May 14, 2024, 05:26:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 [805] 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009210 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Qan

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:17:56 PM

Thanks.

That was a close call.

I had already downloaded the other file yesterday and ran it. What do you think should I do now?

Is my system now compromised?

If you Never Ran the Compromised version, then it should have remained dormant and not activated to make any changes to your system.
But run a scan with one of the AVs in the below quote to be safe.
If it comes up clean, you good to go, if it finds a trojan, after removing the trojan,  then I would recommend you create a new Zeit wallet , with new address and new encrypted password. I would also change my passwords, for any exchanges or bank accounts.
Just to be safe.

Update :  If anyone downloaded the ZEIT Windows Wallet in December of this year.

Please check your Windows Zeitcoin-qt.exe Checksums,

MD5 Checksum: F760A679B086CEA7FA4FA0F0448B5906
SHA-1 Checksum: DFDC8DCB8F9959CFD8639D3FAE5BA5B2B113FC4A
SHA-256 Checksum: 23E0E002A3FBBDD8EB174084EF9E7DC29F318DAE3196DE9A2C9271B60464525F
SHA-512 Checksum: 3140F7553E34BC22A1D791D162382205986B43EC93259A69E13CD7E70C214CAB01B3CB42F3346B0 6DCEBC6EAA46DA62395B26B3A1BC481E746F117CB2DA71116

or Older version dated 7-7-2017 that used IRC code
MD5 Checksum: FBB3F215B9A8C91C374D98709DAD3450
SHA-1 Checksum: D3E5E137D328A7D6C7767981836B91DB5BFE55E6
SHA-256 Checksum: 63FDE7CFB6A457BEBC401BAB679EBE463464C301FDD09E3720F4F85150AEF94A
SHA-512 Checksum: 7D76D64DB1EED95F0B5FFCBAC03911B9D105BC1A53AA754EC376190ABA16A8C352ECD15B7BCDEA5 2686B9C54980CBF8128EF0D4221900C733F387075ACA099A0

Then you are good , Both of those are safe.
Also Linux users that compile their own code are unaffected.

If your Checksum is anything beside the ones listed above, you have a compromised file.
Delete the zeitcoin-qt.exe that does not match the above checksums and immediately run a scan of your system using one of the following antivirus.

AhnLab-V3
ALYac
Antiy-AVL
Arcabit
Avast
AVG
Avira
AVware
Baidu
BitDefender
CAT-QuickHeal
Cyren
Emsisoft
ESET-NOD32
F-Secure
Fortinet
GData
Ikarus
Jiangmin
K7AntiVirus
K7GW
Kaspersky
McAfee
Artemis!ADD5C8B361D8
Panda
Sophos AV
Sophos ML
TrendMicro-HouseCall
VIPRE
Webroot
Zillya
ZoneAlarm

All of the Antivirus programs detect the trojan.
Once they remove it, and report your system clean I would recommend you create a new Zeit wallet , with new address and new encrypted password. I would also change my passwords, for any exchanges or bank accounts.
We have had no reports of thefts, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Future Reference always check the checksums of any file you download, but from now on.
Check the checksums listed on the website, but also verify that the checksum is listed the same the OP here.
If unsure ask before using.

Cool

FYI:
You can use
"Generated by MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility @ http://raylin.wordpress.com/downloads/md5-sha-1-checksum-utility "
To verify the Checksums, if you don't have a different program

Thanks I did run the file yesterday but it actually never ran fully. Nothing was generated/created and the file crashed, the antivirus kept blocking the file.

The anti virus was Windows Defender. I am now going to download Avast and run a full system scan.

Thanks for your help.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KikloV

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:57:44 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 02:33:08 PM by KikloV

My Personal Synopsis

The Powers that Be are Frighten of What ZEIT is becoming, because they know they can't control it .

ZEIT has the Strength of peer to peer file sharing, with none of the weakness of a PoW network.

PoW networks always centralized, to massive warehouses of energy wasting ASICS and can not be hidden from view.

ZEIT can run on a laptop in a coffee shop for a few hours and move at will, with no way of predicting its location.

The Powers that Be have hired some black hats to DDOS our website over the past few years, as of today ,
they have Compromised our WebSite at ZEIT-Coin.net, and placed a false zeitcoin wallet with a trojan sometime around Dec 7th of this year.
(Instructions for dealing with it are in the previous posts, also Alternative links where you can download Safe versions of the ZEIT Wallets.)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487814.msg26722853#msg26722853

We had unknown buyers a few months ago, buy up massive amounts of zeitcoins in the billions and
then only a few weeks ago dump that very same amount trying to crush the Spirit of the Knights and Community.
(LOL, The Will of the Knights can never be broken.)  Smiley
(ZEIT Knights and Community will always Adapt and Overcome , we won't be stopped by these cowardly adversaries.)

Cool
KikloV

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:17:46 PM

Anyone that downloaded the trojan from the website.

These two scanners seem to work very well at finding it.
Hitman Pro  (Has a free 30 day version and a 1 time Free removal)
https://www.hitmanpro.com/en-us/hmp.aspx

Spyware Hunter  (Not free but does show file locations , so you can manually delete it.)
https://www.enigmasoftware.com/products/spyhunter/

I found the trojan loaded the following

a Directory on C:\Sh4ldr
with files like vmlinuz & initrd

It also started a service called WindowsProcessor.exe
* it also add a startup item called madbit
which you can see if you run msconfig from the cmd prompt and click on Startup*

and created a directory under
C:\Users\%UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\2\RarSFX0\WindowsProcessor.exe
it included the windowsprocessor , and a normal copy of the zeitcoin wallet.

1st. CTRL-AlT-Delete, go to task manager , look under processes and end Task on WindowsProcessor.exe , then you can manually delete those files and directories listed above.

Cool

FYI: Even after running the antivirus scanners , check for these directories and files for the next day or so , to make sure they don't reappear.
Qan

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:25:22 PM

Looks like I was the first victim lol. Yup that's corrector it was windowsprocessor.exe that my anti virus kept finding and deleting. I did got the file to half run and it again found and deleted that file. I'll run these programs again to make sure no malware remains.

Already feeling great about Zeitcoin.

Can anyone explain what's up with the fork and how will zeitcoin holders be affected? The website says 130 days until the fork. I understand the forked version will not have ULI ? So my zeitcoins would the ULI ones or without and which ledger they be on ?
KikloV

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:38:03 PM

Looks like I was the first victim lol. Yup that's corrector it was windowsprocessor.exe that my anti virus kept finding and deleting. I did got the file to half run and it again found and deleted that file. I'll run these programs again to make sure no malware remains.

Already feeling great about Zeitcoin.

Can anyone explain what's up with the fork and how will zeitcoin holders be affected? The website says 130 days until the fork. I understand the forked version will not have ULI ? So my zeitcoins would the ULI ones or without and which ledger they be on ?

The Current Version 2.0.2.1 is the ULI version and it was forked on August 11, 2017.

That is a old link and it will be deleted in the redesign.

There are No forks in the immediate future, we will notify everyone months ahead of time if their is one.
None scheduled at the moment.

Cool
MVS76

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:22:15 PM

Rules for posting ,
Have at least 100 Million Zeitcoins in 1 Address confirmed by the Block Explorer.
New Knights will be confirmed in order of posting

Goto https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/   and verify your amount of zeit is at least 100 million.
Copy & Paste your zeit address in the search box and hit enter.

Copy & Paste  your Address & Balance  in a POST in this forum.
Example Post:

Name:                  Kiklo
Address                McTB1Hv4FMsuvUAnmjcdPbXta51qJ7wSWD     
Balance                 # At least 100 million ZEIT

Hello!
Where can I buy coins?
Why a very small number of exchanges providing exchange, there is absolutely no liquidity?
When exchanges connect ZEIT / USD
Thank you!
KikloV

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:18:51 PM

Hello!
Where can I buy coins?
Why a very small number of exchanges providing exchange, there is absolutely no liquidity?
When exchanges connect ZEIT / USD
Thank you!

You can buy coins here at :
alcurex     
Cryptopia   
SouthXchange   
TradeSatoshi   

Considering the way BTC went from $400 bucks to $20,000 , now back down to $15,000.
I have to say there is not alot of liquidity in the crypto markets at all.

However on https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=ZEIT_LTC alone,
there are enough buy orders to purchase over 2 Billion Coins
and if you include https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=ZEIT_DOGE, there are enough buy orders on it alone to buy all of the Zeitcoin in existence, you may not want to sell that low , but the buy orders are there.
That does not even include the other markets.

As far as a USD pairing , you have to ask the exchanges, they pick the pairings.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Cool
KikloV

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:26:34 PM

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Cool
Jav2fx

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:42:16 PM

And why don´t they block all downloads until resolving it?. It is irresponsible and very dangerous. I just downloaded a wallet a few hours ago from the official web. Avast and Malwarebytes said it has a MALWARE Backdoor.trace. NOT A SINGLE WORD IN ZEIT WEB about their security has been compromised.
This backdoor would take all my passwords and all my coins would be hacked.
For sure, I will never will invest a cent in ZEIT because of the team irresponsibility about this serious problem.
It is occuring the same with the SpreadCoin32 official wallet. Bot are helping to spread malware keeping downloads active.
KikloV

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:19:41 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 09:47:03 PM by KikloV

And why don´t they block all downloads until resolving it?. It is irresponsible and very dangerous. I just downloaded a wallet a few hours ago from the official web. Avast and Malwarebytes said it has a MALWARE Backdoor.trace. NOT A SINGLE WORD IN ZEIT WEB about their security has been compromised.
This backdoor would take all my passwords and all my coins would be hacked.
For sure, I will never will invest a cent in ZEIT because of the team irresponsibility about this serious problem.
It is occuring the same with the SpreadCoin32 official wallet. Bot are helping to spread malware keeping downloads active.

Only the website was compromised,

The alternative download links from my mega site and the download links on the slack have nothing to do with the website.
(Their Checksums should be checked before using as a standard procedure.)

The Website was being controlled by the hacker, which is why we had to completely disable it.
The fact the hacker was corrupting it as fast as Ray was trying to fix it seems lost on you.

I post instructions for how to deal with it in the previous posts , after making sure it was clean, then changes all of your passwords , and make new wallets just to be safe if you were affected.

If you did not check the checksum and you did not run a virus scan on it before You Used it, how is that not your fault, that is why a checksum is listed in case of hacking.

Good Day to you.

Cool

FYI:
Interesting you are a newbie account just created today and this is your very 1st post, and when I noticed Malwarebytes scan of the trojan did not show up anything , which is why I did not recommend it. But you claim it reported it.
Hmm, it is not out of the realm of possibility that you are the paid black hat, so who paid you?
Or at the very least why did your malwarebytes report the file when my malwarebytes did not?
And if your Antivirus & malware caught it before it did anything why are you freaking out?
Did you get the madbit added to your startup or are you the hacker?

Interesting how the mind tells on itself.  Wink
C:\Users\%UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\2\RarSFX0\WindowsProcessor.exe
RarSFX0
Jav2fx
MVS76

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:26:36 PM

alcurex     
Cryptopia   
SouthXchange   
TradeSatoshi   

Considering the way BTC went from $400 bucks to $20,000 , now back down to $15,000.

and if you include https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=ZEIT_DOGE, there are enough buy orders on it alone to buy all of the Zeitcoin in existence, you may not want to sell that low , but the buy orders are there.

As far as a USD pairing , you have to ask the exchanges, they pick the pairings.

Cool
Thanks for the answer!
Why is there no trade on yobit.net, there is good liquidity, many users?
Is it a problem on your part, or on the part of yobit.net?
Thank you!
KikloV

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:44:25 PM

alcurex     
Cryptopia   
SouthXchange   
TradeSatoshi   

Cool
Thanks for the answer!
Why is there no trade on yobit.net, there is good liquidity, many users?
Is it a problem on your part, or on the part of yobit.net?
Thank you!

Yobit has not sync their wallet in over a year, they have ignored all support requests for over a year.
Personally I'll be happy when someone sues them like they did cryptsy so we can find out what happened to the zeitcoins they stole from the users.

ZEIT has been running fine on Cryptopia the entire time, and they are our oldest exchange.

Cool
Jav2fx

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:05:12 PM

FYI:
Interesting you are a newbie account just created today and this is your very 1st post, and when I noticed Malwarebytes scan of the trojan did not show up anything , which is why I did not recommend it. But you claim it reported it.
Hmm, it is not out of the realm of possibility that you are the paid black hat, so who paid you?
Or at the very least why did your malwarebytes report the file when my malwarebytes did not?
And if your Antivirus & malware caught it before it did anything why are you freaking out?
-----------------

Look man,
1. I used Free Malwarebytes version, also went to Virus Total for checking the file with more antivirus, most of them detected the backdoor but some did not. I wonder what Malwarebytes version are you using or if it is actualized because even the free version detects it.....
2. I went to the official Zeit web from a clean "Coincheckup" link, for getting a clean and direct official wallet. When downloading it, Avast cut it saying it was malware. Really, it is a shame that the web was not closed, or at least the download inactive up to fix this. Instead, it is spreading malware for a long time.
3. I am Newbie in cryptos and just registered today here and in Reddit for alerting people because after searching for Zeit, SpreadCoin32, and malware or virus did not found a single alert. Right?.
Please, do your work for not compromising our security, instead talking silly things on if I could be the hacker coming here for alerting about this serious problem.

Have a good day, it could be very bad for me, or already is for others, because the BIG IRRESPONSIBILITY of letting the web spreading a very dangerous malware all this time.
KikloV

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:19:01 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 10:56:52 PM by KikloV

FYI:
-----------------

Look man,
1. I used Free Malwarebytes version, also went to Virus Total for checking the file with more antivirus, most of them detected the backdoor but some did not. I wonder what Malwarebytes version are you using or if it is actualized because even the free version detects it.....
2. I went to the official Zeit web from a clean "Coincheckup" link, for getting a clean and direct official wallet. When downloading it, Avast cut it saying it was malware. Really, it is a shame that the web was not closed, or at least the download inactive up to fix this. Instead, it is spreading malware for a long time.
3. I am Newbie in cryptos and just registered today here and in Reddit for alerting people because after searching for Zeit, SpreadCoin32, and malware or virus did not found a single alert. Right?.
Please, do your work for not compromising our security, instead talking silly things on if I could be the hacker coming here for alerting about this serious problem.

Have a good day, it could be very bad for me, or already is for others, because the BIG IRRESPONSIBILITY of letting the web spreading a very dangerous malware all this time.

I also used the Free version of malwarebytes with the latest update and it thought the file was clean,
which is why I recommend hitman plus and spyhunter as they found the trojan.
Just really interesting that AFX , also happens to be the name of a
AFX Rootkit 2005 is an open source rootkit written in Delphi (by Aphex) that uses DLL injection and API hooking to hide files, Registry keys, processes, and the like.

I also looked in the Spreadcoin32 forum and you did not make a post there yet?
Why not?

Yep, AFX , I think you the poser behind it.
And you are a little peeved you were blocked.

Cool

FYI:
If Avast stop the download, it never made it to your PC to infect it,
so how could malwarebytes even scan it , if Avast already blocked it.  Cheesy
And why did you not report it in the forum, as it was mentioned way before you spoke up?

FYI2:
You never appeared , until the website had already been taken offline,
and the Other download locations posted , along with the OP was already updated reporting the hack attack on the website.
Oh, the Slack forum was also updated warning everyone before you appeared Mr. AFX .
FWBlack2

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 11:37:44 PM

Are recent versions prior to December clean?  I'm using a version from August 2017.
KikloV

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:17:04 AM

Are recent versions prior to December clean?  I'm using a version from August 2017.

Yes,
Website was not compromised until around Dec 7th as far as we can tell.
Everything prior to that should be safe.

If you want to check
Download Generated by MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility @ http://raylin.wordpress.com/downloads/md5-sha-1-checksum-utility

Zeitcoin-qt.exe  DNS Seed Version (Last Version)
SHA-256 Checksum: 23E0E002A3FBBDD8EB174084EF9E7DC29F318DAE3196DE9A2C9271B60464525F
SHA-512 Checksum: 3140F7553E34BC22A1D791D162382205986B43EC93259A69E13CD7E70C214CAB01B3CB42F3346B0 6DCEBC6EAA46DA62395B26B3A1BC481E746F117CB2DA71116

The older ZEIT Wallet that used IRC was Zeitcoin-qt.exe 7-7-2017
It is also safe , here are it checksums.
SHA-256 Checksum: 63FDE7CFB6A457BEBC401BAB679EBE463464C301FDD09E3720F4F85150AEF94A
SHA-512 Checksum: 7D76D64DB1EED95F0B5FFCBAC03911B9D105BC1A53AA754EC376190ABA16A8C352ECD15B7BCDEA5 2686B9C54980CBF8128EF0D4221900C733F387075ACA099A0

Cool
FWBlack2

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 01:42:07 AM

Yes,
Website was not compromised until around Dec 7th as far as we can tell.

If you want to check
Download Generated by MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility @ http[Suspicious link removed]  DNS Seed Version (Last Version)

Cool
The checksum you gave for 7-7-17 did not match mine.  Scans with webroot show nothing wrong with the file or my system.  I downloaded the latest one you linked to.  Thanks.

These are the checksums for the version I was running which the folder I made had a date of 7-13-2017, the file is dated 8-1-2017:
MD5 Checksum: 04EA6B8521EE32F38280CD599AD823ED
SHA-1 Checksum: 76A466399B577939ADEE11B7CBB7A9CD8FBFF1E3
SHA-256 Checksum: 19AFCAE4FBE190701C062830292672A8DDB2028315090FFA3554BE8F4FC82B77
SHA-512 Checksum: 50F84A6C6457D3CD34318126E0CF34B88B6E37ED6A865FAFC88334CE3D26C73EC6816A36ECDEEBF F461100FF24C107CF7881E2E5F867C94CF0E06134CE821AE2
Generated by MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility @ http://raylin.wordpress.com/downloads/md5-sha-1-checksum-utility
KikloV

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:53:22 AM

The checksum you gave for 7-7-17 did not match mine.  Scans with webroot show nothing wrong with the file or my system.  I downloaded the latest one you linked to.  Thanks.

These are the checksums for the version I was running which the folder I made had a date of 7-13-2017, the file is dated 8-1-2017:
MD5 Checksum: 04EA6B8521EE32F38280CD599AD823ED
SHA-1 Checksum: 76A466399B577939ADEE11B7CBB7A9CD8FBFF1E3
SHA-256 Checksum: 19AFCAE4FBE190701C062830292672A8DDB2028315090FFA3554BE8F4FC82B77
SHA-512 Checksum: 50F84A6C6457D3CD34318126E0CF34B88B6E37ED6A865FAFC88334CE3D26C73EC6816A36ECDEEBF F461100FF24C107CF7881E2E5F867C94CF0E06134CE821AE2
Generated by MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility @ http://raylin.wordpress.com/downloads/md5-sha-1-checksum-utility

Hmm,
There was a DNS Seed version prior to the current version, for only a few days, your checksums must have been that one.

Anyone unsure , Run Hitman Pro  (Has a free 30 day version and a 1 time Free removal)

Cool
KikloV

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:05:42 AM

Website was compromised around Dec 7th as far as we can tell.

Anyone that Downloaded a Wallet in December,
You should Check your Checksum

Download Generated by MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility @ http://raylin.wordpress.com/downloads/md5-sha-1-checksum-utility

Zeitcoin-qt.exe  DNS Seed Version (Last Version)

If your Checksums don't match , then Run Hitman Pro  (Has a free 30 day version and a 1 time Free removal)

Only people that downloaded a Wallet from the website between Dec 1st thru Dec 21. , really need to check their checksums and run hitmanpro.  Anyone that downloaded the wallets from the slack forum or the mega links are unaffected.
File date on the Trojan was Dec 7th.

If a trojan service called WindowsProcessor.exe is found , then after cleaning your system, it is recommended to changed your passwords to any exchanges or online banking and setup new crypto wallets.

Cool
CoinQuest

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:53:35 AM

Pay atention kids, this is why we have checksums. Please use them!

All hail to Kiklo.
Primus inter pares.

As long as there is one knight left standing, ZEIT will prevail!

"I move for no man!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAW6D21ICdg
Pages: « 1 ... 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 [805] 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: