Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:58:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require?  (Read 5401 times)
satriagedhe

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:56:01 PM

i dont like KYC  , giving our personal info just for 100-1k $ invest are really bad thing and we dont know what they do to our data or maybe they just do data mining for that

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCITA187

Activity: 1176
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:58:05 PM

Of course, it is needed nowadays! Without proper KYC, How do you know your customer? Though crypto promises an anonymous network but still KYC is good to prevent projects from scammer
What you are writing does not make sense. The tokens can be bought on an exchange without kyc.
This is really crazy that people still think that KYC this is safety way and if you're not using KYC you're in danger?
I read about KYC documents that was stolen or sold by ICO's teams in web, so I don't like KYC procedure especially from ICO's. I understand why some exchanges use it, but still doesn't believe to the ICO team especially when they trade their tokens on DEX.
Danica22

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:58:48 PM

Some project needs KYC in order to participate in their ICOs but I think this is not mandated. I don't think what is the main intention of those ICOs who needs the KYC of every investors, every investors must be anonymous specially if they are a bigtime investors or even not.

clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:00:02 PM

Regulations is coming to cryptocurrency and in particular ICO investment.  The ICO participation and popularity has captured the attention of the regulators and the government are looking at the way to protect their citizens!

Crytptomeniac

Activity: 240
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:00:48 PM

Personally, I think not, KYC is something that should be exclusive use of exchanges to avoid scams and manipulations in trading, but it is not something that you should give to receive a bounty of a token, so I am in favor of privacy tokens, airdrops such as priv do not require it and continue to give you tokens at the end of the ad.
CryptoVal13

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:02:15 PM

I think soon KYC will be left in the past , just like decentralization against centralization, users will look for something that won't require time and personal data showing.

http://DOMINIUM.me
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
criket

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:05:52 PM

Regulations is coming to cryptocurrency and in particular ICO investment.  The ICO participation and popularity has captured the attention of the regulators and the government are looking at the way to protect their citizens!
how does the government protect its citizens with KYC regulations on cryptocurrency? For countries that reject crypto, I don't think that they will give permission to all invest, it is proven that some countries are not allowed to follow ico investments. but I think that is not a form of government protection against citizens. kyc is a rule that must be done now to provide our data as people who have crypto assets. not only on ico but now the exchange has also obliged us to do kyc in possession of cryptocurrency assets.
Perrigeni

Activity: 182

Crypto Depository Receipts

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:08:07 PM

Identification of the personality here without need. The cryptocurrency was thought up as free means of payment without initialization of the personality

odranoel

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:10:25 PM

I don't think so, in my owned experience in the four bounty program i joined i have one bounty which required KYC, and it is still on going and processing. But i don't think that it is hard for the bounty hunter like us but still i am waiting for the success of it.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
fammy

Activity: 224

Bounty Detective

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:12:33 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
In some ways it having a KYC requirements really helps a lot to reduced and limit alternative accounts and also multiple scammers account but it has also have its cons which is it harms people's identity and infomation.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Telegram Channel◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Telegram Group◂ | ▸Youtube Channel
hxtop

Activity: 1071
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:21:27 PM

ICO projects require know your customer data in order to avoid some legal problems. As far as i know, if we want to participate in these projects, actually even if we don't want we will give it an identity.
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:25:18 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
KYC and AML is required by governments, they do it to protect themselves. Every investing/financial company on the world which receives and sends money should verify their customers to detect money laundering.
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:25:46 PM

KYC is sometimes needed when someone will put their own money on the ICO. Some earn their money in dirty ways and they do participate ICOs to make the stolen money be unnoticeable are it is exchange to tokens. The ICO is only aware if there are some people just taking advantage on it to continue doing illegal things and evade the authority easily because being on crypto makes you anonymous that makes bad people hidden.
Elorika

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:26:54 PM

Well, again, not all of course projects require kyc, usually reported at the beginning of the company , but sometimes there are cases that after require, but again at your own risk to pass kyc

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
oOVVVVVVVOo

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:31:06 PM

KYC - this is some fiction) All the crypto currency is anonymous and decentralized! I would be very surprised if I was asked about my personal data ...
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:36:11 PM

KYC is required for certain ICO's and is also required on most FIAT gateways (exchanges). Even certain wallets (Shapeshift) are implementing KYC.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:24:53 PM

in my opinion KYC is very important if used wisely and honestly, kyc functions are needed to overcome various types of fraud, for example multi accounts and restricted countries

httpb

Activity: 644
Merit: 272

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:27:03 PM

in my opinion KYC is very important if used wisely and honestly, kyc functions are needed to overcome various types of fraud, for example multi accounts and restricted countries

Yeah, but sometimes, they request KYC for silly things. I joined an aidrop for ICO months ago and recently got an email, notifying me that I received the tokens, but I need to do KYC if I want to withdraw them. Checking their current value, the tokens were worth whole $7.  Cheesy
johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:34:26 PM

I am totally against KYC. It is meaningless and it is a formality that solve no problems, but creates a lot more problems. And of course a lot of ICO are abusing KYC and try to collect data, they are not supposed to have.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
doroshok

Activity: 115
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:46:53 PM

I really don't understand why we have to give our data. Now there are many ICO scams, and the personal data provided by them can be used by scammers to the detriment of you. They can sell that information.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: