Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:23:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You want the bear market to stop? Here are some things you can do :)  (Read 964 times)
larkscrypto

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:55:09 PM

I think Bitcoin's success is his acceptability. Most people around the world now believe in Bitcoin that means that it is not worth the price, in faith.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DanielJacob

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:34:26 PM

That's a useful post. Yes, I completely agree with you. To end this bearish market, we need to stop getting panicked and try to focus on hodling our coins. We need to use Bitcoin more and try to help it to get more exposure.
kingofhell9008

Activity: 383

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:39:55 PM

Yeah, you're right. Where is the price of Bitcoin, how much has been increased, how much has been reduced it doesn't matter but the fact that how people are accepting it and how much the acceptability has increased. In that case, Bitcoin is quite successful.
nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:47:05 PM

Many people are speculating if we're already reached the bottom of the bear market.

The truth is - that's not important. If we go up now from a strong $6000 base, or if we fall down to $3000 or even lower - that's peanuts. For sustainable growth, it doesn't matter.

What's important is that Bitcoin must become stronger as an ecosystem. You're fearing speculation and manipulation? The more Bitcoin gets used, the less influence the "big whales" will have. And you, the Bitcoin user - beginner, average Joe or advanced crypto geek - can do a lot for that.  Wink

Here are some examples:

• The most important of all: USE Bitcoin. If there are services you regularly use and there is a business offering it for Bitcoin for a reasonable price: Give it a chance! Lists/portals with some options are here, here, and here. Or directly use a decentralized marketplace like OpenBazaar.
  • Are you a freelancer or own a business? Accept Bitcoin for at least some of your work. Each good or service offered for Bitcoin can be seen as a buy order. So you're adding demand for Bitcoin without having to risk money (only perhaps some work, if you're really unlucky). You could increase your revenue offering Bitcoin-only promotions/specials - then maybe you could even convince some stubborn hodlers.
  • Even better: Try to offer a stable, guaranteed Bitcoin price for at least a day. That can bring even more stability into the market.
  • Or accept Lightning for micropayments, at least for a limited volume per day.
  • Are you employed, but your boss is open-minded and a geek? Offer him to pay a part of your salary in Bitcoin. (I would not take my whole salary, it's still too unstable, above all if you have a family.)
  • Do remittances directly with Bitcoin or with Bitcoin-accepting services.
  • Lightning: Help with beta-testing! Lightning is one of the most interesting technologies if we want to see mass adoption. The more users testing and finally using it, the better!
  • Test and discuss alternative scaling solutions, like sidechains or similar concepts.
  • Become a Bitcoin/blockchain developer. The Core client may be a bit difficult to start with, but there are a lot of services that already are waiting for someone to write and/or improve it. The more devs, the better.
  • If you have an idea how to improve usability, then propose and discuss it! If you're a developer, try at least a proof of concept. Or simply implement it Wink. Bitcoin is an open source project, so you can do literally what you want with the protocol! (Added 8-16)

That's only a small list of some examples. Please add more in the discussion!

The more people realize that Bitcoin doesn't "grow" by magic, but by human contributions, the more stability and sustainability we'll achieve. And you don't have to be the new Satoshi to help. Just pay your pizza with BTC, for example. Wink

I perfectly support your assertion. For bitcoin to be able to stand against manipulations and hence fear of losing investment; the best thing is to encourage maximum use and to make it a stronger ecosystem. This would make bitcoin practically impossible to be manipulated by the so called "Big whales".
MatthewNaccarato

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:47:53 PM

It will be a great thing if the online business owners start accepting payments in crypto currencies. This might help the market too.
GreenHarbor57

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:06:36 PM

BTC will not go up if we just HODL only, we need to invest it too, treat it like a currency to make ti go up.
GalacticSight909

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:25:32 PM

We do need to invest in the coins too. HOLDing them will not do and it is not enough to make the market hit the bull run again.
cryptorampage963

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:34:34 PM

Many big company like tesla are recently agree to accept bitcoin for payment but still there are some complication to payment with BTC in local market because it's more fluctuated.
Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:48:27 AM

Yes, using bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies with a large scale will pump the value in the market because everyone wants to buy it.
The supply and demand law plays well here. If you want to end the bear market, you will need to spread more words about cryptocurrency.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
kolsernik

Activity: 722
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:45:17 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2018, 11:03:04 PM by kolsernik

You are right. Bitcoin today has such a price and popularity thanks to people who believe in its future. In the crypto-currency community, one should be guided by the rule,, if not I who then,, A large number of ICO startups already now need a blockchain of developers. I think this is the most demanded work for the near future.
coinages

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:54:28 PM

I am a freelancher and most of the time I accept bitcoin as my payment and that's make me pleasure and also the sender felt happy because they not need to pay transaction fee. But if I want buy a cup of coffee from any street shop that's still not possible to pay by BTC.
Champeon

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:17:16 PM

Still there many restriction to buy anything by BTC. But there are many group and company they help people to buy anything by BTC. But hope in future we can buy anything directky by BTC.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:28:39 PM

You are right. Bitcoin today has such a price and popularity thanks to people who believe in its future. In the crypto-currency community, one should be guided by the rule,, if not I who then,, A large number of ICO startups already now need a blockchain of developers. I think this is the most demanded work for the near future.

There's not a whole lot of substance behind all this 'blockchain' stuff. Bitcoin is great and useful. But there's often no justification for using a blockchain in many of these projects. It's just a buzzword used by people trying to cash in.
Lizzyflower

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:58:08 PM

I agree with you, the more mass adoption we get on the bitcoin ecosystem, the less the whales are able to manipulate the price. And the call begins with us.
thankyoulord

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 08:14:46 PM

nice one and i strongly agree with you. we all need to come together and do these things you listed down so as to help stop this bear market. bitcoin has so much to offer but it needs the effort of all to achieve all the amazing potentials it has. i believe if we do all listed, we will see the growth of bitcoin in the coming months.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
easycoin995

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:55:37 PM

This can be work good for stop the bear market I do this and it is worked.Bitcoin can be very helpful for any one who wants to work for it. We can work for it.
CoinsGazer

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:16:23 AM

I basically agree with you! In addition to the examples you mentioned above! I still want to add a little! That is the use of Bitcoin ATMs.
As there are 3,503 bitcoin ATMs across the globe, and 99.9% support Bitcoin, if we sell and buy bitcoin in ATMs, it will show the circulation and demand of bitcoin.
Goicerouth63

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:25:11 AM

sure i recognize what you suggest. in case you need the market bull run, shall we use bitcoin more. If many peoples the usage of bitcoin, then the needs of bitcoin might be boom. while the demands increase, the fee will increase as well. The cryptocurrency market want extra real users in their day by day.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:57:40 AM

Much motivating and guiding post.
I agree that if more and more members here start trading in bitcoin while making payments / receipts transactions; it's demand will automatically increase.  And as a result the price will not fall in case it is still unable to go up.  
So bear trend can be checked by just involvement of the masses.

BitGunner

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 12:00:33 PM

I think that it will stop in the nearest future. I am not sure as I am not an expert but it seems to me that this will happen soon. As I know the intuition never lets me down and you should believe in this too
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: