Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:37:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paying Bounty With TOKEN or ETH which will be better?  (Read 2458 times)
ndico

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:40:01 PM

Your suggestion is a good idea but paying bounty hunters might be kind of hard for the bounty company because the money used raised during the ICO is project development, so i think a better idea is buying back some tokens when the price drop below ICO prices

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BabatundeM

Activity: 317

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:49:18 PM

I really buy this suggestion of your because it is a good one especially from the perspective of bounty hunters but come to think of it do you think ICO team will buy this idea. Although it is also beneficial to them because it will reduce the rate which the coin will dump but will they be willing to buy eth,btc or any other top coin to pay bounty hunters out of the money the raise?
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:59:23 PM

If bounty reward tokens will be paid in ETH, it would not be a problem anymore for the gas up during the trading of your coin. I am favorable to have that kind of suggestion. However, I think this may not be favorable for the ICO and fir enough for them since they do have their own tokens for the bounty hunters that would prefer to hold the ICO token for a longer time.
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 11:22:40 PM

Even though payment using ETH for bounty participants is very good because ETH coins already have a clear value and we can also see how much each week we get but there are weaknesses if we only get ETH because it will be very satisfied if I get paid from the project token because we can continue to monitor the progress of the project and do promotions we will continue to do so while holding tokens, it's different if we only get paid using ETH, of course after the ICO is finished then we leave the project regardless of whether it will develop or not because we don't hold the token.
gulagguh

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:33:50 PM

Often time people ask why are token prices always go lower than ICO price on their first day of entering exchange? and the question seems to be difficult to answer.

I did some knowledge storm and I arrived at this;

1. Bounty hunters always want to dump and get out as soon as possible

2. The market in general might be far lower than the way it was during the ICO period

3. People sense something Fishy in the project and the want go out.

But among the three mentioned above, there are projects that are good and the market price is only have little difference from ICO period yet the token drop even 10X below ICO price.

Now the QUESTION is what could be the curse? and what is the Solution
There are two major reasons that may cause this; 1. Bounty/Airdrop hunters and 2. Newbies who only heard that crypto investment yield interest.

SOLUTION
My solution here might not be right but this is how I see it.
1. Pay Bounty/Airdrop hunters with ETH, BTC or any Popular Coin thats already trading in the market
2. Buy Back some initial dumpers, which will make almost everyone else not to dump any more

Anyone who knows a better way can tell us here!

good solution, but sometimes using ETH or BTC as payment in bounty hunter reward is not good when the price of bitcoin and altcoins goes up, at this time payment with tokens will be better, but above all, I support payment with ETH or BTC
lsafronova095

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:35:33 PM

As it seems to me everything is banal and simple, people are afraid that the coin will fall much down and therefore sells at a price slightly higher than indicated on the ICO/ I understand investors, but I do not understand bounty hunters. Why sell coins all and lower the price to the floor.
nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:36:58 PM

In my own opinion, I think bear market has contributed to why many ICO's goes below the ICO prices, bounty is not really the main cause why ICO tokens goes below their ICO price, early this year many project distributes huge bounty reward and still the price still makes some good X return, So for me i prefer been paid in bounty tokens, only thing i want is for the market to normalize

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
adarwis

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:47:37 PM

I think if only the profit with that range can be done in short-term trading, I think it's only a small profit, I have gotten more than that with long-term trading, all that can be done if we know the coin price development chart
Wiwendefak

Activity: 350
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:49:25 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2018, 02:37:17 AM by Wiwendefak

I think ETH payment will be better. Investors who think bounty hunters are guilt for the token price dump they will realize the real thing. And bounty hunters will be happy to get direct Ethereum. Investors are happy, bounty hunters are happy. So, I think bounty payment should be in Ethereum. But every ICO doesn't make success, so if they pay in ETH and if they can't make ICO success, then that will be not good. Only a project, that can be success, they should pay bounty hunters in ETH.
Awoben

Activity: 236
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:59:37 PM

Both option are good,  but will prefer to be paid in tokens if the project is a good one,  you stand to get more profit from tokens, but great patience is really needed, because it might take some time before the the price moon.

In my own opinion, I think bear market has contributed to why many ICO's goes below the ICO prices, bounty is not really the main cause why ICO tokens goes below their ICO price, early this year many project distributes huge bounty reward and still the price still makes some good X return, So for me i prefer been paid in bounty tokens, only thing i want is for the market to normalize

You are right, once we a have a bullish market, we will start to see the advantage of holding tokens from bounties
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:02:33 AM

As it seems to me everything is banal and simple, people are afraid that the coin will fall much down and therefore sells at a price slightly higher than indicated on the ICO/ I understand investors, but I do not understand bounty hunters. Why sell coins all and lower the price to the floor.
In the bounty hunters' perspective, I'm pretty sure that the majority want a payment in terms of eth (or any much stable and popular coin in the market) simply because getting profits from tokens is very time consuming, you need to wait for its appearance in the exchange and also wait for its pump before dumping. Another one, eth could be much profitable for them since the price of ICO token may drastically fall down right after getting listed in the exchange.

On the devs side, I think this kind of payment set up is very hard to attain because of lack of funds. What would you expect to an ICO program under development? Grin That's the reason why they offer their own coin as a payment. And besides, if they don't push bounty hunters to use their own coin then who will become responsible for creating the hype? No one or only few at least which will probably result to failure.
Yaddady

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:11:02 AM

From a bounty hunter's perspective, I think it's the best way to get paid. BTC and ETH are more established coins and I would rather their value drop on me after payment, the tokens of an ICO. This is because there is hope for either coins (BTC or ETH) to rise faster than tokens from an ICO.
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:22:10 AM

Paying bounty with token is a more logical move as they are basically free advertising since the said tokens have no liquidity yet. Paying eth on the other hand has a lot of liquidity so it could be used for the development of the project anytime.
hoavantathan

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:27:21 AM

I think Paying Bounty With ITS TOKENS is better. Tokens are the coins which are used in their ecosystem. They fit their platform. When i invest into a project, i believe in the vision of it. Profit from that is not the main reason i invest.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:17:24 AM

Often time people ask why are token prices always go lower than ICO price on their first day of entering exchange? and the question seems to be difficult to answer.

2. The market in general might be far lower than the way it was during the ICO period

But among the three mentioned above, there are projects that are good and the market price is only have little difference from ICO period yet the token drop even 10X below ICO price.

There are two major reasons that may cause this; 1. Bounty/Airdrop hunters and 2. Newbies who only heard that crypto investment yield interest.

SOLUTION
1. Pay Bounty/Airdrop hunters with ETH, BTC or any Popular Coin thats already trading in the market
2. Buy Back some initial dumpers, which will make almost everyone else not to dump any more

The first solution will not work at all since the bounty hunters receive a very low amount of tokens and many of them do not sell at the first opportunity they got, and for the second option you give I need a clarification, do you mean the developers are the ones that need to buy those tokens? Because if that is the case that is unethical, the money raised through the ico is for the development of the project not to speculate with the coins.
lang shao

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:29:50 AM

SOLUTION

Must prefer for ethereum payment compare to token. Ethereum already a stablish coin which you can trust, while token is theres a possibility that it will dump or will become zero value coin. So infavor of ethereum as now.
becak mesin

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:31:18 AM

I personally think that ETH is better than token because when I want to convert it to my fiat, I can directly convert or selling it. ETH is simpler transaction than token. In addition, sometimes some tokes have no good price on the market, based on the ICO. While ETH is has strong value and price on the market, the  percentages of ETH is the highest than other coin even BTC. Therefore, it would be betterpaying with ETH  can be easier to develop anytime.   

Crypto-Court
Universal Cryptocurrency Platform
https://cryptocourt.online/
vallydelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:22:31 PM

Paying bounty hunters with eth or any other tokens would really be a good idea, but it will be possible for some ICO, so the suggestion I will go with, is buying back the tokens as it dumpers and selling it again when it highs.
Yeahnoh

Activity: 127
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:27:20 PM

I think getting paid in ethereum or even fiat could be way better for the bounty hunters, it may help them secure their rewards, I mean, they won't be chained to the volatility of that particular token, at the same time, bounty campaigns could loose their utility, because they exist to make promotion to the project while distributing their tokens at the same time.

💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰 [ STEALTH PROJECT ] ANONYMOUS BROWSER AND CRYPTO WALLET WITH COIN MIXER 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰
http://stealthwallet.pro
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:46:42 PM

If they implement this, I'd Rather choose this than those unsure coins that they paying us off. anyway i have more than a dozen of shit coins in my wallet that cannot be sold because there is no exchanges that will buy it even in ether and fork delta. even if they pay a little bit than usual. I'll really join campaigns that pays BTC or ETH because we can make it sure that way that we will getting a profit from our hard work.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀