Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:20:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin Gold have a future?  (Read 21589 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 02:46:05 AM

I think developers need to introduce other funcionalities. New use cases are needed.

Exactly. That's what Bitcoin Gold needs in order to gain mainstream adoption. Otherwise, it'll be a cryptocurrrency that will be considered by many as a speculative instrument. For example, Dogecoin became abandoned in development for some time ago, and now it's only used for speculation. No devs on the project means, that it'll become obsolete anytime soon.

The same thing could happen with Bitcoin Gold if it lacks active development and innovation. That's key towards long term success of any cryptocurrency. While BTG's goal is to become an ASIC-resistant cryptocurrency for everyone, there are now many other alternatives with the same purpose. Which is why, it's hard to tell whenever Bitcoin Gold will have a future or not. We will have to see how everything unfolds as time goes by. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EvgenOrel

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 10:11:39 AM

Bitcoin Gold seems to have a solid development team, as it has managed to quickly implement an ASIC-resistant algorithm after the release of Bitmain's miners for Equihash. If it remains a GPU-only mineable coin, then it would be much more decentralized in the mining process than both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. However, its success will only depend on the level of adoption it would experience in the mainstream world.

Considering that it has all the same features as Bitcoin, with the differences being an ASIC-resistant algorithm and better privacy, it could be well worth the investment after all.

Nonetheless, do you think Bitcoin Gold (BTG) will have a future or not? Smiley

While it is difficult to make any predictions. We need to wait for the stabilization of the crypto market next year, then further prospects for Bitcoin Gold will be clear. But I believe that BTG has a good potential for successful development in the future. Now this is a really good choice for promising investments.
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 10:28:20 AM

I do not think Bitcoin Gold will has a good future. The most of it's features are already implemented in other blockchains, so people have almost forgotten about BTG.
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 10:41:52 AM

I do not think Bitcoin Gold will has a good future. The most of it's features are already implemented in other blockchains, so people have almost forgotten about BTG.

Bitcoin gold is the same as other bitcoin cash or altcoins, it is difficult to be able to enter top 3, there is no special feature of bitcoin gold so people prefer to choose bitcoin, ethereum or others.
mistanama

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 08:44:04 AM

It just an altcoin and it is created as a free money for the bitcoin holders back then and i don't see any special characteristic to bitcoin gold that separate itself from other altcoins. It is doesn't have a future for me because just like the other hard forked coins, they don't have the hype anymore and it doesn't have a good amount of demand to attain growth.
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 11:28:34 AM

Every mistake could be a lesson.  From poor performance they able to impove it and innovate their platforms;  from this the management and its team able to prove that its not too late for them. They show that Bitcoin Gold is a worthy investment and have a great future.
muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 11:33:58 AM

We were thinking that LTC really needed for a long time! Then the bitcoin fork into our lives began to increase. Bitcoincash and later Gold. I really don't think we need this much copy of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is enough for all of us.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 02:32:40 AM

Exactly. Right now, it's nearly impossible for Bitcoin Gold to keep up with other cryptocurrencies on the market. This is because, many other coins have implemented privacy features and ASIC-resistance, which greatly defeats the purpose of BTG. If Bitcoin Gold wants to have a bright future, it would need to be always one step ahead by delivering unique features not available elsewhere.

But, apart from carrying the Bitcoin brand/name, Bitcoin Gold has stalled in development for quite some time now. Of course, the team is still working on the cryptocurrency, but progress is extremely low. Which means that, BTG could be left behind while other major cryptocurrencies will continue to take the world by storm.

Nonetheless, there could be a future for Bitcoin Gold as a speculative cryptocurrency. After all, Dogecoin has been abandoned in development for quite a few years now but it's still alive and actively traded across the market. The same thing could happen with Bitcoin Gold, and other cryptocurrencies which cannot keep up with the latest trends in the Blockchain Industry. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Gudhal Untu

Activity: 845
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 02:41:20 AM

I think Bitcoin gold is the same as other altcoins like Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV and so on, it's hard to beat Bitcoin because all eyes are on Bitcoin.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2019, 01:42:06 AM

I also think bitcoin gold is just others like coins named Bitcoin cash or another name, and someone say to not invest on this coins because is risky and choose bitcoin only, but anyway people do what they want and maybe some of this coins will succeed over time.
bajindul88

Activity: 303

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 01:52:02 AM

I also think bitcoin gold is just others like coins named Bitcoin cash or another name, and someone say to not invest on this coins because is risky and choose bitcoin only, but anyway people do what they want and maybe some of this coins will succeed over time.
It all depends on the user and the holder in the world of cryptocurrency to be taken where he is going. because after all Bitcoin Gold is almost the same as other Bitcoin forks that have not been able to surpass Bitcoin itself. pretty hard to surpass other bitcoin forks. but if the users / holders and makers are sure it can happen
Commitments

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 02:07:12 AM

Bitcoin have good for the future with many investor always support and invest their money in bitcoin and altcoin, we have support for bitcoin become most popular payment in the future and accepted by many greatest companies.
r.bhalla07

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:25:13 AM

Yes this is right that the bitcoin gold have really a good future because this is the only coin that have a very good profit rate and have a stable coin in this time also when the market is in very critical condition so that i love this coin.

FilmBusinessBuster.com
» A GAME CHANGER for the Film Industry  «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 05:32:21 PM

Many miners are still interested in it. I do not deal with this fork, but I can guess it has a future. If Bitcoin cash is considered to be a pretty good cryptocurrency, why Bitcoin Gold should vanish from the market?
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:13:21 PM

To answer the question of if the coin will have a future; I think its best asking what will actually make someone invest in this coin? Are there new functionalities, features etc which can really attract investors ? By answering these questions then one can know if the coin will have a future or not.
Am not a holder, so I can't really answer
right we really can't answer with certainty but we can predict because as holders we always monitor the development of coins and markets.
and I think Bitcoin Gold doesn't have anything that can cause investors to invest a lot in Bitcoin Gold.
but I did not say that it would always apply because Bitcoin Gold could launch something big.

Honestly, I do not think that this fork has a very good future. It might exist on the market for a couple of years more, and then, it will start sliding down. Suppose, in 5 years or about it Bitcoin Gold will vanish.
Nivelir

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 01:21:14 PM

BTG has no future, I will speak directly, so I can confidently say that now people really understand that there is nothing that can really change what is now beneficial for the implementation of the entire cryptocurrency space.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 12:15:16 AM

Many miners are still interested in it. I do not deal with this fork, but I can guess it has a future. If Bitcoin cash is considered to be a pretty good cryptocurrency, why Bitcoin Gold should vanish from the market?

Well, miners will continue to mine BTG or any other cryptocurrency which allows them to earn some profit. While BTG's price has declined drastically over the past months, it's still a somewhat-valuable cryptocurrency. The big advantage BTG has over the original Bitcoin (BTC) is that it can be easily mined with a GPU. Not to mention, it implements Zero Knowledge Proofs for privacy.

Of course, there are several other cryptocurrencies on the market which are practically the same as BTG in terms of features. But Bitcoin Gold's branding would allow it to stay actively traded on the market for quite some time. Still though, if BTG aims to be a unique cryptocurrency, it would need to deliver constant development and innovation. Being relatively slow in this regard, it's very unlikely that the cryptocurrency will have a future.

Therefore, everything will depend on mainstream adoption whenever miners or users will still support Bitcoin Gold or abandon it altogether for the next big thing in crypto. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
lyks15

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 01:17:35 AM

I think bitcoin gold have a future. Because it is like a bitcoin innovation so people may patronize it. You see how people did support bitcoin for a decade it still alive the there is an ups and down. So I don't think that people and investors will have a reason to dislike bitcoin gold. And people always want to try new things and new investment.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 10:53:20 PM

I think bitcoin gold have a future. Because it is like a bitcoin innovation so people may patronize it. You see how people did support bitcoin for a decade it still alive the there is an ups and down. So I don't think that people and investors will have a reason to dislike bitcoin gold. And people always want to try new things and new investment.

Well, Bitcoin Gold has nothing new to offer since most of its features are already provided by other altcoins on the market. Features such as Zero-Knowledge Proofs and a PoW algorithm which is ASIC-resistant, are widely available on other prominent altcoins in the market. The only thing BTG has, is the Bitcoin brand/name.  This has given Bitcoin Gold a sort of advantage relative to other well-known cryptocurrencies. However, each day BTG seems to be declining in price at a slow pace.

There isn't much sentiment to the coin, as people have gone to look for better alternatives on the market. Given that there's not much progress in the development of Bitcoin Gold, I'd say that it will die anytime soon. Bitcoin SV appears to be in the same road as Bitcoin Gold and other Bitcoin forks.

Therefore, to say that Bitcoin Gold has a future, would be saying that Dogecoin has a future. With an almost non-existent development and innovation, things aren't looking bright for the long-term prospects of the BTG cryptocurrency. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 11:52:07 PM

In my own opinion, a coin or project can only have a future when the team are making adequate efforts to offer value to investors while enhancing the project as well. Can't remember the last time I heard about this coin, so if the team aren't offering new ways to make the project relevant then it will die off.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: