Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:46:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC in crypto, does it really require?  (Read 5401 times)
Kekenapep

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:08:54 PM

I do not really think it is necessary,though some campaigns request for it for some reasons which I'll outline here,while other are just following the bandwagon...one of the major reasons of KYC,which full meaning is know your customers,is to verify and make sure citizens from countries banned from cryptocurrency aren't involved in the campaign,another reason is so individuals will be dissuaded from using multiple accounts on the campaign.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PashVit

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:09:00 PM

I think that companies using KYC in bounty and airdrop  for prevent with multi-accounts. But probably someone using KYC to collect your personal data
I have always strained KYC this became especially strange when they began to demand in airdrop. Then I blew up completely. I think this attitude will deprive me of work, but do not step over yourself.
Fantina

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:19:13 PM

Know your customer (KYC) is been used in crypto to know details about the people participating in a particular campaign. But in my own views, I guess it should be used for the investors and not the bounty hunters.
Support. But the reason that the hunters were also subjected to KYC is that in some countries, the cryptocurrency is prohibited and in the future may condemn the company for giving the currency to a citizen of such a country.
nazaroenko1

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:26:03 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .

Absolutely correct. It is very dangerous to give personal data to strangers. They can be used for fraud.
Cryptocb

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:28:13 PM

Kyc is simply means know your customer as it name Applies, which is majorly used by investors, that deal with a high quantity of the token, hence bounty earn less which is not necessary for kcy.
masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:30:38 PM

I also don't understand why KYC is so needed for bounty participants, for ICOs it might be very important, because of the regulation of several countries, prohibiting ICOs and the like. but for participant bounty in my opinion it is less important, because participant bounty does not take part directly in a project, they are only marketing personnel with payment after the ICO is complete.

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:26:23 PM

Only some of the ICOs asking for KYC for their airdrop and bounty campaign.
It is our decision if we participate in it or not.
There are so many ICOs which are not asking for KYC so everybody can select those ones if not willing to fulfil the KYC.
ekowkow

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

JUST HODL !

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:38:23 PM

Currently there are many bounties from a project that requires KYC to get tokens, in my opinion the security of our identity can be guaranteed if the project is a quality project or not a scam project, if the project is a scam then the KYC we provide is only for people to use irresponsible, and that is very risky for us.
cryptobrzy

Activity: 123
Merit: 3

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:44:23 PM

KYC helps projects to stay on the right side of the law as regards the people investing on the projects. However, for bounty hunters, this are not investors and they get paid, so I don't think KYC is necessary.
data provided during KYC are sensitive and most of the time bounty hunters are taking big risks with the projects they engage in because most projects are scams.

████████████          SMARTFI.com          ████████████
───────          The Open Lending Platform          ───────
mrSamuel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:47:01 PM

Do we really need to submit our personal details to ICOs for buying the token or for participating in it's bounty and airdrop?
I always wonder why do we need to give our vital info to ICOs that most are not even likely to come on in crypto space and crypto is all about decentralization but submitting our info has made it look centralized to me.
There is no regulation in crypto yet so why should we give our details to unknow ico organizers, so claim to prevent some region in participating in the ico because of the country law but those ICOs comes from the same region and country that prevent their own citizen from participating, should we say they are using style to rob us or our details is being used for other purpose .
I think it's high time we all need to stop giving our details to ICOs if really the crypto is all about decentralized and their is no regulation in the world yet to really require such details, I will like to know everyone minds about the submission of our details in term of KYC .
"KYC" is not found in every ICO and very rarely in the bounty and airdrop. Where "KYC" is required, I carefully check the developers of the project and the company's privacy policy.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Bavaria

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:23:00 PM

Honestly i hate kyc.
But at the same time for crypto projects KYC is necessary for complying with a legal obligation.
Dinsdendo

Activity: 199

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:26:28 PM

I think that KYC in cryptocurrency is not needed because then anonymity is lost
Reality5

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:33:38 PM

There is supposed to be no reason for cryptocurrency projects to require KYC. Even Satoshi himself and the founders never suggested ICO in cryptocurrency. It should be anonymous.
kulas

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:57:11 PM

I think that KYC in cryptocurrency is not needed because then anonymity is lost
Agree, one of the nature of crypto is anonymity, then why some exchanges and ICO requires KYC? I know it would be use for some reasons but crypto is known for its anonymity and privacy.
daxiake

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:01:32 AM

I think KYC is a good method.  I do not mind to share their data. This will help weed out a lot of scams. Also a bounty would be better with this check. A multi-client would be unable to work.
nurulhmani1280wat

Activity: 394
Merit: 1

XEGGEX

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:25:26 AM

in my opinion crypto really needs the first kyc to avoid cheating the participants who make a lot of accounts and money laundering or avoid fraud and protect the interests of project diversification.

▀████▄       XeggeX      ▀████▄
✈ ✈ ✈ THE WORLD'S MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM ✈ ✈ ✈
 ✈ ✈ ✈ xeggex.com ✈ ✈ ✈[/center
asraaf8687

Activity: 105

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:38:20 AM

I think in Crypto it really needs kyc, because this prevents people from making multiple accounts and avoids money laundering or things that make fraud in the project.
kingleo121987

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:47:35 AM

yes KYC is crypto, really needs it, maybe the team that founded their project wants to know and avoid cheating or money laundering in the project, but we must be careful about giving identity, because we are to avoid things that are not desirable.
blockfame

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:50:10 AM

It makes sense if its a security token.
qias2012

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:58:14 AM

in my opinion, the only kyc knows which participating customers support the project, which country they come from and the gender of the participants who join in.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: