Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:28:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require?  (Read 5401 times)
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:38:30 AM

I think that kyc is very important if we need to regulate crypto and go forward and try to gain worldwide adoption of this new and growing industry that we have been working hard to get the entire world on board.Kyc will help the regulatory bodies to work well with industry and this will lead to the achievement of the goals of worldwide adoption of cryptocurrency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ipsec

Activity: 584
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:55:27 AM

Of course it is required. Think about it - how exactly can the company defend itself in court? Why does the SEC require this data?
Elorika

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:16:23 PM

Of course not all coins require kyc , but for most required, I have of course in the experience of pure projects usually shoot with kyc and they are good to earn the rest a little

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
ipsec2

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:49:56 PM

Of course it is required. Think about it - how exactly can the company defend itself in court? Why does the SEC require this data?

This account has been stolen and is not yours
StatesManG
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:58:08 PM

TO me yes I think it's required,  many launder money into crypto to run away from the law. Personally crypto should be back seen that way so I like the kyc thing

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
rabinot

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:59:04 PM

No, I think that it is generally unacceptable and this should not be in this market at all because it is a disrespect for us that we are bounty hutners

⚫▶ BUILDERIUM.io Token Sale Starts ▶ July 23 th, 2018
mapsi

Activity: 141

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:59:33 PM

I think kyc can require for exchanges but in icos i think that is really unnecessary. Because we are only investing 500 dollar 1k dollar.. We can not launder our money with investing 500 dollar..
They need to create some rules about in ico space. I dont want to send my personal documents to everyone. I am investing and i am sending my personal document that is unbelievable.
If someone wants to invest any ico more than 50k 100k dollar that can be require kyc. but for average investors that kyc is unnecessary

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798

homt.net

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 10:59:51 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .

From the inception of my participation in cryptocurrency  business, i had always been against KYC in crypto because it goes against the principle of decentralization,so i am also of the opinion that it should be eradicated totally because it solving no problem in crypto.

HOMT

Powered by,
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 11:37:57 AM

In ICO if they want a KYC ill think must better to apply of it, But in the bounty it waste of time to doing some KYC. Must better to give them the bounty rewards than to need KYC. I know KYC was important in the ICO but do not require on bounty campaign.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
omedian

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:44:18 AM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
If not KYC then what will be as effective against cheaters? I don't think that KYC procedure is necessary for Airdrops, but for bounty campaigns it is rather useful. Of course you need to be very careful with choosing a bounty campaign  and sending your personal data, always remember about the risks.

monkeyking03

Activity: 316

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:45:12 PM

For me ICO'need this to be able to be sure that their customer buying their tokens/coins is not in use for money laundering.but when airdrops ask for kyc then you must to think twice...always read terms and condition when applying kyc.
Cmoh

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:48:47 PM

KYC in the crypto market does not require really. But, I think they are collecting this ID proof to manipulate the customer data and in future to harm the investors financially. I think this why the hacking in the crypto sectors is high almost 50% of wealth can be hacked.
LuaKT

Activity: 162

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:57:28 PM

I think we shouldnt send these important documents to these companys. Because investors investing only with 1k dollar or 2 k dollar. That is small amount of money. They need to track big investors like with 100k 300k dollar. I really hate to sending my personal and special documents
to newborn companies . and we know too many of them are scams.. So they are stealing our money and our private documents. Jesus.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
vertinfos

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:45:55 PM

Yes of course now a lot of projects where required kyc and is good on the one hand , I kyc can earn good money on any where it is not
whyrqa

Activity: 1093
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 08:55:51 PM

There are lots of dissonance about the KYC matter. But I personally feel that KYC is not the thing without which crypto can't work. On the otherhand, I don't want to share my personal informations with others whom I personally don't know. There is no guarantee that personal info will not be shared with an unwanted identify.

#business #forextrader #bitcoinnews #invest
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:20:00 PM

There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that 6 their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
I noticed so many projects these days now ask for kyc from bounty hunters, which was not a common thing to be found from projects of those days. There are even some that ask for it, by the time it is about to end, or after it might have ended, which to me is uncalled for. Although, some projects these day claim to do, because it is required by the law that bind investment in ICO, so bounty hunters are included.
xeltran
Copper Member

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:24:29 PM

to be honest i dont like it but you can choose whether to give your personal info or not to, my personal Data / information is very vital for me its super important for me not to disclose it to anybody and i dont like someday i will see my passport / identity being sold in the black market its good against fraud but you can buy KYC from some random person for USD $

HashieNewb

Activity: 616

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:31:21 PM

This issue has been discussed many times, many protest it, most projects are mandatory KYC, but in my opinion it is necessary to eliminate the fraud. The problem is that people need to choose projects, to ensure the safety of their information.

People do not want to do that KYC verification because they need to stay hidden while online.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
lizaangel321

Activity: 560
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:48:03 PM

Personally, I have nothing against an KYC, I even consider it necessary to compare a person’s passport with his account in order to avoid scamm on the part of the bounty hunter. But I am very against when asked to send a residence permit. What for? What will it give them? And if these documents fall into the hands of scammers, this is a big risk.
e@symode

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:51:06 PM

Like many people, I think that cryptocurrency and verification are very different things that cannot be combined because there are so many different things between them. All this is temporary, because the state will still force verification but KYC is not needed at all!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: