Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:17:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you keep your coins physically secure?  (Read 1393 times)
gbsray

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:40:31 PM

On the Internet, as in everyday life, you need to be careful. Losing coins can be very easy if your wallet is hacked, it just need to go to the wrong link
mazesta

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:43:24 PM

yes, I always keep my coin assets. I am always careful in making transactions and always check the authenticity of the link or web before visiting it
nabilanur

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:58:37 PM

I will be preserving my own money almost all within my finances yet We have retain my own exclusive tips or perhaps pw in the universal serial bus where I will be preserving that within my risk-free along with my own passport and also almost all crucial files. My partner and i Will not merely help save that anyware. We have in addition, it within my notebook yet my own notebook will be attached and contains security password and also My partner and i will not carry it everywhere therefore it is risk-free in the home.
SventraPapere

Activity: 410
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:13:01 PM

It's not about paranoia,it's about banal security.It is better to be safe once again, then nothing will happen!After all, as practice shows, it is only once to relax and lose vigilance.As immediately that any is happening.I keep my coins in a special vallet,and passwords in a few instances originally in different secure locations.After hearing stories about lost codes from wallets with thousands of bitcoins, as it immediately decided to be safe) And what you advise.What if you were robbed, stolen computer or it burned down or drowned?)A lot can happen,so it's not worth the risk.Store cryptocurrency on special wallets and sleep peacefully.Only duplicate passwords and hide.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
yorannic

Activity: 317

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:44:07 PM

I think it's all solved by a cold wallet such as LAGER NANO or TRESOR. and then you can leave the laptop on the table in the Starbucks as well as before.
GizmoCoinTEAM

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:47:55 PM

Physically secure means hardware wallet? Actually, I am planning to buy a hardware wallet very soon. At this moment I am using metamask wallet to secure my coins. I think metamask is far far better wallet than so-called myetherwallet. But everyone knows, the best wallet is the physical wallet and they are Nano ledger and trezor.
LinkinPrak

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:54:59 PM

Indeed we as crypto currency players must be vigilant when facing a situation that we must leave our device for some time, for example as you say when leaving a laptop just to go to the toilet. If I become you then before going to the toilet I will close all my laptop access with a password then turn off the laptop temporarily and bring my laptop with me to the toilet. Indeed this step seems more complicated but security is more guaranteed. Indeed we should be vigilant in various situations.
Phinoy

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:09:17 PM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

Where does the line between paranoia and reasonable physical security meet?

What for one might seem reasonable for another it might seem complete madness. Its just a matter of perspective, some people will think you are crazy for doing so much work to secure some coins and others will still think you can do more. I think watching out to what wi-fi you connect when you go to a public space or having a good antivirus, etc its just the smart thing to do.

I'm keeping my coins not only physically but i always monitor it in my account so i can surly and relaxed that my coin is safe it just a remained to us that not only in physical way keeping something but we have to be responsible to any thing.
capn

Activity: 236

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:25:36 PM

We're all aware of the risks of keeping our coins on online wallets and exchange wallets, but many of us still keep our coins on our own devices.

Are we keeping our devices secure? Its instinctual to not leave your fiat money wallet unattended in a public place but what about your bitcoin wallet? Are you leaving leaving the laptop you're writing your novel on the table at Starbucks when you go the bathroom? The laptop with your electrum wallet, your life savings.

I am using a paid antivirus, hardware wallet, encrypted messaging, generated 30 symbols passwords, (unique for all the cases).
I believe, that hackers will have a hard-time hacking me, lol.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Lorna111

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:37:35 PM

What for one might seem reasonable for another it might seem complete madness. Its just a matter of perspective, some people will think you are crazy for doing so much work to secure some coins and others will still think you can do more. I think watching out to what wi-fi you connect when you go to a public space or having a good antivirus, etc its just the smart thing to do.

We have our own safety net that being practice, Yes, our individual coins are all keep in our Devices, secured and well protected from any possible causes of damage. Its not paranoia but just security concerns, it is a hard earn coin from profits, investment in the market, we should never leave our Wallet in an open and not secured place even in our house.
Raggie

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:05:11 AM

Yes of course, we need to keep our coins or tokens both physically and logically secure.
usually im saving my wallet info in some storage. Then safe the storage to a safe place somewhere.
create the backup as well because sometime you can forget where you store it.
tofus

Activity: 347

The Future Of Work

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:00:26 PM

I think paranoia and reasonable physical security have a first meeting when his owner begins to experience fear of losing it.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
Tides_Network (OP)

Activity: 61

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 05:43:08 AM

Indeed we as crypto currency players must be vigilant when facing a situation that we must leave our device for some time, for example as you say when leaving a laptop just to go to the toilet. If I become you then before going to the toilet I will close all my laptop access with a password then turn off the laptop temporarily and bring my laptop with me to the toilet. Indeed this step seems more complicated but security is more guaranteed. Indeed we should be vigilant in various situations.

Yes definitely turning off your laptop when in the bathroom is a wise decision.

ICO-free decentralized health insurance project
https://t.me/tidesnetwork
https://www.Tides.Network
Tides_Network (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 03:14:28 AM

Well, I think my wallets are safe in my own device.None has the right to touch or use my device without my permission. Moreover, I don't share my wallets private key with anyone as I'm not a fool.So, It is safe as long as it iis in my own devices.

Always wise to avoid sharing your private key, but also wise to store your private key in more than one spot that of course only you know.

Tides_Network (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 03:46:24 AM

We keep our coins in our own specific manners that we know it that it is in an exceptionally anchored place and we are likewise in charge of it if whatever conceivable to happen, simply don't put all your egg in one crate since the sky is the limit to occur in advanced world.

Exactly, keeping all your eggs in one basket, even a secure basket is unwise. Storing all your eggs in at least two extremely secure and separate baskets is ideal.

dashcollector

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:51:37 AM

No, currently to reduce risks of hack, I just split the investments in different exchanges.
julielyn

Activity: 186

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:09:28 AM

Yes i secure safety my all tokens I do not share my private key I'm the one who transacts your tokens to avoid losing my tokens even in my family I do not say it all my account I only know .
Impros88

Activity: 293

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:35:22 AM

Yes I do, I'm following all the rules which is mandatory in order to keep my wallet secure with all those passwords for 35 symbols and etc. I'm not having a big wealth on those but just in case I would Smiley
Amokomowo2005

Activity: 140

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 07:44:58 AM

Exchange dont need to be trusted this days as most of them fake hacking of their site, i do save my coin physically secured so thar i wont lose at the end.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:15:51 AM

Exchange dont need to be trusted this days as most of them fake hacking of their site, i do save my coin physically secured so thar i wont lose at the end.

If we want to keep our coin/token more safe, we should store our coin on our own wallet. If we decide using exchanger, we should put high security on it by installing 2FA. Its much more safe for us if we store our coin and token on our hard wallet but not many of us have it, so i think the best thing to do is always keep safe our private key
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: