Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:37:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NO! Do Not Invest all you have on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies  (Read 3819 times)
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 01:56:39 PM

True, the current digital money is not stable! Every investment can be very risky! So do not invest everything you have, invest in everything you can lose.
arifin eky

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:12:01 PM

there is a point too, do not let all the money we have in invested in bitcoin until there is nothing left, because the bitcoin itself is very volatile.

it is feared that the state of the asset is all down and we need money for other needs unfulfilled, then our situation will deteriorate. the good step is 50% invest in bitcoin and 50% again for other needs.
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:17:08 PM

Of course, why you have to invest all you have in crypto, you need to leave atleast 30% incase you didnt succeed in crypto.  But crypto has a potential to generate some passive income for you, it is on how you manage to work well. In short dont just invest,  find some ways to succeed.
Yes, bitcoin is great, it will make you earn big profit, but that does not mean that you will invest all your money on it. Crypto currency is promising but we know that its not safe, because someone might steal it to you. So its better just to invest some of your money, and saved some for safety purposes, for you to not regret it when its price down.
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

A good advice! Digital money is quite risky! Investing all leads to huge risks! Consider carefully before implementation!
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:24:44 PM

yes I quite agree with you, because I think everything that is excessive is not good, investing as well as business should still use mathematical calculation count instead of using hayalan, we still have to think about risk and I think the risk of investing in btc big enough because btc prices are unstable, people can become rich in just minutes but may also happen otherwise, do not we invest aims to change lives to be better but it is wrong if to achieve that goal we sacrifice all that we have today, suggestions me if we want to invest in btc think as we are going to start a business in the real world, use capital as much as we can with any note of risk that will come even though we lose that capital we will still be able to run life normally with the meaning all our financial needs can still be fulfilled and that certainly does not leave debt
kiboloves

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:27:43 PM

I agree with your suggestion very much. I know that many people have lost a lot of money in this year's encrypted money market, which is mainly related to their risk control capabilities. You know, no matter what the market is all about, that is, high yield means high risk.
Maiscoinyelo

Activity: 175
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:30:09 PM

I have read several posts on this forum where people have claimed to have invested all the money they have on Bitcoin, I also read a post where a guy claimed to have used all the $20,000 his uncle gave him to also invest in Bitcoin, some even sold their landed property. The reason for these risks and others is the firm believe that Bitcoin would be $50,000 - $100,000 by the year 2019 or thereabout.

First, I must say that I admire the courage and high risk appetite of such persons. But, I must also warn.
Yes, It is good for everyone to have high hopes for Bitcoin, and also hope it gets to 100k USD in future, but you should also consider a safety factor in anything you do including investing.

Mathematically,

DO NOT Assume,
P(Success of future term) = 1 ; and
P(Failure of future term) = 0

This implies that, you must always leave a little fraction for probability of failure which in this case is the safety factor, no matter how little the fraction may be. Simply put, you don't have absolute control of what happens to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies in the future.

Invest wisely, only invest what you can afford to loose

Just a piece of advice.

What are your own suggestions?

I agree that do not invest all you have in bitcoin specially if you don't have enough knowledge in investing money. You must first have investing strategy before putting a high amount of money in gamble because there is a chance that you regret.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
solenn heussaff

Activity: 116
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:32:03 PM

I have read several posts on this forum where people have claimed to have invested all the money they have on Bitcoin, I also read a post where a guy claimed to have used all the $20,000 his uncle gave him to also invest in Bitcoin, some even sold their landed property. The reason for these risks and others is the firm believe that Bitcoin would be $50,000 - $100,000 by the year 2019 or thereabout.

First, I must say that I admire the courage and high risk appetite of such persons. But, I must also warn.
Yes, It is good for everyone to have high hopes for Bitcoin, and also hope it gets to 100k USD in future, but you should also consider a safety factor in anything you do including investing.

Mathematically,

DO NOT Assume,

This implies that, you must always leave a little fraction for probability of failure which in this case is the safety factor, no matter how little the fraction may be. Simply put, you don't have absolute control of what happens to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies in the future.

Just a piece of advice.

Yes, don't invest all you have in bitcoin because it will make you regret if your investing did not succeed. You must first have knowledge about bitcoin and you must have investing strategy before investing. You can start investing in low price.
deathland113

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:34:14 PM

Yes, certainly none of us telling the story about put all of your money to invest on bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. This is high-risk investment. Most people only do their free money always note "don't risk what you can't afford to lose"
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:36:41 PM

I agree, and that is what people should supposedly do. Invest only on what they can and are afford to lose because trading is risky and wont be all profits all the time. Thats why I shifted to long term too because I realized since the money I have invested are the amount I am risking to lose then whats the reason for me to stare at it almost all the time. I still have so much to learn from in trading too so I did not gambled my money in short term or day trading because I feel like the market is not that stable and I might lose everything because of my lack of knowledge in trading.
MrCrank

Activity: 1330
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:53:43 PM

Very good advice.
In fact, I think that everybody should understand that crypto market is the same as any other market, stock market, Forex etc.
It's very risky so please be careful before investing.
The best strategy, in my opinion, is to invest only money youcan afford to loose and to diversify your investment.

Right!
If invest all money to Bitcoin for long term, may be get good profit.
In any case can lose value/amount in fiat but amount coins of BTC are constant. 
jeffer8035

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:58:46 PM

very wise your advice very good information all investment carries a risk of putting all you have because it is not recommended I think you have to start from a little while you study well the terrain of the investment and know the technology once you have overcome or collected proven profits you could risk more but not launch one with everything because there is always a risk of losing so you have to do small experiments or studies before the investment that is going to be done, although the bitcoin world has been criticized and demonized as bad but there is nothing like experiencing oneself to know it and there are conclusions to be drawn if it is good or bad, all according to one's own criteria or one's own

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
SIHIN

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:45:47 PM

I agree with you dont invest all you have in bitcoin and crypto or invest in every where. Because every investment has a risk. If you invest all you have you can be poor if some day bitcoin or cryptocurrencies or other investment decrease. So be wise. 
umar22pk

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 03:46:24 PM

It’s a very good suggestion that you never invest your all investment on a high risk in crypto or in bitcoin, because in the crypto market there is big pump & dump & no body exactly predict when market go up, so there is a chance that you lose your money.

To make secure your investment its better you invest an amount which you can bear & never invest a huge amount in a greed.
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:49:33 PM

Mathematically,

DO NOT Assume,

Just a piece of advice.

It is really important to diversify your investment so that if 1 fails you still have something left. We are firm believers of bitcoin but it is better not to put everything you have on bitcoin.

Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:00:58 PM

Of course, it is never worth investing all your money in the crypto currency. You should always remember the risks of such an investment. It can not be ruled out that in a few days all this may collapse. This did not even exclude Satoshi Nakamoto, who said that in twenty years there will be either a lot of transactions or there will be no bitcoin transactions.
akosiMalakas

Activity: 560
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:14:38 PM

Yes because we may need money and incidentally that the bitcoin price falls we do not have emergency funds available. So let's think about it. It is better to be smart and not be greedy. That's why we can achieve success.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌     Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬
maxilopez

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:25:08 PM

completely agree with the author. do not need to invest the last money and in no case credit, it is better not to enter the market at all

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:05:38 PM

Its repeatedly said here that do not invest more than you can afford to invest. But if someone still gets greedy and invests more than he could afford to lose than that's his problem. You don't have to feel bad about them. Cryptocurrency market is a risky market and one should know about the risks before investing in it.

Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:07:37 PM

If someone is considering investing all they have into crypto, they shouldn't be investing at all, anywhere. Never invest money you can't afford to lose.
Never invest all your money in bitcoin we know bitcoin is very unpredictable we dont know what happen tomorrow when it down or up the value, bitcoin is like gambling you need to bet if you don't know how to play the game you become losser.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: