Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:47:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed?  (Read 2996 times)
Tashi

Activity: 391
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:44:36 PM

You have to take responsibility for your own security and take special precautions to stay safe.  For instance type in the url and triple check it.  Then save it to your bookmarks so you never make that mistake.  Have a separate computer to make your transactions and do not do any other web surfing from that computer.  Mostly simple stuff that is just inconvenient (but necessary)

I agree. It’s about keeping your investments secured. Also, be knowledgable enough to determine if it’s a scam or not. Only visit legitimate and reliable websites.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Bestorm

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:56:24 PM

I think the only way can help you stay away scam is prepare enough knowledge to protect yourself. Scam are always around you so you should be careful
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:02:48 PM

The best thing to do is do everything yourself. Just either trade in Bitcoin against other cryptocurrencies and FIAT, or buy into other crypto projects with your BTC alone and making sure you don't engage with people DMING you on telegram pretending to help you and then they send you an address for you to invest in and then you fall for a scam. Also, don't get phished. Always bookmark the legit sites you want to invest in and never just randomly follow people around without doing your research. So many peeps get scammed in this Industry to to sheer laziness.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:18:45 PM

you don't have to put lot of effort and sweat just to invest in bitcoin just store your private key in a wallet like trezor, electrum, and Hodl. and wait for the actual moment your investment taking into action to secure the future of your life by time itself shall tell you how far it got and you will never know what good will come on that investment.

life is a mystery you never know what this investment could provide you with your life along the process.

mcabrito

Activity: 144

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:21:59 PM

I think the only way can help you stay away scam is prepare enough knowledge to protect yourself. Scam are always around you so you should be careful

I agree, as time passes by more and more projects are created that looks so legit and will only make an exit scam. So we really need to carefully review all our the needed things before making an investments
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:33:46 PM

If you will just be investing in bitcoin then there is nothing to worry about being scammed because buying bitcoin will not give you any harm because bitcoin is a safe investment and there is no downfall for investing in bitcoin and do not always believe to the other people who are keep on saying that bitcoin is a scam because they are the one is truly scam.
kerjakuat

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:41:27 PM

Always used a legit site before spent any money to buy bitcoin and use bookmarks to bookmark the page you visit so you will never end with a clickbait pages. Before selling and buying keep your private key offline for more better security. Do not download from unknown site and keep away from unknown mails.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:04:02 PM

How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed? There are people using very fine techniques like selling bitcoin cash in name of bitcoins using confusing websites name. How to be safe from such scams ?

Bitcoin is not a scam. There are some token in altcoin are scam but not all. It is just depend on how you manage your investment. But if you talk about bitcoin many people has been prove that bitcoin is not scam. People are just using name of bitcoin to scam people
Dadaro

Activity: 124

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:07:44 PM

search for highest trusted and well establish cryptocurrency exchanges out there. to give you an example there is binance, kucoin, bitrex, bitfinex and many more. just try the withdrawal and deposit with small amount to be sure.
anggada18

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:18:56 PM

I want to add a little, even though I realize there are many who give better advice than I would say, give me the opportunity to care and our common good. about security we should avoid things that people do not recommend to us either exchange or otherwise. keep buying and selling safe and healthy in the exchange that you are used to doing. many websites are camouflaged, you need to be careful before the transaction.
dimiinx

Activity: 355
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:20:17 PM

Knowledge is everything, before you invest in something it would be nice if you seek prior information. Do not just follow the investment because of the persuasion of friends or something.
I myself guard with my own private if there is a scam I must refuse or will not take it so I secure my bitcoin in many ways of my own
mlsbd

Activity: 516
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:23:01 PM

How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed? There are people using very fine techniques like selling bitcoin cash in name of bitcoins using confusing websites name. How to be safe from such scams ?
If you do not feel secure then it is best not to use. I think no need to use confusing sites in case of buying or selling both of situation.
Select top exchange which are very authentic than you try to use that without being scammed.
Elqui

Activity: 243
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:28:29 PM

If you don’t want to be scammed in bitcoin, you need to research more on what company will you like to invest your money in, you should be careful nowadays because there are so many SCAMS.
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:31:34 PM

Most newbies become victims to these unscrupulous persons. I believe the main way to avoid been scammed is educating yourselves and familiarizing yourself with the main exchanges to easily identify scam sites.

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:48:15 PM

You should use trusted websites when buying bitcoin. Look for reviews on this forum and the internet before initiating any kind of transaction. Try to find multiple sites and choose a site that you will feel comfortable to use. If making P2P transactions, make sure you are with someone. After investing, you should take steps to secure your bitcoin from getting hacked. There are various articles that shows how to keep your coins secure on the internet. Follow them and stay safe.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Jedie22

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:51:38 PM

Very hard for the first time investors to check each project legitimacy and authenticity, but through the help of threads and other information here in the forum some could check and research the project background before investing. Investing is risky but profitable. So scammers are all around you must be vigilant and observant so you wont be a victim of those gold takers.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:56:53 PM

Most newbies become victims to these unscrupulous persons. I believe the main way to avoid been scammed is educating yourselves and familiarizing yourself with the main exchanges to easily identify scam sites.
Yes that is very helpful for us not to be a victim of these scam just to verify.  Before we invest let us do investigate first to avoid loses in the first place. Their is always a way to secured our investment determined to earn in bitcoin.
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:01:35 PM

Scammers can never be eliminated totally but what we will have to do is to be careful and look carefully whenever we are making any investment. Be sure to read every details.
Ale75Opus

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:43:56 PM

The first tip is to always verify the authenticity of the sites on which you will conduct transactions. Very often, people are faced with the problem of fraudulent sites that, at first glance, do not arouse any suspicion.
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:47:32 PM

it is an easy thing if you are a careful person and are very careful about your data and passwords, moreover you also have to be careful in opening the web because of this scam appears where you open a web phishing web that causes your account to be hit by a scam, even though you feel have kept your password confidential or your privacy key.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: