Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:15:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NO! Do Not Invest all you have on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies  (Read 3818 times)
Shakiraroyce

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:16:10 PM

It is good that you repeat this advise to newbies who cannot understand how dangerous it can be to invest in crypto.

Every time that anyone is making an investment in crypto they should first ask themselves

can i afford to lose this sum if something goes wrong ?

If the answer is no, don't do that.......
tamarindbleu

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:33:31 PM

Investing all the money in anything is stupid. You can not risk so much, because there is always a risk of error and loss of money. It's obvious!
Before i also think to invest all of my money in bitcoin and other cryptocurrency but now i dont want risk all of my money with crypto because the market is very unstable and i dont know when it will recover, but i still invest the 70% of my money in crypto.
Betheng10

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:39:51 PM

Bitcoin/ cryptocurrency is an investment and like any other investment it has a possibility to be bankrupt or fail. It is not wise to invest in something you know a little about and I suggest to know bitcoin's technology rather than going with the trend of investing because of its price peak.

magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:43:49 PM

Very good advice.
In fact, I think that everybody should understand that crypto market is the same as any other market, stock market, Forex etc.
It's very risky so please be careful before investing.
The best strategy, in my opinion, is to invest only money youcan afford to loose and to diversify your investment.

I agree with this very much, i also dont support investors or users that invests all their money to bitcoin or to crypto and i think when somebody attempts and actually do that, that's insane.
btcnijuan

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:03:50 AM

Investing all you have is like a do or die situation, the person who does that have no other choice and plan in life, they just gamble all they have and see what will happens.
Kita Kita

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:19:22 PM

I agree with you! Do not invest all that you have in bitcoin, invest everything you can lose,
Wished everyone success!
I dont also like to invest all of my savings on cryptocurrency, because the market is not yet in very good condition but if the market will start to recover very well i will really put all of my money with bitcoin and other good cryptos.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
polyballz

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:30:29 PM

I have read several posts on this forum where people have claimed to have invested all the money they have on Bitcoin, I also read a post where a guy claimed to have used all the $20,000 his uncle gave him to also invest in Bitcoin, some even sold their landed property. The reason for these risks and others is the firm believe that Bitcoin would be $50,000 - $100,000 by the year 2019 or thereabout.

First, I must say that I admire the courage and high risk appetite of such persons. But, I must also warn.
Yes, It is good for everyone to have high hopes for Bitcoin, and also hope it gets to 100k USD in future, but you should also consider a safety factor in anything you do including investing.

Mathematically,

DO NOT Assume,
P(Success of future term) = 1 ; and
P(Failure of future term) = 0

This implies that, you must always leave a little fraction for probability of failure which in this case is the safety factor, no matter how little the fraction may be. Simply put, you don't have absolute control of what happens to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies in the future.

Invest wisely, only invest what you can afford to loose

Just a piece of advice.

What are your own suggestions?
Cryptocurrency investments are the same as other investments, have 2 possibilities, profit is also a loss. So first study the investment that you will choose so that you understand the worst possibilities of investing, and I also agree with your suggestion that we only invest what we are able to release.
ekateriinae

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Try as hard as you can!

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:33:00 PM

The word investing is already a risk to me. whatever thing come with the word investing need some risk to invest. So do not blame,cryptocurrency if you so dump enough to buy shit coin or tokens outhere without any knowledge about bitcoin and cryptos.
solkinsolali (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:39:14 PM

But higher risks brings higher profit too. It's not new to us already that bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment is a very risky investment. Only those who are willing to take the risks of losing are also the ones worthy of earning a good and high profit.
It is quite true that the higher the risk, the higher also the profit, but it is not enough reason for one to invest everything in cryptocurrency.
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:45:03 PM

its a normal rule to everything do not risk more than you can lose !!
Iam investing in Bitcoin only small amounts monthly like 30-100 € they i dont need to live and survive Wink

kind  regards
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:05:25 PM

I think this has even be the rule in any business or any sort of investments.The golden philosophy is that do not put all your Eggs in just only one bag. There should be a little diversification in one's move.
stewart2012

Activity: 560
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:16:56 PM

I agree with the title. I really don’t understand how people invest all their money into crypto. It’s not a smart thing to do. I think it’s not even a brave decision. There is no point to take a risk like that.
lelylely

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:59:34 PM

Crypto can provide profits quickly and crypto can also take what you have, and therefore crypto is risky and those who invest in it must be careful and must be considered. Never risk what you have on crypto, but at least 20% of your wealth.

smfinfo

Activity: 120

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:59:14 PM

Your Bitcoin investment means you accept not to use that amount, I've heard a lot of people advise not to invest all your assets in Bitcoin and that's right. It is not a gambling game so do not misunderstand the win here.

ynclksnr321

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:07:53 PM

This is definitely the first thing that the first entrants to pay attention to. You should never enter the market with your investment. There may not be a return when you make the wrong move. In addition, an average amount of investment must always be in your hands.
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:17:12 PM

Unfortunately, some stories are real, crypto has destroied many people, but changed other's lives for better. When there is a loss, I blame the media, because they are part of the hype that leads people to invest blindly.
leetcoiner

Activity: 1056
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:49:17 PM

I have read several posts on this forum where people have claimed to have invested all the money they have on Bitcoin, I also read a post where a guy claimed to have used all the $20,000 his uncle gave him to also invest in Bitcoin, some even sold their landed property. The reason for these risks and others is the firm believe that Bitcoin would be $50,000 - $100,000 by the year 2019 or thereabout.

First, I must say that I admire the courage and high risk appetite of such persons. But, I must also warn.
Yes, It is good for everyone to have high hopes for Bitcoin, and also hope it gets to 100k USD in future, but you should also consider a safety factor in anything you do including investing.

Mathematically,

DO NOT Assume,

This implies that, you must always leave a little fraction for probability of failure which in this case is the safety factor, no matter how little the fraction may be. Simply put, you don't have absolute control of what happens to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies in the future.

Just a piece of advice.

Personally, I invest 40% of my savings in cryptocurrency. Even at this level of the market, which we see now, with a good level of knowledge of Analytics, you can multiply the funds at least 2 times. I can also share my advice: every month I withdraw 5% of all cryptocurrency in Fiat, which gives me a constant profit even when all coins fly to hell. This way to I have read in one of branches on this forum. Very useful.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:59:25 PM

To be honest, I hate people whose greed leads them to make absurd decisions, such as risking all their life savings or even selling their house or their properties more motivated by the FOMO than by a professional and adequate analysis of the pros and cons that would entail taking a risk of such magnitude. And for that reason it does not surprise to me that in recent dates I have listened with more frequency the cases of people who even get to commit suicide by the disappointment of having lost almost everything.

That's why I think that although in a very cruel way, the market usually makes a continuous purge to throw away people who do not deserve wealth. In the end, whether we like it or not, it seems that money likes to stay with people who know how to procure and obtain it, and dislike people who have no idea what to do with theirs.
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:32:37 PM

Mathematically,

DO NOT Assume,

Just a piece of advice.

As much as I would say that you should trust your guts, the market itself has its own dictates which can go against your bold decisions. I have advised those around me based on experience with the cryptocurrency investments made over time that they should not put all their eggs in one basket and also not invest all at a go. Well timed investment is key and also not casting all you have at a go.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:16:12 PM

Well in my opinion the best now is not to first invest in bitcoin because bitcoin is currently down drastically you can invest in the altcoin first until bitcoin rises again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: