Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:34:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will smartphones used for bitcoin mining?  (Read 4835 times)
jane05

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:52:28 AM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?

I think using smartphones for mining is hard mate, since mining needs big GPU to make your income fast and smartphones only have small battery life and capacity of its storage.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:11:01 AM

As we all know that smartphones are just like computer nowadays that has strong storage capacity and processor. This I think could be enable to mine bitcoin and this is what I am waiting for if there are any smartphones company that would offer their smartphones for bitcoin mining or even as a smartphone that works as digital hardware wallet for bitcoin and other crypto. I am waiting for it to happen. Do you think that it will happen?
Starting at now, cell phones don't have the ability to mine since they don't have the illustrations card that is reasonable for Mining. Later on it may be conceivable on the grounds that innovation is rising quickly. In the event that you truly need to mine now you truly require a major measure of cash and you have to counsel individuals who have involvement in mining so as to make your digital currency mining fruitful.
victorski

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:58:08 AM

I've already heard about something called as far as I remember Electrum, or somthing like that... This is the thing that you can mine with your smartphone only without any additional needed.
farosa

Activity: 506

1 & 0 😏

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:10:29 PM

As far as I know, there's a mining program for Monero. Not only Monero, even some other altcoins can also mine. But the money you earn from it will be very small and you will waste time and it can make your phone useless.
noneedmoney

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:52:07 PM

It is impossible for a smartphone to mine. because the computer just needs a tool that costs $ 15,000. if using a smartphone to membang need a lot of money to buy the smartphone.
talenah kotang

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:02:28 PM

I was reading a news that a company is working on such mobiles. Let us see if such mobiles are developed.
You read the news where, I wonder if it is true? If that's true, that's good news because so far I know smartphones will not support bitcoin mining.
show the link you read?
fomiche

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:26:58 PM

It is possible to make such mobiles especially for companies like iPhone. But will they take that route.
wolffy0216

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:36:19 PM

It is possible to make such mobiles especially for companies like iPhone. But will they take that route.

I don't think so, I cannot think a way how mobile phone can be able to mine bitcoin that will give us good profit, they can mine but it is not profitable now because of the difficulty per block.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
leeheidrick

Activity: 106

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:40:26 PM

yeah maybe it will happen in the future, but we have to think 100 times because mining bitcoin requires a lot of electricity and requires an internet connection, so it must be in mind, whether it will profit if mining bitcoin using a smartphone or will lose and even make a broken smartphone
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:31:11 PM

As long as the market can accept of course they will do it, let alone bitcoin users is so great that if there is a company like iPhone that makes smartphone for the purpose of mining of course is a good idea.

metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:35:20 PM

This is the most silly statement nowadays, how come you want to mine bitcoin using your smartphone?? Even if it could be used for mining i dont think a low end specs phone can be used and if you're going to use high specs smartphone it can cost you even half of the price compared to a mining rig while it destroy your phone and it doesn't guarantee if you can get half of the production from your phone comparing with the rig. You're losing the main function of phone which used mainly for make a call
runway

Activity: 77

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:40:50 PM

This is never possible with a phone. Bitcoin is made up of very difficult algorithms. So it would not be possible to create with a phone.
dektox

Activity: 114
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:21:29 PM

Never. It doesn't sound smart to perform energy- and resources- consuming operations on mobile devices. I think that the only so-called "mining experience", pseudo-mining is possible (like Electroneum have - it is no more than the reward/bonus system)
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:35:10 PM

Too add, for people commenting that electroneum allows you to mine with your mobile phone it doesn't it only makes you think that you are mining as they are only allocating you hashrate based on the benchmark given to your phone, that is why unlike minergate it does not make you phone overheat as it really don't use your mobile phone's cpu power. I think they just want to introduce people in the world of mining and cryptocurrency in general that is why they created such cryptocurrency. If you don't believe me you should try it for yourselves for you to know.
kulagina

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:52:30 AM

Such mobiles will be very costly and I do not see them being a success. May be after 100 years, it becomes common though.
stepanovage

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:57:20 AM

Mining on mobiles may be possible for some alt coins. But to mine bitcoins, you need very strong processors.
martynovro

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:29:20 AM

With mobiles in market currently, it is not possible. But some company may come up with such a solution.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:37:48 AM

I think if bitcoin can be mined using a smartphone certainly requires a smartphone specification is very qualified, because if we use only pc mining it takes a large VGA spec, but not unwise as the development of technology in the future smartphone can also be used to mine bitcoin, but certainly it will also affect the bitcoin price
droptableguy2

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:57:22 AM

Too add, for people commenting that electroneum allows you to mine with your mobile phone it doesn't it only makes you think that you are mining as they are only allocating you hashrate based on the benchmark given to your phone, that is why unlike minergate it does not make you phone overheat as it really don't use your mobile phone's cpu power. I think they just want to introduce people in the world of mining and cryptocurrency in general that is why they created such cryptocurrency. If you don't believe me you should try it for yourselves for you to know.
I do not remember, it seems like last year there was an exhibition of smartphones just for the Blockchain market. I do not recall the name of the event, but it was the place where the phones were made for electronic money. And security is very high. As most investors tend to track fluctuations with smart phones, specialty phones still have better features.

jeromix
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

Ako Bayot!

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:02:53 AM

Well it could be good to have a smartphone that could use to mine bitcoin or any other crypto because it could help us earn in a little way of smartphone doing mining using smartphone. However, some of the members are stating about the possibilities of some technical problems. And if these smartphones could overcome this problem then definitely smartphone will be one of the best mining equipment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: