Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:54:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: will bitcoin become obsolete?  (Read 4871 times)
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:15:19 PM

why do you say blockchain technology will be obsolete in the future? Are there other technologies that will replace blockchain? or do you think that blockchain will be obsolete because it won't be used by the public as a transaction model?

I think, bitcoin will not be obsolete in the future. blockchain has become a modern transaction model today. blockchain comes to be a solution to change the transaction system to be better, safer, and more transparent, so that there will be no corruption.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:24:24 PM

Analysis : Blockchain, the technology behind Bitcoin, is predicted to be the leading technology in the future, but this technology will become obsolete.

Is it possible that bitcoin will be obsolete in the future?

Anything can become obsolete. There are some drawbacks to using Bitcoin -- decentralization = inefficient due to redundancy, and proof-of-work under these incentives consumes lots of energy.

So, if another technology comes along that can eliminate trusted third parties while solving the double-spending problem -- and somehow improve on the above limitations without sacrificing security, usability, etc. -- then it could become obsolete.

But I'm not sure I'd bet on that happening. Smiley

kwusu

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 11:37:54 PM

To my knowledge and the function of the nature bitcoin, bitcoin is a digital currency. In one way of the other, bitcoin is a currency. As we all know, currency does not and will not become obsolete so is bitcoin.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:38:21 PM

Analysis : Blockchain, the technology behind Bitcoin, is predicted to be the leading technology in the future, but this technology will become obsolete.

I have come to learn that everything in this market, and even if Bitcoin is actually the most powerful coin in the market right now, there's always that possibility for it to die down and lose its value. I think the more coins that are rising up, the more competition it would give Bitcoin, and there would always be some of them that could give it such competition that would give it a run for its money. Well, right now, there's no such coin yet, but if there would be more development and support from developers and the community, then there could certainly be more coins that could rise up near the level or even passed the level of Bitcoin that would make it obsolete.

supremacy10

Activity: 91

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 11:39:42 PM

Nope, many businesses are accepting it this days because of it decentralized structure
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10423

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:42:03 PM

You are talking nonsense.

First of all, bitcoin and blockchain goes together to create incentives to build and to mine, and accordingly, so far, bitcoin is the only blockchain that matters with any kind of significance including the varying network effects building upon it, and so these various other blockchains are mere imitations that largely serve as testnets for bitcoin.

To the extent any value comes from the various other cryptos or blockchains, then they are going to get absorbed into bitcoin.  So yeah, it is nonsense for you to be attempting to describe bitcoin and blockchain as if they are two separate things, and causes you to come off as some mainstream pundit that is trying to parse out bitcoin and either not understanding bitcoin or just putting out a confusing and misleading informational framework.

Another nonsense angle is for you to be suggesting that the innovation of bitcoin, which is in its budding stages of just getting started to be obsolete at any time in the near future.  What we have here is an innovation that has yet to be seen and developed, so before we start elaborating about its death, let's attempt to figure out where it is going first.  Way too fucking premature to be talking about death, when we hardly have any clue about the extent to which bitcoin is going to get adopted and also the varying systems that are likely to be built upon it.  So, yeah, less than 1% of world adoption makes discussion of birth and development to be much more relevant and timely than discussions about either demise or death.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
BitGunner

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:44:48 PM

To my mind, it will never be obsolete as it is the best currency ever, to my mind it is the leader and it will remain like this for long. To my mind, this will be the best way to make payments and any transactions
torrihuff

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:48:43 PM

Over time I assume Bitcoin will become obsolete.  But with this huge head start it has I don't think we will see if for a very long time.  History and people move slowly.  it will take time. 
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:49:55 PM

Nope your making panicking in yourself open your eyes the people behind this new digital technology want to improve  and increase how to make sure the stronger stay of bitcoin as new currency using new tech.
Stormyblue

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 11:51:18 PM

Bitcoin cannot become obsolete. Considering  the attention, popularity, and recognition  it has received  since it creation.  
I believe  it will rather get augmented into the financial  mainstream and cause major changes or a even a revolution.
trigg

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 11:51:27 PM

Probably "some day" it will, but that won't be any time soon. Eventually everything does. But I highly doubt it will for several decades, or much longer. We are just getting started with this technology.
bungutko

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:52:17 PM

I believe that as years goes by, there will be an innovation or an upgrade to be made on this blockchain technology and this will be continuously applied in bitcoin transactions. I believe bitcoin will not become obsolete instead it be more become the most valuable cryptocurrency in the coming years.
Altf4

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:57:56 PM

There may be possibility that the bitcoin will be obsolete oneday , because the revolution of science and technology always change everyday ,there are many innovation being launched, so there will come a time a mrw dimentions will be introduced in the digital world.

Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:59:46 PM

there is an important reason why bitcoin is obsolete.
1. blockchain will be obsolete if there is another modern technology.
2. blockchain will be obsolete if blockchain is not used as a transaction model.
3. The blockchain will be obsolete if there are no miners.
and now, I see that blockchain is experiencing very good growth every time.

bulantoy12345

Activity: 200

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:03:31 AM

I don't think bitcoin will be obsolete in the future because cryptocurrency is the future currency and bitcoin still the king of cryptocurrency until now. Bitcoin became more popular and the foundation grows stronger, i really believe that bitcoin will stay forever as long as enternet still exist in the future.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS      [ TowerX ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        MEDIUM        TWITTER        LINKEDIN        REDDIT        TELEGRAM
telexnetwork

Activity: 234

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:04:07 AM

I don't think at this stage bitcoin will come obsolete, we are in an era of advancement in the blockchain technology do know how many cryptos currency created everyday? those that may think it will come obsolete are those group who missed the early investment continue your focus on bitcoin progress and development.
mifanmuzny

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:20:26 AM

If you think a replacement coin can come along for Bitcoin then why can't that coin itself be replaced? Some things will probably be replaced but other things will be long lived standards. I hope development of Bitcoin focuses on becoming a standard and less on features that can be replaced
bp.comp69

Activity: 180

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:15:26 AM

Teknologi Bitcoin, diprediksi akan menjadi teknologi terdepan di masa depan, namun teknologi saat ini akan menjadi usang. Hal ini merupakan pernyataan dari analis geopolitik George Friedman.
bp.comp69

Activity: 180

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:17:41 AM

Bitcoin technology, is predicted to be the leading technology in the future, but this technology will someday become obsolete. This is a statement from geopolitical analyst George Friedman.
redtrus55

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:31:01 AM

Bitcoin can be obsolete if its users sell and leave bitcoin. I hope bitcoin will not be obsolete.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: