Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:59:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GMC]▬►► GamersCoin | For Gaming and more| Poloniex| Bittrex ◄◄▬  (Read 87773 times)
meowball

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:34:24 AM

Good to see you´re working together! It would be good to specify which parts of the gaming market are coveredby each of our coins to prevent us becoming competitors in the future.

I think this is good too. But, I don't really see any reason why there would have to be split communities in the first place. As far as I can tell, there WILL be overlap, and one will likely be drowned out by the other, and all the effort and time done for one coin will more-or-less be wasted. And as far as everyone else can tell, these are identical coins for the audience they're targeting. Currently, one coin has ~2.5x the market cap of the other. It could maybe change, but will it be easy to do? How many devs does GMC have?

One of the biggest drawbacks of altcoins is that most people get confused by there being too many coins. People who are not involved in crypto just want one or at most a few coins. In our case, it's a coin for the gaming community. There is no need for split efforts trying to do the same thing tbh, unless we're targeting different audiences which I don't believe is true. Why can't we just combine forces? I don't know. Once someone joins a community, it's hard to get out for various reasons.

Let's think about this for a moment: Is there a benefit to combining? Of course! And the best part is that the rewards are tremendous. Instead of going at 1x speed, why not go at 5x or some n-x speed? Let's not be blinded by what we think, but choose what's logical and best for the parties involved and, most importantly, for the gaming audience all over the world. The fact is only one gaming coin will probably survive when crypto actually starts becoming popular among the masses. I'm not sure what the plan is between GMC and HYPER, but I sure hope a good decision is made, whether it is cooperation or healthy competition.
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 04:53:52 AM

Good to see you´re working together! It would be good to specify which parts of the gaming market are coveredby each of our coins to prevent us becoming competitors in the future.

I think this is good too. But, I don't really see any reason why there would have to be split communities in the first place. As far as I can tell, there WILL be overlap, and one will likely be drowned out by the other, and all the effort and time done for one coin will more-or-less be wasted. And as far as everyone else can tell, these are identical coins for the audience they're targeting. Currently, one coin has ~2.5x the market cap of the other. It could maybe change, but will it be easy to do? How many devs does GMC have?

One of the biggest drawbacks of altcoins is that most people get confused by there being too many coins. People who are not involved in crypto just want one or at most a few coins. In our case, it's a coin for the gaming community. There is no need for split efforts trying to do the same thing tbh, unless we're targeting different audiences which I don't believe is true. Why can't we just combine forces? I don't know. Once someone joins a community, it's hard to get out for various reasons.

Let's think about this for a moment: Is there a benefit to combining? Of course! And the best part is that the rewards are tremendous. Instead of going at 1x speed, why not go at 5x or some n-x speed? Let's not be blinded by what we think, but choose what's logical and best for the parties involved and, most importantly, for the gaming audience all over the world. The fact is only one gaming coin will probably survive when crypto actually starts becoming popular among the masses. I'm not sure what the plan is between GMC and HYPER, but I sure hope a good decision is made, whether it is cooperation or healthy competition.

Well we currently have HYPER integrated in Poker, CS:GO, TF2, Rust, EVE Online, Minecraft, StarMade, Assetto Corsa Racing, Paperboy, Tilt, Snowball, Dice and more so it is hard to "divide the market". Meowball is right in that respect. As meowball is one of our head devs I want to make sure he is happy with any partnership we do form. I do have some ideas for collaboration though I have an interesting project and will be PMing Bob soon with a proposal Wink

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:32:44 AM

Well we currently have HYPER integrated in Poker, CS:GO, TF2, Rust, EVE Online, Minecraft, StarMade, Assetto Corsa Racing, Paperboy, Tilt, Snowball, Dice and more so it is hard to "divide the market". Meowball is right in that respect. As meowball is one of our head devs I want to make sure he is happy with any partnership we do form. I do have some ideas for collaboration though I have an interesting project and will be PMing Bob soon with a proposal Wink

I would say Gamerscoin has nice extra features like the crowdfunding platform and the steam tipbot. More importantly, the supply is much bigger than hyper, so perhaps it can better be used as game credits that devs give away to loyal players for example.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 09:37:20 PM

Blackjack game for GamersCoin https://cryptofever.com/gamerscoin

I can't access it

Blake Birk

Activity: 668

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 07:31:50 AM

hey jonesd, any future plans for frycoin?
jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:15:42 AM

Nothing..!!! Grin
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 10:24:54 AM

Nothing..!!! Grin

This is the Gamerscoin thread, so I will reply in the Frycoin one Smiley

Blake Birk

Activity: 668

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 08:27:13 PM

Nothing..!!! Grin

This is the Gamerscoin thread, so I will reply in the Frycoin one Smiley

thanks jonesd
darkslash

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:34:53 PM

holding Smiley
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:41:49 PM

holding Smiley

Same here Smiley

We have already passed the moon! Smiley

darkslash

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:43:34 PM

holding Smiley

Same here Smiley

moon? only got a 89k cap
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:47:35 PM

holding Smiley

Same here Smiley

moon? only got a 89k cap

In the sense of "to the moon" Wink

darkslash

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:49:28 PM

i think i will hit 1mil in 2 weeks
TheWhale

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:48:44 AM

I think changing the name/ branding of GamersCoin (GMC) to ORB (ORBS) would be better for marketing etc. ORBS has a gaming analogy that most gamers would recognize. Differentiate ourselves from the 'atlcoin' stigma. 

Only my opinion of course Smiley
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:53:34 AM

I think changing the name/ branding of GamersCoin (GMC) to ORB (ORBS) would be better for marketing etc. ORBS has a gaming analogy that most gamers would recognize. Differentiate ourselves from the 'atlcoin' stigma. 

Only my opinion of course Smiley

Your the second person mentioning that, so perhaps it is something more people want. I guess Dr. Bob has to give his opinion on it.

YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:24:06 AM

I am watching this.

Maybe I am buying as well? Or am I just watching?  Lips sealed
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 10:13:32 AM

I am watching this.

Maybe I am buying as well? Or am I just watching?  Lips sealed

I just bought some extra at a 1000, because I think the market cap is still pretty low. I think it can grow a lot still.

Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 12:38:05 PM

I agree about changing the name. I don't own many alts but I like the direction and community buzz around this coin. As Jonesd mentioned, the marketcap is peanuts right now as well.
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:32:19 PM

I agree about changing the name. I don't own many alts but I like the direction and community buzz around this coin. As Jonesd mentioned, the marketcap is peanuts right now as well.

Indeed. Great profile picture, btw Cheesy

choy

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:44:51 PM

Hello Community and Developers,

I have been hired by an independent Investor to liaise with Community Members, other Investors, Developers, and Contract Workers to guarantee GMC reaches full potential. My employer has equipped me with significant resources to make this happen. The vision as relayed, is to sponsor modification of existing games to accept GMC as game credits. Gamers will be able to take their credits to other games, trade them for game items, and use them to gamble on spectator eSports.  My role is to make this vision become reality.

A Technical Consultant has been hired to review the configuration of the GMC Block Chain to ensure it is optimized for this purpose, his findings will be published on 2015 01 22.

My employer wishes me to engage the Community in respect to a change of branding, before relaunching the Currency to a broader audience.

Please will those involved message me here to make introductions and organize our endeavour. I can be contacted on weekdays throughout the EST working day.  We also need a public communication channel, if one does not exist.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: