Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:38:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed?  (Read 2996 times)
krishnaverma (OP)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:56:43 PM

How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed? There are people using very fine techniques like selling bitcoin cash in name of bitcoins using confusing websites name. How to be safe from such scams ?
goodman4hire

Activity: 291
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 05:58:43 PM

You have to take responsibility for your own security and take special precautions to stay safe.  For instance type in the url and triple check it.  Then save it to your bookmarks so you never make that mistake.  Have a separate computer to make your transactions and do not do any other web surfing from that computer.  Mostly simple stuff that is just inconvenient (but necessary)

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
krishnaverma (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:05:56 PM

You have to take responsibility for your own security and take special precautions to stay safe.  For instance type in the url and triple check it.  Then save it to your bookmarks so you never make that mistake.  Have a separate computer to make your transactions and do not do any other web surfing from that computer.  Mostly simple stuff that is just inconvenient (but necessary)

Some very practical suggestions. I am using my smartphone only for crypto transactions (through apps for local exchanges ). I have also split the holdings in different exchanges to be safe. However, I completely agree with you regarding the use of another computer for these transactions especially if you are investing a large amount.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:35:10 PM

How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed? There are people using very fine techniques like selling bitcoin cash in name of bitcoins using confusing websites name. How to be safe from such scams ?
If you are worried about being scammed then do not buy bitcoin directly from people, use an exchange, most likely you will have to give up private information to do so but if you are so worried about it then that is an option, another option is to use localbitcoins, I used that site in the past and never had any problem when buying from people with a good reputation, just make sure that you are actually in the official site of localbitcoins or the site of your favorite exchange since scammers are very smart and are creating copies of those sites, so you need to always check the address letter by letter just to make sure you are in the correct website. 
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:49:05 PM

I understand the worry on those deceiving websites who are calling bitcoin cash as bitcoin and that's the coin that they have been selling to the new ones.

This must be the very first thing the buyer must do, he needs to know and learn more about bitcoin before taking such actions, otherwise he will be accountable for it. Not all the time there will be someone to guide his actions on what he must do to avoid being scammed.

Local and international exchanges are there so for sure there will be some way that he will search about it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
casternetwork

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:52:21 PM

For your safety, I think that before you buy or sell Bitcoin with someone else, you should find a reputable person to mediate for this deal. Also, you can meet and deal directly with the seller or buyer

Am I spamming? Report me!
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:55:24 PM

The best way to avoid any scam is to trust something that's already being trusted by a lots of people.
You Know in every country there are these few wallets very famous amongst the people engaging in crypto world thus I would suggest you to choose one of them and get your account verified and the biggest thing " do it yourself " don't trust any person or any company to buy or sell Bitcoins for you , just buy it yourself and sell when you think the time is right.
Never engage in new projects if you are a newbie, I have heard about sites giving people money for lending their BTC don't trust all these .

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
krishnaverma (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:18:25 PM

For your safety, I think that before you buy or sell Bitcoin with someone else, you should find a reputable person to mediate for this deal. Also, you can meet and deal directly with the seller or buyer

Why do you suggest that ?

Isn't buying from a reputed exchange better in comparison to making deal with a stranger online. Also, for regular buyers, finding people for the volume you want to deal with is a very hard task.

teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:28:43 PM

Well probably this question had been answered, But let me just give advice in buying bitcoin, If you have second thought in investing in bitcoin don't really push yourself if you are thinking that you can be scammed by it, First of all bitcoin doesn't scam anyone or anybody, The people that are using it for their own gains are the ones that are at fault, It is your own decision-making that push you to be scammed and doesn't have any knowledge prior to the platform will be a big mistake, That is why you need to research, Because even if you bought on a real exchange or a legit one, Then what comes next? What will you do when you now have bitcoin?, If you don't have the knowledge or capabilities in what to do then you are the one that scam yourself.
insurgent

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:53:21 PM

You need to have enough knowledge especially on trusting other people. Well its usual happenings in bitcoin to be scammed thats why you need to be very wise on everything especially in your account.

demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:03:32 PM

Well probably this question had been answered, But let me just give advice in buying bitcoin, If you have second thought in investing in bitcoin don't really push yourself if you are thinking that you can be scammed by it, First of all bitcoin doesn't scam anyone or anybody, The people that are using it for their own gains are the ones that are at fault, It is your own decision-making that push you to be scammed and doesn't have any knowledge prior to the platform will be a big mistake, That is why you need to research, Because even if you bought on a real exchange or a legit one, Then what comes next? What will you do when you now have bitcoin?, If you don't have the knowledge or capabilities in what to do then you are the one that scam yourself.
sorry I added a little, in my opinion in the official exchange there is no such thing as bitcoin sales by cheats, there is only a technical intrusion in the transaction, and it can also be complained via the exchange website support

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

Dod Ong

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:06:54 PM

How can you invest here on bitcoin without being scammed? simple you just need to check the background of the someone you have a transaction with. If his background is good, you are sure and you know that the person transaction with are trustworthy. You are sure that your money is in the good hands.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:07:44 PM

Everyone who's invested in bitcoins is expected to do some kind of due diligence one check the prices on preev, see the sellers credibility has he done any trades in the past, inquire here if you're not sure just don't rush study about bitcoins the seller, if yiu fail to do even the basics and get scammed it's your fault then don't blame others.
dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 02:09:01 PM

To avoid being scammed, buy bitcoin not directly to people instead on exchanges. Make sure to verify your account on which exchange you want to buy and store your bitcoins and enable the 2FA to make your account more secure.
jaydenbox

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:10:24 PM

I would suggest that you never go first when buying bitcoin, always make sure he goes first, other than that use legit sites like localbitcoins.com find a seller who has good rep and buy from him.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:10:31 PM

Do you mean buying bitcoins? People creating post nowadays are having a hard time explaining their questions haha. If buying is what you are asking then you should only buy at exchanges that accept your fiat currency. That is the safest way I am using and I can think of.
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:12:37 PM

Always read and do research about the investment you are interested in. It makes sense that you should be extra wary since its money that we are talking about here. And also keep your emotions in check. Most of the scammed people are overrun by their greed; they jump head first at the sight of high returns, not scrutinizing a project eagerly.
Etoasiatsxxx

Activity: 92
Merit: 2

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:17:05 PM

Actually that's hard, Your own research will be your destiny here in Crypto. So be careful and be smart. Because we still have the scam especially if we do not study well.
MarieMoore12

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:19:25 PM

If you are buying that many bitcoins, it is absolutely essential that you store them securely. Invest in a hardware wallet such as Trezor or Ledger Nano S to store your bitcoins offline. You don’t really own the bitcoin unless you control the private keys so make sure you keep them secure!

If you prefer not to use major exchanges then you can try local bitcoins to see if there is anyone with the amount you desire available. Again I would advise against a single purchase especially if you have no way of verifying the validity of the seller. Start with small amounts, then continue with small amounts until you have amassed the equivalent to $ 1 million worth.

If someone wanted to invest that much money in bitcoin they would be much better off setting up a mining farm. In a place like Washington (where electricity is seven cents a kWh) it would cost around $560 to mine a full bitcoin vs buying one for $7500. Obviously setting up the farm would cost quite a bit as well, but you would likely get your money back fairly quickly.
novikov433

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:26:28 PM

Bought through the exchanger https://www.bestchange.com/, the only thing you need to wait 24 after registering. To deny the Moshenic site or not, you need real feedback from people, and communities like facebook and twitter, telegrams. If this information is not available, it is almost impossible to understand the Moshenic site, or not. In general, better bounty, you will earn 500-700 $ per month. Then you exchange tokens for any crypto currency. Very large commission for the exchange, if you change the Fiat to crypto currency through exchanges.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: