Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:34:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 23872 times)
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 09:56:49 PM

Guys this thread is just comedy gold. I think the network is going well but why does it seem to get stuck on some blocks etc. !?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:00:12 PM

Guys this thread is just comedy gold. I think the network is going well but why does it seem to get stuck on some blocks etc. !?

Holy shit, now there are nine japanese conspirators?
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:01:07 PM

Comedy is this new centralized cryptocurrency called Solidcoin!!! LOL
Impossible to trust this.
It isn't even P2P anymore!!!
Anyway, go 4 it!
bulanula

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:02:42 PM

Soon there might be 10  Wink Grin
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:04:48 PM

It *seems* that BCX's theory has so far proven itself: Block generation hasn't (meaningfully) adjusted, despite massive difficulty increases.

The argument from the SolidCoin camp is that this is due to a continuous increase in the number of legitimate users, as SolidCoin continues on its trajectory to replace Bitcoin!
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:17:52 PM

Soon there might be 10  Wink Grin

Ask too many questions and you just might make the list...
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:54:58 PM

blah blah blah

You certainly come across as someone who is jealous and I advise you to take your own advice, if you can put up "Proof" that BCX was lying, in spite of the fact A LOT of very knowledgeable including ArtForz has said he has the ability,

blah blah blah

I also have the ability to break some knee caps with my baseball bat, but that doesn't mean I broke any...

Yes, it was outright bullshiting and Maged was spot on.
magik

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 10:57:44 PM

If you can prove, like you said, Then STFU and quit bullying people with your MOD status.

Yes it was out right bullying and RandyFolds is spot on.

Personally I believe that BCX has the ability to do this.  Has he actually done anything?  That I'm unsure about.

If BCX can successfully do a 51% double spend - then I'd love to see the transaction history of that occurring.

Personally I don't think the onus is on Maged to proove that he didn't attack... I think the onus is on BCX to proove that he did do an attack.  Or that whoever made SC needs to proove that no attack has taken place...

Unless I'm wrong in assuming that Maged has nothing to do officially with SC?

And all of this attack vector stuff - if SC was as big as BTC, then would a 51% attack really be feasible?  I think it's a bit of apples to oranges to compare BTC to SC at the usage/acceptance rates they are experiencing is vastly different.

I really don't think what I've heard of SC describes something that I would "invest" in or follow, the solutions to the problems that SC has offered doesn't really solve the problems in an acceptable fashion.  One of the key points of BTC is it's decentralized nature - and this is one of the things SC has had to compromise to protect against a 51% attack.  That compromise alone in my mind defeats the very nature of BTC.  As a cryptocurrency SC may be very valid and may have a use, but as a decentralized cryptocurrency it does not.  Who controls these "trusted nodes"?  Why do they have trusts?  Why should I trust this unknown anonymous central authority?

I still havn't seen a single alternative BTC chain that has something useful, actually useful to offer.  BTC is hardly useful in itself right now, and yet it seems everyone is spending their energy trying to beat BTC.... I think what people need to do first is get BTC to a more generally accepted place.  If design considerations are a problem holding BTC from gaining that widespread usage, then I may try to hop on some alternative chain.  But the only reason to do that would be that chain has some sort of feature that would allow more widespread usage.  Maybe there are uses for side-by-side alt chains, but in my mind the usage cases for these things is much smaller and much more focused and niche-like.  Things like faster block generation in my mind are good for things like confirmations - near-instant confirmations.

What is it that SC has to offer feature wise that makes it so much better than BTC?  And at what cost?
Maged
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:00:37 PM

Lastly, Maged, that was some shitty moderation.
As you can see, it was good moderation. BitcoinEXpress never attacked anything. If you have any evidence to the contrary, I'd love to hear it.

It is ok to warn people of an attack. It's ok to disclose details about the attack before, during, or after the attack has been done. It is not ok lie about an attack. That's just trolling.

Finally, I'm not even sure if he's banned. Only theymos can ban people, and he hasn't gotten back to me yet on his decision. If you look at his profile, he was at least still able to post for a hour or two after you guys started claiming that the attack was real.

@Maged

Solidcoin 2.0 uses a variable block generation time (really stupid) I just found a way to crank it up at will. Having the resouces I do I was able to take the beta client and put in a test environment.

I discovered if you hit Sc 2.0 at the onset hard it cannot readjust block rate regardless of difficulty LOL

So as long as I keep cloning EC2 instances and pouring it on, cha-ching!  Grin Grin Grin

Dumbass coding supreme.

It *seems* that BCX's theory has so far proven itself: Block generation hasn't (meaningfully) adjusted, despite massive difficulty increases.
You're right. It turns out that this was a HUGE misunderstanding on my part. If BCX was banned, he'll be unbanned shortly.

The reason for this misunderstanding is simple: CH is a dumbass. Not just a regular dumbass, but a retarded one.

BCX made it seem like there was more to his attack than he let on, but really his whole "attack" was simply mining normally at a smart time. It was really stupid of me not to recognize that. Luckily, my earlier reaction holds true:
See, that makes no logical sense. Thus, either the code was made by a dumbass (which, I admit, isn't out of the question), or you're lying through your teeth.

I apologize for letting the SolidCoin supporters sway my opinion and even make me do something quite wrong. Trust me, that will NEVER happen again. I don't care what family issues CH has, he doesn't deserve to call himself a software developer.

I hope the community can forgive me for this lapse.

coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:04:34 PM

I'm responding to Maged the user and hope you don't retaliate with as a mod.

BitcoinEXpress made it clear he had free usgae of EC2 for months now, this isn't new and his use of them isnt new either. Just ask Lolcust or Coblee who runs Fairbrix. BCX made it clear before he did what he did, what was going to happen and it did.

You certainly come across as someone who is jealous and I advise you to take your own advice, if you can put up "Proof" that BCX was lying, in spite of the fact A LOT of very knowledgeable including ArtForz has said he has the ability,

If you can prove, like you said, Then STFU and quit bullying people with your MOD status.

Yes it was out right bullying and RandyFolds is spot on.

According to BCX, he was the one that attacked Fairbrix. It was a very effective attack. It took him minutes to generates the same number of blocks that the network generated in hours. And his chain wiped out and orphaned the network chain. So if it was really him (no one else has stepped up), he does have a lot of power in his control. And he also told me that his attack was just to test out an attack that he would do on SC2. I can't prove if anything he said was true, but I believe him.

I think the banning of BCX was a bit premature. Why does he have to prove that he attacked SC2? And how do you expect him to prove that? Show you a screenshot of a massive amount of solidcoins? Any proof can be faked, right?

johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:07:10 PM

I hope the community can forgive me for this lapse.

Like I said, no one bats 1.0, in my eyes you've gained credibility by stepping up and acknowledging a misunderstanding.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:10:04 PM

I keep seeing threads popping up about this guy "threatening" alternate cryptocurrencies. Seen a thread he threatened and then he changed his mind not to.

Has any of these threats come through?

As the title says "Solidcoin 2.0 Target Acquired and Terminated". If it is terminated, why is it still being spoke of, that the chain is not doing fine/is doing fine? If it's not terminated, then this guy is full of it?

Don't know what to think of this thread.  :/.

Only cryptocurrency I support is BTC.

If you're gonna promise a threat, fulfill it. Otherwise this is just retarded. I haven't seen one thread stating anyone freaking out e.g."I Can't produce SC, OMG what happened?"

Please enlighten me. So what the fuck is going on here?

bulanula

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:15:21 PM

LOL this thread is too epic. I bet he will be back. It does not matter if you ban him or not etc. He is above the law. He is too busy being 1337 and using his employer's resources to commit crimes on the internet to impress others.
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:19:58 PM

LOL this thread is too epic. I bet he will be back. It does not matter if you ban him or not etc. He is above the law.
I hope he will come back. I just emailed and PMed a personal apology to him. Additionally, I have also told him that I will no longer moderate any of his posts or threads. Instead, I'll hit the "report to moderator" button like the rest of you.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:20:36 PM

This forum has the strangest moderation policy I've ever seen...

In most forums one would be banned just by asking why someone else was banned.
Why? cause it's a moderator/administrator decision and it's none of your bizwax.

To the ones who say that they have more respect for Maged by steping back on his decision and publicly admit it: YOU ARE LYING! All that's gonna happen is, next time he takes another moderation decision you'll just make his life miserable and question him about it, thus showing your complete disrespect for his decisions as a moderator.
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:25:42 PM

To the ones who say that they have more respect for Maged by steping back on his decision and publicly admit it: YOU ARE LYING! All that's gonna happen is, next time he takes another moderation decision you'll just make his life miserable and question him about it, thus showing your complete disrespect for acceptance of moderation policies.
I sincerely hope they do question my moderation decisions, especially after this. That being said, I would prefer it if you PM me instead of posting publicly, but either is fine with me. As always, theymos is the final arbiter.

Bobnova

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:26:58 PM

BEX still hasn't actually proven a damn thing, and has claimed an awful lot.
It wouldn't be hard for him to shift some coins around and show us that he has them.

BTC:  1AURXf66t7pw65NwRiKukwPq1hLSiYLqbP
johnj

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:30:09 PM

BEX still hasn't actually proven a damn thing, and has claimed an awful lot.
It wouldn't be hard for him to shift some coins around and show us that he has them.

He made the assertion that the block generation would never sync up with the difficulty - so far that's been accurate.

Either he did it, or he made such a lucky guess he should stop mining and go buy lottery tickets.

bulanula

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:35:15 PM

I keep seeing threads popping up about this guy "threatening" alternate cryptocurrencies. Seen a thread he threatened and then he changed his mind not to.

Has any of these threats come through?

As the title says "Solidcoin 2.0 Target Acquired and Terminated". If it is terminated, why is it still being spoke of, that the chain is not doing fine/is doing fine? If it's not terminated, then this guy is full of it?

Don't know what to think of this thread.  :/.

Only cryptocurrency I support is BTC.

If you're gonna promise a threat, fulfill it. Otherwise this is just retarded. I haven't seen one thread stating anyone freaking out e.g."I Can't produce SC, OMG what happened?"

Please enlighten me. So what the fuck is going on here?

Actually pretty much what he said he was going to do, he has. A lot of very knowledgeable forum members seems to consider him factual.

Geist Geld - Two successful attacks
Fairbrix -Reorged the chain and stole over 1700 blocks.
Namecoin - Rumored to have paid off by NMC Dev not to attack
Solidcoin 1 - Scared CH so bad he killed the chain as a precaution after seeing GG hit.
I0C and IXC - Numerous test for 51%, basically killed them
Bitparking - Number 1 suspect in DS attack has every trait of BCX

Coinotron - was working fine, BCX announces attack and three minutes later it shoots to 97% stales and stays there.

This guy has closed down every non BTC exchange at one point or another.

His weapons are mass resources and is apparently someone well connected in the computer industry.

He indicated what he was going to do to SC 20 and did it. He uses pure hashing power applied at the precise times. The only known code exploit was when he used ArtForz Time Travel and had some of his people modify it.

Made the statement last night right before it happened that he bump up SC 20 block generation to 4 per second, it did and stayed there.

Doesn't sound like BS to me.

I can confirm. This guy has got almost infinite power and $$$ and tons of connections in all areas ( he was threatening to downrank solidcoin.info on SEO etc. ). He is dangerous and not just blowing hot air.
johnj

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 11:36:02 PM

I manage a very successful forum, and despite sometimes I don't agree with some moderation decisions and I could have the last word on the subject I would never take back on my own a decision a moderator took just because users don't like it , even if the moderator was completely wrong. I would be better just removing moderation powers from the moderator if that was to happen.

I for one am thankful the mods here have more humility than to enforce poor decisions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: