Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:53:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in Indonesia is not legal  (Read 1913 times)
BTCisAngelCoin

Activity: 215
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:57:35 AM

I have not heard that bitcoin is totally illegal in Indonesia but as long I know as bitcoin is not legit payment method and they think it does not have legal protection so they disallow virtual currency as local payment.
BTCHeadstone

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:09:15 AM

"In an article i saw that Indonesia Bank (IB) has also
banned the use of Bitcoin as a legal means of
payment in Indonesia.I think it’s a negative impact
for indonesia.
"
TurveyDrop

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:09:43 AM

"their government just don't understand the concept behind
cryptocurrency. they must investigate first before doing that for the
sake of mane indonesian who use crypto. My country government
Philippines was once said that bitcoin is a scam but it not until they
discovered its value and now accepted it. Hope it will happen also
in Indonesia.
"
BarnabyETH

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:11:02 AM

"I don't think this is going to happened, since the Indonesian
government is also still studying about the possibility to the blockchain
system implemented in Central Bank of Indonesia.Furthermore,
nothing can stop blockchain technology and cryptocurrency to enter
Indonesia, not even the government, so I am not worry about it.
"
CorneliaMarket

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:11:27 AM

"If its happen, we must continue to support cryptocurrency, educate to
many other people about bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies or create
a bitcoin anti-ban movement group. I also ever read an researcher from
indonesian which the research results of indonesian researchers is not
appreciated in Indonesia but appreciated abroad. I hope Indonesia will
aware and see positive side of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency.
"
NyxAssasin

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:44:08 AM

In my opinion, it will not affect Bitcoin prices at all. Because Indonesia has not yet progressed in crypto. But if Indonesia gives legitimacy to Bitcoin, then Bitcoin will be good for it. I think this will happen in the future.
OpenClips153

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:10:32 AM

Not only in Indonesia but in many country the government put ban on it but it never put any effect on it because bitcoin is boundless. Hoping soon they will realize their mistake and make it legal.
Qeupe

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:21:24 AM

Bitcoin in Indonesia is not legal yet, all buying and selling activities must use rupiah. In the past many sellers offered payment with bitcoin, now they can't. the government has given regulations so that all trading activities must use the rupiah. will this be a negative or a positive impact?
Dude, I'm Indonesian too, you have to read the latest news often. Bright future for crypto asset users in Indonesia, Badan Pengawas Perdagangan Berjangka Komoditi (Bappebti) will open opportunities for trading crypto currencies such as bitcoin ethereum in Indonesia, Bappebti Establishes Cryptocurrency can be traded on the futures exchange.
here's the source : https://bitcoinindonesia.net/2018/06/04/bappebti-bitcoin-bisa-diperdagangkan-di-bursa-berjangka/
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:26:41 AM

It has negative impact for sure but I don't think that is big, I don't know the reason behind making it illegal maybe to protect local money but it will probably be legal in the future.
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 11:52:58 AM

There is still the activities of selling and buying goods like to buy pulse, buy/sell clothes, pay electricity bills etc. using Bitcoin and or virtual currencies as the payment method. I am the one who carried out the activity like that and I did not feel the impact of the regulation Tongue
So, the regulations of the Indonesian Government that prohibit such activities, does not cause a negative or positive impact.
jekjek
Copper Member

Activity: 39
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:56:13 AM

For now it is a positive news that indonesia not banned yet the bitcoin because many indonesian people are using bitcoin they invest a lot and many users here in forum are indonesian so I think if indonesia banned bitcoin it will have bad impact to them.

j
artichandra

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:08:20 PM

Bitcoin in Indonesia is not legal yet, all buying and selling activities must use rupiah. In the past many sellers offered payment with bitcoin, now they can't. the government has given regulations so that all trading activities must use the rupiah. will this be a negative or a positive impact?

Yes you are right, Indonesia only legalized rupiah as payment method, but government not banned Bitcoin, investor in Indonesia still can do investment in Bitcoin but can't do transaction using Bitcoin in Indonesia.
Shrinagha

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:09:45 PM

hello,

friends this brilliant team and project hope will be bright future thanks. (extent tokens) and bitcoin
robertcross07

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:31:50 PM

I think it will not affect in bitcoin price because Indonesia is not available in crypto market. in my opinion If Indonesia approve cryptocurrency it will a very good sign for cryptocurrency and bitcoin. I hope it will be happen in future.
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:36:16 PM

I think indonesia is a muslim country, some muslim countries denies bitcoins because it is not legal to them, or say it is not permitted to them. However some islamic country are allowing bitcoins does not mean there are contradicts, but a difference in accepting bitcoins.
Silentsweeper785

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:17:06 PM

This is a good news indeed. The Indonesian market is still untapped and it is yet to see how they will use bitcoin to turn their condition of their economy for the better. maybe their factories or the tertiary sectors may use this as an opportunity here.
Blackrain13

Activity: 328
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:24:04 PM

Actually not only in Indonesia bitcoin is not legal. There are other countries that also in stage of accepting bitcoin. I think Indonesia just wait the right time to become open in cryptocurrency and allowing their community to use bitcoin. It also affect in bitcoin because there are many people in Indonesia that also crypto lover and they are belong in demands of bitcoin.

██  ▀■  KittieFIGHT.io  ■▀  ██
▄    Real time dapp game    ▄
BlackandRed654

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:45:34 PM

Bitcoin as well as the crypto currency is not accepted by many countries yet. Actually crypto currency is a digital currency and this requires to have strong technology and expertise. Many countries do not have either high technology or expertise so it is not allowed in many countries.
Oliveir

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:31:08 PM

Once you buys Bitcoin wit rupiah your next transaction could be done by using Bitcoin to buy ETH and from ETH you can buy other coins... You don't need to use rupiah all the time... Doesn't have effect on Bitcoin anyway it only affect the Bitcoin if you buy a large amount of it...
Dongman2

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:15:04 AM

In the short run, yes, long run no. Your country is not the first to regulate its circulation  other countries of the world are following suit too. I think with these regulations, governments are taking a hard stance in it and are not ready to back down anytime soon, but, they will. Religion could have informed your country's decision as well.  When the big guns start embracing crypto, we'll be here seeing other countries relaxing the rules.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: