Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:19:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's stop comparing Bitcoin to Ethereum or any other Cryptos  (Read 20462 times)
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:03:58 AM

you can never stop people from making such comparisons, they have been doing it for as long as I can remember. as it was pointed out, most of them are just spam advertising their bags but also there is another group of newbies who see bitcoin and see its rise from $0.01 to whatever the current price of that time is and think they have missed the chance of making a good investment so they seek out alternatives that are still at lower prices and think if they invest in those they can make the same profit when they go up to bitcoin price levels. but what they don't know is that those altcoins never go up to those levels because they can not do that.
this group ends up comparing their altcoin with bitcoin mostly to see if the price can catch up.

Only Bitcoin
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PhilipCornel01

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:12:56 AM

Yes, it is right because both of them are totally different, there value their acceptance and everything only similarity is all of them are called crypto currency.
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:14:17 AM

Here is the issue, the opposition (Ether, bcash, other alts) they all compare themselves to Bitcoin and pretend that they are version 2.0 of crypto and better so you are definitely going to get a lot of defensive post and comparisons.

True, even Bitcoin forks aims to be the better cryptocurrency which is risky to invest because they all have the same function and the problem of Bitcoin were never been resolved with those forks that happened. Bitcoin was incomparable with any coin because it's proven itself already through the years.
i think that too, and we all know that too.
bitcoin is too strong to compare with new coins (altcoin),
i think those who compare bitcoin with other new coins intend to raise the new coin name.
or it can be said to advertise the new coin by raising the new coin name as an interesting topic of conversation,
so that the new coin name becomes known to many people.

and automatically new coin prices will rise.

Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:35:27 AM

Here is the issue, the opposition (Ether, bcash, other alts) they all compare themselves to Bitcoin and pretend that they are version 2.0 of crypto and better so you are definitely going to get a lot of defensive post and comparisons.

True, even Bitcoin forks aims to be the better cryptocurrency which is risky to invest because they all have the same function and the problem of Bitcoin were never been resolved with those forks that happened. Bitcoin was incomparable with any coin because it's proven itself already through the years.
i think that too, and we all know that too.
bitcoin is too strong to compare with new coins (altcoin),
i think those who compare bitcoin with other new coins intend to raise the new coin name.
or it can be said to advertise the new coin by raising the new coin name as an interesting topic of conversation,
so that the new coin name becomes known to many people.

and automatically new coin prices will rise.
comparing has no used at all so let's stop comparing it. We need to make some right decision on the  feild. I believe that if we are going to do engaging on both eth and bitcoin or maybe altcoin we can also have many opportunity to earn in a different way.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1520

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 05:46:24 AM

I don't think it is relevant to compare Bitcoin to Ethereum or comparing any other cryptos to each other. I know its quiet tempting to compare Bitcoin to Ethereum because of their reputations in terms of their market cap and volume.But I do believe that the source of doubt in most people in the crypto community is mostly because of this comparisons made about cryptocurrencies. People who don't really know and understand the ideas and purpose of the creation of cryptocurrency will just share their ignorance to the world, which is not helping the crypto market. People sell their cryptos just because they heard that a particular coin is better than the coin they have. To add to these, I believe dumping of crypto coins is also as a result of this kinda comparisons made by people.  Please let's find a way to talk about cryptos rather than comparing them to each other...... Huh Huh Huh

To compare is just to find similarities and differences. Anyone can compare anything he wants. There is nothing wrong with it.

anderson705

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:50:04 AM

you can never stop people from making such comparisons, they have been doing it for as long as I can remember. as it was pointed out, most of them are just spam advertising their bags but also there is another group of newbies who see bitcoin and see its rise from $0.01 to whatever the current price of that time is and think they have missed the chance of making a good investment so they seek out alternatives that are still at lower prices and think if they invest in those they can make the same profit when they go up to bitcoin price levels. but what they don't know is that those altcoins never go up to those levels because they can not do that.
this group ends up comparing their altcoin with bitcoin mostly to see if the price can catch up.

You cant compare and platform like Ethereum to Bitcoin. As a platform, it has tokens under its platform which is not present in bitcoin. Bitcoin is the ,main cryptocurrencies and several cryptos are called altcoins.In addition Ethereum is not only a platform but s programming language running on the blockchain where in you can create dapps or any applications you can make.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:53:44 AM

I don't think it is relevant to compare Bitcoin to Ethereum or comparing any other cryptos to each other. I know its quiet tempting to compare Bitcoin to Ethereum because of their reputations in terms of their market cap and volume.But I do believe that the source of doubt in most people in the crypto community is mostly because of this comparisons made about cryptocurrencies. People who don't really know and understand the ideas and purpose of the creation of cryptocurrency will just share their ignorance to the world, which is not helping the crypto market. People sell their cryptos just because they heard that a particular coin is better than the coin they have. To add to these, I believe dumping of crypto coins is also as a result of this kinda comparisons made by people.  Please let's find a way to talk about cryptos rather than comparing them to each other...... Huh Huh Huh
True. Crypto currencies can not be compared to each other. Each coin has its own unique feature that other coins do not have. So no way they are comparable, but do have there up and down sides. Coins that are same as other are clone coins which usually are shitcoins that die within few months. But, yeah, you can relatively pair two coins to evaluate the value of a coin and bitcoin is the most common one.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:58:04 AM

Completely true. Bitcoin is in a different league when compared to all other cryptocurrencies which is why it is seriously stupid when people compare with any other coin or token since they are a world apart. I like Ethereum, Stellar Lumens, Ripple, Litecoin etc, but these are always my secondary choices in this market since Bitcoin has, will and shall always be my primary choice. Anyone who says otherwise are either dumb or simply delusional in my opinion.

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:15:19 AM

I guess I get the spirit of what you're saying. It's a free market though. Competition leads to innovation and almost always result to positive results for end users. Cryptocurrency technology is very much still in its infancy and it hasn't really had that breakthrough that could penetrate the mainstream. The more teams working on more projects (legit ones of course), the larger the chance of success.

That being said, comparisons are inevitable because of their similarities and each having its own niche. I don't think it's inherently bad either. It's up to the individual's due diligence if he wants to pick something over another.

Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:51:20 AM

I see no reason or a fact where bitcoin can be compared to ethereum. Though is also good. But we have to look at the usage and even dominance of bitcoin in the market. Bitcoin dominance is about 40% or even more and this proves the exact acceptance of bitcoin compared to ethereum.
ResuLT

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:12:56 AM

Bitcoin is the God of the cryptocurrency so that you can easily compare them to another because it is unbeatable in any side.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:24:11 AM

I agree, let's not compare bitcoin to other coins, they have different potential and we have our own decision to decide if what coins do we want to buy or to sell. Stop comparing, just buy buy buy when the coins are now in dips.
Brandon Thompson

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:59:49 AM

When you're an investor, it's essential that you should compare one product with its substitutions to make a wise decision about what's worth your money. Comparing Bitcoin with other cryptocurrency is necessary to choose what's the best to put money in. Without comparing, how could we know what's more profitable?
Benjamin Sousa

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:04:21 AM

Comparison is important. Comparison gives us hint to choose what should be invested, which is more profitable. Yeah, I agree that the reputation that Bitcoin's better than Ether makes people tend to buy Bitcoin more, but that's not wrong, Bitcoin is actually better. When people come to the crypto market, they are supposed to research thoroughly not just hearing worth-of-mouth statements. If they just hear rumor like "Bitcoin is far more better than Ether" and rush to buy Bitcoin without finding out what Ether is for, it's their faut, not the fault of comparing.
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:05:13 AM

yes ... stop to compare bitcoin with ethereum and crypto others because everything can be profitable, especially cryto can be known by many people because of bitcoin .
As one infamous person said you can enjoy one without degrading the other. Well in the case of crypto I think you don't have to compare bitcoin with the other. You can just live in here and don't pay attention to other crypto. I think that comparison doesn't really matter you just really have to enjoy bitcoin's greatness.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:04:31 AM

I feel you there, but please do not be overly sensitive on this.  Remember that comparison is good. Comparison is essential. And comparison has its benefits.

Take the case of bitcoin and ethereum. You have to compare which one has a greater gain if you want to passively invest and allow time to mature.  Both have proven their worth and by comparing them statistically you end up with a better choice.

By comparing their utilities, you get to know that ethereum can offer much more than being just a digital cash, but that does not take away the popularity of bitcoin as a payment method.

I hope you get my point.  It is important to compare but my we remember that there is no competition here as bitcoin will remain to lead the rally of cryptocurrencies.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:39:33 AM

it is the bag holder mentality and you can not stop it.
every time bitcoin price rises, a lot of newbies start coming in and when they do and see the high price they think to themselves that they have missed the chance to buy bitcoin. then the scammers use this mentality to feed them their own shitcoin. so the newbies end up thinking they have found something at its early stages like bitcoin was when it was worth a lot less and they start investing in it and then constantly talk about how it is like bitcoin. that is where the comparing comes from.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:54:37 AM

there is no way you will talk about cryptocurrencies without comparing them. even the existance of some new coin is as a result of comparism in term of the functions they perform which led to creation of a new coin. even on trading platform cryptocurrencies are been compared and this comparison is what bring about what is being traded against what. I do not believe in your claim. there is no way people will not compare likes even in traditional stock markets, stock are being compared
Masongrae

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:56:05 AM

Whether you like it or not, comparison will always be there. It is not putting anycrypto down but rather a way to awareness of where they can better invest. Just like when i invest one doesn’t mean that the others are bad but rather i saw something that in my own perception its good for me that probably for others it may not be a good idea. Its the person’s prerogative already how he compare cryptos for his benefit.

▬▬[  Imperium Platform  ] ▬▬   
▌Decentralized Crypto Exchange & Lending Platform▐
▬▬  PUBLIC SALE STARTS AUGUST 19th ▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Facebook| ▬▬
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:00:49 AM

I see no reason or a fact where bitcoin can be compared to ethereum. Though is also good. But we have to look at the usage and even dominance of bitcoin in the market. Bitcoin dominance is about 40% or even more and this proves the exact acceptance of bitcoin compared to ethereum.
bitcoin is dominance because it is the oldest coin and it has been relevant. remeber the dogecoin is also one of the earliest coin but it amount to nothing now. bitcoin can only be used to make payment but some dev have seen potentials that crypto can offer and it was as a result of this comparison that bring about altcoin and ethereum offer more functions than bitcoin even though bitcoin is still dominance in term of usage
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: