into a PSU molex connector as those are also Female. I looked everywhere and I cannot find any Male to male molex cables to allow me to use them with my PSU. Even then, I shouldnt have to buy additional accessories when these were sold as plug and play.

On the customer service side of things, Michael has been helpful and very customer focus driven. While he was very helpful in resolving some errors, the amount of issues I have had with my $12,000+ purchase is ridiculous.

24 of my gridseeds are now down completely. I have a total of 60, 24 are out of commission due to blown 12v power bricks with less than a month on the clock. I can only hope these weak power bricks did not do any permanent lasting damage to the gridseeds by under powering them.

The 12v Power bricks that they shipped me get dangerously hot, to the point of burning my hand (I cannot keep my hand on them for more than 10 seconds). I do not think these cheap bricks are meant to run an 8 way splitter to power these.

If I have one positive comment about Zoomhash, it would be that both Richard and Michael have been very helpful, and have corrected every issue I have brought to their attention in a timely manner. They have demonstrated great customer service in regards to my situation.

I think what I am getting sick of is the sheer amount of problems I have had in general. I think that all of these problems could have been avoided by being upfront with customers ordering the 20 packs and telling them that they were splitting off of these bricks. When I ordered it was not mentioned how the devices were powered and when I asked the sales rep he didnt know. If I had known they were being powered this way I would not have ordered them. I would have ordered the 340watt PSUs that everyone else is using with open ended terminals.

Here are some pics of the cables I can't really use...

PM your order number and phone number. We will take care of you. Sorry about that
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: