Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:06:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require?  (Read 5402 times)
Goruno

Activity: 401
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:59:03 PM

Generally it's necessary to identify someone before joining a certain ICO and also prevent money laundering.
However KYC must be safe and avoid leaking out with any partners on the ICO project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:00:32 PM

I would say that ideally it was not required, but we have to accept the fact that to legalize the project and adhere to the regulators it is required now and i think it will be good for long term and market will benefit from it, i only want the regulators to do kyc also from the team or people behind each project so that the fraud ratio goes down.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
khelan

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 04:27:23 PM

no its not. Because crypto is so popular because of its concept of decentralized. When any ICO do the KYC then it may share the investment detail to government which investor don't want.
thanhdatdat23

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:29:31 PM

I think it's necessary to kyc to avoid cheating in ICO, bounties, airdrops. KYC will make those ICO, bounty... more trusted. But be careful to KYC, only choose good projects to upload your identity .
X-avier

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:30:46 PM

I think that for investors this is a necessary procedure, but when it comes to the fact that KYC needs to pass bounty participants it's just arrogance, because the bounty members are not investors and do not bring their money to them, why they need the data of these people is unclear.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Dhruvv1

Activity: 151
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:39:12 PM

Imagine going to the office or school without an identification card or traveling abroad without a passport and boarding pass. For cryptocurrency exchanges, that is equivalent to doing business with people they have not personally vetted.
Kripto_adam

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:40:23 PM

I donk know but  i personally stay away from icos with kyc!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Kartika1

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 04:48:21 PM

i didn't like it either, since right now so many spam came to my email. but, right now so many eth scammer that using someone else bitcointalk profile with different eth wallet add, so kyc it's kinda help disqualify that
Gifolote

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:54:25 PM

personally, I try to avoid a project that requires KYC. because I think that it is not checked. there are many ways to cheat and I don't want to give information about myself to unknown people.
hidden jutsu

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:01:42 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
for participating in ico's, yes you are required, because there are some regulation they avoid, they need to know your nationality first before they let you invest, because there are some countries that prohibits any relation about cryptocurrency.
but for bounty campaigns, I think there's no need to undergo kyc, since we're not even an investor.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Nagibator007

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:04:08 PM

Aha is required, more to the extent that all to control, and developers and those who hold the bounty company is a very good reason in sotron to remove the guys who did the bounty,and their tokens to clean up, as it is necessary to constantly monitor where you need CUS and to what number it is necessary to
StephenieDuong

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

—RUSHMOON — Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:04:56 PM

KYC is not really nessery in crypto, but for ico token listing then KYC is really important. Most of exchanger required any ICO token want to be listed, must have KYC of buyers so that they could know this ICO is real.

░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░
          ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░     ░░
        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░      ░░░░
     ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░ ░░░     ░░░
    ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░   ░▓▓▓░  ░░▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░          ░▒░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░            ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░▓▓▓░░  ░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓░░▒▓░ ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ░░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
     ░░▓▓░░ ▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
   ░░▓░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
 ░░▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
    ░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
  ░░▓▓░░░▒▓▓░░  ░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
 ░▓▓░   ░░░
RushMoon
Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC
goodman4hire

Activity: 291
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 05:07:23 PM

Of course we do not need to do KYC.  It's simply an info grab.  It's also very dangerous to have our information floating around out in cyberspace for all of eternity.  I can only imagine how many passports are floating around on the not so friendly parts of the internet. 

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:08:42 PM

It has pros and cons as well,some of the ICO's require KYC to to participate on its presale to confirm where we are from because some counties have regulations and restrictions to  ICO's so they need to make sure those people were kept away from participation.And the cons like our personal infos maybe misused in they were scam organizers that is why we need to research about the project before participation.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:10:41 PM

Well for me i think KYC is really necessary for legality and for anti money laundry. If you need ETF and also need crypto to be able to become a legal asset or legal currency we do need this KYC.
KYC is not really nessery in crypto, but for ico token listing then KYC is really important. Most of exchanger required any ICO token want to be listed, must have KYC of buyers so that they could know this ICO is real.
Well i dont think KYC for ICO is important cause we do give them our personal data and we dont know what they going to do with that data, and also i dont think they need them, i believe KYC only needed on exchange cause its where the money going to move and its the door for fiat to crypto and crypto into fiat.

4ernuy

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 05:21:11 PM

The rules establish projects. If this does not suit you, you can stop participating in the bounty campaigns.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
ozgurk

Activity: 252

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:23:12 PM

I think it is not necessary. Some projects want to kyc for the join the ico or airdrop or bounty campaign but I do not like this situation.

ethicalbtc

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:23:58 PM

I think KYC is needed for bounty participants since some bounty hunters have been using multiple entries and accounts just to maximize the prize pool. In this matter the bounty campaign will be fair to the bounty participants since all your works in the bounty program will be paid fairly.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:37:34 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
There are many countries that have banned investing in ICO for its citizens so the cryptocurrency projects does have to comply to that and that's why they are adapting to these methods as they don't want to get into any trouble by letting the investors from those regulated countries to invest in their ICO. This is the sole reason for kyc in ICO and it can also be Baca use they are preventing money laundering by asking the investors for KYC before accepting any payments.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:44:16 PM

I really do not like it. But if I want to get a reward for the work done, then I have to pass the KYC..

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: