Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:18:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reason for bitcoin Price Drop?  (Read 6947 times)
rosyantony (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:57:56 AM

What is the reason for the falling value of Bitcoin?  I have already lost some money by holding on to it. Please advise me!
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DavidEdward

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:13:51 AM

There is a chart showing Bitcoin's daily volatility relative to other investments such as oil, gold, stocks, and more. Bitcoin is much more difficult to estimate than other assets. This is good for merchants (until they know what they are doing) but creates many difficulties for long-term investors. This will further undermine the demand for Bitcoin for a large number of investors.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:17:51 AM

Some 4,000,000 Bitcoins were purchased before 2011 when the price was $100 or $200. Also who will buy Bitcoin at $6000 ??
pempek19

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 08:18:25 AM

If you want to survive, that is a choice. I myself have experienced a severe failure from bitcoin. I think that following ico or buying some altcoins that can "replace" the position of bitcoin is an option if you want to survive as a hodler.

Word of Mouth Pro   │▌ https://wmpro.io ▐│
A Blockchain based Reputation and Rating Ecosystem
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:22:36 AM

What is the reason for the falling value of Bitcoin?  I have already lost some money by holding on to it. Please advise me!

The most recent Bitcoin price drop was caused by ETF decision postponement by SEC:
https://coincodex.com/article/2148/sec-postpones-highly-anticipated-bitcoin-etf-decision-crypto-market-plunges/

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:47:35 AM

I think one of the reason is because there are so many panic seller which is we can call them a newbie in crypto world, if anyone could reduce a panic seller I think the problem will solved.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:53:24 AM

The most recent Bitcoin price drop was caused by ETF decision postponement by SEC:
https://coincodex.com/article/2148/sec-postpones-highly-anticipated-bitcoin-etf-decision-crypto-market-plunges/

Ya it is true and this is not new before last year also same think happened when the news came of ETF going to consider and market went up and when they postponed it immediately market corrected, so same thing repeated. And if same thing is going then from september market will move up and within november we can see bitcoin price going above $10k smoothly if the same trend of last year is happening this year also.
koincik

Activity: 868
Merit: 265

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:01:41 AM

Every time we can find new reason of price drop. It is classical. But we can discuss why this are happening. All the time when Bitcoin was rising, something did happen. Don't anyone suspect it why this is happening?

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
oppasong

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:06:25 AM

the bitcoin market is now more likely to go down and if you hold bitcoin, of course you never sell it at the present time because what is gained is not the advantage of competing losses, and the decline of bitcoin now tends to some investors trying to sell bitcoin they have while those who buy bitcoin are not so much so there is no balance between seller and buyer.
Assface16678

Activity: 1372
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:13:10 AM

What is the reason for the falling value of Bitcoin?  I have already lost some money by holding on to it. Please advise me!

Losing may push you to your limit. But the thing is, you need to see it as if it just only a form of hindrance. It does not really have a huge effect. It only means you need to have more patience. With this you will surely get what you have started. Or somewhat received what you have lost. Just wait and see.

Finalfantasy2

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:14:09 AM
Merited by Barbut (1)

I see a lot of "hodl" posts with no reasoning behind it.

Here is mine :

I'm with you as I'm more "afraid" to lose my coins than the fiat I exchanged for it.

If I had to choose, I'd rather have the coins.

Dealing with databases daily, I can't say no to a technology making it obsolete with blockchain.

Yes losing money sucks, but being part of, I believe, what's the next mass adopted tech is just not something I can't say no to.

rajkr

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:21:14 AM

The news are not favoring BTC. Many countries have banned crypto currency ,as well as ETF issue is also negative. So it is not going up.
jlew079

Activity: 144

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:40:06 AM

On day by day, Bitcoin goes down heavily. I think the main affections are these things. Many people are selling them BTC because they are very scared about that market condition. Actually, They are very scared. So many people are selling them own Bitcoins. So bitcoin make a downtrend and its price goes downwards. Another thing is, some bad news is releasing. We know news can be a big effect on the market. I think these are the main reasons why Bitcoin price drop.
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:41:03 AM

What is the reason for the falling value of Bitcoin?  I have already lost some money by holding on to it. Please advise me!
No, you are not losing money as long as you are hodling; this is just a paper loss. What you ought to do is hodl until the price reaches above your buy price and sell from that point onwards. Just remember to not beat yourself up for not maximizing profit with hindsight information, it will drive you nuts.
seanskie18

Activity: 370

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:42:59 AM

They are many reasons why the price of bitcoin will going down. Many people want the price of bitcoin always increasing but there are times that the value of it is low. Maybe the price of it depends on how many people continue supporting on it. It depends of the investors, traders, participants of bitcoin so if the number of investors, traders and participants of bitcoin is decreasing we can assume or expect that it affects the value or price of bitcoin.

LeadHenry

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:57:33 AM

I think the reason Bitcoin prices decrease is that investors are less interested in Bitcoin. The liquidity of electronic currencies has deteriorated, making it easier for the market to be manipulated by the hands of whales, including larger equity investors or hedge funds. The fact that a large number of BTCs are in the hands of these groups makes it possible for them to adjust the direction of the market to their liking.
anushkasachith888

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:02:45 AM

I think whole control of the bitcoin market is in the hand of whales. They decide the direction of the price of bitcoin right now, rest of people. you can say that panic sellers are not interested in bitcoin right now. so whole power is in whales' hand. they manipulate the market as they wish. in addition. EFT rejection also has an impact on the market. If the ETF approval happens market will go to the moon.

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:12:41 AM

I see a lot of "hodl" posts with no reasoning behind it.

Here is mine :

I'm with you as I'm more "afraid" to lose my coins than the fiat I exchanged for it.

If I had to choose, I'd rather have the coins.

Dealing with databases daily, I can't say no to a technology making it obsolete with blockchain.

Yes losing money sucks, but being part of, I believe, what's the next mass adopted tech is just not something I can't say no to.

Do I need to add something more? We can search for reasons behind every drop, reasons for every rise, but its never just one thing. We shouldn`t watch only the price of bitcoin, its constantly moving up and down, but this is the future, bitcoin will be next mass adopted tech and instead complaining about price fluctuations people should relax, use bitcoins for paying, for fun, who is smart will save some for future and we shouldn`t worry.
I think most of posts connected with price and holding bitcoins comes from people who wish fast money, fiat money. They don`t care about bitcoin or anything, they want to cash out. When they don`t make that fast money, when bitcoin drop they start to complain here on forum.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Mofazzal840

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:14:29 AM

Many countries have banned crypto currency in the world. So bitcoin price is not going up. For this few crypto users fear about bitcoin price.  Wink
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:15:31 AM

Sell off to limit your loss before it gets worse. Solid analysis of the actual data shows the downturn is caused by HODL'ers selling - people in here who say "HODL" are probably just looking to sell their own and are trying to convince other not to do so to save their own skin.

The full data showing the HODL'ers are selling can be seen here: https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-price-decline-caused-by-hodlers-unprecedented-30-billion-sell-off-research/
nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:19:20 AM

just hold, the reasons for recent drop is because the etf decisions is postponed until 30 september. I believe in early september we will see the value will recovery, people just stop believing that ETF will get approval cause gemini did rejected in last month, but i'm sure its different case for Vaneck, I hope SEC approve the bitcoin ETF for Vaneck.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:36:51 PM

As I heard the reason for Breaking the price is the postponing of decision about EFT, and this for me means that we will not having a proper price increasing until 2019, until they will actually make that decision.
jayveerastrullo

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:39:21 PM

The main reason for bitcoin price drop is that no one buys bitcoin for 7k. This price is too high compare to last 2 years, so only few are capable to buy it now. Most of the people now are holding their bitcoin and some sells it for a high price, with others can't afford the price.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
First77

Merit: 32

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:13:13 PM

The main reason for bitcoin price drop is that no one buys bitcoin for 7k. This price is too high compare to last 2 years, so only few are capable to buy it now. Most of the people now are holding their bitcoin and some sells it for a high price, with others can't afford the price.

There are more sellers at $6000 and less buyers
Raggie

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:58:12 AM

I think bitcoin value not falling too much. If you compare the value with any other altcoins, btc value is quite stable, not much falling.
Some peoples say the recent falling in crypto market is because ETF related or something like that.
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:08:11 AM

I believe in bitcoin and it's  great power to come up, anytime the price falls. I believe when the current issues are resolved, the price will come up again much stronger than it was. As crypto enthusiasts, we always expect bitcoin to achieve higher heights so blockchain technology is propagated to the world.
sari_

Activity: 230

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:12:53 AM

possible decrease in bitcoin prices. there must be certain intent and purpose, bro. it's just that we don't know what has been planned behind this.
Robert12312

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:29:48 AM

BTC has signal to little recovery but don't know price of BTC will be in comming time. Many technical analysis but almost are wrong, we just wait and keep monitor.
Mia Wallace

Activity: 361

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:45:21 AM

Bitcoins market trend is either bull run or the bear.Mostly there will be two leading groups in the market one will be pulling up and the other is for pulling it down .If there is more sellers in the market the price will be dropping and if the buyers are more its price will be increasing..By understanding  and studying the positive factors of the bitcoin, more people are getting aware of its technological involvement and usefulness of the bitcoin for the daily requirement of the it  world wide.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:48:19 AM

possible decrease in bitcoin prices. there must be certain intent and purpose, bro. it's just that we don't know what has been planned behind this.

There are a lot of reasons why the Bitcoin price is moving either dumping or pumping and the most reason why it is like this is because it is volatile.

Bitcon is a decentralized crypto currency making it a crpyto currency that is so volatile since it is only relying it's price movement to the law of demand of supply, and also in the market.
Nguyen Anh Quan

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:18:58 AM

Capital is being withdrawn from the market
jerick06

Activity: 180
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:47:51 AM

I think one of the reasons of the fall of bitcoin's price is the  regulatory measures that is introduced to japan. The local exchange aggregator, Bitflyer, announced that they won't accept new customers due to the regulations imposed by the Financial Services Agency in Japan.

SCAVO.FARM (https://scavo.farm) SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE
yeniruieni

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:11:39 AM

And I think it is common in the market of crypto as it did in the past year. That Bitcoin down very much and not many people who suspect if at the end of the year Bitcoin can go up very high. And I recommend in the trade must have patience and a long-term trading.
vuhieu1

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:09:02 AM

Everyone is afraid the bitcoin price will decrease, then panic sell...Psychological players.... And the sharks try to make the price...
hh4mmm

Merit: 13

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:15:19 AM

there is nothing you can do, just to me hold and the market will rise again mostly i can't advise you to sell now that is very low so just hold on and then the  market will rise. but if you are afraid of loosing much you can sell off %20 to %40 and hold the rest.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:33:52 AM

While we are busy trying to find out whats the cause of Bitcoins sudden drop to $6,000 USD from $8,000 USD, other risk takers are buying BTC at current price to take advantage of the discounted price of Bitcoin. Speculators are looking at $50,000 USD by end of this year if there would be a repeat of what happened last year. At this point in time, I would rather be a Buyer than an Observer so that when price hits the ceiling again, I have Bitcoins to unload and collect my profits.
Vimukkthi Vithanage

Activity: 331

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:18:46 AM

Can't figure out an exact reason. But as I know the conditions took place in Saudi Arabia affected a lot for the recent decrease. There are lot more reasons according to the experts
Kuga_ZA

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:32:45 AM

Massive market manipulation by financial institutions. They dont want people buying BTC, so they themselves are forcing people to sell out cheap, they buy it up and keep it in storage, never to be sold again. They make money by debt interest, transaction fees etc. Eventually it will come to a point where there will only be limited BTC available, and the price will sky rocket due to its' scarcity. Banks hate BTC, so they are doing everything in their power to lock it all up.
stely

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:43:25 AM

Massive market manipulation by financial institutions. They dont want people buying BTC, so they themselves are forcing people to sell out cheap, they buy it up and keep it in storage, never to be sold again. They make money by debt interest, transaction fees etc. Eventually it will come to a point where there will only be limited BTC available, and the price will sky rocket due to its' scarcity. Banks hate BTC, so they are doing everything in their power to lock it all up.
Because the total Bitcoin market is still relatively small when compared to other industries, it doesn't take significant amounts of money to make the market price fluctuate.The volatility of Bitcoin has consistently been going down and it has become much more stable in recent times.
cryptodreem

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:44:41 PM

Unfortunately this is way of market. And we got stuck into it. I think the recent ETF issues, bans can be the some reasons behind it. But I hope the situation gets changed and the price rises soon
bonballi

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:58:29 PM

I think there are too many newbies are trying to make money with it and doing frequent buying and selling which is causing this volatility and losing of price. They are not willing to hold on for a long time.
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:07:31 PM

It's because that one of the biggest crypto exchange (KuCoin), the office found empty and looks like abandoned office and no activity there.
That's why many people are selling because some are not trust crypto anymore
sabihanazir

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:14:50 PM

I think there are many reason behind bitcoin falling value of bitcoin .Fast of all there are too many people  are trying to make money with it and doing frequent buying and selling which is causing this volatility and losing of price. And If there is more sellers in the market the price will be dropping .
Kasliono

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:17:58 PM

In my opinion, it is because of the people who hold btc are panic and the selling their asset. So, the prices are still going down dramatically. In my suggestion, we have to stay hold togather. Maybe it is a strategy of day trader to make the market panic selling, then they could buy in the deep. After that they pump the price again, then looping
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 01:22:48 PM

I think these are the reasons of the price drop:

1. News - When the SEC said that the ETF will be delayed, many bitcoin holders see this as a FUD and immediately sell their bitcoins that caused the price drop.

2. Manipulation - Although this is no evidence regarding this, I believe that rich people and some institutions are manipulating Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in their own way.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
OrlickThunder

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:41:54 PM

The recent price drop might be due to the rejection of SEC for a bitcoin ETF. Besides, some reports claim that long term investors of btc are selling off their shares of bitcoin. Hence, the price drop. But the strong hands are still holding on to their coins, if coins are being sold, then there’s definitely new hodlers among the buyers.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:58:01 PM

until right now i don't know why the price of bitcoin is going down, i think its because of there are many bad issues in bitcoin that makes bitcoin price is down. or maybe the bad news makes the demand of bitcoin is drop and the stock in the market is high that makes the price of bitcoin is down

Mia_pikachu

Activity: 333
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:06:02 PM

if for some reason, of course I don't know, maybe some people say that because of negative news about bitcoin, in my opinion, for example you don't sell your bitcoin when prices go down, I don't think you will lose your money.
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:07:12 PM

It's because that one of the biggest crypto exchange (KuCoin), the office found empty and looks like abandoned office and no activity there.
That's why many people are selling because some are not trust crypto anymore
You dont lose money just because of holding it. Holding means you're not using it, so why would you lose money? Its just that you're stating that you lose money because the price drops. Just be patient because bitcoin is volatile, so it will increase again later, its just that we dont know when will it going to increase again.
Elips1

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:09:54 PM

I think the reasons falling value of Bitcoin because of the Internal issues within the bitcoin developing community which has previously resulted in hardforks, which is due to lack of governance. And also Media hyping the bearish behaviour of bitcoins leading to crowd speculations.I hope the  market will bounce back .
max1616

Activity: 434
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:12:48 PM

Panic sales are being made because the market is in a downward trend since the beginning of the year..Some people are selling because they fear the price will fall even more..However, it is known that the price is rising at the end of each year..I think this year will also rise.
MalcolmBee

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:15:08 PM

One thing that is worth noting is that this is the 4th time BTC dropped by around 30% in just this previous year, and each time it managed to rise for over 100%. So, this is by no means something that wasn’t to be expected
Phan Long

Merit: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:17:59 PM

I think there are too many Altcoins on the market to do a great deal on Bitcoin. In addition, some countries do not support or prohibit electronic money is also a reason for the price of Bitcoin.
speedy1987

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:34:54 PM

There are lots of reasons why bitcoin is dropping, some intend to post more speculation that bitcoin will end. People are really loosing interest to Bitcoin. That's why the price is going down. But still i have hope. waiting for bull market.
Sofiyah

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:44:10 PM

maybe a lot of panic selling that sells bitcoin when the price goes down, and makes the price of bitcoin decreases. but this often happens, if you don't want to lose, hold your bitcoin until the price rises and reaches the price you want. just calm down, it's only a matter of time, the price of bitcoin will rise. maybe later this year.
aladlanie04

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:47:30 PM

only reason is manipulating bitcoin by whales and little bit selling of panic sellers , whales trying to accumulate more bitcoin cheaply so they try to sell off btc and buying back cheaply more over panic sellers are always there  if they see bitcoin price dips they start to sell off to make market more worse  i feel this is my opinion. But market is currently not stable because a lot of reasons behind from last year . mt.gox sell off some bitcoin , some exchanges are hacked and stolen some crypto currency , a lot of things  fud news happen.
maman09

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:05:37 PM

correction, I think that's the most logical reason.
because there are currently no new rumors that are undermining the market getting red. but I guess you can speculate with a short trade if you have knowledge of it.
anilsaini.jaipur

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:13:36 PM

Yes, the bitcoin prices are dropping day by day and it seems at the moment it is pure manipulation. We can see that it is just pumping and dumping everyday to a certain level and it is limiting its growth.
kangbasir

Activity: 394

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:14:14 PM

According to him there are parties who intentionally or who do not like bitcoin by making negative news to drop market prices, requests and offers.
solnce010515

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:20:32 PM

There is very simple answer...bitcoin is a virtual currency, there is no any law... so bitcoin is very dependent on news and people's opinions
Farma
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1001

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:29:49 PM

There is very simple answer...bitcoin is a virtual currency, there is no any law... so bitcoin is very dependent on news and people's opinions
so many reasons why bitcoin prices drop. starting from ETFs, until what happened recently, namely the official arabic legalization of bitcoin in their country. Well, I think that is the trigger for the decline in bitcoin prices. but I'm sure there will be good news that makes the price rise.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
alex.ac.ab

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:17:36 PM

You should understand that bitcoin is not stable yet and expect only a recovery from it  this is the biggest mistake.
Claudyah

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:39:31 PM

Maybe I think the cause of the market price is falling and continues to fall due to some investors who want to manipulate prices and reduce it, eventually the other investors panic about it because they are afraid of their assets for no further loss.
My advice is that we keep holding it, do not follow what is happening now, sure all investors want the price to rise again, therefore we as investors stand with the unfavorable situation right now
ABMARK

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:04:17 PM

People have raised the value of BTC too high just to make quick money in previous year. As value went up, people lose their interest to buy bitcoin. Because of this there is now less demand which is causing price drop.
doch

Activity: 371

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:11:38 PM

The market  is quite stable now but from some weeks the market prices were very low and for this price fall many internal issues can be involved but whatever the reason or situation is the fact is nothing will stay long in this place
Yes that is right, but i think that the situation is now getting change. bitcoin price has now started increasing, currently bitcoin price is trading above 6400$ and still it continue to increase. hopefully bitcoin price will very good reach back to 20000$ because still people want to invest their money in bitcoin for getting some profit.
chulos

Activity: 268

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:13:44 PM

Reasons why bitcoin has fallen is a lot, but no one can say exactly why. When there is good news, everyone expects to raise prices and vice versa. The bitcoin price is based on good and bad news from the world /adoption of bitcoin by a country, institution permit, and the like/. As far as i noticed, it is so. I do not know exactly what the price you bought bitcoin because you did not write it, but do not worry about the price of bitcoin growing, it just wants patience and strong nerves. If you need urgent money so sell an part and leave the rest in bitcoin.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:34:32 PM

so many reasons why bitcoin prices drop. starting from ETFs, until what happened recently, namely the official arabic legalization of bitcoin in their country. Well, I think that is the trigger for the decline in bitcoin prices. but I'm sure there will be good news that makes the price rise.
News is a big factor in cryptoworld because everyone believes on it even if its a fake news. We can’t say specific reason why the price dumps but hopefully we can start now to rise again since its almost a month now of a dump market.
cryptotezi

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:50:53 AM

There is no perticular reason for the drop I think. Just dont sell the bitcoins now and have patience. The price will rise for sure and I would say that buy more now if you can. You'll be benefited after the recovery quickly just mark my words.
zinson01

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 11:10:51 AM

When the demand goes high for any asset, the price for that particular asset increases. But in times when people get to realize how much it truly worth that’s what affects the price. The price of BTC is not determined yet.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:37:30 AM

Some 4,000,000 Bitcoins were purchased before 2011 when the price was $100 or $200. Also who will buy Bitcoin at $6000 ??
Many will buy bitcoin at $6000 because some people believe the price would not go any lower. On the other hand, I believe that they would not affect the price that much. Only big whales are in control of the price and they can manipulate it as they want. Added to that, the reason as to why it has dropped was due to many connected reasons starting from the big whales which I mentioned above, the media which always talks about bitcoin in a negative way so it makes people fear, then they sell.
GreotDollyce

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:06:26 PM

The price of the bitcoin is dropping now which is a very bad news for the users. The price is falling because of the investors, traders, users. Number of parties when decreased at that moment price also dropped. So, we have just to wait now!
GreotDollyce

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:52:17 PM

Yes, bitcoin price is falling. This mostly depends on the participants, traders or investors related with the btc trading. Many people are losing their interest as well as the number is also decreasing. That’s why the value of the price is also decreasing. So, let’s just wait and see what happens!
icxC

Activity: 239

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:33:36 PM

It is true that the price of BTC is dropping. Well, the price drop depends on the readers, investors, participants of bitcoin, as they are decreasing in number it is affecting the price value of BTC as well. Also may people are selling them because of being afraid about the market condition. So now just wait and see what happens!
ListingOnly561

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:18:19 PM

Many people are getting scare and panic. And due to this they are selling their coins. I think this is the main reason for fall of the price.
RadiontLoss

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:30:34 PM

In my opinion there are lot of panic seller in this crypto world. We can call them newbie in this crypto world. I think a proper step can make them positive otherwise its create problem in future. The most important thing is the price is already stable and soon it will increase.
ListingOnly561

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:31:09 PM

The whales are controlling the market now. They are manipulating people. ETF is also rejected which brings an negative impact in the market.
MetaPhorse007

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:40:46 PM

I think bitcoin price fall some the reason, one of the reason is EFT. Because of EFT many panic investor lose the interest. They have no basic knowledge about this market so they sale their coin that’s why price fall. But now the price gain again.
OffGrid54

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:45:31 PM

Lot of news is spreading and people do panic. Some of the news is fake and false. But still they are manipulating the new investors. New people are not investing and newbies are selling their coin. For these things price goes down.
InfiniteBlock560

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:00:16 PM

As we all know crypto field is very volatile. It is actually quite hard to determine the exact reason due to which BTC is decreasing. Personally I think FOMO bears a negative impact to crypto user and making them demotivate in investment.
Emence

Activity: 269

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:00:38 PM

bitcoin is a part of crypto market. and in a market price up and down is natural thing. there maybe have many reason for falling down the price. but i think we should take it positively
Crt01

Activity: 214

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:32:22 PM

i think it is because of some newcomers. without understanding the market they sell their coin mistakenly. maybe this is the reason.
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:54:45 PM

If you lost some of your money I suggest to yoy to hold your bitcoin. Because if you sell that you will not get back your capital and you did not earn moneyn. But if you are willing to wait probably that you earn money.
GoldOrBTC

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:30:40 AM

Still  I am confused about the reason of droping market price of bitcoin. I am not  able to find any specific point which i can blame for this.
overst

Activity: 226

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:12:43 AM

Specific one reason is not avaiable for this drop I hope. There many reason for this current dropping but still all reason's aren't define.
EveningRock

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:45:38 AM

we all know prices are depends on the demand and supply position of the market. For this reason can say may be bitcoins demand decrease that’s why its price also decreases.
TungayETH

Activity: 201

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:11:38 AM

It's hard to blame something specificly  for droping bitcoin price. There are many factor are behind this.
alinalovedoogie

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:13:13 AM

Bitcoin is facing a tough time the price is falling continuously . There are many reason works behind the price drop the interest of investor may be reducing it is a reason for price drop ,there are some risk and supply is also reason for price drop.
butterfly8226

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:41:40 AM

Pump and dump is inevitable in the cryptocurrency market. As the cryptocurrency market is decentralized, you can never know the real cause of drop of price of Bitcoin. But if you have faith on it, you should always hodl your coins.
MoneyCryptor520

Activity: 257

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:33:18 PM

The current reason for the BTC price drop was due to the ETF news from the SEC which caused a huge panic among the investors in the market.
blockchain09

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:10:14 PM

When people have been waiting for a long time and suddenly the value of bitcoin drops make them panic and sell their coins, this causes a chain reaction to others and what we have is the worth of bitcoin falls significantly.
lelylely

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:49:17 PM

The market is too bad and people cannot hold their worries so they sell low which makes market prices lower. Right now it's a concern, but be patient and don't let you lose because you are selling low, because the market will be healthy again. The market is very risky, be patient to avoid risk.

hasimkamal

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:39:03 PM

There is no certain reasons for bitcoin price fall or rising. One reason is certain there are a lot of topics involved with this. Besides, the usual situation of Bitcoin or cryptococoncy is an unstable price system.
crypto-bit456

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:29:51 PM

There could be a lot of reasons associated with the price drop, but the major one would be the way people reacted unnecessarily to the ETF's news.
GreotDollyce

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:35:52 PM

Although the character of the crypto market is similar to that, but there are many artificial reasons which are controlled by investors and various other issues. But I think this kind of problem will be solved at a particular time.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:40:47 PM

Probably the biggest reason is the whales trying to make double money on price drop. They gather bitcoin when its low, they purchase shorts and bet on bitcoin going down or staying down and than if the price starts to go up, they sell their bitcoins which causes a wave effect and price drops again, they get more on the dip and make more on short futures from the betting on low price of bitcoin. That way they both win on the short futures they just wagered and make money on selling high so bitcoin price doesn't go down. Its a win-win situation for anyone with some money in their bank accounts.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:02:14 AM

Probably the biggest reason is the whales trying to make double money on price drop. They gather bitcoin when its low, they purchase shorts and bet on bitcoin going down or staying down and than if the price starts to go up, they sell their bitcoins which causes a wave effect and price drops again, they get more on the dip and make more on short futures from the betting on low price of bitcoin. That way they both win on the short futures they just wagered and make money on selling high so bitcoin price doesn't go down. Its a win-win situation for anyone with some money in their bank accounts.

I guess the situation was a matter of perspective in etheir ways we could earn sustainable profit. The whales isn't yet taking over, because as previous experiences I had last year the biggest investors doesn't play day tradings. Most of them had a memorable buying moments and bought all bitcoin at reasonable bids, that boosted btc price into very much higher value. Eventually many people got benefited with the opportunity they've given to us, but sadly some other holder didn't feel the rewarding scenario. They choose to hold even though the signs was at lower trend, so most of the newbies in trading were panicked.
onebtcforlife

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:03:07 AM

There are many factors the price of bitcoin is decreasing because with the recent increased in the price of Bitcoin. Most of the whales are controlling the market in order to buy the bitcoin at lower prices. Even negative news about ETF is also affecting the price of Bitcoin.
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:36:55 PM

There are many factors the price of bitcoin is decreasing because with the recent increased in the price of Bitcoin. Most of the whales are controlling the market in order to buy the bitcoin at lower prices. Even negative news about ETF is also affecting the price of Bitcoin.
Indeed so many factors affecting of this bitcoin price. So many reasons but eventually price can climb again. Also, when people in panic sell it contributes to the price of dump so better to hold during this time.
Keyboard PC

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:41:03 PM

usually the condition of the falling bitcoin price might occur due to bad news and happened because of the government politics and prohibitions that spread in several national media which eventually made a lot of traders panic and sell their coin prices at very cheap prices.
chuyengia2244

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:42:27 PM

It has a lot of reasons and maybe no reason at all. Bitcoin is in the market and no one can say it clearly, you have lost a lot of money and think about why? But why does bitcoin have to go up? Grin
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:37:04 AM

The reason for falling bitcoin price is People sell their coins at stage when red market seen , some People want to save their existing funds .
Think when price was 20k$ And price going down to 16K$ A person sold all milion $ At that  time save their Fiat currency from drop. He lose all interset from crypto.

Results - It depend on Popularity , Media support on bitcoin , network fees , Various services of bitcoin And many other facts. Media will always speak negtive. One day media says its postive sure new investors will come with lots of investment
MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:42:47 AM

The truth is there are no more new investors coming in and a lot of traders are just sucking all the money that is left in the coinmarketcap by doing daytrading. HODL is dead and they are just waiting for the lowest price of bitcoin to drop before they all start buying again.
superstarbtc

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 08:43:15 AM

The main reason for the bitcoin price drop is Etf approvals and bitcoin sv hard fork and mining uncertainty all these reason lead to bitcoin bear market
tisoysoy
Copper Member

Activity: 362

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 03:21:47 PM

I think the culprit to put on blame by dropping the market of bitcoin are those big whales and I believed they also perhaps might could help the market to recover it soon. Since the market its till low and if you have still have fatih on bitcoin why dont you invest more on it, to cover up all your losses from the past when it will going to rise again to its market value.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 08:57:55 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2019, 02:32:42 AM by bitcoin31

I lost also my money because Im still holding bitcoin and my hope still in there. If you want to esrn money you need to give your trust to bitcoin so we can do again to up the value. Price now maybe not good for you but maybe it will become 10 times more if people become united to buy and homd their bitcoin.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 09:38:03 AM

I lost also my money because Im still holding bitcoin and my hope still in there.

You haven't lost your money if you are holding.
You have a lottery ticket with a high possibility of big winnings.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
superstarbtc

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 12:01:02 PM

The main reason for the Bitcoin price drop is Etfs and hard fork and mining difficulty all these reason resulted to bitcoin drop hoping for recovery in second quarter  of 2019
joshv06

Activity: 991

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:05:05 PM

The main reason for the Bitcoin price drop is Etfs and hard fork and mining difficulty all these reason resulted to bitcoin drop hoping for recovery in second quarter  of 2019

Yes the major reason behind is Hard fork and mining difficulty making the price drop of btc and also there are no new people investing on bitcoin and lot of people are withdrawing there amount from bitcoin in panic and in fear of loss makes more price drop to the market. We want investors to believe and be confident on crypto market and hodl the coins in wallet in order to achieve increase in the price of bitcoin.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
shursight

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 08:33:58 AM

All what i am seeing is that you do not have a clue of what is really happening.

A drop related to ETF's? Hard Fork? Wow man, you seem to be very outdated, those topics are already old in here. Etf's are no longer affecting bitcoin price because there is not a good consistence on the price at the moment.

Take a look at the volume over the major bitcoin / fiat pairs on the most famous exchanges, the news are not affecting the price by the way that it used to happen before. (late 2016 - 2017)

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 10:33:06 AM

All what i am seeing is that you do not have a clue of what is really happening.

A drop related to ETF's? Hard Fork? Wow man, you seem to be very outdated, those topics are already old in here. Etf's are no longer affecting bitcoin price because there is not a good consistence on the price at the moment.

Take a look at the volume over the major bitcoin / fiat pairs on the most famous exchanges, the news are not affecting the price by the way that it used to happen before. (late 2016 - 2017)

maybe you are the one that is outdated .bitcoin etf is not yet approved and thats the maine reason on why theres no significant price movements  . other one is the news . news nowdays are purely hoax and dont have a solid evidence to back thier statement thats why people dont believe on it and that why thers no changes in the value's of cryptos  .

The main reason for the Bitcoin price drop is Etfs and hard fork and mining difficulty all these reason resulted to bitcoin drop hoping for recovery in second quarter  of 2019

as i said earlier  , theres no etf that happen yet  and theres no also hardfork for btc  .  the rumored fork last month is from eth although that also didnt happened because they postponed it  . mining isnt also difficult but actually it becomes easier because many miners are now resigning as their  job are not really profitable  anymore .
idham29

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 07:16:01 AM

the bitcoin market is now more likely to go down and if you hold bitcoin, of course you never sell it at the present time because what is gained is not the advantage of competing losses, and the decline of bitcoin now tends to some investors trying to sell bitcoin they have while those who buy bitcoin are not so much so there is no balance between seller and buyer.
The reason for the decline in bitcoin prices is due to pressure from various parties such as negative campaigns about bitcoin, or government policies from several countries that do not allow use in their countries.
In addition, there are fears that bitcoin will continue to fall after experiencing high prices in 2017, so that more bitcoin owners sell than those who buy.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: