Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 09:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paying Bounty With TOKEN or ETH which will be better?  (Read 2458 times)
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:55:43 AM

This is a good idea and one that I think all bounty hunters will welcome but I doubt if this can be taken by the project developers or owners as they usually do not want to share a part of the Bitcoin or Eth they got from token buyers. And with no one forcing them to do this option, this is just an idea that nobody will care to listen. In fact, I am predicting that soon a time will come when ICO projects will not anymore be holding the bounty promotion as they are spending on ads anyway so the benefit ratio is not anymore looking good.
campusnet

Activity: 481
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:06:01 AM

all being well, but if there are any bounty paid by eth is sure it will be very crowded. and I am sure it will be a nice bounty project in the future because it dared to pay the participants with the eth.

Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:08:30 AM

If the project is a good one, then it is always better to pay the reward in ETH. Because the bounty hunters are after money and they don't see any merits in holding the coins for the long term. Else, you can give the bounty hunters a choice, of receiving the rewards in ETH or tokens.
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:19:14 AM

For me ! it is better to pay the bounty participants the ICO's tokens instead of Ethereum. Bounty hunters can help a community to grow and once they received their rewards, they will trade it. once they trade their tokens, it can help the ICO to promote their projects to the public audience and paying Ethereum to them is not advisable from most bounties.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
sergiokkl

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 05:24:17 AM

Yes, paying in btc or eth is more professional way of transaction. Project will avoided future crash on price due to massive selling of the bounty token. Unfortunately not all team have funds for it. therefore they live an ICO sale to get money for the development. Best campaign are the bounty from known project out here and already have funds, so what ever happen to the ICO is not a big failure.

mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:44:26 AM

I hope there will be option to choose for the hunter before the  distribution of payment just like in a bounty that I participated a long time ago. They ask their bounty participants to fill up a form and choose between receiving ETH or bounty tokens as a form of payment. So some of us choose to receive ETH payment and while the others receive bounty tokens.
Linh841

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:52:22 AM

Personally I would prefer bounty rewards in ethereum or bitcoin. Some of this projects take too long to come into exchanges.
Yes, personally, we should do bounty as a game, if it go to exchange but it didn't pay us on time, we cannot do anything. I know many people do bounty as a job, so it's not a good choice.
ostsee77

Merit: 258

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:57:07 AM

if we get paid with ethereum you know exactly what we get as Bounty. If we get bounty tokens we can lose 80% or 100% if the project is not good. but we can also win 2000% with the bounty tokens. This year almost all Bounty Tokens have fallen up to - 60% to - 90%. There are very very few that have risen in price.
karloscimot

Merit: 14

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 05:58:42 AM

if I think it's better to use Etherium bro. because it's easier for us to invest with other crypto. and there aren't many transactions, so it's more cost-effective and easy for beginners

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
ostsee77

Merit: 258

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:01:53 AM

I hope there will be option to choose for the hunter before the  distribution of payment just like in a bounty that I participated a long time ago. They ask their bounty participants to fill up a form and choose between receiving ETH or bounty tokens as a form of payment. So some of us choose to receive ETH payment and while the others receive bounty tokens.

that's a very good idea. i would like that too. then every bounty participant can decide for himself what he will get after the ICO end. But I know today no ico where you can choose it ! but it would be nice if it happens in the future like this
localcrypto

Activity: 287

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:08:51 AM

paying bounties with etherum is tricky thing for ico companies the reason is ico companies collect eth for coin development they cant simply share for advertising which will return effort the coin development
Abu Shadow

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:09:17 PM

I think the 2% max of the total token that goes to the bounty hunter will not hurt the token price at the exchanges if it's a good project with real product that can be huge in the future. Investors are the reasons of the price dumps not the bounty hunters.
I will prefer a token for the reward on the bounty as this can help me if I hold my token longer and wait for the best price.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
xPASTELx

Activity: 191
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:17:55 PM

Obviously paying the bounties in eth will be better for the bounty hunters but they are not going to do that. Reasons being that the coin creators do not actually have the money that they are offering us for the bounties. They are relying on the fact that they have coins and when their coin gets listed then the coin will be worth something to us.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Starts:December 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)[/center
Aggioni

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:49:08 PM

I would prefer to get bounty payments in Ethereum but i think it's impossible because projects want to become more popular and well-known, so they want to give their tokens to many people.
ecmnesiacrypto

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:02:38 AM

Paying the bounty with etherum or token will be an interesting discussion. I believe most would prefer if they were paid with ethereum. Because it is paid with ethereum, it will be more profitable for the bounty. But some may prefer to be paid using tokens.
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 05:49:10 AM

You forgot also to mention the big investors that are playing with the prices of the exchange. In comparing the token allocation of the bounty/airdrop, compared to the big bonuses of the big investors, clearly the big investors dominates. This players tend to dump the tokens fast.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
StevenPop

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:02:55 PM

I think that being paid in ETH rather than in tokens are a better option, but I doubt the possibility of this happening. A lot of bounty hunters are advocating for payment in ETH because they believe that it is a more reliable payment option, but this cannot be made possible cos it will defeat the course of bounty campaigns as the primary reason is to promote these tokens.
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:07:31 PM

SOLUTION
My solution here might not be right but this is how I see it.
1. Pay Bounty/Airdrop hunters with ETH, BTC or any Popular Coin thats already trading in the market
2. Buy Back some initial dumpers, which will make almost everyone else not to dump any more

Anyone who knows a better way can tell us here!

I agree with these 2 points, i think pay bounty with ETH is a good solution but the problem is when a project/ICO failed or not reach softcap, how is the project will pay the bounty participants? I'm sure many bounty hunters will complaint and make a scam accusation thread about it. Also, the project owner using their token to pay bounty participants because of they don't want use their money to buy eth to pay the bounty hunters.
Jonnitor

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:15:07 PM

Im not in favor of bounty paid by ethereum. Because for me its fulfilling to have more tokens to received from bounty campaigns.
joel123

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:47:33 AM

Every bounty hunter I know of will most likely jump at the offer of being paid in ETH rather than in tokens. Reason being that a lot of them think that it is a better option because some of these tokens turn out to be really shitty, and sometimes, they need their money urgently, but they cannot convert to USD if the token is not yet listed on an exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: