Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:50:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require?  (Read 5401 times)
efeyigit39

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:46:59 PM

KYC crypto currencies are unnecessary for participants in the market. I do not think it increases quality. constantly making problems for the participants.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traktornut

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:49:51 PM

everything depends on you. KYC registration is not required. but you can lose your rewards because some ICO require passing KYC
redrose8226

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:51:15 PM

KYC information is very sensitive. I think we need to be aware about the risks, which can be happened by providing KYC everywhere. This is very important thing to learn for all.
JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:52:03 PM

Better of course not Shine your personal data wherever. If from the very beginning of the bounty project it is written that you need to pass KYC, then here everyone decides to go there or not. If about KYC announce at the end of the bounty company, then you should think well whether it is necessary for you. Because usually this is done when they want to weed out extra participants, then to pay less tokens. For investors, the KYC procedure is a common phenomenon.

Pappy_1_

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:53:41 PM

Of course, this contradicts the idea of cryptocurrency regarding anonymity. But projects need to comply with the laws of the countries. In some countries, ICO is prohibited and therefore the project team checks the data of investors and bounty hunters.

bagikoin

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 10:55:26 PM

actually, it is not very necessary to use. with KYC thus some avoid this data because it avoids them being misused by others. But if the views of it security are indeed good. but will only benefit a few Parties just for this. and customers who send in KYC also will not know their data for what.

_▄▄▄▄
▄██████
▀"▀██████
     `█████
_▄▄▄▄.  Y████
,███████▄. Y█████
,███P'   `██p`█████
,d███'          `██████
o███P _▄▄██▄▄_    `██████
,████',d████████L    Y██████
d███P,████████████b    Y███████
d█████d██████████████    ]████████
d█████████P'd████████P    d█████████
,██████████'  Y█████████ooo██████[Y████
d██████████'    Y████████████████P  Y████
, ██████████[        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀    d████
 ███████████.         __        ____▄▄███████
█████████████L_       `"██████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     
██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
  ████████████████████████████████████████████ 
     ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ESSENCE OF A PROJECT
ECOSTARTEcoStart will be a reliable platform for creating
applications for financing green projects,
ecology and sharing the economy.
Instant and transparent
financing of environmental
projects.

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER

[....
JOIN
....]
WE CREATE
A CRYPTOCURRENCY
FOR OUR PLANET
lKSLMNSLKnkndlksnkJ

Activity: 770
Merit: 9

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:03:03 PM

KYC = Big Brother.

They are not protecting you from scammers.

They are protecting themselves from you interferring with their fiat scam.

Crypto is currently not a threat to ...

BEP-20  0x10f3Eb215Ee55f1B92c89420498aB832c53caBB9
ERC-20  0xFE4047353129ce0747632db8aFcfC2584391D824
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 11:06:50 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2018, 11:56:12 PM by xiboothrezi

Policies related to KYC are very dependent on the development team. We must follow every rule. The reason is, some countries do prohibit the existence of ICOs and limit cryptocurrency activity in their countries. The chaos that will occur must be anticipated early.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:15:40 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
if the team behind a project asks for it, you better send the needed informtaion in order to earn your rewards or token or else, your work(bounty campaign) will not be rewarded and on the other hand, won't be able to invest to your chosen project if you won't do so. I think there's nothing  to worried about it. Maybe, KYC is for the betterment of the project due to its added security.

efeyigit399

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:21:30 PM

It prevents the coins of the KYC progeny from being collected and provides discipline. every project does not already want to. Participants who accept the terms apply to the project.
Aligab166

Activity: 194
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:23:04 PM

KYC is not supposed to be required in cryptocurrency. There is totally no need for it. When the ICOs demand such information, everyone should ignore the project. Maybe with that, they will start thinking otherwise. You cannot give your details for a transaction that should be anonymous.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:24:07 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .

I agree this is a totally annoying procedure, and if EVERYONE would refuse to submit to this - then either ICOs would cease to exist, or KYC would.
dongosquad

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:57:03 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2018, 12:15:11 AM by dongosquad

If that is indeed a condition then we must obey it. Some countries indeed limit the existence of cryptocurrency, so the development team anticipates chaos, so recommend KYC. I strongly agree with KYC, this also minimizes multi accounts for bounty campaigns.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:08:29 AM

i think kyc is not good, but it does not seem to work anymore without it. i do not like this development, but it will certainly prevail. for some people kyc seems to stand for reliability, but i see it differently. nevertheless, i have to get used to it.
kiw_91

Activity: 291

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:20:45 AM

KYC is a compliance requirement for most countries. It is a regulation put in place by Central Banks. This is to avoid Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. KYC verification is a crucial part of many transactions. I would gladly oblige/ follow the requirement for KYC if needed. However, they will need to provide the clause that they will only use our data / document for verification purposes only. You may email them first before submitting any documents.

I work in Compliance for a Bank. Soo i handle with fake id's on a daily basis.
KopiItem

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:31:24 AM

KYC is not supposed to be required in cryptocurrency's world. I really agree KYC is totally troublesome procedure, due to it has been proven that some people avoid this procedure because it avoids them being misused by the others. But I think everything depends on the situation, if the profitable bounty requires KYC for their rewards I think you should fill the KYC for better life.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 12:39:43 AM

The world KYC and Crypto are actually mutually exclusive terms.
But with the rise of ICOs, tokens and scams related to it, and especially ICOs becoming one of the steps of money laundering, law enforcement were forced to act for the safety of it's people.
So, KYC is for the ICOs to save their face in time of money laundering complaints.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
invoker666

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:40:00 AM

I hate when the bounties spend KYC, without notifying in advance, I think this is a way to cut the pool
marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 01:03:17 AM

If the ico you trust really needs KYC, for me, I would certainly comply in order to participate in the tokensale. But make sure that the ico you are complying with is a trusted one. And it is better also to keep off submitting KYC documents just to have a airdrop. Better stay away from that one.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
Casalania

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:05:02 AM

if you plan to become an investor in an ico, yes it is required to do kyc. almost all ico now are having kyc process because it is one of the most important document they need to let you invest to their project.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: