May 13, 2024, 08:06:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009210 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
waldistons

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:37:21 PM

I have version v2.0.1.2. Archive checksum that I downloaded a while ago matched current checksum in webpage. Mining reward isn't even 1 coin now? Not even just for tx fees? Earlier I was able to solo mine and get 1 coin per block, but now I get only accepted boooo shares Cheesy So, with this, mining of any kind has ended, right?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:28:05 PM

I have version v2.0.1.2. Archive checksum that I downloaded a while ago matched current checksum in webpage. Mining reward isn't even 1 coin now? Not even just for tx fees? Earlier I was able to solo mine and get 1 coin per block, but now I get only accepted boooo shares Cheesy So, with this, mining of any kind has ended, right?

Correct. This is now a pure PoS coin.
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:51:38 PM

+1. Where are you getting the 1 satoshi from? It's selling for 2 on Mintpal and 3 on Bittrex. Yes, not big numbers by any means, but like was stated before, this is still a young coin. And it was never designed to be a short term investment to make millions of dollars. Patience grasshopper.

So, what is the long-term plan?

Hmmm... part of me wants to write a long drawn out analysis, but the other part of me doesn't want to be late for work. So I will say for now that one of the long-term plans is to be a viable option for fiat currency. Afterall, isn't one of the best things about cryptocurrency the fact that they are not regulated (controlled) by any governments like fiat currencies are?

What are the specifics of the long-term plan that sets this coin apart from other cryptocurrencies vying to be alternatives to government fiat?
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:00:42 PM

What are the specifics of the long-term plan that sets this coin apart from other cryptocurrencies vying to be alternatives to government fiat?

Which other cryptocurrencies are you referring to? The ones that are obvious pump and dump scam coins? The ones with 10 million coin caps where there will never be enough coins in existence to be a truly viable option? Or how about the coins with decent values where the majority of the coins are held by a very small group of people (sounds kinda like the U.S dollar, right?)?

While it is true that there are quite a few people holding huge amounts of Zeit right now, there are only a few who are genuinely supportive of the long term outlook of the coin. There are way more people who are short sighted and are only looking to take advantage of the relative ease with which the coin was mined in it's early stages and are quick to take advantage of any price increase to dump the coins for profit. Maybe those people will tire of the constant low value and dump and move on to the latest pump and dump scam coin of choice. Then the supporters of the coin will have more available on the exchanges, and with the community member's continued support and advertisement, more people who support the Zeitgeist ideals will gain interest and start buying them up.

The community also supports helping projects such as charities, non-profit organizations that benefit mankind, and improving technologies. And of course, we would want Zeitcoin to eventually be accepted as a form of payment at businesses, like how Bitcoin is now. You want more information, then visit www.forum.zeit-coin.com and see what ideas we have for the coin. Better yet, if you have ideas, feel free to share them there.

BiffyMcBifferstein

Activity: 178

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:08:44 PM

I've been away a bit.  Is the new Mac wallet working?  I think I still have 1.0.1.0, or whatever it was.  If yes, where can I get it?
Thanks!

Zeitcoin - Mm3rSgi34U5RMnrdusjWeK8UuWNmJu1ogq | Bitcoin - 16bpb3FBFbSvfsvXKabf7C4Zwwgwpkc4vn | Litecoin - LKJhuU68SdMPnRC1EAFimS7KNs4dXs3yrf | Dogecoin - DDeez8PhqRJkGVsu1pTF9SZEWXz3ySke56
Rent_a_Ray
Legendary

Activity: 1326
Merit: 1037

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:01:37 PM

I've been away a bit.  Is the new Mac wallet working?  I think I still have 1.0.1.0, or whatever it was.  If yes, where can I get it?
Thanks!

http://www.zeit-coin.com 64Bit for MacOS Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

FaSan 64Bit Build (running on outdated Snow Leopard and above)
CLICK
BeholdTheTrueWake

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:42:04 PM

Which other cryptocurrencies are you referring to? The ones that are obvious pump and dump scam coins? The ones with 10 million coin caps where there will never be enough coins in existence to be a truly viable option? Or how about the coins with decent values where the majority of the coins are held by a very small group of people (sounds kinda like the U.S dollar, right?)?

While it is true that there are quite a few people holding huge amounts of Zeit right now, there are only a few who are genuinely supportive of the long term outlook of the coin. There are way more people who are short sighted and are only looking to take advantage of the relative ease with which the coin was mined in it's early stages and are quick to take advantage of any price increase to dump the coins for profit. Maybe those people will tire of the constant low value and dump and move on to the latest pump and dump scam coin of choice. Then the supporters of the coin will have more available on the exchanges, and with the community member's continued support and advertisement, more people who support the Zeitgeist ideals will gain interest and start buying them up.

The community also supports helping projects such as charities, non-profit organizations that benefit mankind, and improving technologies. And of course, we would want Zeitcoin to eventually be accepted as a form of payment at businesses, like how Bitcoin is now. You want more information, then visit www.forum.zeit-coin.com and see what ideas we have for the coin. Better yet, if you have ideas, feel free to share them there.

+1

People do remember that this is an open source community and it is what we make of it, right?
Contributing skills/ideas and enlightening yourself to the Zeitgeist culture will be much more rewarding than collecting coins, no doubt. There are some here who expect to sit back in hopes that others are planning and building Zeitcoin for them. The more that people begin to look at this as a movement and not just a payoff, the more it'll evolve.
Be a part of that evolution.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
solarion

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:03:34 PM

+1

People do remember that this is an open source community and it is what we make of it, right?
Contributing skills/ideas and enlightening yourself to the Zeitgeist culture will be much more rewarding than collecting coins, no doubt. There are some here who expect to sit back in hopes that others are planning and building Zeitcoin for them. The more that people begin to look at this as a movement and not just a payoff, the more it'll evolve.

Always a pleasure reading your posts sir.
rbizz

Activity: 211

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:46:50 PM

+1

I hold Zeitcoin and will continue to.  However, it's so easy for people to stuff like "Be a part of the evolution/movement etc," but unless you're holding tons of Zeit, then what is the motivation to be a part of it?  If I was holding billions of coins I would want an evolution and a movement to take place too, but the reality is that most people who hold Zeit don't hold enough to inspire them to go out of their way for this coin or any coin. 

If an evolution or movement is going to take place it needs to be driven by the developers or outsourced to someone who has knowledge of Public Relations and Social Media.  Otherwise counting on a community to suddenly to start a movement is a long shot and poor planning.
BiffyMcBifferstein

Activity: 178

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:03:59 PM

I am not even a Zeitcoin "millionaire" yet, so I intend to hold *every* coin I have to mint what little it will yield me.  So, I'm in it for the long haul, no matter how long that may actually be.

Zeitcoin - Mm3rSgi34U5RMnrdusjWeK8UuWNmJu1ogq | Bitcoin - 16bpb3FBFbSvfsvXKabf7C4Zwwgwpkc4vn | Litecoin - LKJhuU68SdMPnRC1EAFimS7KNs4dXs3yrf | Dogecoin - DDeez8PhqRJkGVsu1pTF9SZEWXz3ySke56
solarion

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:22:48 PM

+1

I hold Zeitcoin and will continue to.  However, it's so easy for people to stuff like "Be a part of the evolution/movement etc," but unless you're holding tons of Zeit, then what is the motivation to be a part of it?

The motivation is just a shade under 28% return/year. If the exchange rate rises, as is likely at these low levels, then that's just icing on the cake. This is not now, nor has it ever been, a quick flip coin.
rbizz

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:33:24 PM

+1

I hold Zeitcoin and will continue to.  However, it's so easy for people to stuff like "Be a part of the evolution/movement etc," but unless you're holding tons of Zeit, then what is the motivation to be a part of it?

The motivation is just a shade under 28% return/year. If the exchange rate rises, as is likely at these low levels, then that's just icing on the cake. This is not now, nor has it ever been, a quick flip coin.

Says the guy with billions of coins.  The coin has been fluctuating 25%-50% per day.  Almost an ideal quick flip coin.  LIke I said, I hold and will continue to hold, but I feel like these conversations need to be grounded in reality.
BeholdTheTrueWake

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:53:51 PM

+1

I hold Zeitcoin and will continue to.  However, it's so easy for people to stuff like "Be a part of the evolution/movement etc," but unless you're holding tons of Zeit, then what is the motivation to be a part of it?  If I was holding billions of coins I would want an evolution and a movement to take place too, but the reality is that most people who hold Zeit don't hold enough to inspire them to go out of their way for this coin or any coin. 

If an evolution or movement is going to take place it needs to be driven by the developers or outsourced to someone who has knowledge of Public Relations and Social Media.  Otherwise counting on a community to suddenly to start a movement is a long shot and poor planning.

I think you and I are under different impressions of "evolution & movement". I'm not referring to the price/value that's for sure, nor do I hold "tons" of Zeit. Money is not my real motivation. My motivation is in the the potential uses I see Zeit being used for. I stopped posting here a while back because I felt that those who were new to Zeitcoin just didn't really care about Zeitgeist or even really understand it. All they see is coins and profit, totally missing the point and opportunity to make some noise not only in the crypto world, but working with the Zeitgeist Movement and other groups who challenge the system and help to enlighten the masses. In my opinion, this is not the place for these kind of conversations when every other post is, "why is the price low?", "is coin dead?" etc. Bitcointalk has it's use, but for real discussions on projects, the forum has been a better environment. So if you have any ideas/skills to contribute to the community, I'd like to hear them, please come by http://forum.zeit-coin.com/
solarion

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:35:40 PM

+1

I hold Zeitcoin and will continue to.  However, it's so easy for people to stuff like "Be a part of the evolution/movement etc," but unless you're holding tons of Zeit, then what is the motivation to be a part of it?

Says the guy with billions of coins.  The coin has been fluctuating 25%-50% per day.  Almost an ideal quick flip coin.  LIke I said, I hold and will continue to hold, but I feel like these conversations need to be grounded in reality.

Doesn't matter if you have billions or hundreds. A 28% gain is still 28% of your investment. Ideal quick flip coins have very low floats. There are hundreds of alts that match that description, Zeit is not one of them. There is almost zero volume on Zeitcoin of late, I don't see that you're adding much reality grounding. For a quick flip coin it scores very poorly.
rbizz

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:49:18 PM

+1

I hold Zeitcoin and will continue to.  However, it's so easy for people to stuff like "Be a part of the evolution/movement etc," but unless you're holding tons of Zeit, then what is the motivation to be a part of it?

Says the guy with billions of coins.  The coin has been fluctuating 25%-50% per day.  Almost an ideal quick flip coin.  LIke I said, I hold and will continue to hold, but I feel like these conversations need to be grounded in reality.

Doesn't matter if you have billions or hundreds. A 28% gain is still 28% of your investment. Ideal quick flip coins have very low floats. There are hundreds of alts that match that description, Zeit is not one of them. There is almost zero volume on Zeitcoin of late, I don't see that you're adding much reality grounding. For a quick flip coin it scores very poorly.

Quick flip vs ltc on Cryptsy all day every day.  28% is nothing over a year if you buy at 3  have to sell at 2, then you've gained 28% interest and lost 33% on your investment.  People who say that the price doesn't matter should send me their Zeit and then we will see how dedicated they are to the ideals behind Zeigeist etc once they no longer have any holdings.
solarion

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:21:44 PM

Enjoy your cryptsy flipping. Wink Why would you "have to" sell at 2? The stake reward is irrelevant in your case anyway as your coins are likely going to be on an exchange. Hope it doesn't end badly for you like exchange coin storage has ended badly for so many others. This coin is secured by staked coins in wallets not flippers.
rbizz

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:32:57 PM

Enjoy your cryptsy flipping. Wink Why would you "have to" sell at 2? The stake reward is irrelevant in your case anyway as your coins are likely going to be on an exchange. Hope it doesn't end badly for you like exchange coin storage has ended badly for so many others. This coin is secured by staked coins in wallets not flippers.

I'm personally holding and not flipping, that was in response to another comment. I was just making a point that the 28% over a year doesn't mean anything if the value of the coin continues to drop.
solarion

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:51:47 PM

I'm personally holding and not flipping, that was in response to another comment. I was just making a point that the 28% over a year doesn't mean anything if the value of the coin continues to drop.

Action on mintpal sets the price, cryptsy zeit/ltc pair follows. The exchange rate on mintpal is 3/2 with more buyers than sellers currently at those levels. It appears to me the exchange rate downside is extremely limited and the upside is unlimited. No idea what's going to happen going forward as far as exchange rates go, the stake interest is a sure thing though. I'm focused on things I can predict and control.
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:10:25 PM

Nice to see our "tame" whales in such sparkling form over the last couple of days Grin

(I've had Dutch guests, been showing them the Lake District)

Congrats to the Dev Team for a successful hard-fork to pure PoS, flawless!

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
BeautyMM

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:11:56 PM

I don't believe it.Liar.

Zeit drop down from the high price at the beginning,breaking many people's heart,including me.

Pages: « 1 ... 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: