Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:16:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NO! Do Not Invest all you have on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies  (Read 3818 times)
jozymens7

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 10:03:02 PM

Taking investment into consideration, people can choose to invest in whatever amount they want into btc and other cryptocurrencies but it depends on the  individual. You can choose to invest all or invest part in crypto.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raiden0729

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:06:43 PM

I have read several posts on this forum where people have claimed to have invested all the money they have on Bitcoin, I also read a post where a guy claimed to have used all the $20,000 his uncle gave him to also invest in Bitcoin, some even sold their landed property. The reason for these risks and others is the firm believe that Bitcoin would be $50,000 - $100,000 by the year 2019 or thereabout.

First, I must say that I admire the courage and high risk appetite of such persons. But, I must also warn.
Yes, It is good for everyone to have high hopes for Bitcoin, and also hope it gets to 100k USD in future, but you should also consider a safety factor in anything you do including investing.

Mathematically,

DO NOT Assume,
P(Success of future term) = 1 ; and
P(Failure of future term) = 0

This implies that, you must always leave a little fraction for probability of failure which in this case is the safety factor, no matter how little the fraction may be. Simply put, you don't have absolute control of what happens to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies in the future.

Invest wisely, only invest what you can afford to loose

Just a piece of advice.

What are your own suggestions?
truly, I concur with your recommendation, we ought not contribute all what we have, we additionally must be great at dealing with the cash we have, putting resources into kryto world is loaded with chance, let alone until further notice the cost is insecure, so do we offer resources the genuine article is that we need to put resources into the krypto advertise, if that happens then we will be a major misfortune, and can not by any means trust in the event that we can get a benefit that surpasses the genuine resources we have, however much as could reasonably be expected we ought to figure our pay so as not to lose enormous.
Ksu_bor345

Activity: 291
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:09:15 PM

Yes, unfortunately, even with such a reliable currency as bitcoin, something can go wrong. I agree with you that you should never invest the last money in crypto. Especially in a single coin. If there is an amount that you are not afraid to lose, the best way is to diversify. The risks are significantly reduced. But still the very first rule of the investor is "never invest the last or credit money and money you are afraid of losing". You should always prepare for the worst outcome of the event.
rukawa101

Activity: 93

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:10:13 PM

Yes everyone should learn that investment has some risk in it so you should never put all your money in cryptocurrency just put what you can afford to lose. But i think those people that put it all are desperate peoples thinking they'll gain more   
deonyx

Activity: 122
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 10:50:55 PM

Very important discussion, despite that everyone would definitely have their own say based on their personalities but it's very important to consider risk factors and also think about a case a emergency of need which may even cause the entire investment to be cut off too earlier than needed and eventually resulting to loss simply because all ones capital is pushed into crypto investments without prior plan for such times of emergency needs.
Huntler1993

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:18:53 PM

You are absolutely right, don't exceed you threshold, don't keep all your eggs in one basket. You might loose them all. Invest wisely and just make good of your profit. Always remember that little drops of water "profit" makes a mighty ocean "profit"
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:38:45 PM

This is a given! Why would anyone invest all of his savings into crypto?! That's plain crazy and stupid (sorry for the word)! This is not even called investment, it's suicide! Though many have actually done this and earned huge, it is not advisable. Just imagine all of the things they had to go through just because of what they did. I bet it's quite agonizing in a mental and emotional sense.

DES_MX

Activity: 216
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:42:17 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2018, 03:42:26 AM by DES_MX

Yes, Everyone shouldn't invest their entire money in one investment place. Always need to take a backup for any problem. Like if you invest your entire money and then somehow you got an accident or your house and everything burns when you were outside then what will happen? That's why everyone should make a backup before investing money.
Roberttran

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:49:13 PM

Thanks for advices.  Very good and very true. crypto as well as other investment markets. Beside the profit the risk is always accompanied. so Make the financial investment in your ability.  invest in idle money do not invest everything you have in something including crypto
Ayaah

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:59:03 PM

I have read several posts on this forum where people have claimed to have invested all the money they have on Bitcoin, I also read a post where a guy claimed to have used all the $20,000 his uncle gave him to also invest in Bitcoin, some even sold their landed property. The reason for these risks and others is the firm believe that Bitcoin would be $50,000 - $100,000 by the year 2019 or thereabout.

First, I must say that I admire the courage and high risk appetite of such persons. But, I must also warn.
Yes, It is good for everyone to have high hopes for Bitcoin, and also hope it gets to 100k USD in future, but you should also consider a safety factor in anything you do including investing.

Mathematically,

DO NOT Assume,

This implies that, you must always leave a little fraction for probability of failure which in this case is the safety factor, no matter how little the fraction may be. Simply put, you don't have absolute control of what happens to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies in the future.

Just a piece of advice.

You are right my friend, this information give us the best tips to be aware also the risk of our investment especially when we are dealing with big amount of money for our capital.
skibikipapa69

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:25:19 AM

Yes you are correct, it is not advisable to sell everything you have and invest it to bitcoin specially if you have little experience woth bitcoin and cryptocurrency. I suggest you start a little first, start woth an amount you are okay to lose and once you get the hang of it you can add more.
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:00:59 AM

Yes you are correct, it is not advisable to sell everything you have and invest it to bitcoin specially if you have little experience woth bitcoin and cryptocurrency. I suggest you start a little first, start woth an amount you are okay to lose and once you get the hang of it you can add more.

Agree, do not put all your savings in cryptocurrency as we all know, market is very unpredictable and you never know what will happen next. The best thing would be to invest money in cryptocurrency that you can afford to loose just in case if it will not be successful towards the end. Once your investment would gain, you may start to get your capital and leave the profit behind and let it stay for good.
JavaScriptlk

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:09:29 AM

yes, for sure because no one know what will happen in bitcoin and crypto market. you can be rich or poor just an eye
Max_fee

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 03:13:52 AM

You should never try it in your life. It is risky everywhere Grin Grin you should have another money in case there are something bad happen
Raufjoze

Activity: 317
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:02:23 AM

Mathematically,

DO NOT Assume,

Just a piece of advice.

true, it is very risky to invest all our possessions into the crypto currency. Because we know that the value of the crypto currency is unpredictable
Helex

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:35:38 AM

your advice is very true do not invest all your money in bitcoin and cryptocurrency. i agree that we can earn easy money with bitcoin but it is always risky because price is not always up and also we can see the live example of price, bitcoin near $20000 in dec 2017 and now near $8000 so who invest in dec 2017 is now in big pain.
Deathgamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:38:26 AM

Absolutely.Do not invest all your asset to bitcoin because we all know that crypto currency is volatile so it may rise or fall from time to time so I would suggest to only invest what you afford to lose so that whatever happens who will still have money to start all over agian.
Kaisar0

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:24:46 AM

Yes, I agree with you. I have a friend, who wanted to borrow money and invest in cryptocurrencies, it was in December. Now he is happy that he didn't borrow money. In my opinion, you should invest only free money, I mean money, which you can afford to lose.

MyCryptoBank.io  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――
aryani

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:35:05 AM

Do not invest all that we have in bitcoin, because there are still other crypto investment alternatives to be able to do, so we do not expect only one type of investment. In addition we must be able to control our emotions in investing so that we can invest patiently and calmly. Investing not only buy and hold, but also must understand the type of investment that we do and know the factors causing the movement of prices, so we will always get the results of the investment we do.
ngerok

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:59:55 AM

Taking investment into consideration, people can choose to invest in whatever amount they want into btc and other cryptocurrencies but it depends on the  individual. You can choose to invest all or invest part in crypto.
in Cryptocurrencies, the market value may change, you should think carefully, putting half the capital to invest in the bitcoin is safer. that way you still hold some money that later can be used to meet daily needs. so that your needs are met and investment is also running smoothly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: